Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

• Registered Users Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

We have to rely on polls and the media to inform us of how the race is shaping up, I'd be a bit nervous about that if I were a Democrat.

Actually, nervousness is dropping. Steve Schmidt sums it up well here:

Steve Schmidt does a pretty good job summarizing the current polling. Biden has a historic lead, and the media are afraid to talk in depth about the polls at the risk of getting it wrong in 2016. "Joe Biden has the biggest lead of any candidate in the modern era. It's the biggest, the broadest, the most durable of any Presidential candidate, and that lead is going to get bigger after this debate."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/9/30/1981965/-Steve-Schmidt-masterful-takedown-of-Trump-s-entire-debate-performance

About 2 minutes in to skip the debate summary. Schmidt leads the Lincoln Project so he's not a fan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Igotadose wrote: »
    Actually, nervousness is dropping. Steve Schmidt sums it up well here:

Steve Schmidt does a pretty good job summarizing the current polling. Biden has a historic lead, and the media are afraid to talk in depth about the polls at the risk of getting it wrong in 2016. "Joe Biden has the biggest lead of any candidate in the modern era. It's the biggest, the broadest, the most durable of any Presidential candidate, and that lead is going to get bigger after this debate."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/9/30/1981965/-Steve-Schmidt-masterful-takedown-of-Trump-s-entire-debate-performance

About 2 minutes in to skip the debate summary. Schmidt leads the Lincoln Project so he's not a fan

Do you think a man who describes Trump performance in this fashion...

What this was tonight was a disgrace," Steve continued. "It was a national humiliation. You saw a president who was unhinged, lying, sweaty, disheveled, angry, petulant, and most important of all, completely incapable of making any type of argument about why he should have four more years. He appeared to be crazy most of the debate.

Can be objective? He also said Trump threatened violence on America if he loses the election.

No wonder you feel confident if this is the standard content you are consuming.

Do you think a man who describes Trump performance in this fashion...

What this was tonight was a disgrace," Steve continued. "It was a national humiliation. You saw a president who was unhinged, lying, sweaty, disheveled, angry, petulant, and most important of all, completely incapable of making any type of argument about why he should have four more years. He appeared to be crazy most of the debate.

Can be objective? He also said Trump threatened violence on America if he loses the election.

No wonder you feel confident if this is the standard content you are consuming.
    What I'm looking for is confirmation of the 'historic lead' numbers, which I haven't found yet. If that's true, I definitely feel more confident, yes.

Fivethirtyeight has another interesting article today that seems to confirm the 'historic numbers' quote by Schmidt:

"President Trump’s quest to win a second term is not in good shape. He entered Tuesday night’s debate with roughly a 7- or 8-point deficit in national polls, putting him further behind at this stage of the race than any other candidate since Bob Dole in 1996"

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trumps-chances-are-dwindling-that-could-make-him-dangerous/

And Bob Dole was a good guy, boring, running against a very popular President. A war hero, even.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Roger the cabin boy

I hope Trump wins by one vote.
    Not that i like him or his politics, but the utter war on him by the left is something i have never seen before. Its beyond parody and is actually quite worrying for the future of politics and reasonable debate.

It is deeply disturbing. The left should just proclaim him as the next coming of Satan and be done with it.

Crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,659 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I hope Trump wins by one vote.
    Not that i like him or his politics, but the utter war on him by the left is something i have never seen before. Its beyond parody and is actually quite worrying for the future of politics and reasonable debate.

It is deeply disturbing. The left should just proclaim him as the next coming of Satan and be done with it.

Crazy.

"the left" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Had the chance to watch the whole debate last night; well talk about the emperor having no clothes! Trump was an embarrassment to the dignity of the office constantly interrupting with childish generalised jibes and no specifics whatsoever. It also put paid the the undignified myth re Biden's capacity for debate and retention of detail, he was really on the ball. Wallace couldn't keep the President in line and it particularly unedifying that he had to constantly interrupt Trump who didn't seem to understand the rules and acted like a big baby. It was clear that he was in rally mode but that doesn't work in a debate as Trump didn't seem to understand. If the change in the polls are anything to go by it's time for damage limitation mode in the next debates as those on the fence were clearly disgusted by his carry on. What a disgrace he was.
    I see the latest excuse/whine is that Fox's Chris Wallace is a 'leftist' and the 'media' are out to get Trumpy. It's wearing thin lads, your guy is a dud. "Stand back and stand by" indeed. If the so called 'right' want to win they need to dump this grifter quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

You're implying he mocked a disabled journalist's disability and that lie has been debunked a million times. So why are you repeating it?

You have literally said the exact opposite in previous posts Pete. It's only now been debunked in your head and only in your head.

coolbeans wrote: »
    It's wearing thin lads, you're guy is a dud. "Stand back and stand by" indeed. If the so called 'right' want to win they need to dump this grifter quickly.

One thing Biden can do now, is push hard for downballot candidates. He's got a commanding lead, Trump is fully immolating everytime a mic is put into his face.

Apparently Susan Collins is falling further in the polls and SC showing Graham at risk. McSally's also got no chance, that's 2 seats back to the Democratic Party. It's a shame they've abandoned Doug Jones but Alabama is going to go for the old football coach unfortunately. Colorado and NC look to be leaning Democratic, another pickup. Getting Iowa and getting rid of flat-earther Joni Ernst would be another pickup.

Push, push, push on the Senate.

The #IMPOTUS is just absolute gold for the Biden campaign. Keep the #IMPOTUS on mike in front of the cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Pence Vs Harris debate will play a significant role next week The Vice President will either steady the course or sink the ship.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

Pence Vs Harris debate will play a significant role next week The Vice President will either steady the course or sink the ship.
    Vice President debates are utterly irrelevant. The viewership is nowhere the same. Most people couldn't even tell you who Hilarys running mate was. It will be a boring affair with Pence doing his boring usual thing, and Kamala Harris trying to big herself up for when she takes over from Biden.

The liberal media and twitter will "yas queen" anything Harris says then pronounce Harris the winner by default for being a strong independent liberal "Woman of Colour".

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

coolbeans wrote: »
    It's wearing thin lads, your guy is a dud.

This doesn't matter to the Trumpettes.

He could, literally come over to their house, screw their wife and abuse the kids and they'd still claim he was a "great guy".

Anyone with even a modicum of self respect knows that this bozo is a seriously damaging element in US politics and a shameful indicator of everything that's wrong with the system over there. But, that doesn't matter, because if gets in, it keeps the others out and that's all that important.

It's a schoolyard level of politics writ large and supported by the dullest of minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

Well, well ,well, who would have tough it, the media caught in another lie, the white supremacists proud boys with a black leader, i suppose he could identify as white?
    Trump landslide incoming
    https://twitter.com/ATellerOfTruth/status/1311284139681751040

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Gentlemanne

I have never seen a single person who says they "don't like Trump but" follow that up with anything original or reasonable.

Always the same spiteful and/or disingenous bulls**t

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Tony EH wrote: »
    This doesn't matter to the Trumpettes.

He could, literally come over to their house, screw their wife and abuse the kids and they'd still claim he was a "great guy".

Anyone with even a modicum of self respect knows that this bozo is a seriously damaging element in US politics and a shameful indicator of everything that's wrong with the system over there. But, that doesn't matter, because if gets in, it keeps the others out and that's all that important.

It's a schoolyard level of politics writ large and supported by the dullest of minds.

Trump is living in your head rent free if you genuinely believe that people would let him abuse their family and children and still like him.

How in the hell does someone arrive at an opinion like that.

I have never heard or read any reason to hate Trump that does not fall apart under the tiniest bit of scrutiny. anyone with a IQ higher than 50 can see the BS

Trump is living in your head rent free if you genuinely believe that people would let him abuse their family and children and still like him.

TDS is recognised by psychiatrists as real, i don't doubt that for a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

da_miser wrote: »
    TDS is recognised by physiatrists as real, i don't doubt that for a second.

physiatrists? Or A physiatrist? Because there's a huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Achebe

Well, well ,well, who would have tough it, the media caught in another lie, the white supremacists proud boys with a black leader, i suppose he could identify as white?
    Trump landslide incoming

Their leader is a Latino from Miami. I'm really not surprised, that city is where all the worst people in Latin America go to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭joeguevara

physiatrists? Or A physiatrist? Because there's a huge difference.

What is a physiatrist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Trump landslide incoming

He’s of Cuban origin.

joeguevara wrote: »
    What is a physiatrist?

Thats what I'm wondering myself :pac:

But ill give him the benefit of the doubt that he meant a Psychiatrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

What is a physiatrist?
    A short sexual liaison with someone on heavy medication ....

https://www.aapmr.org/about-physiatry/about-physical-medicine-rehabilitation/what-is-physiatry

• Registered Users Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Thats what I'm wondering myself :pac:

But ill give him the benefit of the doubt that he meant a Psychiatrist.

Im not sure. Its not as if its a simple spelling mistake. Its missing several letters type of mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,013 ✭✭✭✭listermint

is removing their current healthcare entitlements from there family and kids shortening and harming their mortality not abuse... and they still like him.

I suppose thats how one arrives at that opinion.

He’s of Cuban origin.

Cuban is a bonus, he would be well aware of the damage that the Left can do to a country.
    A black man leading a white "Nazi" group, you got to admit thats one of the better fake news stories that TDS suffers believe.

Im not sure. Its not as if its a simple spelling mistake. Its missing several letters type of mistake.

Autocorrect from previous Internet searches?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Cuban is a bonus, he would be well aware of the damage that the Left can do to a country.
    A black man leading a white "Nazi" group, you got to admit thats one of the better fake news stories that TDS suffers believe.

Yeah, economy in the toilet, weaker environmental protections, over 200 Thousand dead from coronavirus and a 7 trillion dollar deficit in only 4 years.

But but but the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Roger the cabin boy

https://www.concordmonitor.com/First-presidential-debate-Trump-Biden-full-transcript-36532544

i had a read of some of the transcript of the debate.

Biden talks a load of gobbledygook most of the time. I have a hard time following him.
    Trump may chat **** but its coherent .

• Advertisement

physiatrist fĭz″ē-ăt′rĭst, fĭ-zī′ə-trĭst►
    A physician who specializes in physical medicine
    TDS is only a few years old, ift would be a new field of medicne
    Whole body convulsions, delusion and irrational behaviour are standard along with dozens of other effects

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement