Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,729 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

No, he said there were good people on both sides of a protests to take down a statue. He did not say the "side of White Supremacy" just as he didn't say the "side of scum Antifa". He did what a good leader should do and condemned the scum on both sides and praised those who were peaceful.

Eh, no he didn't - he said 'Sure' twice when asked was he willing to condemn white supremacy (and why wouldn't he, he has done many times - and Wallace knew that as he has asked him to do it before) and he also asked for a name of a group.

The fact that Wallace named the fcuking Proud Boys just shows you how big a problem white supremacy must be in America.

Fact remains: Trump denounced and disavowed white supremacists multiple times over the years and you and your fellow leftists ignored it so you could play Orange Man Bad as usual and hope it would damage him for Nov 3rd. About as disgusting as it gets.

Meanwhile, a guy who recruiting KKK members at a time when the KKK were killing black people and burning them out of their homes is spoken of as a racist and his past cited, and what do you all do?? You jump on here to defend him and say he has denounced the KKK and moan that it was relevant despite your own actions over the last few days.

About as hypocritical as it gets.

WTF are my actions over the last few days?

What do you honestly think he meant by "Stand back and stand by"?

I think he meant 'I gotta say so something, but I amn't going to undermine a support base'

What do you think he meant?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

WTF are my actions over the last few days?

Are you kidding me?

You've been running around Boards for three days saying Trump refused to denounce White Supremacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

I think he meant 'I gotta say so something, but I amn't going to undermine a support base'

What do you think he meant?

I think he didn't have a rehearsed line for denunciation and just ended up saying 'stand back' and 'stand by' when what he wanted to say was 'stand down'.

Are you kidding me?

You've been running around Boards for three days saying Trump refused to denounce White Supremacy.

He didn't denounce White Supremacy in the debate on Tuesday night.

Did you not watch it?

• Advertisement

I think he didn't have a rehearsed line for denunciation and just ended up saying 'stand back' and 'stand by' when what he wanted to say was 'stand down'.

If the President cannot say what he wanted to say about an easy picking topic during a debate then it is further evidence he is the wrong man in the wrong place.

They know damn well Trump was just trying to say whatever it was that Wallace wanted him to say. Sure look at all the times Trump disavowed racism and racists with no ambiguity whatsoever. Was it good enough for them then?? Nope, but we're all supposed to believe that had Trump just said 'Stand down' that they'd all been happy this time?? Ha. Nothing would please the left on this issue. They are insatiable on the matter and for good reason: accusations of Trump being a racist are largely all they have now that everything else they have thrown at him didn't work.

They know damn well Trump was trying to say what Wallace wanted. Sure look at all the times Trump disavowed with no ambiguity. Was it good enough for them then?? Nope, but we're all supposed to believe that had Trump just said 'Stand down' that they'd all been happy this time?? Ha. Nothing would please the left on this issue. They are insatiable on the matter and for good reason: racist against Trump are largely all they have now that everything else they have thrown at him didn't work.

You actually think it is a better message that he couldn't get his words right on such a simple topic? Seriously? Most powerful office in the world and the holder of it stumbled over trying to find the words to say white supremacists are terrible?
    And you have been suggesting here that Biden is sleepy and struggles to formulate his message?

Given you appear to have watched the debate, you happy to accept now that he did actually suggest using bleach to treat Covid?

If the President cannot say what he wanted to say about an easy picking topic during a debate then it is further evidence he is the wrong man in the wrong place.

He answered yes twice to the question "Do you condemn white supremacists?". His stance is clear on it is clear.

He answered yes twice to the question "Do you condemn white supremacists?". His stance is clear on it is clear.

You just said yourself that he was trying to say something else.
    Trying to say one thing, but actually saying a different thing, which is a different message is a text book example of something being unclear.

• Advertisement

You just said yourself that he was trying to say something else.
    Trying to say one thing, but actually saying a different thing, which is a different message is a text book example of something being unclear.

There's two things we're talking about.

1 is the question "Do you condemn white supremacists'?". To that he answered yes twice. So that can't be disputed and shouldn't be questioned anymore, he clearly denounced white supremacy.

2 is the proud boys. He told them to "stand back and stand by". Like I said, he seemed to be specifically looking for the words "stand down".

You actually think it is a better message that he couldn't get his words right on such a simple topic? Seriously? Most powerful office in the world and the holder of it stumbled over trying to find the words to say white supremacists are terrible?
    And you have been suggesting here that Biden is sleepy and struggles to formulate his message?

Given you appear to have watched the debate, you happy to accept now that he did actually suggest using bleach to treat Covid?

The power of the office is not necessarily a reflection of the aptitude of the man who holds it.

There's two things we're talking about.

1 is the question "Do you condemn white supremacists'?". To that he answered yes twice. So that can't be disputed and shouldn't be questioned anymore, he clearly denounced white supremacy.

Lol. Try again.
    His team felt the need to specifically address the matter in the days after the debate.
    His party called on him to clarify his views.
    Doesn't look like he did anything clearly does it.

Not to mind that, in the days after when asked about it, he said that he didn't know who the 'Proud Boys' were so why didn't he say that on Tuesday night instead of telling them what to do.
    2 is the proud boys. He told them to "stand back and stand by". Like I said, he seemed to be specifically looking for the words "stand down".

You're suggesting the President of the United States has weaker debating skills than your average 1st year secondary school student in Ireland.

Your efforts to overcome this fiasco is only shining more of a light on it at this point.

The power of the office is not necessarily a reflection of the aptitude of the man who holds it.

100% true in the case of the incumbent.

He has been CRYSTAL clear on the matter many many times now. Just watch the above clip and he has also given public address on the issue. The only reason he stumbled was because he was having to debate two people at the same time.

I never said Biden was sleepy. Sneaky, yes - but not sleepy.

d4fb01f72b8e246ff0f2a5ac2276d09f.jpg

I replied to you already.

He was speaking about future research and essentially asked if there was someway that the anti-viral qualities of antiseptics could be harnessed in some way for use inside the body. A silly question, no doubt, which I think he realized given that he then sarcastically said "You’re going to have to use medical doctors for that, right?."

He at no stage suggested though (nor said) that anyone should (or could) use "bleach" to "treat" Covid. Again, he was talking about a conversation that had already taken place with Bryan, in the context of future research.

100% true in the case of the incumbent.

I don't know if it surprises you that I agree.

He was speaking about future research and essentially asked if there was someway that the anti-viral qualities of antiseptics could be harnessed in some way for use inside the body. A silly question, no doubt, which I think he realized given that he then sarcastically said "You’re going to have to use medical doctors for that, right?."

He at no stage suggested though (nor said) that anyone should use "bleach" to "treat" Covid. Again, he was talking about a conversation that had already taken place with Bryan, in the context of future research.

And then I see the disinfectant, which knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that inside, or almost a cleaning?

The face of Dr Birx shows just how much sarcasm was involved. (Zero)

Trump is either entirely incompetent, or a terrible communicator who is also unable to observe the appropriate decorum in the midst of a pandemic as tens of thousands of his citizens die.

Which is he, in your view?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

And yet, for some reason, the white supremacists love him.

Whatever about those tv bits where he gets forced into a reluctant condemnation, the shíte at his rallies really seems to hit the spot for those guys. A scripted condemnation is worthless when on the same night he's birthering Omar or for some really odd reason, threatening suburban housewives with Corey Booker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Well he's successfully ignored it for months but looks like coronavirus is finally getting his attention and going to distract him from the election prep for a while. Could have an impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

https://lawandcrime.com/covid-19-pandemic/michigan-supreme-court-gov-gretchen-whitmer-broke-the-law-to-shut-down-the-state/?fbclid=IwAR1jETqVVjkDcQodorbIg35Gj2dzt56qGf5sSVJy992mrgL9l_P36Baot0Y

Michigan Supreme Court ruled that Gov's shutdown of the state was unlawful.

edit: "It is important to note that this ruling does not take effect for at least 21 days, and until then, my emergency declaration and orders retain the force of law." - Gov. Whitmer

If I understand it correctly it boils down to the emergency authority he cited has a design limit of 28 days, and re-declarations of emergency were ruled by the court to be in effect a nullification of the 28-day cut-off in the law.

• Advertisement

Lol. Try again.
    His team felt the need to specifically address the matter in the days after the debate.
    His party called on him to clarify his views.

Because the same question continues to be asked. And answered. Over. And over.
    Not to mind that, in the days after when asked about it, he said that he didn't know who the 'Proud Boys' were so why didn't he say that on Tuesday night instead of telling them what to do.
    Why do you think he didn't say that?

You're suggesting the President of the United States has weaker debating skills than your average 1st year secondary school student in Ireland.

How have I suggested that? lol. Not that I think he's some intellectual or anything.

"And then I see the disinfectant, which knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that inside, or almost a cleaning?"
    The face of Dr Birx shows just how much sarcasm was involved. (Zero)

Trump is either entirely incompetent, or a terrible communicator who is also unable to observe the appropriate decorum in the midst of a pandemic as tens of thousands of his citizens die.

Which is he, in your view?

Both the video AND the quote you used were entirely out of context and you did that for a reason: so you could make it appear as if Trump was just saying "Supposing you brought the light..." etc etc out of the blue but again that is NOT what happened at all.

As I explained in my post which I linked you to, Trump was in fact referencing a conversation that he already had with Bryan [timestamped with verbatim quotes below]:

"So I asked Bill a QUESTION that probably some of you were thinking of, if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting:

"So, SUPPOSING we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light [Trump speaks to Bryan] and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it.

"And then I said SUPPOSING you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way.

"And I THINK YOU SAID YOU ARE GOING TO TEST THAT too. [Bryan confirms].

"Right, and then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And IS THERE A WAY WE CAN DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT by injection, inside, or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs

"So IT'D BE INTERESTING TO CHECK THAT.

[SARCASM]"So, you’re going to have to use medical doctors, right?"[/SARCASAM]

"It SOUNDS INTERESTING TO ME, so we'll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute.

"That’s pretty powerful."

So, you see: at no stage did he tell (or suggest that) anyone should use bleach to treat Covid.

The truth matters and if you want to condemn him for asking those questions of Bryan and telling us all about it, so be it, do that - but lying about him saying stuff he didn't just screams desperation.

Oh and by the way, while such questions in the context of bleach and Isopropyl alcohol weren't the brightest, merely wondering if the qualities of disinfectants could be harnessed in some way, so that they could be of benefit inside the body, is likely what first led to people to placing essential oils in hot water so that they could then inhale the steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

The truth matters

It can’t matter that much to you when you support a pathological liar.

Both the video AND the quote you used were entirely out of context and you did that for a reason: so you could make it appear as if Trump was just saying "Supposing you brought the light..." etc etc out of the blue but again that is NOT what happened at all.

As I explained in my post which I linked you to, Trump was in fact referencing a conversation that he already had with Bryan [timestamped with verbatim quotes below]:

So, you see: at no stage did he tell (or suggest that) anyone should use bleach to treat Covid.

The truth matters and if you want to condemn him for asking those questions of Bryan and telling us all about it, so be it, do that - but lying about him saying stuff he didn't just screams desperation.

Oh and by the way, while such questions in the context of bleach and Isopropyl alcohol weren't the brightest, merely wondering if the qualities of disinfectants could be harnessed in some way, so that they could be of benefit inside the body, is likely what first led to people to placing essential oils in hot water so that they could then inhale the steam.

If you cannot see how the words 'And IS THERE A WAY WE CAN DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT by injection, inside, or almost a cleaning....' from Trump in the absolute context of which he delivered those press briefings day after day was not interpreted as advocating somehow for the use of disinfectant/bleach, then that is on you.

And, the content you have shown above specifically indicates that if had ineed used sarcasm (which I don't believe he had) that it was for some bizarre reason in realation to using medical Dr's like someone had just clarified for him off camera that a Phd in History or something would not be an adequate qualification for such a task. And even with this in mind, it still doesn't reflect his comment at the debate where he said he was using sarcasm specifically in relation to the bleach statement.

And if it was sarcasm, where was the evidence of that on Dr Birx's face? Her demeanor changed to as if she had just seen a ghost.

You're trying to dig yourself/him out of a hole. Nobody is buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭patnor1011

It can’t matter that much to you when you support a pathological liar.

In case you did not notice yet every us president or candidate or politicians (including ours) are pathological liars.

patnor1011 wrote: »
    In case you did not notice yet every us president or candidate or politicians (including ours) are pathological liars.

Can you give examples how say, MAry McAleese, Michael D Higgins, Barack Obama, lied to the extent you would consider the word pathological appropriate.

Bear in mind, Trump has demonstrably done so 20,000 times while in office (up to July of this year).

I agree that all politicians (all public figures most likely) are economical with the truth, but these are not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,579 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

patnor1011 wrote:

Liars, yup, pathological, no, certainly nowhere near as bad as himself

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Well he's successfully ignored it for months but looks like coronavirus is finally getting his attention and going to distract him from the election prep for a while. Could have an impact.

Don’t discount the sympathy vote- “save our president” - I can see it now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

The truth matters
    Oh Pete...

UltimateCavernousGnat-size_restricted.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,606 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

His response was "Sure." That's only slightly different than saying "Yes." He wasn't forceful, and it was dragged out of him, basically. If he meant it, he would've been more forceful.

If he instead said, "Absolutely, completely in every form" which he may have said in the past at least once, or even referenced himself saying it, people would have more confidence in him on this issue. "Stand by" is absolutely "Hey, I may call on you later."

I wouldn't be surprised if the Proud vermin weren't printing shirts with "We're standing by, Mr. President!" by now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement