Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One controller to PC via bluetooth

Options
  • 01-09-2020 2:32pm

Anyone running an xbox one controller wirelessly to PC with a bluetooth dongle? I've two dongles - both came with wireless mouse/keyboard sets. I assume these are generic bluetooth dongles in that they see a smart TV and wireless IP camers. However they don't see the xbox one controller when I set it up to pair. Oddly my phone's bluetooth sees it just fine. Do I just need a better dongle?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I was in the same boat, trying to connect my Elite controller to the PC via BT.
    I had an older BT adapter, which worked fine for music, but didn't work with the Elite.
    I purchased a newer adapter, and it worked. My guess is that the Elite wanted BT 4.0 or something, and the old dongle didn't support it.

Never thought about the bluetooth version - you're spot on I'd say. Thanks.

I seem to be jinxed. Seems like I got a dead bluetooth 5 dongle. The internal blue led illuminates but no sound alert when connected, Xbox controller still not seen by PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Anyone running an xbox one controller wirelessly to PC with a bluetooth dongle? I've two dongles - both came with wireless mouse/keyboard sets. I assume these are generic bluetooth dongles in that they see a smart TV and wireless IP camers. However they don't see the xbox one controller when I set it up to pair. Oddly my phone's bluetooth sees it just fine. Do I just need a better dongle?

Are you sure they are BT dongles? The majority of wireless keyboards and mice don't use BT

Advertisement