Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Winterrr wrote: »
    Trump lied at the debate when he claimed Biden calls African American males super predators.
    In fact it was hillary what said it.
    It's all there on video.
    Embarrassing for trump but his fans won't care

He lied about a load of stuff but it got overshadowed by his hissy fits and refusal to denounce white supremicists.

For example, according to him insulin is now cheaper than water :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Winterrr wrote: »
    Trump lied at the debate when he claimed Biden calls African American males super predators.
    In fact it was hillary what said it.
    It's all there on video.
    Embarrassing for trump but his fans won't care

Hillary may have added the word Super, but it was Joe who was the one that initially used the word "Predators" in that particular context on the floor of the house whilst discussing the 1994 Crime Bill:

I think calling Trump a liar for what he said is silly given that the black community were not offended by the use of the word Super, but of course because they were referred to as Predators and it was Joe that was responsible for that.

Seems Trump might have to debate two people instead of one again at the next debate as the moderator for that doesn't look any less biased than Wallace.

https://twitter.com/SteveScully/status/710943428314419201

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Seems Trump might have to debate two people instead of one again at the next debate as the moderator for that doesn't look any less biased than Wallace.

https://twitter.com/SteveScully/status/710943428314419201

Hopefully! Maybe someone who's more capable of reining in his constant interruptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Hillary may have added the word Super, but it was Joe who was the one that initially used the word "Predators" in that particular context on the floor of the house whilst discussing the 1994 Crime Bill:

I think calling Trump a liar for what he said is silly given that the black community were not offended by the use of the word Super, but of course because they were referred to as Predators and it was Joe that was responsible for that.

That video is paid for by the Trump/Pence campaign and at no point does either Hillary or Biden mention the word black, African American or any other variation of the term. It's 100% propaganda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Foxtrol wrote: »
    He lied about a load of stuff but it got overshadowed by his hissy fits and refusal to denounce white supremicists.

If you are going to call out a lie...

Call out the outrageous lie that Biden's son received $3.5 million from the wife of a former Moscow Mayor, and that he got money from China....I'm surprised media isn't make more of this...this should have him in court for such a statement on National TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Foxtrol wrote: »

I've seen him denounce white supremicists repeatedly. Why do you say he hasn't?

That video is paid for by the Trump/Pence campaign and at no point does either Hillary or Biden mention the word black, African American or any other variation of the term. It's 100% propaganda

The video is still real, no matter who paid for it.

As for saying neither mentioned the word Black, I never said either did but Trump is right that the black community felt aggrieved.

Even Bernie felt it was:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Trump paid no federal income taxes in 10 of the 15 years beginning in 2000, according to the Times. In both 2016 and 2017, he paid just $750 in federal income taxes, about 16 times less than the average American tax filer paid in 2017, IRS figures indicate.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/01/tech/donald-trump-taxes-questions/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

You are trying to string together multiple statements between Hillary clinton and Bernie Sanders over a decade apart to try justify an incorrect statement from trump. Joe biden never called black people super predators - that is an absolute fact

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Overheal wrote: »
    I mean how do they expect that to be seen as anything but flagrant voter suppression?

The courts in the US have been upholding Republican gerrymandering for years. Blatant subversion and rigging of the electoral process and they keep allowing it when it gets challenged.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Not sure Trump can win if these are the best spox he can find to defend him

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/you-just-called-me-a-liar-msnbc-anchor-cuts-off-feed-of-trump-campaign-official-during-shouting-match-on-debate/

The campaign is unable to squirm out of its lie that the Biden Campaign and the Trump Campaign had an agreement to a pre-debate ear inspection, something the Trump Campaign claimed and ran advertising on. When asked to substantiate the burden of proof, the spokesman completely melted down.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

What's another lie from this presidency?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

cnocbui wrote: »
    What's another lie from this presidency?

He can't lie about this.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1311892190680014849?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Well we got out October surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Could play well for him if he has mild symptoms and recovers quickly - 'the President who personally battled Covid and won can also beat it for the American people'.

It throws a big spanner into the works however the disease goes for him.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

The plot thickens . So many new angles raised by the positive test.

I am looking forward to one thing.
    Main stream media, and the looney lefties with 4 years chronic TDS will have to reign in the personal attacks , not a good look to go name calling a 74 year old man and his wife who have Covid .
    But Im sure there will be exceptions.

Even Don Lemon - CNN, cut Trump a break and made some warm comments towards him in the last hour. A man who normally foams at the mouth as he goes from one anti-Trump tirade to another.

Obviously this is a major opening for his opponents, but at least its unlikely we will be seeing headlines in the coming 2 weeks calling Trump the re-incarnation of The German Painter.

Will be a busy day in the RIGOLO household, the markets already dropping , but expecting all my Covid stocks to hold strong, possibly even gain ...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,581 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Phoebas wrote:
    Could play well for him if he has mild symptoms and recovers quickly - 'the President who personally battled Covid and won can also beat it for the American people'.

hydroxychloroquine should have him back on his feet in no time, I wouldn't be worrying about this obese man, he is the greatest after all

• Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Kind of inevitable when he insists on going about without wearing a mask the majority of the time.
    Definitely in the at risk category given his age and weight. That's him off the TV for a few weeks at least bar constant phonecalls to fox I would think.

In summary...it is what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

If you are going to call out a lie...

Was that the presser where Kayley denied knowing about the Proud Boys before the debate, even after having appeared with their leader on various panels in the past?

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/trumps-new-press-secretary-has-history-defending-islamophobia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Well, I mean, if it looks like you're going to lose a vote, it makes sense to stop people voting.

It makes sense in Russia! Not the US.

Igotadose wrote: »
    Was that the presser where Kayley denied knowing about the Proud Boys before the debate, even after having appeared with their leader on various panels in the past?

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/trumps-new-press-secretary-has-history-defending-islamophobia

So you've nothing to say about the outrageous lie that Hunter Biden received payments from both Russian and Chinese sources?

I'd imagine that is a bigger lie than who the the press secretary meets...but we all know why no one is asking Biden those hard questions or why you ignored it.

So you've nothing to say about the outrageous lie that Hunter Biden received payments from both Russian and Chinese sources?

I'd imagine that is a bigger lie than who the the press secretary meets...but we all know why no one is asking Biden those hard questions or why you ignored it.

Remember, Kayley said she'd never lie to us.

So you agree she lied then?

Remember, Kayley said she'd never lie to us.

So you agree she lied then?

I don't care about the press secretary.

But well done for avoiding the question of Bidens son being accused of taking money from the Russians and Chinese.

Did you ever ask yourself the question, has Biden ever said anything "racially sensitive" in his long career or do the media do your thinking for you?

I don't care about the press secretary.

But well done for avoiding the question of Bidens son being accused of taking money from the Russians and Chinese.

Did you ever ask yourself the question, has Biden ever said anything "racially sensitive" in his long career or do the media do your thinking for you?

What I do, or don't ask myself, isn't your business.

But, speaking of Biden, here's a list of things from his campaign he'll try to do once elected (first 25 of a much longer list). What do you think? Any issues with these goals?

1.) $15.00 federal minimum wage
    2.) Reinstate DACA – allowing new applicants to apply
    3.) 12 Weeks federal paid family leave
    4.) Universal Pre-Kindergarten/Childcare for ages 3 and 4
    5.) Tuition free college for those with household income less than $125,000.00
    6.) Allow student loans to be relieved in bankruptcy
    7.) LGBTQ+ Equality Act in the first 100 days in office
    8.) Rejoin the Paris Climate Accords
    9.) Decriminalize cannabis use and expunge convictions
    10.) Eliminate cash bail system
    11.) Eliminate mandatory minimum sentences
    12.) Outlaw all online firearm and munition sales
    13.) Restore the voting rights act
    14.) Create a new $20 billion competitive grant program to spur states to shift from incarceration to prevention
    15.) He’ll triple funding for Title I Programs
    16.) Appoint the first Black Woman to the Supreme Court of the United States
    17.) Reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)
    18.) Ensure the US achieves a 100% clean energy economy and net-zero emissions no later than 2050
    19.) Protecting Biodiversity, slowing extinction rates and helping leverage natural climate solutions
    20.) Develop a plan to ensure that America has the cleanest, safest and fastest rail system in the world, for both passengers and freight
    21.) Expand the safety net for survivors
    22.) Confront online harassment, abuse and stalking
    23.) End the rape kit backlog
    24.) Address the deadly combination of guns and domestic violence
    25.) Change the culture that enables domestic violence

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Gargle some bleach and stick a lightbulb where the sun don't shine. It will be grand. “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle—it will disappear.”

But, speaking of Biden, here's a list of things from his campaign he'll try to do once elected (first 25 of a much longer list). What do you think? Any issues with these goals?

1.) $15.00 federal minimum wage
    2.) Reinstate DACA – allowing new applicants to apply
    3.) 12 Weeks federal paid family leave
    4.) Universal Pre-Kindergarten/Childcare for ages 3 and 4
    5.) Tuition free college for those with household income less than $125,000.00
    6.) Allow student loans to be relieved in bankruptcy
    7.) LGBTQ+ Equality Act in the first 100 days in office
    8.) Rejoin the Paris Climate Accords
    9.) Decriminalize cannabis use and expunge convictions
    10.) Eliminate cash bail system
    11.) Eliminate mandatory minimum sentences
    12.) Outlaw all online firearm and munition sales
    13.) Restore the voting rights act
    14.) Create a new $20 billion competitive grant program to spur states to shift from incarceration to prevention
    15.) He’ll triple funding for Title I Programs
    16.) Appoint the first Black Woman to the Supreme Court of the United States
    17.) Reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)
    18.) Ensure the US achieves a 100% clean energy economy and net-zero emissions no later than 2050
    19.) Protecting Biodiversity, slowing extinction rates and helping leverage natural climate solutions
    20.) Develop a plan to ensure that America has the cleanest, safest and fastest rail system in the world, for both passengers and freight
    21.) Expand the safety net for survivors
    22.) Confront online harassment, abuse and stalking
    23.) End the rape kit backlog
    24.) Address the deadly combination of guns and domestic violence
    25.) Change the culture that enables domestic violence

So you don't care about the accusation on National TV that Bidens son took money from the Russians and the Chinese?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

He will try todo ...
    because he didnt have enough time in the last 47 years of public office to get this done...
    sleepy Joe, give me more time .. I need more than 47 years to accomplish something

the left are hilarious ..

its like them inviting the cowboy builder who left a leaky roof and cracked walls back to put on their new extension and planning to pay him even more money ...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

RIGOLO wrote: »
    He will try todo ...
    because he didnt have enough time in the last 47 years of public office to get this done...
    sleepy Joe, give me more time .. I need more than 47 years to accomplish something

the left are hilarious ..

its like them inviting the cowboy builder who left a leaky roof and cracked walls back to put on their new extension and planning to pay him even more money ...

You don't understand how the US government works do you? No surprise. A Senator on their own is powerless to implement sweeping reform.

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    You don't understand how the US government works do you? No surprise. A Senator on their own is powerless to implement sweeping reform.

He was VP for 8 years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement