Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,675 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Following discussion with user, Overheal's threadban is now lifted

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Because in the digital age, these things are relevant...if not important.

We are led to believe that Biden is leading in the polls, but every indicator available to us outside of those polls and media is telling us a completely different story.

Trump's digital footprint is way way bigger than Bidens, his popular support is way more visible than Bidens, that much is clear.

All you're clinging to is digital that is the most open to manipulation. You have absolutely no idea how much of that footprint is real or able to vote. Bernie's digital impression was off the charts and Biden destroyed him.

Biden is leading in the polls and smashing Trump in fundraising. I'm far far more comfortable being in this side of things than where Trump is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Oh and for anyone that still absurdly thinks all in Fox News are Trump sycophants:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1311689723438563329

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Foxtrol wrote: »
    All you're clinging to is digital that is the most open to manipulation. You have absolutely no idea how much of that footprint is real or able to vote. Bernie's digital impression was off the charts and Biden destroyed him.

Biden is leading in the polls and smashing Trump in fundraising. I'm far far more comfortable being in this side of things than where Trump is.

Hilary was comfortable too , sitting at 80% in most polls and Trump having to spend $60 million of his own money on his campaign.

Look where it got her.. She is still sitting comfortably at home, Trumps sitting in the White House..

The left are now just an embarasssment, they are spouting nonsense about polls and have already forgotten the lesson of 2016 . I blame the education system,

• Registered Users Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Vice President debates are utterly irrelevant. The viewership is nowhere the same. Most people couldn't even tell you who Hilarys running mate was.

This is true. I came across his name the other day and it didn't ring the faintest bell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Poor Trump, he's so narcissistic he can't even admitted the slightest defeat :pac:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1311685923097260034?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Oh and for anyone that still absurdly thinks all in Fox News are Trump sycophants:

What is your point here? The vast majority of their output is pro-Trump. I cannot imagine that you would be a fan of an anti-Trump positive discrimination quota by this entertainment channel in them having a token Anti-Trump presence?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,675 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Poor Trump, he's so narcissistic he can't even admitted the slightest defeat :pac:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1311685923097260034?s=19

I presume he's picked up say 25% in one poll, another 20% in another 2 or 3, plus more in others and is adding them all up - is he claiming more than 100% in total?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Hilary was comfortable too , sitting at 80% in most polls and Trump having to spend $60 million of his own money on his campaign.

Look where it got her.. She is still sitting comfortably at home, Trumps sitting in the White House..

The left are now just an embarasssment, they are spouting nonsense about polls and have already forgotten the lesson of 2016 . I blame the education system,

So, how *is* that Trump economy doing? Expectation is an average set of unemployment numbers, only 850,000 new applications! Kind of like where GWB left it at the end of 2008 when Paulson had to ask for $800bn to prevent the economy from freezing up. We've rocketed way past that number into the $trillions just to keep afloat. Good Job, #IMPOTUS and the GOP!

And as always, slow day, bring up HRC. I think I've posted now twice analyses of polls from Fivethirtyeight, who in fact DID get the 2016 polling right, predicting Clinton to win the popular vote by a few percent and the electoral college a 'toss up.' (Frankly don't remember their EC prediction but it was something like that.)

Their prediction now is much stronger Biden. And you can look and see what Steve Schmidt has said about Biden's historic polling - it's higher than Clinton v. Dole nearly 30 years ago. Record-breaking territory.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/

But again, how is that economy doing? Because as you liked to say last year, It's the economy, stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

And Brad Parscale was primarily the digital guy. How'd that work out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,575 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Beasty wrote: »
    I presume he's picked up say 25% in one poll, another 20% in another 2 or 3, plus more in others and is adding them all up - is he claiming more than 100% in total?

Many people are saying he won the debate by 206%

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

He didn't mock anyone's handicap:

He injected disinfectant? Huh? No, he didn't and he didn't suggest anyone should either. Read my posts maybe instead of rolling your eyes at them.

Sigh. They were MOCKING the liberal left morons that were asking them where their "white hoods" were ffs! Open your ears:

So all the examples you list of my defending him, which you feel justify someone suggesting that I'd let the man abuse my children as a result of my doing so, are all things which are clearly false and which he should be defended of.

Thanks for the "proof" that Trump didn't mock a handicapped reporter in the form of Trump saying it wasn't true.

Here's proof that wind turbines cause cancer in the form of Trump saying they cause cancer.
    "If you have a windmill anywhere near your house, congratulations your house just went down 75% in value. And they say the noise causes cancer, you tell me that one, okay?"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

No I am not clinging to anything, I am giving you clear indicators, just like the size of the crowds he attracts, and the other massive public displays of support he enjoys....Biden on the other hand is running a campaign befitting a mayor of a small town.

I have also said that it is not why I believe he will win, I believe he will win because of the vital issues that Americans face, the Democrats are on the wrong side of too many of them.

You are the one clinging to the polls.

No I am not clinging to anything, I am giving you clear indicators, just like the size of the crowds he attracts, and the other massive public displays of support he enjoys....Biden on the other hand is running a campaign befitting a mayor of a small town.

I have also said that it is not why I believe he will win, I believe he will win because of the vital issues that Americans face, the Democrats are on the wrong side of too many of them.

You are the one clinging to the polls.

I saw this on FB this morning and it feels incredibly apt here:

120285696_10220315309207661_6574454915173692873_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=V6PMz5F4P0AAX_BJX40&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=c6846accb62eec21cd2517115fc18276&oe=5F9D5802

Ignore the broad support for Biden if you want, the endorsements, the polls, the right wing backing him, etc, and just focus on the number of followers on twitter and how many flag waving boats or whatever there are - at your own risk.

Meanwhile Biden is endorsed today by at least 50 National Security officials who know him and his work and what he is capable of. Oh - and those 50+ are Republicans.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-republicans-biden-exclus/exclusive-over-50-republican-former-us-national-security-officials-join-biden-endorsement-idUSKBN26M5F3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Overheal wrote: »
    I saw this on FB this morning and it feels incredibly apt here:

120285696_10220315309207661_6574454915173692873_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=V6PMz5F4P0AAX_BJX40&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=c6846accb62eec21cd2517115fc18276&oe=5F9D5802

Ignore the broad support for Biden if you want, the endorsements, the polls, the right wing backing him, etc, and just focus on the number of followers on twitter and how many flag waving boats or whatever there are - at your own risk.

Meanwhile Biden is endorsed today by at least 50 National Security officials who know him and his work and what he is capable of.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-republicans-biden-exclus/exclusive-over-50-republican-former-us-national-security-officials-join-biden-endorsement-idUSKBN26M5F3

You can do better than that...come on man!!!!

Some guy on Facebook felt the need to explain why there is no public support for Biden because clearly people are noticing it and he decided it is because he is above that kind of crass behaviour...he gives himself a position of moral superiority but posts it on his social media feed!!!

Pathetic!!!!

Some guy on Facebook felt the need to explain why there is no public support for Biden because clearly people are noticing it and he decided it is because he is above that kind of crass behaviour...he gives himself a position of moral superiority but posts it on his social media feed!!!

Pathetic!!!!

....where are you right now?

Not at all refuting the post's argument just throwing ad hominem at it?

Igotadose wrote: »
    And Brad Parscale was primarily the digital guy. How'd that work out?

His 'death star' is working a treat

RIGOLO wrote: »

What polls was she at 80%? :confused:

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Thanks for the "proof" that Trump didn't mock a handicapped reporter in the form of Trump saying it wasn't true.

It was in the form of: multiple clips showing he made the same, or similar, motions whilst mocking multiple people over the years, as of course you know but are choosing to ignore as it doesn't suit you given you don't want to admit you are wrong and I'll take your lack of comment on the other things I corrected you on that you are conceding you were on all those examples too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,734 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

It was in the form of: multiple clips showing he made the same, or similar, motions whilst mocking multiple people over the years, as of course you know but are choosing to ignore as it doesn't suit you given you don't want to admit you are wrong and I'll take your lack of comment on the other things I corrected you on that you are conceding you were on all those examples too.

It's some scraping of the barrel to have to use the excuse about the childishness and bullying nature of the person holding the most powerful office in the world that he has done this about multiple people over the years.

JFC, how low he has dragged that office.

• Advertisement

Biden has made his first jump in a while on the 538. Has moved from a 78% chance of winning to 80. Still wouldn't view it as remotely decided but cautiously optimistic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Who claimed that all in Fox news were Trump sycophants?

I'm just curious because the implication in your post is that posters were doing that. Certainly, plenty have claimed that Fox News as an organisation is very pro-Trump (feel free to dispute that if you like), but I find it hard to believe that posters had been making the point that your post was addressing -particularly when anybody who has been following US politics has probably heard of Chris Wallace.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Roger the cabin boy

Pathetic!!!!

If you are routing for a "nice man" to be your president, you are walking into a disaster.

You don't have to like your boss and if he is good, you probably won't

What polls was she at 80%? :confused:

I'm fairly sure that she barely hovered around 50% in most polls. Unless the poster to whom you're responding is confusing polls, projections and probabilities which is fairly understandable given that they all start with the letter P and that's known to confuse a lot of people.

It's some scraping of the barrel to have to use the excuse about the childishness and bullying nature of the person holding the most powerful office in the world that he has done this about multiple people over the years.

JFC, how low he has dragged that office.

The excuse is that Trump regularly implies that people are disabled by doing a schoolyard spa impression when describing them. I'm not sure that he thinks these excuses through to any great degree.

Who claimed that all in Fox news were Trump sycophants?

I'm just curious because the implication in your post is that posters were doing that. Certainly, plenty have claimed that Fox News as an organisation is very pro-Trump (feel free to dispute that if you like), but I find it hard to believe that posters had been making the point that your post was addressing -particularly when anybody who has been following US politics has probably heard of Chris Wallace.

Fox is often spoken about here with derision. If a user posts one of news report clips it will often be sneered and dismissed off as if it couldn't possibly have anything to offer and the inference of that being done all the time is that they are 100% biased.
    It's some scraping of the barrel to have to use the excuse about the childishness and bullying nature of the person holding the most powerful office in the world that he has done this about multiple people over the years. JFC, how low he has dragged that office.

"Bullying"? lol.

If you go to 1m40s of the clip [timestamped below] you will see he mocks himself with the same movements. Was he bullying himself? Come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Biden has made his first jump in a while on the 538. Has moved from a 78% chance of winning to 80. Still wouldn't view it as remotely decided but cautiously optimistic.

TBH, these things are usually a load of old baloney Mike.

The only real poll that matters is when voters cast their votes on election day...

...and even then the EC might swing it.

GOP panicking badly now. They'll obviously continue to pull more and more stunts like this as the election nears (on top of their years of trying to suppress the vote).

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1311748967055622144?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement