Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I'd be surprised if most Irish Trump supporters had ever even left their own village, never mind set foot in America.

The ones I know never have. The Trump supporters on here are asking for evidence that Trump lies FFS. I'd be surprised if they were allowed drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

It absolutely does not.

If a group of white nationalists have marched carrying Tiki torches through a US city, you don't try to suggest some on the fringes weren't doing such things. Doing so is projecting sympathy towards people involved in such a march and allowing them to use the excuse, 'Oh I wasn't one of those people, I was just standing peacefully at the back admiring them'

You leave no room for ambiguity.

You didn't fcuking say that Obama went to the memorial of five murdered police officers and begged (in front of those cop's grieving families) asked them to not dismiss the concerns of those whose narrative had influenced that racist to murder those officers:
    "We cannot simply turn away and dismiss those in peaceful protest as troublemakers or paranoid. We can't simply dismiss it as a symptom of political correctness or reverse racism. To have your experience denied like that, dismissed by those in authority, dismissed perhaps even by your white friends and coworkers and fellow church members again and again and again -- it hurts"

So why was it okay for Obama to point out that there were fine people among those BLM protesters with legitimate concerns (right after one of them murdered 5 police officers) but yet Donald Trump can't point that there were fine people in Charlottesville that day who didn't want that statue taken down? Why the double standard? Wouldn't be because it's difficult for you folks to wrap your head around the fact that there are decent people in the world that don't share the views of liberals now would it.

The portrayal of Donald Trump as someone who believes in white supremacy and dog whistles at Neo-Nazis is where the propaganda is.

It's amazing how you folks can so casually lie about Trump as much as you all do and yet then see others as the ones not grounded in reality.
    You've literally interpreted everything Trump says to suit your narrative. It's highly dishonest and then you'll be outraged that people don't take you seriously.

Also Pete, can you name some of the 'fine people' who marched with the tiki torches, a single one? Also worth remembering that a woman had just been murdered at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,606 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

memorial of five murdered police officers and begged (in front of those cop's grieving families) asked them to not dismiss the concerns of those whose narrative had influenced that racist to murder those officers:
    Hmm... a sad event from 2016 that a notorious wing-nut blogger Mark Davis of Dallas wrote about, and took the opportunity to slag Obama. Yeah, that's a reliable source all right.

https://www.dmagazine.com/frontburner/2018/02/mark-davis-continues-to-embarrass-the-dallas-morning-news/

So why was it okay for Obama to point out that there were fine people among those BLM protesters with legitimate concerns (right after one of them murdered 5 police officers) but yet Donald Trump can't point that there were fine people in Charlottesville that day who didn't want that statue taken down? Why the double standard? Wouldn't be because it's difficult for you folks to wrap your head around the fact that there are decent people in the world that don't share the views of liberals now would it.

Because only Mark Davis believes that. If you instead of digging out long-refuted rw garbage like Davis, actually *read* the speech, I doubt you'd reach the same conclusions. Try and do better next time.

https://time.com/4403543/president-obama-dallas-shooting-memorial-service-speech-transcript/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Wow! the amount of lies in those links above.

If that doesn't convince Outlaw Pete I don't know what will!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,729 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

You didn't fcuking say that Obama went to the memorial of five murdered police officers and begged (in front of those cop's grieving families) asked them to not dismiss the concerns of those whose narrative had influenced that racist to murder those officers:

Because one group is advocating for the equal and fair treatment of all sectors of society and for the most ethical form of police operations which meets the needs of the society which funds it.

And the other is arguing that whites are inherently a more capable, praiseworthy, intelligent and dominant race.

Do you really think both these groups are of equal standing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

You didn't fcuking say that Obama went to the memorial of five murdered police officers and begged (in front of those cop's grieving families) asked them to not dismiss the concerns of those whose narrative had influenced that... .

When all else fails wheel out brown man bad argument

• Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

“But Obama”

Seriously, Pete?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Overheal wrote: »
    “But Obama”

Seriously, Pete?

This is the same guy who screams "DEFLECTION" When Trump gets mentioned:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

How anyone can claim he's not a pathological liar is beyond me.

• Advertisement

Both the video AND the quote you used were entirely out of context and you did that for a reason: so you could make it appear as if Trump was just saying "Supposing you brought the light..." etc etc out of the blue but again that is NOT what happened at all.

As I explained in my post which I linked you to, Trump was in fact referencing a conversation that he already had with Bryan [timestamped with verbatim quotes below]:

So, you see: at no stage did he tell (or suggest that) anyone should use bleach to treat Covid.

The truth matters and if you want to condemn him for asking those questions of Bryan and telling us all about it, so be it, do that - but lying about him saying stuff he didn't just screams desperation.

Oh and by the way, while such questions in the context of bleach and Isopropyl alcohol weren't the brightest, merely wondering if the qualities of disinfectants could be harnessed in some way, so that they could be of benefit inside the body, is likely what first led to people to placing essential oils in hot water so that they could then inhale the steam.

[SARCASM]****ing lol. Great to have you back pete[/SARCASAM]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

I would like to welcome Rudy Giuliani to this website!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

How anyone can claim he's not a pathological liar is beyond me.

It's actually the most astounding part of this presidency to me. I remember logging into redbrick back in the day and running slrn and it had people who supported Bush 2 and people who didn't. The big difference between then and now was that the Bush supporters (mostly one person who's handle started with O) were still firmly grounded in reality. There would be disagreement about things like supply-side economics but both sides of the arguments still shared the same facts.

Today, though is a very different world. Now, it's like there's a Trump reality and everyone else's. The crowd size one is a good example of this. It's easily quantified and yet there were pages of arguments about it nearly 4 years ago. Instead at looking at the facts and coming to a conclusion, they start with the confusion and warp the facts.

It really is weird to think what a cult of personality can do to people's minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Oh Pete...

UltimateCavernousGnat-size_restricted.gif

Oh that was glorious. Well played Sir...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭patnor1011

It is funny to watch how people can get so agitated about some other country president. It looks nearly as an obsession of some sort. Perhaps some psychologists create new diagnoses like trumpophobia or putinphobia...

Ok I bite. I could not care less about Trump other than he made me some good money when I put a bet on him winning last time. Since every single one of main candidates and presidents are liars by default it make no sense counting lies they say as mostly everything they say is a lie. Some of their presidents even lied under oath.
    What is more interesting than pathetic counting of 20k lies is stuff like body count.
    Have a look at last 10 presidents for example and see how many lives were destroyed by their doing. In this instance Trump looks like a saint compared to the rest of them. Trump did not started any war - he inherited some but at least he is not some warmongering psychopat who is killing hundreds of thousands of the people worldwide in the name of democracy.

patnor1011 wrote: »
    It is funny to watch how people can get so agitated about some other country president. It looks nearly as an obsession of some sort. Perhaps some psychologists create new diagnoses like trumpophobia or putinphobia...

Ok I bite. I could not care less about Trump other than he made me some good money when I put a bet on him winning last time. Since every single one of main candidates and presidents are liars by default it make no sense counting lies they say as mostly everything they say is a lie. Some of their presidents even lied under oath.
    What is more interesting than pathetic counting of 20k lies is stuff like body count.
    Have a look at last 10 presidents for example and see how many lives were destroyed by their doing. In this instance Trump looks like a saint compared to the rest of them. Trump did not started any war - he inherited some but at least he is not some warmongering psychopat who is killing hundreds of thousands of the people worldwide in the name of democracy.

How do you know this? Trump stopped reporting on drone strikes when he took office as it was shown drone strikes and civilian deaths increased when he took office. We haven't had drone strike or estimated civilian deaths numbers for over three years now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Hand in Your Pants

How do you know this? Trump stopped reporting on drone strikes when he took office as it was shown drone strikes and civilian deaths increased when he took office. We haven't had drone strike or estimated civilian deaths numbers for over three years now.

I think you'd need to have a fairly contorted view of reality to not see that Trump has had a less malign effect on other countries (less military adventures, fomented rebellions etc.) than the last half dozen US presidents.

You've literally interpreted everything Trump says to suit your narrative. It's highly dishonest and then you'll be outraged that people don't take you seriously.

Also Pete, can you name some of the 'fine people' who marched with the tiki torches, a single one? Also worth remembering that a woman had just been murdered at the time.

Where are the interviews with these "fine people?"

I think you'd need to have a fairly contorted view of reality to not see that Trump has had a less malign effect on other countries (less military adventures, fomented rebellions etc.) than the last half dozen US presidents.

But how do you know? Trump ordered reporting of drone strikes to end, for all you know he has ordered the killing of more civilians than the last 3 presidents but due to not reporting on strikes/deaths we may never know.

patnor1011 wrote: »

Wait until you hear about a disease called Covid-19 which has killed more US people than have died in any war outside of WWII and the American Civil war, a number which is also more than all US military deaths in all wars and conflicts since WWII

• Advertisement

Wait until you hear about a disease called Covid-19 which has killed more US people than have died in any war outside of WWII and the American Civil war, a number which is also more than all US military deaths in all wars and conflicts since WW!!

Do you think he's actually one of the four horsemen, the bringer of pestilence?

You're ridiculous at times..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

Wait until you hear about a disease called Covid-19 which has killed more US people than have died in any war outside of WWII and the American Civil war, a number which is also more than all US military deaths in all wars and conflicts since WW!!
    Trump caused COVID-19? Ahhh now, yer grabbing at straws.

Not a trump fan at all, but the above statement is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Trump's own base believes COVID-19 either doesn't exist or masks are evil or both.

That comes from him.

Look at the number of republican representatives compared to democrats coming down with coronavirus.

You don't need to ask why, we all know why - ignorance and stupidity.

Improper messages, false information and lies have been spread from the start.

It all starts with Trump.

He is hopelessly unfit to manage anything (this was known long before he was president, it's not news).

NSAman wrote: »

His complete mismanagement and attempts at political grandstanding made the situation a lot worse however.

Well this behavior is alarming:

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1312486807670386688?s=21

How much of this will we start seeing?

Do you think he's actually one of the four horsemen, the bringer of pestilence?

You're ridiculous at times..
    NSAman wrote: »

None of the other Presidents being held responsible for war deaths physically pulled the trigger or dropped bombs either, but the record of the conflicts the US was involved in during their time is being associated with them.

You think that Trump's handling of a pandemic which he had a 3 month heads up on cannot be referenced in the same way? Why not?

Should Bill Clinton have allowed the ethnic cleansing to continue in the former Yugoslavia?
    George Bush Seniors foray was after Saddam had invaded Kuwait.
    George Bush Jnr probably wouldn't have started the conflicts he did if he was surrounded by very military focused advisers and senior administration officials.
    Obama was heavily influenced by wars which had started before he became President, or standing by while violent crackdowns were happening during the Arab Spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Well this behavior is alarming:

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1312486807670386688?s=21

How much of this will we start seeing?

Well, Trump did say he'd pay the legal fees of those who assault the opposing side so...

The fish rots from the head down.

Where are the interviews with these "fine people?"

I don't think Pete is gonna offer a response...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

LOL Someone has compiled all of Bidens racist moments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I think it takes a contorted view to believe otherwise, especially how he has restricted reporting. Trump took what many would regard as the single most aggressive action by a president in a decade by assassinating an Iranian leader. It was pure luck that this didn't lead to a huge war.

You also need to take into account the lives and destruction Trump didn't try to stop or even caused. Look at what happened in Syria, Yemen, and the death of the Kurdish people when he pulled out military there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement