Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Harris was always supposed to be the nominee apparently until Tulsi ended her in the debate..Biden was the only one who could take out Sanders..

I have a really bad feeling about him and the debates..

How do you mean, I'd imagine they'll put everything into ensuring he is ok...

Yeah, you'd imagine so, but I still reckon he could just blank or short circuit or something and we're all just left looking at someone too old for it..

Yeah, you'd imagine so, but I still reckon he could just blank or short circuit or something and we're all just left looking at someone too old for it..

It'll be an odd one alright...the big issue for one candidate is that he may not make it through the 90 mins, and the big issue the other fella has is he can't shut himself up for more than 2 mins.

I just hope all three debates are live...that way no one can claim something has been edited or doctored in any way...its crazy that is something that requires thinking about!!!

Are you pushing the performance enhancing drugs angle? You guys really need to actually consider the nonsense you're spouting.

Are you pushing the performance enhancing drugs angle? You guys really need to actually consider the nonsense you're spouting.

He is a 78 year old man, who is a few weeks into a grueling campaign...I haven't suggested anything of the sort, but if you don't think that his handlers won't be adjusting his schedule, diet and rest in the run up then you really are naive.

And so what if they are giving him some chemical to boost him, if someone told me Trump was on something I wouldn't get my knickers in a twist...it's certainly explain how he manages to cover so much ground rallying MASSIVE crowds all over the States seemingly every day all day long...I don't know how he does it!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

He is a 78 year old man, who is a few weeks into a grueling campaign...I haven't suggested anything of the sort, but if you don't think that his handlers won't be adjusting his schedule, diet and rest in the run up then you really are naive.

And so what if they are giving him some chemical to boost him, if someone told me Trump was on something I wouldn't get my knickers in a twist...it's certainly explain how he manages to cover so much ground rallying MASSIVE crowds all over the States seemingly every day all day long...I don't know how he does it!!!!!

Trump is 74. This notion that Biden is old and decrepit at nearly 78 but Trump is grand at 74 is just bizarre.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Trump is 74. This notion that Biden is old and decrepit at nearly 78 but Trump is grand at 74 is just bizarre.

You see no difference in energy levels between the two?

I mean...it is not really a bizarre to question whether a 78 year old man has the energy to run for the highest office in the world now is it?

It isn't bizarre to question whether a 74 year old man has the energy either...

Why do ye get so prickly about these obvious things?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

I mean...it is not really a bizarre to question whether a 78 year old man has the energy to run for the highest office in the world now is it?

It isn't bizarre to question whether a 74 year old man has the energy either...

Why do ye get so prickly about these obvious things?

I'm not at all. You're the one who suggested Biden might not make it through the debate based on what I don't know. We just saw him stand for his entire townhall last week while Trump was very low energy and sat for all of his. Did you watch Trump's extremely low energy speech at the RNC? In more formal structured settings Trump is very low energy. Surely you can see that.

Trump's campaign (which you seem enthralled by) is the same each night. He flies in, gets off the plane, gets on stage about 100m from the plane, rambles on about the exact same things to a crowd who cheer no matter what, gets back on the plane and off he goes. Rinse and repeat every night. He seems to feed off the adulation of the MAGA crowds at his rallies and can basically talk about whatever he wants unchallenged. There'll be no crowds at the debates and he will face challenge - I reckon he'll flop badly. Not discounting ridiculous Biden gaffes either.

I'm not at all. You're the one who suggested Biden might not make it through the debate based on what I don't know. We just saw him stand for his entire townhall last week while Trump was very low energy and sat for all of his. Did you watch Trump's extremely low energy speech at the RNC? In more formal structured settings Trump is very low energy. Surely you can see that.

Trump's campaign (which you seem enthralled by) is the same each night. He flies in, gets off the plane, gets on stage about 100m from the plane, rambles on about the exact same things to a crowd who cheer no matter what, gets back on the plane and off he goes. Rinse and repeat every night. He seems to feed off the adulation of the MAGA crowds at his rallies and can basically talk about whatever he wants unchallenged. There'll be no crowds at the debates and he will face challenge - I reckon he'll flop badly. Not discounting ridiculous Biden gaffes either.

Are we not all enthralled by this election...are you not enthralled by this election? It would seem, if the thread count on the number of different threads on this topic is anything to go by...there is a hell of a lot of people enthralled by this election.

I didn't sit through Trumps speech at the RNC or his townhall...I'm not that enthralled!!! Was he any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

Harris was always supposed to be the nominee apparently until Tulsi ended her in the debate..Biden was the only one who could take out Sanders..

I have a really bad feeling about him and the debates..

Yep, Kamala and her sister connected to Clinton's and Michèle Flournoy who apparently want to continue the fight with Russia. China doing nicely now, covid19 over, US companies required to do 50% deal etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    Biden has brain issues, it's a fact
    There is no hypocrisy and i honestly feel sorry for him but that's the reality

Mod: We've been down this road before with other posters. It's not 'a fact'. Drop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Differences in energy;

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

Trump has tons of energy. He's constantly doing interviews, rallies and events. Biden is hiding in his house and when he's allowed talk by his handlers is looking confused, weak and massively lacking in energy. He was a terrible pick to run for president from the dems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Trump has tons of energy. He's constantly doing interviews, rallies and events. Biden is hiding in his house and when he's allowed talk by his handlers is looking confused, weak and massively lacking in energy. He was a terrible pick to run for president from the dems.

And yet Biden is still seen as the favourite.
    The second part of your post was nonsense btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Double O Seven

It makes absolutely no difference which one of the two bought and paid for puppet win

• Registered Users Posts: 25,603 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Same idiotic posts, different day.

Differences in energy;

To be fair, they are from a while ago and Trump has explained his reason for walking that way down a ramp....

Seeing as we are in the full throws of an election, anything from yesterday? or the day before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Biden is nearly 80
    He's like any other nearly 80 year old physically although obviously in better shape
    The debates in 5 or 6 days is it will test him
    Trump can come out with his usual and his voters won't mind
    Now he's refusing to rule out staying in the Whitehouse if he loses saying he'll bring it to the supreme Court with its newly minted republican majority

It's hilarious how they keep posting the 'Biden riding a bike' clip..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭hirondelle

If you listened to them you would know they were not merely "potential polluters".

No, and this is the problem when you have overreaching legislation as it enables environmentalists and climate change activists to easily dismiss genuine issues.

You act as if he repealed the act on his own. He responded to complaints and from what I can see they were genuine.

The current administration are concerned about that which deserves to be concerned about also. You saying that what happened has meant industry can pollute with impunity is simply not true as they rolled regulations back, they did not just repeal it and leave nothing in place. New measures are coming too and I'm sure they will alleviate the more genuine of concerns.

Like I said, it's rolled back and far from the free for all you're implying there now is.

Actually I did watch the video- and the farmer in question states that he is now being forced to get a permit before he sprays weedkiller. I'm not arguing for or against largescale soybean production- but there you have the issue- that farmer states that he is very environmentally conscious and I have no doubt he is a good steward of the land- even to the point of carbon sequestering (even if his president doesn't think he should bother as it is all a hoax) but still wants reduced regulatory oversight. He (the farmer) is a representative of the farming community, and a very good one. but he is the handpicked exemplar for the people who want less regulation- the regulations are there for the farmers who aren't like this guy.

Pesticides are not removed in the water treatment process- I happen to have experience of the regulations here on the same issue and can tell you, some farmers don't give a toss about even maintaining setback distances from watercourses when spraying. You have presented the case on behalf of the polluters, my question to you was about the drinking water supply- would you honestly be happy to see a regime where farmers and industry know they can get away with the odd spill here and there, or other shortcuts in good practice?

The issue was also raised thee that water bodies cross state lines- Chesapeake Bay has been improved because of the CWA, so when individual states start to roll back on the regulations, everyone downstream gets the consequences of that.

Water quality is the US is very good overall (Flint being an example of a total system- with the EPA being absolutely part of the problem in that case)- a huge part of that is down to the CWA. Rolling back on it is going to lead in one direction. I'm not anti-business but I believe that human nature is such that proper regulation is vital, particularly with something as fundamental as a safe drinking water supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Regis779

Sad as it is, i also think he will will by a slim margin

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

And yet Biden is still seen as the favourite.
    The second part of your post was nonsense btw.

so was Hilary ...

Trump will win no ifs ands or buts ...

It's hilarious how they keep posting the 'Biden riding a bike' clip..

They really are hopeless. He's riding a bike not climbing Everest. Ah sure leave them to it i say. Trump has the energy that will win him 4 more years and the meltdown come the 4th will be one for the ages. Even better than 2016 in my view :D

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

near 4 years to prepare for this election
    and the best the Dems could come up with was a 78 year old ex-VP and a woman who could only manage 4th place in her own state during the DNC nomination campaign.

Imagine if someone said that 3 years ago, the plan is we have 24x7 attacks on Trump for 3 years, and we tell the electorate we are progressive and then we roll out a 78 year old white guy and a VP pick who wasnt even liked in her own state.

The left were obviously seriously let down by their educational institutions across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,603 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

They really are hopeless. He's riding a bike not climbing Everest. Ah sure leave them to it i say. Trump has the energy that will win him 4 more years and the meltdown come the 4th will be one for the ages. Even better than 2016 in my view :D

Care to post a video of Trump doing anything slightly energetic over the last four years?

His golfing doesn't count as he is too lazy to walk and uses a buggy.

The man sat for his whole town hall, can't even stand for an hour at his rallies without desperately clinging to the podium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Care to post a video of Trump doing anything slightly energetic over the last four years?

His golfing doesn't count as he is too lazy to walk and uses a buggy.

The man sat for his whole town hall, can't even stand for an hour at his rallies without desperately clinging to the podium.

The difference in the campaigning shows enough. Trump is in a different state every single day. The hard slog. Clocking up the mileage ,visiting businesses and meeting the people. Every single day.

Biden on the other hand is at home relying on the media and Michael Bloomberg to promote/buy the election for him.

Chalk and cheese.

The difference in the campaigning shows enough. Trump is in a different state every single day. The hard slog. Clocking up the mileage ,visiting businesses and meeting the people. Every single day.

Biden on the other hand is at home relying on the media and Michael Bloomberg to promote/buy the election for him.

Chalk and cheese.

This is evidently untrue. Just yesterday he spent the whole day in the White House. He is not visiting businesses every single day as you claim. That is false. Trump's schedule is pretty much the same every day: in Washington most of the day, flies to an airport and hosts a rally on the airport grounds, gets back on the plane and back to Washington. It's totally false to claim he's in a different state every single day and that he's visiting businesses every day.

https://factba.se/topic/calendar

Chalk and cheese.

Nail on the head.

• Advertisement

Chalk and cheese.

This is complete lies...fake news....Biden visited Charlotte yesterday...nobody turned up to the event but that's beside the point....he might as well have stayed at home!!!

In fact I thought that was the plan...keep at home for as long as possible...you know, cause of science!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement