Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming spots at low tide

Options
  • 01-09-2020 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,220 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all. Just wondering if anyone knows of any decent places to swim on the Northside when the tide is out? If there are any places?
    I'm pretty sure the 40ft in Sandycove is always swimmable, but I'm not aware of such a place on the Northside. I live near the coast at St Anne's park.
    I'm just asking because I find it very hard to get a time when Bull Wall works for a swim, high tide is usually when I'm at work or at stupid o'clock.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Balscadden out in howth is a very popular swimming spot

• Registered Users Posts: 14,220 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

neris wrote: »
    Balscadden out in howth is a very popular swimming spot

Thanks. Yes maybe one of the first few coves would be pretty deep and easy to get to.

Thanks. Yes maybe one of the first few coves would be pretty deep and easy to get to.

The beach at Balscadden is pretty easy to get to. Its down a set of steps just up past the apartments and swimmers go out a fair bit from the beach

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

neris wrote: »
    The beach at Balscadden is pretty easy to get to. Its down a set of steps just up past the apartments and swimmers go out a fair bit from the beach

Where exactly is this? i googled it but its coming up North West of Skerries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭wench

• Advertisement

budhabob wrote: »
    Where exactly is this? i googled it but its coming up North West of Skerries.

at the east pier in howth take the road to the right up by East/King Sitric. Theres a small block of Apartments on the sea side and up past those is a grey metal gate which has steps down to the beach

• Registered Users Posts: 30,092 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The steps down to the beach are a bit Famous Five at Smuggler's Cove :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭iancairns

Hi all. Just wondering if anyone knows of any decent places to swim on the Northside when the tide is out? If there are any places?
    I'm pretty sure the 40ft in Sandycove is always swimmable, but I'm not aware of such a place on the Northside. I live near the coast at St Anne's park.
    I'm just asking because I find it very hard to get a time when Bull Wall works for a swim, high tide is usually when I'm at work or at stupid o'clock.
    Thanks.

The tides flip sure once a week so no reason why half the year tides shouldn't work for ya!

Advertisement