Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I've seen him denounce white supremicists repeatedly. Why do you say he hasn't?

I've seen him denounce it when reading the teleprompter (with the enthusiasm of someone reading out their shopping list), however again and again he flails when he is asked off the cuff.

Compare it to Biden, who when asked about white supremicists or violence at BLM protests has no problem doing it over and over again, providing a straight forward denouncement.

It is the easiest thing in the world and Trump has been struggling with it for about 6 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I've seen him denounce it when reading the teleprompter (with the enthusiasm of someone reading out their shopping list), however again and again he flails when he is asked off the cuff.

Compare it to Biden, who when asked about white supremicists or violence at BLM protests has no problem doing it over and over again, providing a straight forward denouncement.

It is the easiest thing in the world and Trump has been struggling with it for about 6 years now.

Ok. I'm not sure why the white supremist question keeps getting putting to him, or Biden for that matter, but like I said I've seen him denounce it multiple times. But if there are times where he's flailed what does that lead you to believe about him? That he is a white supremacist?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Ok. I'm not sure why the white supremist question keeps getting putting to him, or Biden for that matter, but like I said I've seen him denounce it multiple times. But if there are times where he's flailed what does that lead you to believe about him? That he is a white supremacist?

He's Trump supremacist. But he has absolutely no qualms about showing support for certain groups if it will get him votes. The reason the question keeps getting put to him is because he clearly has difficulty denouncing them for some reason...

MadYaker wrote: »
    He's Trump supremacist. But he has absolutely no qualms about showing support for certain groups if it will get him votes. The reason the question keeps getting put to him is because he clearly has difficulty denouncing them for some reason...

But like..he has condemned white supremacists..the organisations he has trouble condemning aren't white supremacist..they're just patriotic..

Joe Biden said a eulogy for a member of the KKK..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Was that a member or a former member? It makes a big difference.

• Advertisement

Was that a member or a former member? It makes a big difference.

Does it?.. Really like?..

He put poor aul Kamala Harris on a bus for black students..

MadYaker wrote: »

Trump did a better job during that "debate" of denouncing white supremacy and the proud boys than Biden did of denouncing antifa. He didn't denounce them at all. Why don't we see anyone from the media questioning Biden on this?

Does it?.. Really like?..

Well yes. Giving a eulogy for a former member who renounced them and voted for the 1968 civil rights act is very different. It's the difference between Zuko and Azula.

I'm sure you weren't trying to imply anything nefarious by leaving out that word.

Well yes. Giving a eulogy for a former member who renounced them and voted for the 1968 civil rights act is very different. It's the difference between Zuko and Azula.

I'm sure you weren't trying to imply anything nefarious by leaving out that word.

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/29/us/politics/29byrd.html?pagewanted=all

Seems he was a little more than a member. He started a chapter in the 1940s and recruited 150 people!

According to him he say the error of his ways. But still it wasn't like he just fell in with the wrong crowd. He started a f***ing chapter. You carry that forever.

Trump did a better job during that "debate" of denouncing white supremacy and the proud boys than Biden did of denouncing antifa. He didn't denounce them at all. Why don't we see anyone from the media questioning Biden on this?

Have you checked in with reality to see if it matches with these fascinating ideas in your post? I'm getting a sense of deja vu where I'm reminded of the "Why isn't Biden doing interviews" crowd being told "He just did one last night".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Danzy wrote: »
    Everyone should wear masks.

WH Chief of Staff Meadows met with reporters moments after meeting with Covid-positive POTUS this morning. Asked why he wasn't wearing a mask his brain apparently short circuited:
    “I’ve obviously been tested,” Meadows replied. “We’re hopefully more than six feet away and if there’s any concern there from a guidance standpoint — we have protocols in place.”

What then followed was an oddly elliptical word salad of guideline and mitigation verbiage, which added up to making very little sense. Meadows prattled:

“You know, when — when — when early — early on when we first started to tackle the covid-19 battle, we actually did two different things in the white house. A number of contingencies as we looked at not only additional testing but certainly mitigating the risk for social distancings, and private meetings and the likes and I think it goes to the broader question and even with a lot of mitigating factor, Jim, what — what you have is a virus that is contagious, that certainly continues to be regardless of whatever protocol we have, that it has the ability to affect everybody. As you know, the president, we keep a pretty wide circle. All of you that have interacted with him know that so even with the wide circle around the president we find that he’s having to deal with this like so many millions of other Americans and people around the world have had to do.”

https://www.mediaite.com/uncategorized/jim-acosta-confronts-mark-meadows-for-not-wearing-a-mask-minutes-after-meeting-with-covid-positive-trump/

But like..he has condemned white supremacists..the organisations he has trouble condemning aren't white supremacist..they're just patriotic..

There is decent evidence that Trump's father was a supporter if not a member of the KKK

Have you checked in with reality to see if it matches with these fascinating ideas in your post? I'm getting a sense of deja vu where I'm reminded of the "Why isn't Biden doing interviews" crowd being told "He just did one last night".

He's done multiple interviews since the debate even.

Can you please just say what it is you mean instead of resorting to that kind of crap.

And I'm not talking about how often Biden does interviews. I'm talking about his failure to denounce antifa. So I have no idea why you're getting deja vu.

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/29/us/politics/29byrd.html?pagewanted=all

Seems he was a little more than a member. He started a chapter in the 1940s and recruited 150 people!

According to him he say the error of his ways. But still it wasn't like he just fell in with the wrong crowd. He started a f***ing chapter. You carry that forever.

That's an opinion which you're entitled to have.

And I'm not talking about how often Biden does interviews. I'm talking about his failure to denounce antifa. So I have no idea why you're getting deja vu.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-condemns-antifa-violent-protests

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/08/31/trump-allies-keep-accusing-biden-not-condemning-violence-shortly-after-biden-condemns-violence/

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1300164706007740416?s=20

Aug. 25: Biden campaign spokeswoman Symone Sanders denounces “burning down communities and needless destruction” in Kenosha, Wis.

Aug. 26 at 3:04 p.m.: Biden says in a video and tweet, “Burning down communities is not protest, it’s needless violence — violence that endangers lives, violence that guts businesses, and shutters businesses that serve the community. That’s wrong.” He adds: “We need to end the violence — and peacefully come together to demand justice.”

Aug. 26 at 9:10 p.m.: Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) tweets a clip from an appearance on Fox News host Tucker Carlson’s show, alleging, “Joe Biden won’t call out the rioting & looting & burning around the nation b/c he’s in thrall to the Marxist Left.”

Biden had clearly called out the violence — citing “burning,” specifically — just a few hours prior.

Trump’s convention speech
    Aug. 27 around 3 p.m.: Democratic vice-presidential nominee Kamala D. Harris says: “We must always defend peaceful protests and peaceful protesters. We should not confuse them with those looting and committing acts of violence, including the shooter who was arrested for murder [Kyle Rittenhouse]. And make no mistake: We will not let these vigilantes and extremists derail the path to justice.”

Aug. 27 around 11 p.m.: Trump says in his convention speech, “During their convention, Joe Biden and his supporters remained completely silent about the rioters and criminals spreading mayhem in Democrat-run cities.”

Trump’s comment notably came the day after Biden’s video and Sanders’s comment. Democrats indeed didn’t say much of anything about the violence at protests at their convention — but that convention came before the police shooting of Jacob Blake in Kenosha, Wis., reignited the scenes of unrest.

Could they have said more about previous scenes of unrest then? Trump is arguing they should have. But to suggest they ignored the topic after three successive days of comments denouncing violence — and to focus on a Democratic convention that came before things deteriorated — is misleading.

After George Floyd’s death
    May 29: Biden tells CNN that people “have a right to be, in fact, angry and frustrated. And more violence, hurting more people, isn’t going to answer the question.”

May 31: Biden says: “Protesting such brutality is right and necessary; it’s an utterly American response. But burning down communities and needless destruction is not. Violence that endangers lives is not. Violence that guts and shutters businesses that serve the community is not.”

June 2: Biden says that “there is no place for violence, no place for looting or destroying property or burning churches, or destroying businesses — many of them built by people of color who for the first time were beginning to realize their dreams and build wealth for their families.”

June 20: Trump cites unrest in Seattle in a speech and says that “Biden remains silent in his basement in the face of this brutal assault on our nation and the values of our nation.”

George Floyd was killed on May 25. Within the next eight days, Biden condemned the use of violence at least three times. Yet Trump still accused him of remaining “silent” on the topic.

“Anarchists”

July 28: Biden says: “I’ve said from the outset of the recent protests that there is no place for violence or the destruction of property. Peaceful protesters should be protected — but arsonists and anarchists should be prosecuted — and local law enforcement can do that.”

Aug. 27: Trump says in his convention speech, “In the face of left-wing anarchy and mayhem in Minneapolis, Chicago, and other cities, Joe Biden’s campaign did not condemn it.”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1312065485400346625
    Now clap for that you stupid bastards

Because it is politics. Both sides try to tie the other to elements that the voter in the middle finds unappealing. For Biden, that is violence at protests/ANTIFA, for Trump far right groups.

Trump does what benefits Trump, specifically his ego. He doesn't want to offend any of his core base or anyone that he sees as being on his 'side', be it white supremicists, confederate flag/statue lovers, militia members, other far right groups, conspiracy theorists, even the KKK.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    There is decent evidence that Trump's father was a supporter if not a member of the KKK

But like..he declared them a terrorist organisation last week?..

• Advertisement

Can't this be put to bed now?

That will surely do it..They definitely won't be saying the same thing tomorrow..

That will surely do it..They definitely won't be saying the same thing tomorrow..

No way, I think they get it now.

Can you please just say what it is you mean instead of resorting to that kind of crap.

I'll explain. Around a month ago, we had posters coming in asking "Why isn't Biden doing interviews?". That in itself isn't too bad. The only small problem was, that had they gone and done the most basic of checks, they would have found that Biden was, in fact, doing interviews. It was obvious that that these posters were somewhat poorly informed and were likely just repeating whatever they read on MAGA social media.

What I'm saying is, that your question reminds me of that. I have this funny feeling that you simply haven't checked and have believed whatever you read on social media and never questioned it to see if it was true. Biden has not only condemned antifa but he has also condemned the rioters at BLM protests. Had you simply googled "biden condemn antifa", you would have known this.

Instead, you ran in half-cocked after getting yourself misinformed somewhere and asked a question whose premise doesn't match reality. That's why I asked if you had checked with reality because it looks like you didn't.

Thats disavowing the KKK and David Duke.

So,

KKK: I totally disavow KKK and David Duke

Proud Boys: Stand back and stand by but I tell you what somebody has to do something about Antifa.

I love the fantastic add of the Trump 2000 clip, as it goes so nicely with his February 2016 remarks pretending to not know who David Duke even is, which prompted this debate exchange in March 2016 where he *finally* decided to abandon that ridiculous premise.

March 2016 phone call: 'of course I am' ready to disavow all forms of White supremacy (then doesn't)

March 2016: Another specific 'rejection' of KKK and David Duke

In 2017 we finally saw some half hearted attempts at condemning white supremacy which haven't panned out in 2020, as Trump has amped them up to "LIBERATE MICHIGAN" etc. and dog whistling to go to war with the Antifa and "Proud boys: Stand Back and Stand By."

But like..he declared them a terrorist organisation last week?..

No he didn't.

He 'vowed' to do so, and has done nothing about it since.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,675 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Billy Mays wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1312065485400346625
    Now clap for that you stupid bastards

Threadbanned

No way, I think they get it now.

Haha..yeah definitely..They're probably thankful you clarified the situation for them..It's been causing a few of them some obvious consternation..

I'll explain. Around a month ago, we had posters coming in asking "Why isn't Biden doing interviews?". That in itself isn't too bad. The only small problem was, that had they gone and done the most basic of checks, they would have found that Biden was, in fact, doing interviews. It was obvious that that these posters were somewhat poorly informed and were likely just repeating whatever they read on MAGA social media.

What I'm saying is, that your question reminds me of that. I have this funny feeling that you simply haven't checked and have believed whatever you read on social media and never questioned it to see if it was true. Biden has not only condemned antifa but he has also condemned the rioters at BLM protests. Had you simply googled "biden condemn antifa", you would have known this.

Instead, you ran in half-cocked after getting yourself misinformed somewhere and asked a question whose premise doesn't match reality. That's why I asked if you had checked with reality because it looks like you didn't.

I'm actually fully aware that Biden generally condemns antifa. He wasn't quite as clear about it in the debate, though I know he does, but I wanted to see if you would defend him. And you have. It's interesting to watch how you're bias against Trump is preventing you from acknowledging that he too has condemned white supremacy.

Be careful you don't fall down off that high horse.:pac:

Biden has not only condemned antifa but he has also condemned the rioters at BLM protests.

I'm actually fully aware that Biden generally condemns antifa. He wasn't quite as clear about it in the debate, though I know he does, but I wanted to see if you would defend him. And you have. It's interesting to watch how you're bias against Trump is preventing you from acknowledging that he too has condemned white supremacy.

Be careful you don't fall down off that high horse.:pac:

You asked a question, it was answered. Your response: "HA CAUGHT YOU"

:confused:

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »

You asked a question, it was answered. Your response: "HA CAUGHT YOU"

:confused:

Not in so many words but effectively yes that's right.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement