Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

200,000 dead from a pandemic he got 3 months notice on.

The models predicted millions and had he not acted as swiftly and decisively, they would have been correct.
    Highest unemployment rate in nearly 100 years.

As a result of a worldwide pandemic. Before that he was breaking unemployment records of all manner, which of course you know.
    Played for a fool by Kim Jong-Un.

Yeah, all you lefties said he start WWIII with KJU.
    Backward steps in environmental issues.

Liberals were losing the run of themselves. The roll backs are temporary to see common sense prevail. People were taking advantage and misusing environmental protections.
    Played for a fool by Putin.

Absurd. Trump has always stood up to Putin when he felt it was needed and did the one thing Obama was afraid to do and which Putin despised and that was give lethal weapons to Ukraine to defend themselves against Russia.
    Stoked the fire of racial division.

LMAO. The race baiting left are the ones who have done that. Using George Floyd's death to pit blacks against whites. They never stop. Cries of racism from liberals is so common it's just background noise to sane rational people. Unfortunately though huge sections of society believe the left's lies about Trump being a racist and are largely unaware of what he has done for the black community and many minorities at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,747 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

You, like many others, are motivated much more by your desire to see liberals/democrats lose than it is to see any sort of progress capability in the most powerful role in the world.

Case in point.
    The models predicted millions and had he not acted as swiftly and decisively, they would have been correct.

As a result of a worldwide pandemic. Before that he was breaking unemployment records of all manner, which of course you know.

Yeah, all you lefties said he start WWIII with KJU.

Liberals were losing the run of themselves. The roll backs are temporary to see common sense prevail. People were taking advantage and misusing environmental protection.

Absurd. Trump has always stood up to Putin when he felt it was needed and did the one thing Obama was afraid to do and which Putin despised and that was give lethal weapons to Ukraine to defend themselves against Russia.

LMAO. The race baiting left are the ones who have done that. Using George Floyd's death to pit blacks against whites. They never stop. Cries of racism from liberals is so common it's just background noise to sane rational people. Unfortunately though huge sections of society believe the left's lies about Trump being a racist and are largely unaware of what he has done for the black community and many minorities at that.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Case in point.

this guy is confused..

when you list real and factual accomplishments by the Trump administration , he claims you just want the left liberals to lose.

You need to catchup.

TRump administration is knocking it out of the park in terms of achievements
    and the left and liberals are losing their minds as he does.
    Whats not to like. Its a win win.

So Pete is now classifying it as a win if millions haven't died? Who care if the US is one of the worst hit nations with some of the poorest global handling.

So Pete is now classifying it as a win if millions haven't died? Who care if the US is one of the worst hit nations with some of the poorest global handling.

heres 2 minutes watchin Nancy Pelosi going downtown to Chinatown to tell everyone to go visit.

Whilst TRump is enacting travel bans, Nancy is going for chow mein ...

• Advertisement

RIGOLO wrote: »
    heres 2 minutes watchin Nancy Pelosi going downtown to Chinatown to tell everyone to go visit.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/trumps-false-claims-about-pelosi-and-chinatown/

That was during a period where the president was actively downplaying the virus. So your point is a tad silly tbh.

While TRump was enacting a travel ban on China that Democrats condemened as racist, the Democrats held their last Presidential Nominee debate and NEVER ONCE mentioned COVID...

High unemployment rate due to a GLobal pandemic.. I give you that.

According to the IEA Internationel Energy Agency (the GOLD standard ) The US had the LARGEST DROP in CO2 emissions of ANY nation in 2018.
    Only 4 nations recorded drops, the US being one of them.
    The biggest decline came from the United States, where emissions dropped by 0.5%, or 25 Mt, to 4 810 Mt of CO2, marking the third consecutive year of decline.
    So if your really worried about climate change and the Paris accord, why arent you upset at the EU and its member states where emissions went UP, instead of focused on the USA where emissions went DOWN.
    In August TRump Administration lauched a $3B investment in Americas NAtional Parks.
    https://apnews.com/article/b05f9869fc7840fb0eb66a87ec8eeda1

As to North Korea - they had 4 nuclear tests during OBAMAs reign and we had no summits, going from 5 to 25 kiloton.
    Under Trump they had one , but we have had 3-4 summits. Thats progress.

Putin regime has suffered the largest econmic sanctions from ANY US president under TRump.
    TRump has pushed NATO to INCREASE its spending on its eastern front.
    Obama sent blankets to the Ukraine
    TRump sent a JAVELIN Missle defense system.
    TRump is the only world leader asking questions about Putins NORD Stream gas piepline to Germany , if theres any Putin puppet arund its MErkel.

THe DEM's are the ones stoking the racial tensions, spent 4 years doing and are now rioting in the streets.

The middle east , first direct flight Israel to Saudi , an Israel-Bahrain peace deal , recognition of the Jewish state all firsts for any arab nation.
    Saudis want to come in from the cold and dispense some of their secular traditions but have to do it slowly and TRump is facilitating this.

Thats a GREAT RECORD..

From the BBC
    A new report has found that US carbon dioxide emissions rose by 3.4% in 2018 after three years of decline.

Do you really want to bring up Ukraine and aid to them? The topic for which he was impeached?

In relation to Obama and Ukraine
    Facts First: Trump is being hyperbolic here. While the Obama administration was criticized for its refusal to provide lethal assistance to Ukraine, it did provide more than $100 million in security assistance, as well as a significant amount of defense and military equipment.
    By March 2015, the US had committed more than $120 million in security assistance for Ukraine and had pledged an additional $75 million worth of equipment including UAVs, counter-mortar radars, night vision devices and medical supplies, according to the Pentagon's Defense Security Cooperation Agency.

Does this look like he was tough on Putin?
    Sanctions were finally imposed on members of Russia’s elite and their business entities in April, after 13 Russians were indicted by the U.S. Department of Justice for “malicious cyber-enabled activities” in March.

Also in March, following the poisoning of former KGB agent Sergei Skripal and his daughter in the U.K., the Trump administration expelled 60 Russian diplomats from the U.S., although reports indicated he was not happy with the move.

In early July, Trump seemed to challenge the long-held U.S. policy of refusing to recognize Moscow’s Crimea annexation, saying only in response to questions on the issue: “We’ll see.” He also reportedly argued to officials at June’s G-7 summit that Crimea should belong to Russia because “everyone there speaks Russian.”

As for a peace deal involving Israel. I agree with the view that his actions in that region and the absence of Palestine involvement has emboldened Israel in a way which is not good for the area.
    The collapse of the Palestinian diplomatic initiative at the U.N. came shortly before Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas appeared Tuesday before the Security Council to denounce the Trump plan, which he warned would undermine peace in the region and break up a future Palestinian state into a collection of enclaves that resemble of block of swiss cheese more than a viable new state. This account reveals behind-the-scenes diplomatic wrangling at the U.N. and in Washington and draws on interviews from a dozen diplomats and other officials familiar with the matter.

And finally Saudi Arabia
    In Extraordinary Statement, Trump Stands With Saudis Despite Khashoggi Killing

• Registered Users Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Embarrassed for ya :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Do you really want to bring up Ukraine and aid to them? The topic for which he was impeached?
    sure he wasnt found guilty.
    he sent Javelin defense missile system to them.. why wouldnt I bring them up

wow good research you found an article from the NY Times condeming Trump.. it must be true...

Yep Saudi Arabia, the country Ireland exports 150 million + in beef exports every year
    believe it or not in the big bad world EVERYONE is still dealing with them.
    Hate to break the news to you but geo-politics is an imperfect dirty business.

I take the IEA figures over BBC on carbon emissions.
    So by your own admission Trump administration reduced emission in 2017 and 2018 .. but you claim he went backward ... duh

• Advertisement

Had a good laugh at this.

https://twitter.com/ReelQuinn/status/1310345885365264395

Gotta admire Fox's commitment to a cause.

Had a good laugh at this.

https://twitter.com/ReelQuinn/status/1310345885365264395

Gotta admire Fox's commitment to a cause.

Well at least unlike CNN they wont have to pay 20+million to a pro-TRump student they slandered .. aka Nick Sandman

how are CNN viewing numbers doing .. now those ARE funnny

Well at least unlike CNN they wont have to pay 20+million to a pro-TRump student they slandered .. aka Nick Sandman

Makes you realise which station is really the Main Stream Media doesn't it?

Still want to call it Fake News?

P.S. Are you aware of just some of the payments to account for the unacceptable behaviour of Fox people?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

TRump administration is knocking it out of the park in terms of achievements

:D The delusion is beyond sad.

P.S. Are you aware of just some of the payments to account for the unacceptable behaviour of Fox people?

a typo it wasnt a $20 million dollar settlement to Nick Sandman .. it was part of a $250 million dollar settlement from the bastions of the main stream media fake news, The Washington Post and CNN. With suits against NYTimes and others still to be heard.

hows that for fake news.. $250 MILLION dollars worth of it..

This is too easy debating you, you keep bringing up positions that are defeating your own points.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I'm richer than Trump.

Well most people are in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

News is a misnomer for ALL "news" in the US.

There is not one source of news that is non-partisan and independent.

It is depressing to listen to the bull**** from ALL news sources in the US on mainstream television.

Funny, I do not listen to the news here at all... preferring Al Jazeera/Sky/Even Russia Today, to what passes as news here.

Local News Stations are crap... there are only so many cats being rescued from trees you can watch.

National Broadcasters don't report anything in-depth and seem to be content on Dumbing-Down the America population.

International news rarely makes an appearance, hence American's are by and large, shielded from what international people are saying about America.

You have NO idea how the divide in the States is widening currently. I am shocked and living here.

Liberals bleat to everyone, Conservatives bludgeon you with their points. If you don't care (as I don't) you just agree and then go home and watch Netflix....

The election here is nothing but negativity.

Every evening you watch negative advertising from both sides....
    "X (a politician) is actually a bad person, she wasted tax payers money, then cost jobs... she was even found banging the mailman in his truck".... I'm Y (stick in a name) and I approve this message....

Talk about BS!

a typo it wasnt a $20 million dollar settlement to Nick Sandman .. it was part of a $250 million dollar settlement from the bastions of the main stream media fake news, The Washington Post and CNN. With suits against NYTimes and others still to be heard.

hows that for fake news.. $250 MILLION dollars worth of it..

This is too easy debating you, you keep bringing up positions that are defeating your own points.

So you just changed your story, and think that is how debates work?

Do you realise that Fox News reacted to a law suit earlier this year to say that its accepted their presenters are spinning?
    Fox News Argues Viewers Don't Assume Tucker Carlson Reports Facts

NSAman wrote: »
    News is a misnomer for ALL "news" in the US.

There is not one source of news that is non-partisan and independent.

It is depressing to listen to the bull**** from ALL news sources in the US on mainstream television.

Funny, I do not listen to the news here at all... preferring Al Jazeera/Sky/Even Russia Today, to what passes as news here.

Local News Stations are crap... there are only so many cats being rescued from trees you can watch.

National Broadcasters don't report anything in-depth and seem to be content on Dumbing-Down the America population.

International news rarely makes an appearance, hence American's are by and large, shielded from what international people are saying about America.

You have NO idea how the divide in the States is widening currently. I am shocked and living here.

Liberals bleat to everyone, Conservatives bludgeon you with their points. If you don't care (as I don't) you just agree and then go home and watch Netflix....

The election here is nothing but negativity.

Every evening you watch negative advertising from both sides....
    "X (a politician) is actually a bad person, she wasted tax payers money, then cost jobs... she was even found banging the mailman in his truck".... I'm Y (stick in a name) and I approve this message....

Talk about BS!

I'm living in US also. I already made the point how divided the country is. Diametrically opposed on many serious topics.

I'm living in US also. I already made the point how divided the country is. Diametrically opposed on many serious topics.

Problem is. Who looks at what the Average American needs and wants?

NO ONE!

• Advertisement

Problem is. Who looks at what the Average American needs and wants?

NO ONE!

But who is the average American?

Is it a hardware store devout Christian in Arkansas, or a vegan artist in Seattle?

It is such a big country with so many disparate environments, cultures and needs that there isn't really a one size fits all average is there?

But who is the average American?

Is it a hardware store devout Christian in Arkansas, or a vegan artist in Seattle?

It is such a big country with so many disparate environments, cultures and needs that there isn't really a one size fits all average is there?

Taking a look from an outsiders point of view, it still shocks me that Congress and Senate seemingly do sweet FA.

OK States have more power here and State influence is far more influential for the average Joe.

Admittedly, it is a vast country and many diverse and complex issues with all communities. However, the basics never seem to be discussed. Large corporation/corporation regulations, get far more time than day to day issues for people.

Just looking in the paper here. Our local senator has a column, his massive write up is about allowing "friday night football"......no concern for those who cannot feed their families... no concern for businesses unable to open... no concern for the issues facing thousands locally....while I understand that Friday Night Football for High Schools is a community gathering... for me it just beggars belief. (and to hell with any kids that do not play sports... their funding just got cut completely for languages/The Arts/music)...

Just saying..;)

Large corporation/corporation regulations, get far more time than day to day issues for people.

Just looking in the paper here. Our local senator has a column, his massive write up is about allowing "friday night football"......no concern for those who cannot feed their families... no concern for businesses unable to open... no concern for the issues facing thousands locally....while I understand that Friday Night Football for High Schools is a community gathering... for me it just beggars belief. (and to hell with any kids that do not play sports... their funding just got cut completely for languages/The Arts/music)...

Just saying..;)

But why is it like this? Why has that senator gotten to the point where they feel the best thing for them to do to be seen to appeal to the people in their community is to write such an article.
    Why don't the people from the same community demand focus and attention on the matters you refer to?

AOC gets pilloried for her progressive stances on many topics but she refers to the things you mention very frequently and throughout out Covid ran Instagram Live blogs on accessing supports available for various things impacting people at the personal level. (Physical health, mental health, food, childcare etc)

Why don't we see more of this mindset (across the spectrum) so that one person doing it isn't seen as noteworthy?

Is it a societal issue, or a political one? And how would you change it?

I do think that in Ireland society as a whole focuses and demands action/attention on the pertinent matters more so than seems to happen in the US, by and large.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Sorry, was this a PM you mistakenly posted?

Anyway, yes, I think keeping the numbers as far from what the experts predicted is a good for sure and Dr. Fauci is on record as saying he believes the numbers would be worse but for Trump's actions.

For sure, had Hillary been running things the numbers would have been much worse as she would never have enacted the travel ban so early, as pandering would have been her first instinct, of course.

But why is it like this? Why has that senator gotten to the point where they feel the best thing for them to do to be seen to appeal to the people in their community is to write such an article.
    Why don't the people from the same community demand focus and attention on the matters you refer to?

AOC gets pilloried for her progressive stances on many topics but she refers to the things you mention very frequently and throughout out Covid ran Instagram Live blogs on accessing supports available for various things impacting people at the personal level. (Physical health, mental health, food, childcare etc)

Why don't we see more of this mindset (across the spectrum) so that one person doing it isn't seen as noteworthy?

Is it a societal issue, or a political one? And how would you change it?

I do think that in Ireland society as a whole focuses and demands action/attention on the pertinent matters more so than seems to happen in the US, by and large.

Good question... and the answer is... IMHO.. Americans do not know any better.

You know that...if you tell them about work place protections/holiday entitlements in Europe.. they look at you incredulously.

The vast majority think working to live is the answer to poverty.

Yes hard work can pay dividends here, but you also need smarts and intelligence to actually make it.

As an outsider, you see the best and the worst in a country.

Politically, they need to change. Societally, they need to change. Will this happen? Nope! Money/Business/Power have stripped the worker of any power they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dr. Fauci is on record as saying he believes the numbers would be worse but for Trump's actions.

When? I remember him saying in March that numbers would be worse if it wasn't for the travel ban. Where has he said that it would have been much worse than 200k and what "actions" did he refer to?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Sorry, was this a PM you mistakenly posted?

Anyway, yes, I think keeping the numbers as far from what the experts predicted is a good for sure and Dr. Fauci is on record as saying he believes the numbers would be worse but for Trump's actions.

For sure, had Hillary been running things the numbers would have been much worse as she would never have enacted the travel ban so early, as pandering would have been her first instinct, of course.

I presume you would like to see Trump re-elected?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

And here we go, getting the excuses in early :pac:

Can you give us an example of a "tough" question" that Trump may be asked?

Can you give us an example of a "softball question" that Biden may be asked?
    The topics of the first debate will be the Supreme Court, the coronavirus pandemic, race and violence in cities, election integrity, and the economy. Or will he let Biden get away with not answering the question and just spout nonsense?

Will Wallace call Biden on his prior stances on picking a Supreme Court judge in prior statements, which are contradict what he says today? Or will he let Biden get away with not answering the question and just spout nonsense?

Will Wallace take Biden to task when the coronavirus was in the early stages about what he said he would do was basically what Trump did, or will Wallace let him get away with saying what he would have done back then with the advantage of hindsight? Or will he let Biden get away with not answering the question and just spout nonsense?

Will Wallace call Biden and the democrats out for support of race based violence in the cities? Or will he let Biden get away with not answering the question and just spout nonsense?

Will Wallace call Biden out for the Democrats passing legislation the mandates “ballot harvesting” across all 50 states for mail in voting? Ballot harvesting is the function that has historically been the biggest thing that undermines the integrity of elections. Or will he let Biden get away with not answering the question and just spout nonsense?

Will Wallace take Biden to task in that his proposals will make the vast majority of US citizens poorer? Or will he let Biden get away with not answering the question and just spout nonsense?

(I hear democrats are trying to get Ozzy Osbourne to serve as an interpreter for Joe during the debate. :pac:)

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

notobtuse wrote: »
    The topics of the first debate will be the Supreme Court, the coronavirus pandemic, race and violence in cities, election integrity, and the economy. Or will he let Biden get away with not answering the question and just spout nonsense?

Will Wallace call Biden on his prior stances on picking a Supreme Court judge in prior statements, which are contradict what he says today? Or will he let Biden get away with not answering the question and just spout nonsense?

Will Wallace take Biden to task when the coronavirus was in the early stages about what he said he would do was basically what Trump did, or will Wallace let him get away with saying what he would have done back then with the advantage of hindsight? Or will he let Biden get away with not answering the question and just spout nonsense?

Will Wallace call Biden and the democrats out for support of race based violence in the cities? Or will he let Biden get away with not answering the question and just spout nonsense?

Will Wallace call Biden out for the Democrats passing legislation the mandates “ballot harvesting” across all 50 states for mail in voting? Ballot harvesting is the function that has historically been the biggest thing that undermines the integrity of elections. Or will he let Biden get away with not answering the question and just spout nonsense?

Will Wallace take Biden to task in that his proposals will make the vast majority of US citizens poorer? Or will he let Biden get away with not answering the question and just spout nonsense?

(I hear democrats are trying to get Ozzy Osbourne to serve as an interpreter for Joe during the debate. :pac:)

So you wrote all that waffle yet still couldn't answer the questions I asked....well done you :rolleyes:

To answer your "questions" above.... I don't know, I guess we will find out between 2 - 3.30 AM my time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

notobtuse wrote: »

While he asks him that, he should also ask Trump why McConnell, Graham and Coney Barrett herself have suddenly taken a different stance than they did in 2016. Or will he let Trump get away with not answering the question and just spout nonsense?

I hope he does and Biden can highlight how, under the Obama administration, they left a substantial pandemic handbook which the Trump administration completely scrapped. Will he ask Trump why he knew in February how serious the virus was and lied and downplayed it, causing the loss of thousands of American lives in the process, deciding instead to garble on about ingesting bleach and terminating the US relationship with the WHO? Or will he let Trump get away with not answering the question and just spout nonsense?

I'd love to see any statement from Biden supporting race based violence! That would be a coup! After he asks that, will he ask Trump why he tweeted 'Liberate *insert state here*!' when armed protesters were storming courthouses? Maybe he can ask him about tear gassing peaceful protesters while he stood outside a church holding a bible he's never read for a cringeworthy photo op. Or will he let Trump get away with not answering the question and just spout nonsense?

Or maybe he might just show this clip?

https://twitter.com/LibsInAmerica/status/1261069338427211782

Vast majority? Lol. The vast majority of Americans earn over $400,000 do they?

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-no-biden-tax-hike-for-75k-i/fact-check-joe-biden-has-not-proposed-a-tax-hike-on-families-making-75000-a-year-idUSKCN25F1TN

Don't worry, they'll only pay their fair share, unlike Trump the tax-dodging grifter. I'm really not sure hammering Biden on his tax proposals will play well for Trump given the latest revelations about his own tax dodging shenanigans!

Ooooh, oooh a childish insult! Can I join in?

(I hear Republicans are trying to get an out of shape oompah loompah wearing depends to serve as a stand in for Trump :pac:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement