Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Imagine the leader of one of the most important countries on earth not being a narcissistic, Twitter-whining, thinly-veiled racist, who is determined to turn what they call democracy over there into an autocracy that he can hand over to one of his dim-witted sons?

If it wasn't clearly the beginning of the end of the world, I'd be excited. What with the earth burning and the virus and Keeping up with the Kardashians ending like.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Because in the digital age, these things are relevant...if not important.

We are led to believe that Biden is leading in the polls, but every indicator available to us outside of those polls and media is telling us a completely different story.

Trump's digital footprint is way way bigger than Bidens, his popular support is way more visible than Bidens, that much is clear.

It must kill Trump that Obama is way more popular than him then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

It must kill Trump that Obama is way more popular than him then.

Are you nuts, Obama got him elected.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

cnocbui wrote: »
    Admiring a pathological narcicist for being what they are, I find a bit weird. To me it seems just an expression of his mental ilness, not an accurate prediction of the future.

It would seem the US electorate gave Biden the win in the debate:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/01/biden-leads-polls-voters-say-he-beat-trump-in-first-debate.html

I suppose we should be thankful for small mercies.

I guess you havent read the FULL PAGE ADVERT Donald Trump took out where he espoused his opinion on US FOREIGN Poilicy.

He paid $100,000 in 1987 , to take out this this advert in 3 major newspapers including the NYT. Go look it up , it was a MAGA speech 28 years before the movement.

Its a brilliant eluciation of what has been the problem with US Foreign policy for the last 40 years,
    And to think he wrote it in 1987 and you could print it today and still find much that is right in it.

You know the left are desperate, they keeping talking about the polling numbers in their posts.. same as when they did the same thing in 2016 for sHillery .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Because in the digital age, these things are relevant...if not important.

We are led to believe that Biden is leading in the polls, but every indicator available to us outside of those polls and media is telling us a completely different story.

Trump's digital footprint is way way bigger than Bidens, his popular support is way more visible than Bidens, that much is clear.

Fake news - no really:
    As many as 70 percent — or 56.3 million — of President Donald Trump’s Twitter followers are fake or inactive, according to an expert interviewed by Mediaite.

“Our tool defines ‘fake followers’ as accounts that are unreachable and will not see the account’s tweets either because they are spam, bots, propaganda, or no longer active on Twitter,” said Casey Henry, the co-founder and chief technology officer of SparkToro, a software company that provides an online tool for analyzing followers on Twitter.

The problem isn’t limited to the president. SparkToro suggests 48 percent of the accounts following former President Barack Obama — a little more than 57 million out of 119.5 million — are also “fake,” in addition to 45.8 percent — or 12.8 million — of those following former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. The figure for former Vice President Joe Biden, who enjoys a relatively paltry following of 6.1 million, is 43 percent, or 2.6 million fake accounts.
    https://www.mediaite.com/news/up-to-57-million-trump-twitter-followers-are-fake-or-inactive-expert-tells-mediaite/

Far fewer fake accounts with respect to biden than Trump.

• Advertisement

Your saying that digital footprint is a sign of popularity, Obama has more twitter followers than trump. Therefore by your reasoning Obama is more popular than Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

How did Obama get him elected?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

How did Obama get him elected?

Because he was such a terrible president dontcha know. Trump had to come along and make america great again. :rolleyes: you know yourself, the usual nonsense.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Fake news - no really:

https://www.mediaite.com/news/up-to-57-million-trump-twitter-followers-are-fake-or-inactive-expert-tells-mediaite/

Far fewer fake accounts with respect to biden than Trump.

I am not talking about twitter, which as anyone knows, isn't really his demographic.

If you see Bidens account on twitter getting a pasting, you know it is bad because it is his demographic!!!

Trumps views, reach and engagement for videos of his and related to him are far bigger on Youtube, the Facebook reach of content that would be considered his constituency/demographic is also far far bigger the Democrats reach....its actually got a greater reach than mainstream media...there is still a cohort of people out there who think mainstream media is the dominant influencer....it is not, the world has moved on, those people are being left behind.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Because he was such a terrible president dontcha know. Trump had to come along and make america great again. :rolleyes: you know yourself, the usual nonsense.

Well, that will have the seals clapping but just look at who the party membership wanted as their candidate in 2016...they were fed up of compromised insiders (which Obama turned out to be) too!!!

• Advertisement

I am not talking about twitter, which as anyone knows, isn't really his demographic.

If you see Bidens account on twitter getting a pasting, you know it is bad because it is his demographic!!!

Trumps views, reach and engagement for videos of his and related to him are far bigger on Youtube, the Facebook reach of content that would be considered his constituency/demographic is also far far bigger the Democrats reach....its actually got a greater reach than mainstream media...there is still a cohort of people out there who think mainstream media is the dominant influencer....it is not, the world has moved on, those people are being left behind.

So why does Trump practically live on there? Posting crap all hours of the day?

MadYaker wrote: »

yep Obama was the worst thing that happened to the Democrat party since WWII
    He holds the record for the most legislative seats ever lost during a term in office, and considering the next President is 130 back, Obama will have this one 4eva.
    During President Obama's (D) two terms in office, Democrats experienced a net loss of 968 state legislative seats, the largest net loss of state legislative seats in this category since World War II.[1] The second-largest loss occurred following Dwight D. Eisenhower's two terms in office, when Republicans were handed a net loss of 843 state legislative seats

It was indeed nonsense, losing 960 seats...the only comparison is the Titanic when it comes to losing that many seats.

I guess the left like Obama, cos they like loosers...
    Id be rolling my eyes too if the guy I supported lost 900 seats for his party during his term... :rolleyes:

https://ballotpedia.org/Changes_in_state_legislative_seats_during_the_Obama_presidency

Your saying that digital footprint is a sign of popularity, Obama has more twitter followers than trump. Therefore by your reasoning Obama is more popular than Trump.

I don't know if you are aware, but Twitter isn't the only digital media platform...I'd go so far as to say it was dying a death until Trump came along....in my opinion he is wasting his own time on twitter fighting petit battles more often than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,734 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I don't know if you are aware, but Twitter isn't the only digital media platform...I'd go so far as to say it was dying a death until Trump came along....in my opinion he is wasting his own time on twitter fighting petit battles more often than not.

Trump is being ripped to pieces on Tik Tok.

So where else is Trump active? Where else does Trump post?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Trump is being ripped to pieces on Tik Tok.

This is a funny sentence, we've reached a strange level of political debate :pac:

So where else is Trump active? Where else does Trump post?

I don't think you understand.

He doesn't need to be active...I've already explained this, between his own videos, videos of his events, videos of his supporters, he is miles ahead of Biden on Youtube.

Facebook distributes way more conservative leaning content which is why you may have seen the Facebook Ad Boycott a few months ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Facebook_ad_boycotts

Take a look at the list of companies who participated, any idea's why?

Hillary and the left missed a trick in 2015-2016 campaigning and are missing the same trick again .

Bidens either in his basement or making short trips to Pennsylvania, theres lots of states he is not hitting.

Whereas Trump is on the road , multiple states, multiple rallies.

And what people forget is that these states visit's get cursory news on the network channels but its the local affiliates who give these rallys lots of coverage.

And Trump is getting huge local coverage on local stations as he rolls into town , with all the pomp and ceremony.

Day before the election in 2016 Hillary was in NY working on her victory speech, Trump did 3 rallies in 3 different states the day before election day. Thats hard working.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,659 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

the money is flowing in on Biden

goen from 8/13 to 8/15

trump from 11/8 to 6/4

• Subscribers Posts: 41,659 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

RIGOLO wrote: »

Whereas Trump is on the road , multiple states, multiple rallies.

And what people forget is that these states visit's get cursory news on the network channels but its the local affiliates who give these rallys lots of coverage.

seems trumps world tour is a waste of time....

his numbers are dropping in all the important swing states:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/01/us-election-polls-tracker-swing-states-joe-biden-donald-trump

biden is polling higher even in Ohio ! where drumpf won by 8.1 points in 2016

• Advertisement

sydthebeat wrote: »
    the money is flowing in on Biden

goen from 8/13 to 8/15

trump from 11/8 to 6/4

Ireland’s Paddy Power, bookmaker:
    Clinton - 83 percent
    Trump - 18 percent

ahh thanks for the fond memory, man I cleaned up on TRump in 2016 I bet him in from long odds all the way up to election day .

polls and betting odds , Biden supporters are really scrapping the bottom of the barrell, looking for some glimmer of hope...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I guess you havent read the FULL PAGE ADVERT Donald Trump took out where he espoused his opinion on US FOREIGN Poilicy.

He paid $100,000 in 1987 , to take out this this advert in 3 major newspapers including the NYT. Go look it up , it was a MAGA speech 28 years before the movement.

Its a brilliant eluciation of what has been the problem with US Foreign policy for the last 40 years,
    And to think he wrote it in 1987 and you could print it today and still find much that is right in it.

You know the left are desperate, they keeping talking about the polling numbers in their posts.. same as when they did the same thing in 2016 for sHillery .
    Do you not prefer his full page 1989 advert?
    https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/feb/17/central-park-five-donald-trump-jogger-rape-case-new-york
    One of the people he wanted to be executed was 15 btw...oh yeah and they were wrongfully convicted

gmisk wrote: »
    Do you not prefer his full page 1989 advert?
    https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/feb/17/central-park-five-donald-trump-jogger-rape-case-new-york
    One of the people he wanted to be executed was 15 btw...oh yeah and they were wrongfully convicted

Yep I remember that time in NY .. do you or are you only recently woke..

Just to set some context for the time that Trump op-ed was writtern.
    There were over 2000 murders in NY in 1989.
    In 1990 the murder peaked at over 2400 murders in one year.

The SAME day as the assault in Central Park discussed above, a woman in Brooklyn was taken by 3 men to the top of a four storey building, raped and sodomised and then given the fast way down, not by stairs and not by elevator but thrown off the side of a 4 storey building to the street below.

People should keep that in mind, when reading Trumps op-ed from 1989 as to the state of NY.

If you still think what he said was out of order thats your perogative.

Personally i think he hit the nail on the head with what he wrote AT THE TIME.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

steddyeddy wrote: »
    On Boards it's from reading previous posts of yours where you defend him mocking handicapped people

He didn't mock anyone's handicap:

injecting disinfectant

He injected disinfectant? Huh? No, he didn't and he didn't suggest anyone should either. Read my posts maybe instead of rolling your eyes at them.
    and sharing videos of white supremacists shouting white power.

Sigh. They were MOCKING the liberal left morons that were asking them where their "white hoods" were ffs! Open your ears:

So all the examples you list of my defending him, which you feel justify someone suggesting that I'd let the man abuse my children as a result of my doing so, are all things which are clearly false and which he should be defended of.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Well he can't say that because we don't know for sure. I don't think you can hold Trump personally responsible if an old guy with a severly compromised immune system turns up at one of his rallies not wearing a mask and making no attempt to socially distance.

Well Trump held the event against medical advice, didn't require attendees to wear masks, and his staff removed stickers from chairs that were supposed to be there for social distancing.

That makes him pretty much responsible. I can guarantee you if similar had happened at a Biden event Trump would be all over it.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Well Trump held the event against medical advice, didn't require attendees to wear masks, and his staff removed stickers from chairs that were supposed to be there for social distancing.

That makes him pretty much responsible. I can guarantee you if similar had happened at a Biden event Trump would be all over it.

that would never happen at a Biden event and you know it..
    Biden would have to generate a crowd first .. :D

Yep I remember that time in NY .. do you or are you only recently woke..

Just to set some context for the time that Trump op-ed was writtern.
    There were over 2000 murders in NY in 1989.
    In 1990 the murder peaked at over 2400 murders in one year.

The SAME day as the assault in Central Park discussed above, a woman in Brooklyn was taken by 3 men to the top of a four storey building, raped and sodomised and then given the fast way down, not by stairs and not by elevator but thrown off the side of a 4 storey building to the street below.

People should keep that in mind, when reading Trumps op-ed from 1989 as to the state of NY.

If you still think what he said was out of order thats your perogative.

Personally i think he hit the nail on the head with what he wrote AT THE TIME.
    I was 5 so it wasn't at the front of my thinking at the time...

I don't believe in the death penalty and I don't believe in pushing an opportunistic agenda to bring it in, especially when the people it targeted were both underage and innocent.

Woke lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Anyone actually believe Biden would last 4 years?

It's all about Harris. Biden's just the conduit.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,734 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Must be why Harris did so well in the Primaries.

• Advertisement

What about trump? You honestly think he is in better health than Biden?
    Is he just a conduit for Pence?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement