Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feddback on Sign-in on Android BOI Mobile app

Options
  • 01-09-2020 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I would like to see a log-out icon available on the first screen after you log-in

It is a bit annoying having to click on the profile icon top right, wait for the screen to appear and then click on the Log out button.

Obviously I could just leave it to log off automatically after the time-out period elapses but ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

jpd wrote: »
    I would like to see a log-out icon available on the first screen after you log-in

It is a bit annoying having to click on the profile icon top right, wait for the screen to appear and then click on the Log out button.

Obviously I could just leave it to log off automatically after the time-out period elapses but ...
    Hi Jpd,

Thanks for your suggestion on our mobile app. We really appreciate you taking the time to share this with us.

Just to mention, if you exit out of the app on your phone, this should log you out of the app as well. We'll certainly share this feedback with our app development team. Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭jpd

I disagree with you - if I launch the BOI app, enter my PIN code, or rather the three numbers requested, the BOI app opens

If I hit the Home button on the navigation bar my phone, I get back to the Home screen but I am still logged in - if I open the BOI app again, I do not have to re-enter my PIN code so I it is still active and connected.

If I hit the Back button (<) on the navigation bar my phone, absolutely nothing happens and I remain in the BOI app

if I hit the Finder buttin (¦¦¦) I get the list of the active apps and I can close the BOI app by swiping upwards. I now have to re-enter the PIN code to access the app again

So there is no simple way to close the app and disconnect from within the app itself. If left inactive, it times out and closes the connection to the BOI server so that I have to re-enter the PIN code when I re-activate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

jpd wrote: »
    I disagree with you - if I launch the BOI app, enter my PIN code, or rather the three numbers requested, the BOI app opens

If I hit the Home button on the navigation bar my phone, I get back to the Home screen but I am still logged in - if I open the BOI app again, I do not have to re-enter my PIN code so I it is still active and connected.

If I hit the Back button (<) on the navigation bar my phone, absolutely nothing happens and I remain in the BOI app

if I hit the Finder buttin (¦¦¦) I get the list of the active apps and I can close the BOI app by swiping upwards. I now have to re-enter the PIN code to access the app again

So there is no simple way to close the app and disconnect from within the app itself. If left inactive, it times out and closes the connection to the BOI server so that I have to re-enter the PIN code when I re-activate it
    Thanks for getting back to us here on Boards.ie. 

Please be assured we will pass this on as feedback on your behalf to our Digital Development Team. 

Thanks, Aisling

Advertisement