Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

listermint wrote: »
    is removing their current healthcare entitlements from there family and kids shortening and harming their mortality not abuse... and they still like him.

I suppose thats how one arrives at that opinion.

It was said in the context of screwing someone's wife and so sexual abuse is what was being implied.

But nice try trying at having a fellow antiTrumper's back I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I think people are beginning to see the bullsh1t spin of the media and it will push them away from Biden/BLM.

Mainstream media = peaceful protests and police brutality

But there are countless videos on youtube and being shared around social media of rioting and absolute chaos, and the fact that this isn't being mentioned in the left dominated media will make people feel that they are being lied to.

When you see videos of fire trucks being smashed to bits it really makes you wonder wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

da_miser wrote: »
    physiatrist fĭz″ē-ăt′rĭst, fĭ-zī′ə-trĭst►
    A physician who specializes in physical medicine
    TDS is only a few years old, ift would be a new field of medicne
    Whole body convulsions, delusion and irrational behaviour are standard along with dozens of other effects

Does anybody have any idea what this post is even trying to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Trump is living in your head rent free if you genuinely believe that people would let him abuse their family and children and still like him.

How in the hell does someone arrive at an opinion like that.

On Boards it's from reading previous posts of yours where you defend him mocking handicapped people, injecting disinfectant and sharing videos of white supremacists shouting white power.

In real life it's a combination of the above and from testimony from his niece, Mary Trump, his former political advisors, military advisors, who all confirm the dangerous flaws in his personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,013 ✭✭✭✭listermint

It was said in the context of screwing someone's wife and so sexual abuse is what was being implied.

But nice try trying at having a fellow antiTrumper's back I suppose.

Dont confuse Anti Trump, with Anti Muppet billionaire pretending hes your buddy.

But i suppose it takes all sorts for the love in.

Hey look maybe one day he will notice you and you can golf and have a cigar together. Thats the goal isnt it, to amplify billionaire talking points so one day you will be rich too?

Who are we 'other-ing' this week ???

Meanwhile back in reality land there are normal people who can see right through this conman, if he was in Ireland he'd be knocking on grannies doors telling them their roof needs doing......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

JJayoo wrote: »
    I think people are beginning to see the bullsh1t spin of the media and it will push them away from Biden/BLM.

Mainstream media = peaceful protests and police brutality

But there are countless videos on youtube and being shared around social media of rioting and absolute chaos, and the fact that this isn't being mentioned in the left dominated media will make people feel that they are being lied to.

When you see videos of fire trucks being smashed to bits it really makes you wonder wtf

Public support for BLM has been on the wane for some time now, that is the people who are willing to express support for BLM..we have no idea how many Americans don't actually believe they are a fundamentally racist people, I'd be willing to stick my neck out and say the vast majority of Americans are not on board with this movement but are too afraid to express that opinion.

You wouldn't know this if you consume media, where each week, some corporation changes their logo, or commits to tackling endemic racism, or a celebrity declares racism a virus or some such banality...at the same time the President has blocked Critical Race Theory being shoved down Federal employees throats....who is trying to undermine who?

If you were into conspiracy theories you'd think that there is a large section of corporate America who don't want Trump in office, because, you know, they have spent fortunes buying influence in Washington for decades and as such are worried about the strength of that influence...but we are all too sane for that kind of wrong think.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Trump is living in your head rent free if you genuinely believe that people would let him abuse their family and children and still like him.

How in the hell does someone arrive at an opinion like that.

From reading posts like yours. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Tony EH wrote: »
    From reading posts like yours. :pac:

Criticized Trump many times whenever I've felt it was warranted and so if you feel I'd let him sexually abuse my children then you've either got serious comprehension issues or, like I said, your hatred of Trump has really got to you and he's living rent free. My guess is it's the latter. Maybe spend a little more time trying to rebut users' arguments and then maybe you won't feel the need to resort to ad hominems as much.

I see that in addition to going to ridiculous lengths to shill for someone who doesn't even know you, you are totally without a sense a humour too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,736 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

The adjustment in narrative has been interesting to see over the last few days.

Plenty Trump flag wearers have started going with the narrative 'Look, they are both bad, that's why I want to talk about Biden' and on to 'I don't even like Trump' and now 'I've criticized Trump plenty'.

Here in the US, I was chatting to someone last night who said their neighbour took down their Trump flag which was outside their house after the debate on Tuesday. If he loses in November, in 6 months time you won't be able to find a single person who wanted him to win.

Of course, a couple of years after that it'll shift to 'We need someone who isn't part of the swamp' and so on again and so the cycle continues.

• Advertisement

The adjustment in narrative has been interesting to see over the last few days.

Plenty Trump flag wearers have started going with the narrative 'Look, they are both bad, that's why I want to talk about Biden' and on to 'I don't even like Trump' and now 'I've criticized Trump plenty'.

Here in the US, I was chatting to someone last night who said their neighbour took down their Trump flag which was outside their house after the debate on Tuesday. If he loses in November, in 6 months time you won't be able to find a single person who wanted him to win.

Of course, a couple of years after that it'll shift to 'We need someone who isn't part of the swamp' and so on again and so the cycle continues.

Everyone knows that Trump is a charlatan and a fraud. But there are those out there that lack a basic self respect and will blow a horn for him at every opportunity. There are even some that spend inordinate amounts of time whoring themselves out as cheap propaganda organs, spinning and spoofing their way through the day.

Honesty about this guy has been thrown away a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

It looks terrible...you go on the road to meet the people, not relatively empty train station platforms.

It is easy to dismiss, but it is an element that should make the Biden camp very uncomfortable, don't kid yourself, this is not going unnoticed even if the media don't seem to care...the same media who aren't exactly reporting on the recklessness of the supporters of Trump either, they prefer not to mention the size of the crowds oddly enough.

Look, I think it is a gamble of Trumps to have these rallies as the media are only waiting for any kind of surge in cases...I will say however, he is probably better informed than I am when it comes to risks.

There are of course, many many other public displays of support for Trump that are not organized by his campaign team, car/boat parades, marches etc across the nation...there are absolutely none for Biden.

We have to rely on polls and the media to inform us of how the race is shaping up, I'd be a bit nervous about that if I were a Democrat.

Trump isn't meeting people though, he isn't working the rope. There is a clear white line that drawn at his rallies that he doesn't cross. Biden point to a situation that was reported about Trump freaking out when someone got close to him at a rally that he didn't believe was tested. He doesn't care about his supporters.

As for surges in cases, it has been shown repeatedly that cases have spiked in areas where he had rallies. I was disappointed during the debate that Biden didn't hit Trump with Cain dying after catching COVID at his event, though I understand that it could be a comment that could hurt him.

By the way, this doesn't look like an empty train station.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1311415774687395840?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Achebe

Foxtrol wrote: »
    As for surges in cases, it has been shown repeatedly that cases have spiked in areas where he had rallies. I was disappointed during the debate that Biden didn't hit Trump with Cain dying after catching COVID at his event, though I understand that it could be a comment that could hurt him.

That's the kind of comment Trump makes all the time, but if Biden said it, there would be faux outrage from the right.

Trump isn't meeting people though, he isn't working the rope. There is a clear white line that drawn at his rallies that he doesn't cross. Biden point to a situation that was reported about Trump freaking out when someone got close to him at a rally that he didn't believe was tested. He doesn't care about his supporters.

By the way, this doesn't look like an empty train station.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1311415774687395840?s=20

Oh dear...he is getting a bit of a pasting on his own twitter feed as well....his videos on this tour on his own youtube channel are getting ratioed too.

Great to see a crowd out for him though...even if it is small...obviously they are not afraid of covid either!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

da_miser wrote: »
    I have never heard or read any reason to hate Trump that does not fall apart under the tiniest bit of scrutiny. anyone with a IQ higher than 50 can see the BS

An IQ!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

If Biden does get in I'll put money on that relief package magically getting through congress soon after the election, the votes against it will inexplicably change their mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Roger the cabin boy

Anyone actually believe Biden would last 4 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

WrenBoy wrote: »
    If Biden does get in I'll put money on that relief package magically getting through congress soon after the election, the votes against it will inexplicably change their mind.
    So you think Biden winning will convince Mitch McConnell and the Republicans to drop their opposition to another relief bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Not that you care but I expect what you deem as being 'very very forgetful' is likely related to speech impediment.

Exactly, stumbling over words and entire sentences is quite common. As is replacing words that are easier to say, can also sound weird but its likely the best way he can get through sentences while being as fluid as he can.
    Anyone actually believe Biden would last 4 years?

Weird question. Yes. Just as I think Trump would last another 4 years. Its a 3 year difference lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Oh dear...he is getting a bit of a pasting on his own twitter feed as well....his videos on this tour on his own youtube channel are getting ratioed too.

Great to see a crowd out for him though...even if it is small...obviously they are not afraid of covid either!!!

All wearing masks, unlike the idiots at trumps mass covid rallies.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Trump missed a trick with Chris Wallace (the moderator of this weeks debate)
    He should have said Chris, heh remember interviewing me in 1988 at the RNC and I told you if I ran for President Id probably win.

Wonder how many people managed to predict they would win a Presidential election 28 years in advance.

Gotta hand it to Trump, as Chris called him a real estate tycoon and best selling author and then goes on to win a Presidential election 28 years after saying he would.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

And remember Trump picked Bobby Lashley, a black man, when he was in the WWE.clearly not racist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

So you think Biden winning will convince Mitch McConnell and the Republicans to drop their opposition to another relief bill?

"Democrats blocked a pared-down GOP coronavirus relief bill in a bitterly disputed Senate vote Thursday, leaving the two parties without a clear path forward to approve new economic stimulus before the November elections."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/09/10/senate-coronavirus-economic-relief-bill/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Trump missed a trick with Chris Wallace (the moderator of this weeks debate)
    He should have said Chris, heh remember interviewing me in 1988 at the RNC and I told you if I ran for President Id probably win.

Wonder how many people managed to predict they would win a Presidential election 28 years in advance.

Gotta hand it to Trump, as Chris called him a real estate tycoon and best selling author and then goes on to win a Presidential election 28 years after saying he would.

Admiring a pathological narcicist for being what they are, I find a bit weird. To me it seems just an expression of his mental ilness, not an accurate prediction of the future.

It would seem the US electorate gave Biden the win in the debate:
    The NBC News national polling average had Biden up 7.9 points over Trump. That figure is based on an unweighted average of the 10 most recent reliable public opinion polls.
    The RealClearPolitics general election polling average showed Biden with a 6.6-point lead over Trump.
    FiveThirtyEight’s national polling tracker gave Biden a 7.6-point advantage.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/01/biden-leads-polls-voters-say-he-beat-trump-in-first-debate.html

I suppose we should be thankful for small mercies.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭StefanFal

I hope he does and its looking good for him. Biden is a disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Why do you keep harping on about the number of comments, be it twitter or youtube? It is utter nonsense that can easily be manipulated by foreign trolls and who really cares about people that go to the effort to comment on youtube and twitter. They are hardly swing voters.

If you do still believe social media as an gauge of support, like everything else, it isn't looking good for Trump. That crowd video I share for Biden received 83k likes to 6k comments and Trump's similar crowd shot last night only received 57k likes and 10k comments.

If you want to look at a much better measure of who is energised look at the money Biden took in yesterday, breaking all records, while Trump's team has been silent (when they wouldn't stop talking about their fundraising during the early days of the campaign). That follows Biden significantly outraising Trump in August and historic democrat fundraising post the death of RBG.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,176 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

StefanFal wrote: »
    I hope he does and its looking good for him. Biden is a disaster!
    How by any real measure is it looking good for him?
    Massively behind in the polls, including the vast majority of swing states, and seemingly drifting in betting.

Biden would imo be a massive upgrade, he will bring back some dignity and decency to the position.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Of course it's hard for you to believe. You've been fed a diet of Orange Man Bad for the last 4 years.

Who in their right mind would support a politician who told people to inject bleach, hates women and black people.

Yes, it's strange isn't it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,594 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Well he can't say that because we don't know for sure. I don't think you can hold Trump personally responsible if an old guy with a severly compromised immune system turns up at one of his rallies not wearing a mask and making no attempt to socially distance.

• Advertisement

Why do you keep harping on about the number of comments, be it twitter or youtube? It is utter nonsense that can easily be manipulated by foreign trolls and who really cares about people that go to the effort to comment on youtube and twitter. They are hardly swing voters.

If you do still believe social media as an gauge of support, like everything else, it isn't looking good for Trump. That crowd video I share for Biden received 83k likes to 6k comments and Trump's similar crowd shot last night only received 57k likes and 10k comments.

If you want to look at a much better measure of who is energised look at the money Biden took in yesterday, breaking all records, while Trump's team has been silent (when they wouldn't stop talking about their fundraising during the early days of the campaign). That follows Biden significantly outraising Trump in August and historic democrat fundraising post the death of RBG.

Because in the digital age, these things are relevant...if not important.

We are led to believe that Biden is leading in the polls, but every indicator available to us outside of those polls and media is telling us a completely different story.

Trump's digital footprint is way way bigger than Bidens, his popular support is way more visible than Bidens, that much is clear.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement