Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

• Registered Users Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Yes could be a closed gap tommorow evens (well bookie evens: 1.91 ea).

And whom decides the winner of a non-vote event, someones cat, Sky, CNN and so on.

Reckon Joe is a believer in neuroperformance enhancements, every 78yo should be.

But a 74 year old who pronounced his own name wrong, he should be fine :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,740 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Expect polls will reflect Biden won this first debate pretty conclusively.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Toe to toe, blow for blow, not bad for two old guys really going at it. Loads of energy that's for sure, thought Trump was a little quicker with his one lined 'put downs', close call I thought.

• Advertisement

Toe to toe, blow for blow, not bad for two old guys really going at it. Loads of energy that's for sure, thought Trump was a little quicker with his one lined 'put downs', close call I thought.

Nowhere near close.

Biden by a distance. Trump was rattled, looked agitated, suggested wide spread fraud, refused to speak against White Supremacy, talked about bringing back football during the pandemic, fought with the moderator.

Biden broadly calm, measured spoke to the audience in looking at the camera and delivered a Presidential message.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I think Trump just about beat Wallace there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Is your position that the moderator was biased?

What did you think of Trump's non-stop interruptions during his opponent's designated speaking time?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Do you think Trump won the debate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

[PHP][/PHP]

One thing I know from this...no matter who wins...America looses

• Advertisement

Is your position that the moderator was biased?

Of course.

Wallace was a disgrace asking Trump would he condemn white supremacists given the amount of times Trump has done it. It was a 'When did you stop beating your wife? question.

https://twitter.com/abigailmarone/status/1299060410449100801

I think Trump under-performed, but yeah, he still won what was a poor debate by all concerned.

Biden lied about Trump calling dead servicemen losers, and again used his dead son as a vehicle to do so, and even repeated the lie about Trump telling people to inject bleach and of course throwing in the usual suggestion that Trump called white nationalists fine people. Biden constantly looking at the camera with his smarmy politic talk about the people at home with empty chairs was cringe-worthy also and any time he had to go off script, he just sounded annoyed.

Wallace was a disgrace asking Trump would he condemn white supremacists given the amount of times Trump has done it. It was a 'When did you stop beating your wife? question.

If you never beat your wife then that has a simple answer; "I never beat my wife".
    If you want to denounce White Supremacists and are literally given a chance to do it on national TV then if you want to denounce White Supremacists it's really, really simple to do so but he didn't. Of course, it's someone else's fault.

Of course.

Wallace was a disgrace asking Trump would he condemn white supremacists given the amount of times Trump has done it.

Why couldn't he do it tonight?

Something something Green New Deal something something Radical Left something something moderator was a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Of course.

And yet, he didn't condemn them tonight......in fact he endorsed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Biden mentioned Trump calling dead servicemen losers, and again used his dead son as a vehicle to do so, and even repeated the statement that was absolutely made about Trump telling people to inject bleach and of course throwing in the usual verifiable fact that Trump called some of those white nationalists fine people.

Ftfy!

Thought Trump giving a long-winded, rambling answer on forest fires to be the most cringe worthy moment of the night. Oh apart from the stand back and stand by sound bite.

Also the moderator asked Biden straight up about law and order and defunding the police and he gave straight answers back. He didn't say "Yeah I could deny that, wait til you hear me do it, you won't believe it, no-one has done it like I'm going to.".

hynesie08 wrote: »
    And yet, he didn't condemn them tonight......in fact he endorsed them.

Eh, yes he did - but even if he hadn't, is he supposed to just fall for this 'When did you stop beating your wife?' whenever some idiot like Wallace confronts him?

All that crap is about is just so leftists can have a soundbyte or even better, a lack of one, so they can then all run off and repeat the usual Trump's a wacist crap cause he didn't explicitly say what they wanted him to.

Yawn. Nobody's interested in that identity politics crap. I thought liberals would have learned that from 2016 when he response to one of those questions in a debate effectively won him the election. Yet here we are four years later and liberals are yet again frothing at the mouth (just look at Twitter tonight) with the same old crap about Trump being a racist.

Biden even had the gall to spew that bull about dog whistling to racists. The cheek of him considering he was making statements that were effectively endorsing the riots. Scum on the streets intimidating people to take a knee and that idiot did it as people died because of the riots.

There's not an honest bone in Biden's body. He's not genuine. He's a seasoned politician and pandering is his default setting, as we seen tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Eh, yes he did - but even if he hadn't, is he supposed to just fall for this 'When did you stop beating your wife?' whenever some idiot like Wallace confronts him?

All that crap is about is just so leftists can have a soundbyte or even better, a lack of one, so they can then all run off and repeat the usual Trump's a wacist crap cause he didn't explicitly say what they wanted him to.

Yawn. Nobody's interested in that identity politics crap. I thought liberals would have learned that from 2016 when he response to one of those questions in a debate effectively won him the election. Yet here we are four years later and liberals are yet again frothing at the mouth (just look at Twitter tonight) with the same old crap about Trump being a racist.

Biden even had the gall to spew that bull about dog whistling to racists. The cheek of him considering he was making statements that were effectively endorsing the riots. Scum on the streets intimidating people to take a knee and that idiot did it as people died because of the riots.

There's not an honest bone in Biden's body. He's not genuine. He's a seasoned politician and pandering is his default setting, as we seen tonight.

That's a lot of words to say nothing.

Ignore my post above obviously.
    The question was "will you condemn white supremacists?". The equivalent question would be "Do you beat your wife?". It's a simple question with a very simple answer. If you don't beat your wife then it's not a "gotcha" question, it's a football with a mm that hasn't crossed the line just waiting for someone to breathe on it to score a goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I come out of that thinking "whom did Trump say that Biden called "bastards""???!? That was the level of "debate". I enjoyed Biden just calling Trump a "clown", it was an accurate depiction.

That was the drizzling sh*ts.

330,000,000 people and those two are the best they can muster?

Atrocious.

Trump total federal income tax liability of $750.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/29/us/trump-750-taxes.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

The RTE coverage is so biased. They might as well be wearing a "Biden 4 Prez" tshirt!

If you never beat your wife then that has a simple answer; "I never beat my wife".

Yes, but there is an implication in the question, as you well know, and besides, Trump done what you suggest and answered affirming that he has disavowed such people before but it's never enough for the liberals who really have no interest in him condemning white supremacists, they're just after a sound byte they can use to run headlines such as:

Trump-sc1.png

If you want to denounce White Supremacists and are literally given a chance to do it on national TV then if you want to denounce White Supremacists it's really, really simple to do so but he didn't. Of course, it's someone else's fault.

You really need to listen ...

Trump has condemned white supremacists over and over and over again. It's a phony "question" which Wallace has asked him before. The liberal media have no interest in him condemning white supremacists as labeling him a wacist is much too important to them which is why they never repeat the times he has contemned white supremacists before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,886 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Poor Trump, getting harassed by these fox journalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,581 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

The RTE coverage is so biased. They might as well be wearing a "Biden 4 Prez" tshirt!

In fairness, would you blame them!

You really need to listen ...

You really need to realise Trump f*cked himself tonight.

When the pressure comes on, people reveal their true colours, that's exactly what happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,581 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

When the pressure comes on, people reveal their true colours, that's exactly what happened.

Again, to be fair, I think most have always known his true colours

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement