Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

People say Biden isnt great. He is not as dis-likable as Clinton, that is all he has to be.

I think this is the key, People dont hate Joe Biden, They hated clinton, but they dont hate Joe Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I think this is the key, People dont hate Joe Biden, They hated clinton, but they dont hate Joe Biden.
    They don't hate but for the most part don't particularly like him either.

The question is, is that enough to bring out the liberal/dem/left vote, in the states that matter. That is what this election comes down to.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

ELM327 wrote: »
    They don't hate but for the most part don't particularly like him either.

The question is, is that enough to bring out the liberal/dem/left vote, in the states that matter. That is what this election comes down to.

Considering every notable left wing Democrat has endorsed Biden, I would say so.

It’s the moderate swing voters he needs to appeal to, and those voters are not billionaires who talk tactics about how to avoid paying taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Faugheen wrote: »
    Considering every notable left wing Democrat has endorsed Biden, I would say so.

It’s the moderate swing voters he needs to appeal to, and those voters are not billionaires who talk tactics about how to avoid paying taxes.
    They have indeed, same as most did last time for Hillary. Hollywood too, same as last time, have backed Biden publicly too.

You're absolutely correct, as I said earlier it's the voters in the states that matter, who voted for the Donald last time, that need to be convinced either way blue or red.

ELM327 wrote: »
    They have indeed, same as most did last time for Hillary. Hollywood too, same as last time, have backed Biden publicly too.

You're absolutely correct, as I said earlier it's the voters in the states that matter, who voted for the Donald last time, that need to be convinced either way blue or red.

Actually, Sanders didn’t endorse her. He didn’t just endorse Biden, he did so emphatically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

I think Trump is right, I will be a biased debate tommorow. Chris Wallace, moderator of the first debate, has indicated over the past he suffers from bouts of Trump Derangement Syndrome. Watch for tough questions posed to Trump and softball questions posed to Biden and giving him a pass on his usual empty promises and nonsensical ramblings.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

notobtuse wrote: »
    I think Trump is right, I will be a biased debate tommorow. Chris Wallace, moderator of the first debate, has indicated over the past he suffers from bouts of Trump Derangement Syndrome. Watch for tough questions posed to Trump and softball questions posed to Biden and giving him a pass on his usual empty promises and nonsensical ramblings.

And here we go, getting the excuses in early :pac:

Can you give us an example of a "tough" question" that Trump may be asked?

Can you give us an example of a "softball question" that Biden may be asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ranto_boy

Another day off for Joe! If I were him, I'd sneak in at least one very quick tv interview to capitalise on the tax leaks. But nah, busy all day

https://twitter.com/alec_sears/status/1310583892357808129

https://twitter.com/teamjoe/status/1310399932067729410?s=21

And there is Biden’s answer. 750 is a very easy number to remember.

Biden is very good at utilising easy numbers. He used Romney’s 47% to blow away Paul Ryan in 2012 and you can guarantee he will get as much mileage out of $750 as he possibly can.

And there is Biden’s answer. 750 is a very easy number to remember.

Biden is very good at utilising easy numbers. He used Romney’s 47% to blow away Paul Ryan in 2012 and you can guarantee he will get as much mileage out of $750 as he possibly can.

Yeah, but he's likely to say he paid 750 million..

• Advertisement

Yeah, but he's likely to say he paid 750 million..

That’s great, then he’ll be able to prove it.

The independent swing voters won’t be falling for that shtick this time.

That’s great, then he’ll be able to prove it.

The independent swing voters won’t be falling for that shtick this time.

I meant Biden is likely to say it..

I meant Biden is likely to say it..

Ah, that old chestnut.

Ah, that old chestnut.

I wouldn't go so far as to call him some sort of nut, but there appear to be signs of cognitive decline..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I wouldn't go so far as to call him some sort of nut, but there appear to be signs of cognitive decline..

Only in those that believe Biden's showing it.

Every example shown here, was from an edited or hacked video. He has a stammer that he's worked through that sometimes has him re-stating things.

Other than that, there's nothing, except for the endless tGOP lies and their clapping seals here and elsewhere.

Remember:

Person
    Man
    Woman
    TV
    Vote
    Biden

Trump
    Mispronounced
    His
    Own
    Name

• Registered Users Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Trump
    Mispronounced
    His
    Own
    Name

Called his own wife Melanie.

Look lads, we'll see what happens..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Called his own wife Melanie.

Come back to his when he calls her Michael.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

It's getting prickly as the election moves into super drive....

I'd have a neutral opinion on the Tax story, it is believable that Trump is not the business guru genius he makes himself out to be, always had a wiff of a cowboy off him....it is also believable that there is no story here, just a large organisation playing the old tax dance with the Revenue folk...the NYT is not a news source that I would rely on, but that is just me.

We can see, in the complete absence of any kind of Democratic Presidential campaign the goal is to keep Trump in the negative media cycle until election day it doesn't take a genius to figure that much out....some of these will be cracking tales and different versions of how despicable a man he is...in the hope that Bidens vote holds, because that is all Biden has going for him, he ain't Trump, as his campaign clearly has nothing to do with Democratic Policies that much is abundantly clear.

One of the reasons I did a 180 on Trump is that despite his obvious and many flaws, despite being a complete political novice, despite an extremely hostile media pack, despite a hostile Establishment element, his record is not that bad...he sure has pissed off a lot of the old slick, well spoken establishment figures who are all at least as despicable as he is!!!!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Biden has lucked out.
    The pre-debate handshake is off . No contact.

I was looking forward to Trump crushing Joes hand, giving him the old Macron treatment, just to kick things off.

All the liberals are in for a shock as they watch near 80 year old Joe wither on stage as the debate, pressure and insults fly.
    Their enthusiasm will deflate just like it did on election night when they saw the results coming in .

4 years the left and Democrats have been waiting for this, 4 years to get rid and go after their public enemy #1 and whats the big bunker buster they roll out... they roll out Joe Biden . Its embarrassing.

I feel like you're gonna be claiming he is on performance enhancing drugs come Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

YouGov with a big win for Biden today. They got the last 2 UK ones right

https://today.yougov.com/2020-presidential-election

• Registered Users Posts: 21,747 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I'd have a neutral opinion on the Tax story, it is believable that Trump is not the business guru genius he makes himself out to be, always had a wiff of a cowboy off him....it is also believable that there is no story here, just a large organisation playing the old tax dance with the Revenue folk...the NYT is not a news source that I would rely on, but that is just me.

We can see, in the complete absence of any kind of Democratic Presidential campaign the goal is to keep Trump in the negative media cycle until election day it doesn't take a genius to figure that much out....some of these will be cracking tales and different versions of how despicable a man he is...in the hope that Bidens vote holds, because that is all Biden has going for him, he ain't Trump, as his campaign clearly has nothing to do with Democratic Policies that much is abundantly clear.

One of the reasons I did a 180 on Trump is that despite his obvious and many flaws, despite being a complete political novice, despite an extremely hostile media pack, despite a hostile Establishment element, his record is not that bad...he sure has pissed off a lot of the old slick, well spoken establishment figures who are all at least as despicable as he is!!!!

200,000 dead from a pandemic he got 3 months notice on.
    Highest unemployment rate in nearly 100 years.
    Played for a fool by Kim Jong-Un.
    Backward steps in environmental issues.
    Played for a fool by Putin.
    Stoked the fire of racial division.
    Played for a fool by Saudi Arabia.

WTF would a bad record be?

Well we can all look forward to seeing Joe Biden put that to the man himself tomorrow...in fact we can all look forward to seeing Joe Biden he doesn't get out much these days!!!

Well we can all look forward to seeing Joe Biden put that to the man himself tomorrow...in fact we can all look forward to seeing Joe Biden he doesn't get out much these days!!!

You're claiming he has a pretty good record so making quips about Biden instead of addressing the post seems more like you don't have a leg to stand on in terms of an argument.

You're claiming he has a pretty good record so making quips about Biden instead of addressing the post seems more like you don't have a leg to stand on in terms of an argument.

Well actually I have articulated why I think he has done a decent job already...I don't see the point to going over it again as it is clear there is a lot of entrenchment when it comes to people's position and it is still few weeks until the election.

For example, you might believe that Trump is responsible for 200,000 deaths I think it is a little more complex than that...but we'd be here all evening ultimately achieving nothing.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

While TRump was enacting a travel ban on China that Democrats condemened as racist, the Democrats held their last Presidential Nominee debate and NEVER ONCE mentioned COVID...

High unemployment rate due to a GLobal pandemic.. I give you that.

According to the IEA Internationel Energy Agency (the GOLD standard ) The US had the LARGEST DROP in CO2 emissions of ANY nation in 2018.
    Only 4 nations recorded drops, the US being one of them.
    The biggest decline came from the United States, where emissions dropped by 0.5%, or 25 Mt, to 4 810 Mt of CO2, marking the third consecutive year of decline.
    So if your really worried about climate change and the Paris accord, why arent you upset at the EU and its member states where emissions went UP, instead of focused on the USA where emissions went DOWN.
    In August TRump Administration lauched a $3B investment in Americas NAtional Parks.
    https://apnews.com/article/b05f9869fc7840fb0eb66a87ec8eeda1

As to North Korea - they had 4 nuclear tests during OBAMAs reign and we had no summits, going from 5 to 25 kiloton.
    Under Trump they had one , but we have had 3-4 summits. Thats progress.

Putin regime has suffered the largest econmic sanctions from ANY US president under TRump.
    TRump has pushed NATO to INCREASE its spending on its eastern front.
    Obama sent blankets to the Ukraine
    TRump sent a JAVELIN Missle defense system.
    TRump is the only world leader asking questions about Putins NORD Stream gas piepline to Germany , if theres any Putin puppet arund its MErkel.

THe DEM's are the ones stoking the racial tensions, spent 4 years doing and are now rioting in the streets.

The middle east , first direct flight Israel to Saudi , an Israel-Bahrain peace deal , recognition of the Jewish state all firsts for any arab nation.
    Saudis want to come in from the cold and dispense some of their secular traditions but have to do it slowly and TRump is facilitating this.

Thats a GREAT RECORD..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,747 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Well actually I have articulated why I think he has done a decent job already...I don't see the point to going over it again as it is clear there is a lot of entrenchment when it comes to people's position and it is still few weeks until the election.

For example, you might believe that Trump is responsible for 200,000 deaths I think it is a little more complex than that...but we'd be here all evening ultimately achieving nothing.

You didn't articulate why he has done a decent job.

Paragraph 1 - Nothing relevant
    Paragraph 2 - Tried to downplay the latest sh*tstorm
    Paragraph 3 - Tried to undermine Biden
    Paragraph 4 - Showed your true motivation is that the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

You, like many others, are motivated much more by your desire to see liberals/democrats lose than it is to see any sort of progress capability in the most powerful role in the world.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement