Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Biden has lucked out.
    The pre-debate handshake is off . No contact.

I was looking forward to Trump crushing Joes hand, giving him the old Macron treatment, just to kick things off.

All the liberals are in for a shock as they watch near 80 year old Joe wither on stage as the debate, pressure and insults fly.
    Their enthusiasm will deflate just like it did on election night when they saw the results coming in .

4 years the left and Democrats have been waiting for this, 4 years to get rid and go after their public enemy #1 and whats the big bunker buster they roll out... they roll out Joe Biden . Its embarrassing.

Joe Biden's campaign raised $3.8 MILLION in 'best online fundraising hour of all time' at conclusion of first presidential debate Tuesday night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Says the one who kept repeating the "obvious cognitive decline" LIE on here.

I thought Biden is a remarkable man for his age, last night would take a lot out of anyone...but can we stop accusing people of lying, or in some cases, being scummy, because of concerns over his age and ability to run for office.

He has taken an awful lot of time off this month alone, which is depriving the American people the chance to see him face the media and tough questions, he doesn't do rallies...clearly, there is a reason why he is taking so much time off, it is reasonable to ask why!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Chris Wallace is a liberal now??!!

Shark well and truly jumped
    Don't know if he's a liberal but he is a registered Democrat.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I thought Biden is a remarkable man for his age, last night would take a lot out of anyone...but can we stop accusing people of lying, or in some cases, being scummy, because of concerns over his age and ability to run for office.

He has taken an awful lot of time off this month alone, which is depriving the American people the chance to see him face the media and tough questions, he doesn't do rallies...clearly, there is a reason why he is taking so much time off, it is reasonable to ask why!

If someone was doing my job for me I would take a day off too.

Trump has spent how many day golfing? Clearly there is a reason why he is taking so much time off, it is reasonable to ask why!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,736 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

notobtuse wrote: »
    Why do people keep repeating that LIE?

Because Trump himself in the debate last night acknowledged that he said it, but claimed it was sarcasm.

He did say it.
    We've all seen the tape.
    It wasn't sarcasm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,650 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I just did a search of Boards for "Cognitive decline".

104 hits in total, of which 13 were more than a year old, and 91 were in the previous 10 months. Of those 91, 84 were in CA or politics.

Some instances, obviously, are posters using the term to disagree with it, but regardless, the Trump online zealots did well.

Trump has spent how many day golfing? Clearly there is a reason why he is taking so much time off, it is reasonable to ask why!

Absolutely it is ok to ask why, cause if he isn't golfing he'll find something else to do...

I'd imagine his administration prefer him on the golf course.....

You don't seem to understand, every one knows how inarticulate Trump is, he's never been any different.

Biden however, is physically a spent force if he can't even participate in his own election in a meaningful way...as I said before, when his campaign team don't care about the optics it must be really bad!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,176 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Well he has been golfing 293 times since becoming president. Costing tens of millions of dollars to American tax payers.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

Trump has no idea who the fcuking Proud Boys are for heaven sake and was just repeating what Wallace was saying as Biden and Wallace were barking at him.

I would find it hard to believe that the president of the United States doesn't know who the Proud Boys are - Biden seems well versed, as do all of us here. If he doesn't, then it doesn't say much about his knowledge about 'patriotic' groups in his own country. Even worse is the idea that Trump will just repeat the name of a group that has been thrown at him. Why would he 'denounce' a group if he didn't know who they were?

clearly, there is a reason why he is taking so much time off, it is reasonable to ask why!

I haven't read any comparisons of time off spent between the two candidates, but I imagine that Biden's team are looking at the polls for the swing states and realise that he doesn't have to make all these appearances. Yes, that might back-fire, but going on TV, visiting a manufacturing plant, whatever other activities make up normal canvassing for the presidency don't actually make a difference, it's not like they're doing anything more than posing for a photo opportunity or throwing out some trite one-liners.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Because Trump himself in the debate last night acknowledged that he said it, but claimed it was sarcasm.

He did say it.
    We've all seen the tape.
    It wasn't sarcasm.
    Read your quote. Yes it is a lie.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

I would find it hard to believe that the president of the United States doesn't know who the Proud Boys are - Biden seems well versed, as do all of us here. If he doesn't, then it doesn't say much about his knowledge about 'patriotic' groups in his own country. Even worse is the idea that Trump will just repeat the name of a group that has been thrown at him. Why would he 'denounce' a group if he didn't know who they were?

I haven't read any comparisons of time off spent between the two candidates, but I imagine that Biden's team are looking at the polls for the swing states and realise that he doesn't have to make all these appearances. Yes, that might back-fire, but going on TV, visiting a manufacturing plant, whatever other activities make up normal canvassing for the presidency don't actually make a difference, it's not like they're doing anything more than posing for a photo opportunity or throwing out some trite one-liners.

Well...that would make them the first campaign team to ever think that...they must be miles ahead in the polls...which doesn't explain why there is no support for him when he does turn up in the Swing States.

He has taken 10 days off this month, we can pretend that this is all normal, but it's not, it is extremely unusual, and if you think this has something to do with Covid then why doesn't Kamala do press conferences in Biden's absence?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

notobtuse wrote: »
    I'm not complaining, Trump won the debate. And it isn't too much to ask for unbiased moderators, is it? Like I already said Wallace interrupted Trump something like 35 times and seemingly not Biden once. Also, Wallace kept pushing left-wing talking points to help Biden out and hurt Trump.

Like I already said, Wallace interrupted Trump because Trump was breaking the debate rules that his own campaign agreed to. In any activity if you break the rules it is the moderator's job to step in.

Wallace pushed left wing talking points to Trump and right wing talking points to Biden. You might not be familiar with it but it is how debates work. Trump just completely fumbled dealing with questions put to him and Biden didn't.

I'm laughing about you claiming Wallace is biased against Trump when he called one of the sections "Race and Violence in our Cities" - which is something right out of a title you'd expect for a segment on Hannity or Tucker than a presidential debate.

Well...that would make them the first campaign team to ever think that...they must be miles ahead in the polls...which doesn't explain why there is no support for him when he does turn up in the Swing States.

He has taken 10 days off this month, we can pretend that this is all normal, but it's not, it is extremely unusual, and if you think this has something to do with Covid then why doesn't Kamala do press conferences in Biden's absence?

I think most Americans (and people all over the world) will be much happier when the US president isn't spending all his time seeking attention for his broken ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

This "cognitive decline" seems to be largely because Biden has a speech impediment, a typical scummy move from Trump and his team. Anyone who bought that sh*t and spread it, as many on Boards did, should be ashamed of themselves.
    I didn't misquote you. I quoted you precisely.

You said that the cognitive decline stuff "all seems to be because Biden has a speech impediment, a typical scummy move from Trump and his team" and that's absurd. His speech impediment has nothing to do with it. It's all the insane crap he has said. Forgetting what he was talking about etc. It's just a leftist talking point to say it's all as a result of his speech impediment.

I said "largely" and I have no idea how that's a leftist statement. Its my opinion and genuinely believe it. Of course it has something to do with it. To say its not is just a rightist talking point to say it's as a result...blah blah blah.
    I thought Biden is a remarkable man for his age, last night would take a lot out of anyone...but can we stop accusing people of lying, or in some cases, being scummy,

That was just me to be fair. I stand by it though.
    because of concerns over his age and ability to run for office.

I don't see much concern, I see a lot of unwarranted mocking because of his age. Trump is only 3 years younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,736 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Going to be interesting to see what they do here.

It could negate the next debate as the talk after it will be about how the system worked rather than what the candidates said.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1311356620740456448

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

MadYaker wrote: »
    How do you know this?
    Are you unaware of his psychic powers? He's been at this for years. Whenever Trump says something that sounds stupid to most reasonable people, you should wait for a Trump-listener to come along to explain what he really meant which by some magical coincidence is never stupid. Shame on your closed mindedness for believing what you saw and heard with your own eyes and ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Going to be interesting to see what they do here.

It could negate the next debate as the talk after it will be about how the system worked rather than what the candidates said.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1311356620740456448

Let's hope it's a mute button.

Preferably one with an electrode attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

So Pete, why hasn't Trump backtracked on his statement?
    gmisk wrote: »
    Trump has no idea who the proud boys are...but he told them to and I quote "stand back and stand by" why? If he has no idea who they are would he say that?

Because he was being asked to and he was trying to make a point, which was that he was willing to condemn any white supremacists that Wallace named.

Ben Shapiro sums it up nicely here:

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1311335415467524096
    Tr77.png
    Wallace is on fox...if he was biased it wasn't towards Biden, he exerted very little control on trump and his constant interruptions

So what if he is on Fox. There are liberals on Fox you know. They are not all of the same political mindset. That's the domain of CNN/MSNBC to have hosts that all agree with one another.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

pjohnson wrote: »
    He never has so why would he now?

Edit:
    I thought this was about Donnie until I saw the username.

Christ trying to accuse someone ELSE of going of topic. Amazing.

This is like that time they pushed Trump as more fit and mentally able.

Or when Trump seriously sarcastically wanted doctors to investigate bleach injections.

Or when Trump downplayed the upplayed threats.

Or when someone illegally obtained made up information.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

Someone needs to tell Trump on national TV to "Shut TF Up you braindead windbag"

That would certainly gain many votes..;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

lol :P

Yeah, has nothing at all to do with his many gaffes I suppose.

Jesus yes of course he has gaffes. It's a two man race unfortunately. There's a choice between a man who makes gaffes and another who does mocks disabled people to his supporters, who thinks windmills give you cancer, that injected disinfectant is good for covid and who has been referred to as stupid by military and civilian advisors.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

I doubt it's the first campaign team to ever think that, but these are unprecedented times, and I imagine they've made some kind of calculated assessment of where Biden's strengths lie and where Trump's weaknesses are, and it seems like this is part of their strategy. Probably compounded by Biden's stance as somebody who is taking the pandemic seriously, so he can't then turn around and organise mass rallies. This might also explain the 'lack of support' for Biden in these swing states (although I'm not sure how this would be gauged other than in opinion polls, which would suggest the opposite).

I'm not sure whether 10 days is more or less than other presidential candidates (I have no idea where to get this information) but would five days over the same period spent playing golf for an incumbent lagging in the polls, with the extra burden of actual presidential duties be something that you would call ... worrying? I'm guessing not, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

So if I post video of Trump making "gaffes" does that mean he has a mental condition?

Nope. Just because I am pointing something out, doesn't mean I agree with it but seeing as you're bringing it up, there was a ton of comments about Trump's mental health as a result of gaffes over the last four years and I never seen the users who are upset about Biden being spoken about in this way, give two craps when Trump was subject to it.
    I said "largely" and I have no idea how that's a leftist statement. Its my opinion and genuinely believe it. Of course it has something to do with it. To say its not is just a rightist talking point to say it's as a result...blah blah blah.

It's not largely to do with him having a speech impediment either. The vast vast majority of times that I have seen people say something is indicative of biden being in mental decline it's been as a result of him saying something crazy like that millions have died in the USA from Covid etc or being very very forgetful. It has never been because of his impediment.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Biden however, is physically a spent force if he can't even participate in his own election in a meaningful way...as I said before, when his campaign team don't care about the optics it must be really bad!!!

Biden is doing a tour across Western Pennsylvania and Ohio all day today. Trump is in the White House tweeting. His first engagement of the day is about 11.30pm which is 6.30pm in the US.

Nope. Just because I am pointing something out, doesn't mean I agree with it but seeing as you're bringing it up, there was a ton of comments about Trump's mental health as a result of gaffes over the last four years and I never seen the users who are upset about Biden being spoken about in this way, give two craps when Trump was subject to it.

It's not largely to do with him having a speech impediment either. The vast vast majority of times that I have seen people say something is indicative of biden being in mental decline it's been as a result of him saying something crazy like that millions have died in the USA from Covid etc or being very very forgetful. It has never been because of his impediment.

Just on your whining about the mod interrupted Trump, whats your thoughts on these numbers? Should Trump be allowed to get away with this carry on?

https://twitter.com/KaivanShroff/status/1311268335242412034?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Because he was being asked to and he was trying to make a point, which was that he was willing to condemn any white supremacists that Wallace named.

Ben Shapiro sums it up nicely here:

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1311335415467524096

So what if he is on Fox. There are liberals on Fox you know. They are not all of the same political mindset. That's the domain of CNN/MSNBC to have hosts that all agree with one another.

Are we reading the same transcript? He didn't do it, only said he was prepared to do it.

But saying the army took over the airports during the civil war is fine right? :rolleyes:

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Biden is doing a tour across Western Pennsylvania and Ohio all day today. Trump is in the White House tweeting. His first engagement of the day is about 11.30pm which is 6.30pm in the US.

What is the point of a whistle stop tour if only a handful of supporters turn up? For local tv? He is getting ratioed on his own Youtube channel.

He may as well stay at home.

His wife is impressive enough though.

Trump is in Minnesota tonight in front of a massive crowd as usual no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

What is the point of a whistle stop tour if only a handful of supporters turn up? For local tv? He is getting ratioed on his own Youtube channel.

He may as well stay at home.

His wife is impressive enough though.

Trump is in Minnesota tonight in front of a massive crowd as usual no doubt

Because we are in the middle of a highly contagious pandemic, and having crowds is highly stupid and very irresponsible.

• Advertisement

Not that you care but I expect what you deem as being 'very very forgetful' is likely related to speech impediment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement