Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Your right...I should be talking about her most recent threat to impeach the President...for allowing Melania to redesign the Rose garden or some such!!!
    Stimulus plan
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/24/coronavirus-stimulus-democrats-prepare-new-relief-bill.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

The mad thing is, representing just those anecdotes, hes the president most in touch with the american public.

To some of the above posters, whatever about other states, im calling it here now, florida solid trump, wisconsin trump by a tiny margin

Completely agree...Biden hasn't a hope in Florida.

Any poll that is linked that has Biden up in Florida should be viewed with suspicion, cannot be taken seriously.

This is looking grave for the Democrats all over...is there any state where Biden is gaining?

blinding wrote: »
    Unless something turns up for the Democrats then Trump is going to win by a Landslide ! !

Wait until you see what is thrown at Trump over the next few weeks.

Unfortunately for them, nobody trusts media anymore so it won't make an ounce of difference.

This is going to get ugly I fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Unfortunately for them, nobody trusts media anymore so it won't make an ounce of difference.

More looney tunes wish washey rubbish. With the Trump campaign constantly spreading lies and posting doctored videos, how you can talk about trust in the media and keep a straight face is beyond comprehension.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭batman75

I think Donald J Trump will be re-elected. I just can’t see Joe Biden getting enough momentum to get past Trump. Trump’s re-election will be more of a commentary on the lack of alternative than a validation of his first term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Bidens strategy of doing nothing hasn't changed. There are lads on the dole putting in longer hours

"Joe Biden called a lid — the arcane term reporters use when a politician is done traveling for the day — at 1:02 p.m. Friday; 9:20 a.m. Thursday; 9:22 a.m. Tuesday and 8:34 a.m. Saturday. Biden’s early turn-ins provoked the Twitter set, professionally nervous Democrats (OK, bedwetters) and, notably, Donald Trump to scratch their heads or rain down ridicule"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

More looney tunes wish washey rubbish. With the Trump campaign constantly spreading lies and posting doctored videos, how you can talk about trust in the media and keep a straight face is beyond comprehension.

https://morningconsult.com/2020/04/22/media-credibility-cable-news-poll/

https://www.cjr.org/the_media_today/trust-in-media-down.php

https://news.gallup.com/poll/267047/americans-trust-mass-media-edges-down.aspx

Feel free to disagree with me, but it would be nice if you backed up your argument with something more concrete than hyperbole!!!!

Don't expect your media outlet to tell you how little the public trust the outlet...that is just plain idiotic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Wait until you see what is thrown at Trump over the next few weeks.

This is going to get ugly I fear.

Journalists and politicians have been throwing muck at him non-stop every day since he starting the campaign in 2015. Both those roles have low trust among the general public so it does not work and Trump is able to give as good as he gets while continuing to move ahead. This article in Newsweek, throws up something new which shows some people in the previous administration have much to lose.

'Trump Was Right' About FBI Scramble to Assemble Russia Evidence After 2016 Win, Texts Claim
    The federal court documents, filed by Michael Flynn's lawyers in the U.S. District Court of Columbia on Thursday, included text message conversations between FBI staffers about former President Barack Obama's intelligence briefing on January 5, 2017. One unnamed FBI employee asked another "What's the word on how [Obama's] briefing went?"

"Don't know but people here are scrambling for info to support certain things and it's a mad house," the FBI colleague replied. "Trump was right. Still not put together... Why do we do this to ourselves. What is wrong with these people."

After Obama's briefing, the then-president asked Vice President Joe Biden and FBI Director James Comey to stay behind, along with Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates and national security adviser Susan Rice, for a discussion about Flynn, then a Trump campaign adviser.

source

TL;DR The "intelligence" agencies determined that Russia favoured Hillary Clinton, not Donald Trump. That assessment was changed by then head of the CIA John Brennan to support the FBI, Department of Justice and the Obama administration narrative that Trump "colluded" with Russia, that was used as a pretext to spy on him. The sole objective of that fiction was to cover their arses when their spying was exposed to members of the incoming Trump Administration. They set out to destroy both Attorney general Jeff Sessions and incoming secretary of state General Michael Flynn to delay the day of reckoning for as long as possible.

Also see this is a local media outlet in the US: Letter: Attempted coups against Donald Trump

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

https://morningconsult.com/2020/04/22/media-credibility-cable-news-poll/

https://www.cjr.org/the_media_today/trust-in-media-down.php

https://news.gallup.com/poll/267047/americans-trust-mass-media-edges-down.aspx

Feel free to disagree with me, but it would be nice if you backed up your argument with something more concrete than hyperbole!!!!

Don't expect your media outlet to tell you how little the public trust the outlet...that is just plain idiotic!!!

It’s obvious you are just a troll at this point. Posting links about Americans trust in the media, while spreading that same mistrust using doctored messaging and misinformation, only serves to confirm my point.

It’s just a constant stream of biased rubbish from you throughout the whole thread, and I see no point in engaging with you anymore. I wouldn’t mind so much if you could argue a point and apply the same markers to both candidates, but though you sometimes proclaim to, your verbal diarrhoea just continues in your next post. So I’ll just Put you on ignore from now on.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

bobbyy gee wrote: »

I read some of that article but did not finish it.

It started off talking about a guy from Liberia studying jazz, yes jazz, in some small private college in Illinois.

That to me sounds like a Brazilian coming to Ireland to study in one of those private schools that have has so much controversy over the last few years.

Then it goes on to say that Trump's proposals "could devastate science research and tech innovation nationwide, experts warn"

If your going to make the case that the proposals will hinder high tech, high value innovation why not find a science student, or engineering student at MIT for the piece.
    Not some guy doing a masters in jazz performance in some tiny school.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

blinding wrote: »
    Unless something turns up for the Democrats then Trump is going to win by a Landslide ! !

You Trumpists must think that the American people are awful eejits who will suckered in by an incompetent reality TV personality again. They may have been fooled in 2016 but it won't happen this time. You guys are going to be very disappointed with the election result.

I read some of that article but did not finish it.

It started off talking about a guy from Liberia studying jazz, yes jazz, in some small private college in Illinois.

That to me sounds like a Brazilian coming to Ireland to study in one of those private schools that have has so much controversy over the last few years.

Then it goes on to say that Trump's proposals "could devastate science research and tech innovation nationwide, experts warn"

If your going to make the case that the proposals will hinder high tech, high value innovation why not find a science student, or engineering student at MIT for the piece.
    Not some guy doing a masters in jazz performance in some tiny school.

A guy from Liberia A masters in jazz. Lol

Is there any limit to the rubbish people will write in order to mention Trump. He is pure gold to the media. The mere mention of his name generates clicks which pays their wages. Take the journal.ie (boards.ie and journal.ie owned by same company) for example, they will run 4 or 5 Trump mentioned stories a day every day.

A guy from Liberia getting a masters in jazz in Illinois . Iv heard it all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

He has golfed way more than Obama.
    He watches about 8 hours TV a day.
    The had to cut down his intelligence briefings to one page because he wouldn't read anything any longer.

He'd sleep on the floor if there was work in the bed.

Even with that the Biden campaign are not doing themselves any favours. I expect his advisors are preparing him as much as possible in advance of the debates and I expect a commanding performance from him next Tuesday given all the coaching he must have. With a very limited ground game to speak of, they must be pinning their hopes on the debates.

Trump mocks ‘Sleepy Joe’ Biden’s event-free days

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

Lads, you can learn how to program a computer anywhere..

Playing jazz is like way more complicated..

Lads, you can learn how to program a computer anywhere..

Playing jazz is like way more complicated..

I know a guy who travelled from Nairobi to Utah to learn to play the triangle. He told me the triangles in Nairobi just weren't the same

I know a guy who travelled from Nairobi to Utah to learn to play the triangle. He told me the triangles in Nairobi just weren't the same

Try playing a Gmin7b5#9#13 on a triangle..
    Next to impossible..

Try playing a Gmin7b5#9#13 on a triangle..
    Next to impossible..

Theres definitely a YouTube video for that.

https://youtu.be/1jYg28lY0pA

• Registered Users Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Even with that the Biden campaign are not doing themselves any favours. I expect his advisors are preparing him as much as possible in advance of the debates and I expect a commanding performance from him next Tuesday given all the coaching he must have. With a very limited ground game to speak of, they must be pinning their hopes on the debates.

Trump mocks ‘Sleepy Joe’ Biden’s event-free days

Mocking and name calling, the actions of a spoiled five year old. And you look up to him :pac:

• Advertisement

Mocking and name calling, the actions of a spoiled five year old. And you look up to him :pac:

But where is Joe?

He has been calling his day finished by 9am.

Can you give your opinion as to why he might be doing this?

Maybe Biden zealots know something we dont

• Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    You Trumpists must think that the American people are awful eejits who will suckered in by an incompetent reality TV personality again. They may have been fooled in 2016 but it won't happen this time. You guys are going to be very disappointed with the election result.

Ok, not a trumpist at all but a non american living in the US who can't vote but can get an idea of what the general sentiment is. Like any reasonable person, a few months ago I thought that because of his behaviour and actions as President, him losing this election was a shoe in. I had a slight niggling doubt that something could go wrong and he would be re elected but I thought that surely that's unlikely.

The way things are now, I have no doubt that he will win. Its not because the American people are "awful eejits" or whatever, its because from what I can see, the Biden campaign at best is not connecting with voters, and at worst is actively alienating them. Its 2016 all over again but even worse. Are they trying to lose? Sure seems like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

But where is Joe?

Sure, he's staying at base, working on his policies for when he is elected, working with his team to ensure he knows what to expect at the debates (Trump shouting, Trump lying, Trump standing behind him in a silly attempt to intimidate)

Working on lies Trump will definitely tell and having fact checks ready for reply to show Trump up for the liar he is.

The truth is, Trump is doing such a brilliant job of throwing the election away that Biden can stay at base and do these things. No need to "get out there" when Trump is doing all of the work for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Sure, he's staying at base, working on his policies for when he is elected, working with his team to ensure he knows what to expect at the debates (Trump shouting, Trump lying, Trump standing behind him in a silly attempt to intimidate)

Working on lies Trump will definitely tell and having fact checks ready for reply to show Trump up for the liar he is.

The truth is, Trump is doing such a brilliant job of throwing the election away that Biden can stay at base and do these things. No need to "get out there" when Trump is doing all of the work for him.

Yes, we all know that trump is a liar and that's the scary thing - what he is doing now is winning him the election. Like, wtf, biden and the dems are pissing it away.

I hope I'm wrong but I dont think so. I mean, the average Joe here knew Hillary wasn't going to win, she really wasn't liked. This is even worse than that. It really is. And yet still people can't see it.

Are you in the US? because from what I can see, your post seems almost delusional compared to what the reality is on the ground, so to speak. And again, I'm not saying that as a trump supporter.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

But where is Joe?

And what’s Trump doing?

Going around holding superspreader rallies where he talks about no policies, just acts like a child and talks more about Biden than he talks about what he will bring to another four years at the helm.

While Biden is back at base, Trump is pulling TV ads from all battleground states bar Florida, Arizona and Georgia. Imagine moving all your campaign funds to just three states you are defending.

You’ll come back with some nonsense about the polls being wrong before but the Trump campaign is believing them, and they believe that not only are those states in play, but the 3 Senate seats are in jeopardy as well.

He’s also pulled funding from Ohio, Iowa, North Carolina etc. so for all your bitching that Biden isn’t doing anything, he’s still out funding Trump by a massively comfortable margin.

Your boy is in trouble and he knows it. He just won’t publicly say anything.

Faugheen wrote: »
    And what’s Trump doing?

Going around holding superspreader rallies where he talks about no policies, just acts like a child and talks more about Biden than he talks about what he will bring to another four years at the helm.

While Biden is back at base, Trump is pulling TV ads from all battleground states bar Florida, Arizona and Georgia. Imagine moving all your campaign funds to just three states you are defending.

You’ll come back with some nonsense about the polls being wrong before but the Trump campaign is believing them, and they believe that not only are those states in play, but the 3 Senate seats are in jeopardy as well.

He’s also pulled funding from Ohio, Iowa, North Carolina etc. so for all your bitching that Biden isn’t doing anything, he’s still out funding Trump by a massively comfortable margin.

Your boy is in trouble and he knows it. He just won’t publicly say anything.

My boy
    Bitching

Settle down.

Bloomberg is funding Bidens campaign. Biden is at home.

These are all facts

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

My boy
    Bitching

Settle down.

Bloomberg is funding Bidens campaign. Biden is at home.

These are all facts

So you ignore everything else about Trump pulling all funding bar three states, talking about nothing at his rallies and how he’s in trouble.

All of these are facts.

Run along now, let the adults continue the conversation with actual points to make instead of rubbish soundbytes.

Run along now, let the adults continue the conversation with actual points to make instead of rubbish soundbytes.

But like, in the states, at the minute, trump appears to be one of the adults..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Biden is worse than Hillary ~ ~ And By a Long Way.

The Democrats have at their head Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi ~ ~ Both should be in Nursing Homes.

Hillary Clinton and Bill Clinton still have way to much Influence in the Democratic Party.

Hillary should be in the Mental Wing of a Old Folks Home ~ ~ Have you seen how crazy she is lately ! !

Bill Clinton should be in a Nursing home but in a wing that keeps him away from young women.

These are the best the Democrats have to offer ! ! Tis no wonder they have been making such a big fuss about the dead ancient Old Judge ! !

Donald Trump ain’t perfect but he can still Orchestrate a Political Campaign Rally and he is none of the Five Mentioned above ! ! !

Lefties ~ ~ Prepare to throw your Toys out of the Pram again after Donald Trump is Re-Elected ~ ~ Ye should be so proud coz its ye Lefties that Keep Getting Donald Trump Elected ! !

• Advertisement

So you ignore everything else about Trump pulling all funding bar three states, talking about nothing at his rallies and how he’s in trouble.

All of these are facts.

When are the adults arriving?

I don't like your abusive posting style.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement