Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

namloc1980 wrote: »
    You don't understand how the US government works do you? No surprise. A Senator on their own is powerless to implement sweeping reform.

yeah if only he had like had a bigger role like VP for 8 years or somethign liek that..

the education system.. wtf is going on there :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

He was VP for 8 years.

Even a President not to mind a VP (who is pretty powerless) can't implement policy on their own e.g. Mexico will pay for the wall etc.

RIGOLO wrote: »
    yeah if only he had like had a bigger role like VP for 8 years or somethign liek that..

the education system.. wtf is going on there :eek::eek:

You reckon a VP can implement sweeping reforms???? HAHAHA you truly haven't a clue. Put away the internet, you've had enough.

Biden shared a stage with him. I wonder will he be in danger of having the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Even a President not to mind a VP (who is pretty powerless) can't implement policy on their own e.g. Mexico will pay for the wall etc.

I don't know about that...didn't he play as huge role in the 1994 Violent Crime act, the largest Crime Bill in the history of the US...that many believed led to the mass incarceration of predominantly black men for often non violent crimes..in fact, isn't that one of Biden's only real legacy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Biden shared a stage with him. I wonder will he be in danger of having the virus.
    I'd say he will be ok, Biden was on the left....Trump on the far right....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

gmisk wrote: »
    I'd say he will be ok, Biden was on the left....Trump on the far right....

You're left or my left?

You reckon a VP can implement sweeping reforms???? HAHAHA you truly haven't a clue. Put away the internet, you've had enough.

could be worse I could be rooting for the guy who accomplished little in 47 years

think I will stick with the guy who did more in 47 months than your guy who people have to google to find out an accomplishment, and this after 47 years of public office....

1351 days .. wow that karma has certainly triggered many people, Im not sure they will ever recover...that must have been hard waking up each of those mornings and the worst part is you were effectively hoping some 78 year old white guy would come along and be your saviour...

got to run have a blast folks, the markets call

• Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

You're left or my left?
    Ah who knows.
    But Bernie was there to the really far left probably...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

No, they can't but most of that list has been opposed by Joe, very successfully for his near half century in office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

There is a narrative fostered in the media and by some so called "liberals" that white supremacy is the problem, this despite actions of members of organised groups like ANTIFA and BLM that have been torching and vandalising premises, looting, injuring and killing people over the course of the last several months. "White supremacy" is a bogus concept taught in "resentment studies" courses by professors on university campuses. The last such organisation with any scale, the KKK, was destroyed several decades ago, yet today, there are groups organised well enough that hundreds, sometimes thousands, of their members always know exactly when and where to show up, and what weapons to bring in several cities across the USA and they don't wear white hoods, they wear black bloc.

Burning down police buildings, knocking statues off their pedestals, smashing windows, looting and vandalising stores, stopping cars and demanding the drivers pledge allegiance to BLM, banging drums outside politicians houses late into the night — was it the Proud Boys doing any of that?

Like many labels thrown around by the left, the term "white suprematist" has come to mean anyone we don’t like and can’t refute. The proud boys are a satirical take on the pejorative term Soy boys, you will sometimes see mocking of the left coast of America as the SOYviet Union, SOYmalia or Antifastan following the violence in cities like Portland, Oregon, Seattle, Washington (Chaz) or Berkeley, California.

I suppose it is easier to keep people distracted with ghosts rather than address issues like wars, deficits, inflation, taxes, employment or healthcare.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I suppose it is easier to keep people distracted with ghosts rather than address issues like wars, deficits, inflation, taxes, employment or healthcare.

Has trump addressed any of those issues in a meaningful way?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Maybe.

Trump was ranting and raving for almost a full 90 minutes.

He could have filled the venue.

I'd be getting a test if I were Chris Wallace.

Worth noting none of Trumps "people" that were at it wore a mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

What if he gets seriously ill? Could he be replaced on the ballot at this stage? Or if he is forced to withdraw (or worse) would that mean a walkover for Biden?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

MadYaker wrote: »
    Has trump addressed any of those issues in a meaningful way?

Nobody wants the easy money to stop especially US President Trump (and neither his opposition). Politicians across the world are pursing monetary policies that are misallocating resources and feeding violence as the policies benefit the top income tier in society whose assets increase in value. There is an initial benefit of these policies at the beginning to midpoint of the cycle since more people find opportunities to find employment. Eventually a monetary crisis must result. Trump like all the other politicians hope to not be around when it all goes to sh!t, that is why you see laws passed that don't take effect until long after the politicians have left office (e.g. all electric cars in 2030 with no power grid infrastructure to support this). To be fair he has not started this problem it has been building for decades, for instance he has not yet been able to stop the wars despite throwing shapes in that direction, and that really highlights the weakness of his presidency, his personality will only carry so far, he does not have an administration built up over time to be able to carry out his agenda like previous administrations and as a result it has setup a situation where his policies are stymied facing institutions that aim to maintain the status quo rather than reform.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

What if he gets seriously ill? Could he be replaced on the ballot at this stage? Or if he is forced to withdraw (or worse) would that mean a walkover for Biden?

He gets replaced.

Now if Pence was to get it and become seriously ill too.

Rise up President Nancy Pelosi.

Now that would be the greatest popcorn moment in the history of American Politics.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 56,479 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Why is Biden being called the Vice President and not the former Vice President?

Couple times on Byrne show this morning.

And Chris Wallace called him the Vice President at Tuesday‘s debate..

walshb wrote: »
    Why is Biden being called the Vice President and not the former Vice President?

Couple times on Byrne show this morning.

And Chris Wallace called him the Vice President at Tuesday‘s debate..

He retains his title. As do lots of former officials.

Wallace would have addressed Hilary as Madam Secretary in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Boggles wrote: »
    He gets replaced.

Now if Pence was to get it and become seriously ill too.

:)

Doesn't seem to be that clear:
    Both the Democratic and Republican parties have rules for how to choose a new candidate if their nominee dies or withdraws prior to the election.

The challenge with just 31 days until election day is that ballots have already been printed and early voting has begun, said UC Irvine law professor and voting expert Rick Hasen.

“What’s most likely that the election would take place on time with the deceased or incapacitated candidate’s name on the ballot,” Hasen wrote in a post on his Election Law Blog. “and then there would be a question if legislatures would allow presidential electors of each state to vote for someone other than the deceased candidate.”

Not every state has laws addressing this possibility, leading to more uncertainty.

“If we are unfortunate enough to have a presidential candidate die or become incapacitated this close to the election, what happens next is likely to be uncertain and messy,” Hasen said in a follow-up conversation. “It could leave room for political gaming as well under arcane rules of the electoral college.”

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-10-02/trump-covid-19-diagnosis-spells-campaign-trouble

I don't know about that...didn't he play as huge role in the 1994 Violent Crime act, the largest Crime Bill in the history of the US...that many believed led to the mass incarceration of predominantly black men for often non violent crimes..in fact, isn't that one of Biden's only real legacy?

Passed by the Senate by 95-4. I thought you guys were all in favour of Law & Order?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Do you think you are better informed than Trump and his campaign team when it comes to the risks of covid are concerned?

Given what has happened (Trump + entourage going maskless, aide being symptomatic, still no masks), do you think Trump and his campaign team were well informed on the risks of covid?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

The debate was shocking. Biden was horrendous and Trump was the same as 2016.

Biden was visibly upset and distracted by the comments about his son. Expect that to be dragged up again. Biden shouldn’t have brought up Russia collusion considering it’s now moot.

Trump as always talks repetitively which is frustrating.

Still looking forward to the next one. Maybe have a better host, Wallace was ****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭TexasTornado

Nabber wrote: »
    The debate was shocking. Biden was horrendous and Trump was the same as 2016.

Biden was visibly upset and distracted by the comments about his son. Expect that to be dragged up again. Biden shouldn’t have brought up Russia collusion considering it’s now moot.

Trump as always talks repetitively which is frustrating.

Still looking forward to the next one. Maybe have a better host, Wallace was ****.

Trump did what he always does, drags everyone down to his level. He's a complete idiot but so is Joe for falling for it. He literally had to look presidential and just stay calm and couldn't even do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Nabber wrote: »
    Biden shouldn’t have brought up Russia collusion considering it’s now moot.

Trump is Putin's little lapdog.

The collusion definitely happened, the fact that Trump had to stack all the enquiries, and actively fired people who found anything backs this up. Trump creates a wave of disinformation to protect himself, and some people fall for it given all evidence to the contrary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Trump acknowledging the damage of teaching systemic racism in colleges gives me hope
    He is the only one doing it, the only politician who isn't afraid to go against google/Facebook/Youtube new radical left.
    America needs trump now more than ever

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    Trump acknowledging the damage of teaching systemic racism in colleges gives me hope
    He is the only one doing it, the only politician who isn't afraid to go against google/Facebook/Youtube new radical left.

Trump's not right or left, he's just Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

steddyeddy wrote: »
    He's not right or left but especially not left.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Mic 1972 wrote: »

Ted Cruz talks about this stuff too and I think he would have made a better president back in 2016 but you are correct someone needs to battle that crap because it finds its way to every western country eventually.

steddyeddy wrote: »

Trump is right alot more often than most people think, but not as right as most people think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

ELM327 wrote: »
    He's not right or left but especially not left.

True but it's also a fact that both the right and left are against him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement