Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,548 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Any evidence he was ever a Republican supporter or shares any of their values?

Trump on the otherhand:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Donald_Trump

But you're right about people being turned off voting after last night.

Republicans prefer to discount anything he said before " lock her up"

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Trump plays a clever game. Biden went to Trumps level with the 'Clown' comment which just seemed wrong and sounded bad. Biden needs to be between 8 and 10 points ahead come election day. I dont see that happening. Trump will rachet up the pressure on Joe and he ll start losing support. Its started already

• Registered Users Posts: 29,581 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

BloodyBill wrote: »
    Trump plays a clever game. Biden went to Trumps level with the 'Clown' comment which just seemed wrong and sounded bad. Biden needs to be between 8 and 10 points ahead come election day. I dont see that happening. Trump will rachet up the pressure on Joe and he ll start losing support. Its started already

where?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,865 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Ficheall wrote: »
    Are there Biden supporters? Is it not more like "Anybody but Trump and this guy seems reasonably harmless"?

Yes, he has his supporters, but for a lot of floating voters it maybe, as you say, simply be the fact he is not Trump that appeals to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Any evidence he was ever a Republican supporter or shares any of their values?

Trump on the otherhand:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Donald_Trump

But you're right about people being turned off voting after last night.

He has never been a Republican supporter but in finance and corporate regulation he was stridently free market, often more than some GOP senators.

On free trade he is closer to Reagan than the modern GOP.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

It wasn't a good performance from Trump, he should not have interrupted Biden so much.The debate was very poor, no questions on foreign policy at all in the entire debate? Probably helped Biden if anything, he supported numerous wars including Iraq and Libya.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Danzy wrote: »
    He has never been a Republican supporter but in finance and corporate regulation he was stridently free market, often more than some GOP senators.

On free trade he is closer to Reagan than the modern GOP.

Tariffs?
    Don't make us laugh. This is as farcical as some of Wiggles' claims about the economy.

Look up the history of NAFTA and Reagan and get back to us. #IMPOTUS is protectionist as they've ever been. Free trade. *derisive snort*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Not a great night for American Politics I would think.

Trump was his own worst enemy as predicted....he didn't turn any voters last night.

Biden had a good night...in the sense that he didn't collapse or make a stumble in any major way, the TDS crowd will be happy with that.

But my god how bad are things in the Democratic Party that this guy is the candidate....it's no wonder no one turns up for his limited public appearances.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Igotadose wrote: »
    Tariffs?
    Don't make us laugh. This is as farcical as some of Wiggles' claims about the economy.

Look up the history of NAFTA and Reagan and get back to us. #IMPOTUS is protectionist as they've ever been. Free trade. *derisive snort*

I'm talking about Biden you Goose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Best plan of action might well to dig out a contact number for Yang and tell 'em all is forgiven,
    if one wanted to progress in a more logical and orderly manner with another 4yrs.

• Advertisement

Not a great night for American Politics I would think.

Trump was his own worst enemy as predicted....he didn't turn any voters last night.

Biden had a good night...in the sense that he didn't collapse or make a stumble in any major way, the TDS crowd will be happy with that.

But my god how bad are things in the Democratic Party that this guy is the candidate....it's no wonder no one turns up for his limited public appearances.

They don't turn up because they believe in science and the dangers of Covid unlike the irresponsible conspiracy nuts at the Trump rallies

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

hirondelle wrote: »
    Weird, isn't it? Obvious cognitive decline, drugs and a concealed earpiece were ENORMOUS issues and would be a campaign-ending scandal for Biden.

And instead, today's hot talking points:
    • He outrageously used the word "clown" against the POTUS a man (who routinely insults people while he is POTUS).
    • Biden turned and faced the camera to make an emotional plea to the voters which was cheating, apparently. (The sincerity of the moment is open to question in my opinion, but that is another matter).
    • Wallace tricked Trump in to telling the Proud Boys to ease off the trigger finger.
    Have I missed anything?

You also wouldn't believe how sensitive Trump voters are to their leader being told to "shut up" and to "stop yapping".

• Registered Users Posts: 33,503 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    where?

The whole thing.

Trump isn't stupid in one resepct: he knows he can't debate politics and policy. But he can trade insults and entertain, so his best policy is to turn it into a ****show and hope Biden gets dragged down.

Didn't really work as well as he intended, though but there are two more debates.

Anyone who thought this would be enlightning or insighteful with regard to politics or who to vote for is delusional, and the same goes for the next two debates.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    You also wouldn't believe how sensitive Trump voters are to their leader being told to "shut up" and to "stop yapping".

Bunch of snowflakes the lot of em

breezy1985 wrote: »
    They don't turn up because they believe in science and the dangers of Covid unlike the irresponsible conspiracy nuts at the Trump rallies

What do you think of the BLM protests/rioters that started back in May?

Did they believe in science...where was the outrage for those conspiracy nuts?

It doesn't take a genius to understand what is happening....the dangers of covid on people depends on what you are protesting or gathering for, where is the science behind that?

What do you think of the BLM protests/rioters that started back in May?

Did they believe in science...where was the outrage for those conspiracy nuts?

It doesn't take a genius to understand what is happening....the dangers of covid on people depends on what you are protesting or gathering for, where is the science behind that?

I'm always anti riot. I am fine with a protest if it is done with social distancing in mind. You need to be out on the streets to protest but you don't need to go to rally to hear Trump as you can watch him on TV or online so they are not the same

I'm always anti riot. I am fine with a protest if it is done with social distancing in mind. You need to be out on the streets to protest but you don't need to go to rally to hear Trump as you can watch him on TV or online so they are not the same

So there is no science to back what you were asserting?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,598 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Republicans prefer to discount anything he said before " lock her up"

I refer to it as "old testament Trump "

So there is no science to back what you were asserting?

Trump tries to play down covid and encourages supporters to mix despite warnings about Covid Biden does not.

And before you jump in a BLM protest is not affiliated with or has been organised by Biden so is not an endorsement of his position on Covid. Trump and his rallies on the other hand are

I refer to it as "old testament Trump "

Thou shall grab em by the kittycat. They love it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

I don't feel hate for anyone, but if I did, Chump would be high on my list. Biden is a liar and a cheat, not much better IMO.

Trump tries to play down covid and encourages supporters to mix despite warnings about Covid Biden does not.

And before you jump in a BLM protest is not affiliated with or has been organised by Biden so is not an endorsement of his position on Covid. Trump and his rallies on the other hand are

So again...you have no science to back up your assertion?

You brought science into this, not me, now back up your claim please?

And as you are also aware, numerous posters here who are based in the US have noticed the lack of any visible support for the Harris administration, what is stopping them buying flags and bumper stickers...science? (and it is huge part of Presidential Elections traditionally)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Does Biden ever tell the truth? Would appear not.

https://twitter.com/townhallcom/status/1311132450697945088

https://twitter.com/guypbenson/status/1311133364955615232

No doubt there'll be nothing but 'But Trump' replies.

His Antifa comments are not going down well with moderates either.

While Trump under performed, it was really Biden that done more damage to his own chances.

So again...you have no science to back up your assertion?

You brought science into this, not me, now back up your claim please?

And as you are also aware, numerous posters here who are based in the US have noticed the lack of any visible support for the Harris administration, what is stopping them buying flags and bumper stickers...science? (and it is huge part of Presidential Elections traditionally)

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/19/914233038/poll-climate-becomes-top-priority-for-democrats-trump-struggles-on-race-covid-19?t=1601476047710

Jump about half way down to the section about public health experts. Republicans are far less likely to believe the science behind Covid and vaccination also climate change seeing as we are on the subject of science.

What's the Harris administration?
    Maybe they are not buying as many bumper stickers because people are not driving round as much due to working from home or are donating online instead

Does Biden ever tell the truth? Would appear not.

https://twitter.com/townhallcom/status/1311132450697945088

https://twitter.com/guypbenson/status/1311133364955615232

No doubt there'll be nothing but 'But Trump' replies.

His Antifa comments are not going down well with moderates either.

While Trump under performed, it was really Biden that done more damage to his own chances.

Moderates don't believe in Antifa. It's a far right conspiracy theory

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

It's mad the hardening of committed Trumpists loyalties after Donnie's poor performance last night. Biden was exactly as expected and Trump (I don't prepare for anything, the world is against me, squirrel!) still couldn't take down Biden, the man he and his supporters portrayed as sleepy. Biden maybe just about adequate but what in the world does it say about Donnie when he couldn't deal with him?

"I am in blood Stepp'd in so far that, should I wade no more, Returning were as tedious as go o'er."

That's not even getting into the self inflicted wounds Donnie managed to do to himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Moderates don't believe in Antifa. It's a far right conspiracy theory

Not sure that is true....

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/19/914233038/poll-climate-becomes-top-priority-for-democrats-trump-struggles-on-race-covid-19?t=1601476047710

Jump about half way down to the section about public health experts. Republicans are far less likely to believe the science behind Covid and vaccination also climate change seeing as we are on the subject of science.

What's the Harris administration?
    Maybe they are not buying as many bumper stickers because people are not driving round as much due to working from home or are donating online instead

Sorry...that is just a poll.

Can you point us to the science that you claim supporters of Trump are ignoring because they do not believe in science...as you have claimed.

Republicans are less likely to comply with Government officials does not mean they do not believe in science....if government officials endorse protesting for one group of people and not endorse another then I'd be inclined to ignore the Government officials myself....

Sorry...that is just a poll.

Can you point us to the science that you claim supporters of Trump are ignoring because they do not believe in science...as you have claimed.

Republicans are less likely to comply with Government officials does not mean they do not believe in science....if government officials endorse protesting for one group of people and not endorse another then I'd be inclined to ignore the Government officials myself....

Polling is a science and the only kind we have that could "point us to the science that you claim supporters of Trump are ignoring because they do not believe in science"

I don't know what else you want are you asking me to find a formula for a chemical compound that can read minds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Is your position that the moderator was biased?

What did you think of Trump's non-stop interruptions during his opponent's designated speaking time?
    Of course Chris Wallace was biased against Trump. I called that one. Wallace interrupted Trump something like 35 times. He didn’t interrupt Biden once. Also, Wallace kept pushing left-wing talking points to help Biden out and hurt Trump.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement