Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,990 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Trump is closer to what he was with Clinton. Things are going south for the Democrats in the Normal People Demographic.

The debates will be rigged. There is absolutely no way the Democrats are letting him go in their without aids. They got the questions leaked to them in the last debates. They'll probably have the audience infiltrated to clap everything Biden says (like you see in the UK and Irish debates).

The US do debates very very well. There is a proper structure and audience interaction is rare. I do find it difficult to see how Trump can get a fair ride at a University Campus though.

Still, all he needs is that knockout blow. He did it the last time with the "You'd be in jail" comment. He'll find something this time.

this post is absolute comedy gold, thanks for contributing. Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Trump is closer to what he was with Clinton. Things are going south for the Democrats in the Normal People Demographic.

The debates will be rigged. There is absolutely no way the Democrats are letting him go in their without aids. They got the questions leaked to them in the last debates. They'll probably have the audience infiltrated to clap everything Biden says (like you see in the UK and Irish debates).

The US do debates very very well. There is a proper structure and audience interaction is rare. I do find it difficult to see how Trump can get a fair ride at a University Campus though.

Still, all he needs is that knockout blow. He did it the last time with the "You'd be in jail" comment. He'll find something this time.

They’ll be no audience though.
    What aids are you On about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

For you groping a child is a lesser evil that groping a fully grown woman?
    I now have the measure of you.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and suggest you are either deliberately misinterpreting what is said to you or trolling.

If it's not the case then, well.. good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

The debates will be rigged. There is absolutely no way the Democrats are letting him go in there without aides. They got the questions leaked to them in the last debates. They'll probably have the audience infiltrated to clap everything Biden says (like you see in the UK and Irish debates).

I think copying the debates format is one of the worst things we have done over here. Terrible over there, worse here.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Biden is weak , poor choice, trump will eat him alive with untruths

Biden is dreadful, but trump is even worse, he's making a mess of it himself, I don't think he ll succeed, and he ll be difficult to move on after the fact

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭CertifiedSimp

There's been several threads on boards now when mods have told people to stop saying Joe has dementia. Why?

"you can't back it up" isn't a good reason when half the posts on here can't be backed up. If I say we're going to have a second lockdown, I can't back that up. Am I barred from saying it?

And what constitutes backing up? If one doctor says it, is that good enough??

"you can't back it up" isn't a good reason when half the posts on here can't be backed up. If I say we're going to have a second lockdown, I can't back that up. Am I barred from saying it?

The reality is, nobody truly knows the health status of both men, including myself, even though I make assumptions myself on such things, with very little back up, if even any at all. with the age of both men, the likelihood of illness is high, but the fact both men have lived extremely stressful lives, and campaigns are growling, that's a very long time under extremely stressful conditions, I think both men are showing signs of extreme stress and fatigue, you couldn't pay me to do it

Anyone know when the debates are on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

But yet deaths per million is better than Spain's, Italy's, Sweden's, UK's, Brazils's etc..

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/

But yeah Orange man bad.

He doesn't get a pass because the US are 9th and not 1st in the list of countries in deaths per million (and if you looked at the stats for the last 3 months alone, they're much closer to 1st). There's also differences where countries consider a death has been due to Coronavirus.

Anyone know when the debates are on?

First one is Sept 29th

• Advertisement

Appeared in my Facebook feed this morning from an American friend......

trump.jpg

Laois_Man wrote:
    Appeared in my Facebook feed this morning from an American friend......

Spot on, and this was obvious from the very beginning, it's disturbing how many people have been conned by this guy, including irish folks, you can see how easily it is to 'elect' such folks, tis scary stuff

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Spot on, and this was obvious from the very beginning, it's disturbing how many people have been conned by this guy, including irish folks, you can see how easily it is to 'elect' such folks, tis scary stuff

Yeah the yanks should just vote in Sleepy. He'd never get to a stage where a group like BLM was founded. Oh wait no, he was literally VP for 5 years when BLM was started.

People like you just listen to words, not actions. Remember Obama came here, shouted Yes We Can and then everyone here rubbed themselves dry.

Trump is the only pres who actually stands up to China. Lots of Americans delighted they get more money with tax cuts and they're not bending over for China. An Israel flight just landed in UAE for the first time. Illegals stopped from entering the south border. Troops pulled out of Afghanistan.

Remember when WW3 was supposed to happen because of Trump. Never happened!

Wanderer78 wrote:

People like you just listen to words, not actions. Remember Obama came here, shouted Yes We Can and then everyone here rubbed themselves dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Laois_Man wrote: »
    He doesn't get a pass because the US are 9th and not 1st in the list of countries in deaths per million (and if you looked at the stats for the last 3 months alone, they're much closer to 1st). There's also differences where countries consider a death has been due to Coronavirus.

Where did i say he should get a pass. The guy is a disaster but i'm pointing out the way people drone on about Trump and how he's handled the virus yet i can guarantee you 90% of those same people wouldn't even know who the leader of Sweden, Spain, Italy etc.. are because of the orange man bad mantra

Where did i say he should get a pass. The guy is a disaster but i'm pointing out the way people drone on about Trump and how he's handled the virus yet i can guarantee you 90% of those same people wouldn't even know who the leader of Sweden, Spain, Italy etc.. are because of the orange man bad mantra

Should we really know the names of these so called leaders, it tends to encourage narcissistic behaviour and promotes such people into these positions

People like you just listen to words, not actions.

I don't know if people even listen to words anymore tbh..and context and reality is just out the window..

Or because it's the United States! I dare say they wouldnt have known who the leaders of Sweden, Spain, Italy etc. were when the US president was Obama, Bush's I and II, Clinton, Reagan etc etc either

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

He'll win for the same reason he won the last time. He's up against an absolutely appalling candidate.

The Democrats only policy seems to be "vote for our guy, he's not Trump". If they actually selected someone based on ability they'd walk it. As a party, they're genuinely abysmal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

They are talking about Trump's handling of the Coronavirus in a thread dedicated to Trump... if you want people to talk specifically about Pedro Sánchez, Stefan Löfven or Giuseppe Conte and their poor handling of the virus, why not create threads about them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

keano_afc wrote: »
    He'll win for the same reason he won the last time. He's up against an absolutely appalling candidate.

The Democrats only policy seems to be "vote for our guy, he's not Trump". If they actually selected someone based on ability they'd walk it. As a party, they're genuinely abysmal.

That's my point from day one. The Democrats had plenty of good options but they've made a complete balls of it now by appointing Biden. For one they needed to make a complete and utter break from the Obama era and after failing to learn the lesson last time out like Clinton they've only gone and done it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,848 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think he quite possibly will. Not through being the better candidate, but through voter supression and the electoral college. Plus Biden is a fairly awful candidate in his own right and I think some of the other nominees might have had a better shot.

I seriously hope Trump doesn't win as he's a downright piece of sh*t, but winning this election won't be as big a shock as his win in 2016. This time he has an awful lot of control over too many areas which can help swing the election his way.

He won't win the popular vote (in fact I imagine he'll lose it by more than he did against Hilary), but he could still win the election again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Absolutely.
    The best the dems could offer against this old white man was an older white man whose best claim to office is hey I'm not the other white man.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Throw in the shenanigans with clearing the field ahead of Super Tuesday and keeping in Warren. Could imagine a few Bernie supporters staying home or going third party.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

+1
    This is the crux of it.

To this day I can't understand why they didnt run on a ticket of Sanders to energize the youth.

Penn wrote: »
    I think he quite possibly will. Not through being the better candidate, but through voter supression and the electoral college. Plus Biden is a fairly awful candidate in his own right and I think some of the other nominees might have had a better shot.

I seriously hope Trump doesn't win as he's a downright piece of sh*t, but winning this election won't be as big a shock as his win in 2016. This time he has an awful lot of control over too many areas which can help swing the election his way.

He won't win the popular vote (in fact I imagine he'll lose it by more than he did against Hilary), but he could still win the election again.

Just a point, you can't act as if the electoral college is something that favours one candidate.

Election strategies are based on the electoral college.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

ELM327 wrote: »
    Absolutely.
    The best the dems could offer against this old white man was an older white man whose best claim to office is hey I'm not the other white man.

And if they picked someone that was a minority or a woman there would have been an outcry about their obsession with identity politics...

ELM327 wrote:
    Absolutely. The best the dems could offer against this old white man was an older white man whose best claim to office is hey I'm not the other white man.

Its dreadful to watch, what a calamity

• Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

And if they picked someone that was a minority or a woman there would have been an outcry about their obsession with identity politics...

The VP slot selection can help .

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    +1
    This is the crux of it.

To this day I can't understand why they didnt run on a ticket of Sanders to energize the youth.

Sanders hype is overblown.

The youth didn't go out and vote enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement