Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

The youth didn't go out and vote enough.

Some did, some didn't, he was never gonna get it, and the voters only played a small part in it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

sanders would never win an election

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

ELM327 wrote: »
    +1
    This is the crux of it.

To this day I can't understand why they didnt run on a ticket of Sanders to energize the youth.

Sanders doesn't seem mad by europe standards, but in America its like asking FG to run Paul Murphy for Taoiseach. Elections are expensive and even if the youth were behind sanders the whole way, the donors and many moderate voters wouldn't be.

The democrats 3 largest donors :
    Tom Steyer
    Donald Sussman
    James H. Simons

all 3 are billionaire fund managers,
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/24/us/politics/bernie-sanders-wealth-tax.html

America is FG vs renua not Pbp vs FG.

Based on what?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Disagree strongly, but I wouldn't worry about it, such a person may never be elected

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

And if they picked someone that was a minority or a woman there would have been an outcry about their obsession with identity politics...

If they came out and said they were picking a minority candidate on purpose then yes, if they said they were pickuing the best candidate who happened to be a minority then no.

Sanders doesn't seem mad by europe standards, but in America its like asking FG to run Paul Murphy for Taoiseach. Elections are expensive and even if the youth were behind sanders the whole way, the donors and many moderate voters wouldn't be.

The democrats 3 largest donors :
    Tom Steyer
    Donald Sussman
    James H. Simons

all 3 are billionaire fund managers,
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/24/us/politics/bernie-sanders-wealth-tax.html

America is FG vs renua not Pbp vs FG.

Oh I agree with the above alright, for sure. Sanders is mad left to a lot, myself included, but you have to do something different. No point running someone like Biden. He's not going to energize anyone. It will be like Bush vs Clinton in '92. Except with, ironically, Trump as Clinton.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Based on what?

based on american voters

If they came out and said they were picking a minority candidate on purpose then yes, if they said they were pickuing the best candidate who happened to be a minority then no.
    Exactly, and sadly Biden already showed that card saying his VP pick would be a woman, many more vocal Dems calling for it to be a minority for the same reasons.

the party probably begged and pleaded with Michelle Obama but she said no so they went down the list of 'black women who kind of remind us of michelle'

Its sad for Harris that I know I'm not alone in saying that its hard to get past thinking she's an identity politics pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It does look like America has further to sink so I suspect they may give him 4 more years. Will he last another term? Probably not. His health is clearly failing, he can’t do interviews without talking rambling nonsense, struggles to read from a teleprompter and then there’s the videos of him stumbling while walking and struggling to lift a glass of water to his mouth. He’s a total basket case who’s the laughing stock of the world but since Americans are mostly idiots he may well get another 4 years. It’ll be good entertainment anyway. Biden would be better for America but more boring for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Its sad for Harris that I know I'm not alone in saying that its hard to get past thinking she's an identity politics pick.

Which proves the point I made earlier...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Exactly, and sadly Biden already showed that card saying his VP pick would be a woman, many more vocal Dems calling for it to be a minority for the same reasons.

the party probably begged and pleaded with Michelle Obama but she said no so they went down the list of 'black women who kind of remind us of michelle'

She is an identity pick to appeal to the activist base, who like most progressives, left wing activists across the west are mostly young,white, well to do.

Harris is very unpopular with black men, understandably given her past actions.

It's not as bad as it was in Britain where Labour thought everyone else, especially the working class, were thinking like them.

Sanders hype is overblown.

The youth didn't go out and vote enough.

Sanders was running away with it until Obama rang around and sweet talked the other candidates into stepping aside and throwing the whole corporate stooge wing of the party behind Biden.

The same Democrats would rather Trump get another four years than someone like Sanders get elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

This

Dear Sub-Human Filth,

I'm appealing to all of you stupid idiots to vote Democrat in 2020. That is if you have the basic education enough to read a ballot, anyway. I understand the majority of you racist rednecks can't even read this post, though. But those who can, please pass my message on to the rest of your inbred family.

We Democrats are morally, culturally and intellectually superior to you in every way. I will qualify myself by noting that I have a Liberal Arts degree from a college, which you obviously have never been to, if you even know what one is. I also have a black friend. I have been told by several professors that everything you hold dear is terrible. Therefore you, personally, are also terrible.

I don't know you, but I know that you're racist. I also know that you hate gay people and still get scared during lightning storms. The religion which you hold closely, greatly believe in, and which brings you comfort--you are wrong because I'm smarter than you and I'm telling you so. It is one of the many reasons why you are stupid and I'm better than you.

You see, us Democrats want a system which helps everyone in the world. Our system is designed around love and kindness to everyone. If you don't agree, I hate you.

It's not too late to change. If you knew your history, which of course you don't, you'll remember a time in America when Indians were dragged away from their homes and forced to assimilate into white society. Well, we want to change that kind of behaviour (sorry for my spelling, as I'm not from your country) by making sure you go to college and have a small apartment in a big, busy coastal city, where you belong. That will help you rid yourselves of your backward, incorrect culture and way of thinking. We'll do everything we can to make sure you agree with us and say all the right things and not be brainwashed against thinking the same way we do.

All of you stupid, backward, redneck, racist, homophobic, uneducated yokels need to realize we're trying to build a classless society where we all get to live in harmony with each other, where we're all equal. If you only understood that you wouldn't be so much worse of a person than I am. So please vote Democrat. Help me help you, you worthless mother****ers.

Sincerely,

r/Politics

Amsong but that just about sums up how many feel about liberal posturing ...self regarding,entitled and phoney.

southstar wrote: »
    This

Dear Sub-Human Filth,

I'm appealing to all of you stupid idiots to vote Democrat in 2020. That is if you have the basic education enough to read a ballot, anyway. I understand the majority of you racist rednecks can't even read this post, though. But those who can, please pass my message on to the rest of your inbred family.

We Democrats are morally, culturally and intellectually superior to you in every way. I will qualify myself by noting that I have a Liberal Arts degree from a college, which you obviously have never been to, if you even know what one is. I also have a black friend. I have been told by several professors that everything you hold dear is terrible. Therefore you, personally, are also terrible.

I don't know you, but I know that you're racist. I also know that you hate gay people and still get scared during lightning storms. The religion which you hold closely, greatly believe in, and which brings you comfort--you are wrong because I'm smarter than you and I'm telling you so. It is one of the many reasons why you are stupid and I'm better than you.

You see, us Democrats want a system which helps everyone in the world. Our system is designed around love and kindness to everyone. If you don't agree, I hate you.

It's not too late to change. If you knew your history, which of course you don't, you'll remember a time in America when Indians were dragged away from their homes and forced to assimilate into white society. Well, we want to change that kind of behaviour (sorry for my spelling, as I'm not from your country) by making sure you go to college and have a small apartment in a big, busy coastal city, where you belong. That will help you rid yourselves of your backward, incorrect culture and way of thinking. We'll do everything we can to make sure you agree with us and say all the right things and not be brainwashed against thinking the same way we do.

All of you stupid, backward, redneck, racist, homophobic, uneducated yokels need to realize we're trying to build a classless society where we all get to live in harmony with each other, where we're all equal. If you only understood that you wouldn't be so much worse of a person than I am. So please vote Democrat. Help me help you, you worthless mother****ers.

Sincerely,

r/Politics

Amsong but that just about sums up how many feel about liberal posturing ...self regarding,entitled and phoney.

that is just some grade A ignorant hate speech right there.

What a load of BS
    That type of stuff will be as good as Hillary's "Deplorable" comment in '16 - which energised the right.

That's obviously written by someone on the Republican side on how they believe Democrat supporters think...

What a load of BS
    That type of stuff will be as good as Hillary's "Deplorable" comment in '16 - which energised the right.

So a parody letter is enough to energise the right? Jesus, it doesn't take much to get them going...

It wasn't clear on initial skim reading that it was a parody. It's a very good one as it is a perfect representation of the condescension espoused by a large cohort on the left.

It wasn't clear on initial skim reading that it was a parody. It's a very good one as it is a perfect representation of the condescension espoused by a large cohort on the left.

Seriously, it starts off 'Dear Sub-Human Filth'. How could it not be anymore clear?

Seriously, it starts off 'Dear Sub-Human Filth'. How could it not be anymore clear?
    It's a perfect representation of the holier than thou section of the left.
    People like that speak like that!

• Advertisement

Kind of like the whole 'Libtard Soy-boy Cuck' thing that's such a prominent part of online debate?

Kind of like the whole 'Libtard Soy-boy Cuck' thing that's such a prominent part of online debate?
    I've never seen 1 of those 3 words before.
    Cuck is a ridiculous word and should not be used.
    No comment on the first as I wish to retain my posting privileges here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Stereotypes do seem to work best when people keep parroting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

This

That is the viewpoint of many on the Left now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

About 40-45 states are a foregone conclusion.

The bookies have either party at short odds.

There's only a few states that decide the election, typically Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Florida and Michigan.

All these states have a strong urban/rural divide.

Biden will have to chase the rural and suburban voters, while Trump will have to convince enough city people in Milwaukee, Madison, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Detroit, etc to support him.

I really don't know the outcome. Three weeks ago, an American friend of mine (staunch Democrat) said that Biden would win a landslide victory. She is less confident now.

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    That is the viewpoint of many on the Left now.

Do you actually have any engagement with people on the left to know this to be true?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Do you actually have any engagement with people on the left to know this to be true?

29 years of living in NYC. They all had a similar attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭briany

Indeed - the first 2-3 years of Russian conspiracy theories on social media and in the mainstream media did the Presidency no favours.

Elements of that were proven true, so we can deal with that. QAnon, on the other hand...

This

Did you know HMS "Gullible" was the first UK ship built in the dreadnought class?

In all seriousness, you'd want to be pretty thick to think that was written by a liberal. But maybe that's my highly educated, high earning, elitist privilege at work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Did you know HMS "Gullible" was the first UK ship built in the dreadnought class?

It's a little known fact, but 64.3% of all stats found online are fabricated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement