Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I think it takes a contorted view to believe otherwise, especially how he has restricted reporting. Trump took what many would regard as the single most aggressive action by a president in a decade by assassinating an Iranian leader. It was pure luck that this didn't lead to a huge war.

You also need to take into account the lives and destruction Trump didn't try to stop or even caused. Look at what happened in Syria, Yemen, and the death of the Kurdish people when he pulled out military there.

Compare how many bombs this presidency has dropped with others. I’m baffled anyone could think Trump has been some kind of pacifist.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Those recent polls look horrendous for trump but tbh I don't trust them...I wish I did

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Wait until you hear about a disease called Covid-19 which has killed more US people than have died in any war outside of WWII and the American Civil war, a number which is also more than all US military deaths in all wars and conflicts since WWII

First of Trump has pretty much nothing to do with how many americans died with covid. The same as Angela Merkel has nothing to do with how many Germans died with covid. Or as Varadkar and Martin have not much to do with how many of Irish died with covid.

Second you forgot to exclude Vietnam war which killed more US people than those who died with covid there.
    It is also funny to argue that more americans died with covid than americans killed in a war.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Cirrus Incus

It's crazy that there's so many Trump sympathisers in Ireland. Scary stuff. All this American conspiracy and scamdemic ****e has infected the country.

How do you know this? Trump stopped reporting on drone strikes when he took office as it was shown drone strikes and civilian deaths increased when he took office. We haven't had drone strike or estimated civilian deaths numbers for over three years now.

Drone strikes under Trump hardly killed more people than Bush and Clinton's Iraq and Afghanistan adventure or Obama's Libya and Syria regime change.

• Advertisement

It's crazy that there's so many Trump sympathisers in Ireland. Scary stuff. All this American conspiracy and scamdemic ****e has infected the country.

I would estimate that he as many sympathizers as he has haters. Nevertheless, it is fun to watch both camps going full retard to show how their point is more accurate mostly by twisting facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dockysher

Trump for sam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

He is also living for free in the heads of those with Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Another data point, what Americans may be thinking after the debate, marginally in favour of Trump.

trumpwon.png

source

You can also break it down by region in state.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Whats the Trump supporters views on him leaving hospital and immediately putting his secret service guys lives in danger?
    Please use the sharing tools found via the share button at the top or side of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email licensing@ft.com to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found here.
    https://www.ft.com/content/f331c9b9-6f2b-4cd5-831c-00cc10929940

“Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary presidential ‘drive-by’ just now has to be quarantined for 14 days,” Dr Phillips tweeted. “They might get sick. They may die. For political theatre. Commanded by Trump to put their lives at risk for theatre. This is insanity.”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Whats the Trump supporters views on him leaving hospital and immediately putting his secret service guys lives in danger?
    It is what it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,606 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

patnor1011 wrote: »
    First of Trump has pretty much nothing to do with how many americans died with covid. The same as Angela Merkel has nothing to do with how many Germans died with covid. Or as Varadkar and Martin have not much to do with how many of Irish died with covid.

Second you forgot to exclude Vietnam war which killed more US people than those who died with covid there.
    It is also funny to argue that more americans died with covid than americans killed in a war.

Uhh.. 58k casualties for the US in Vietnam.

208k dead from Covid and counting (Vietnam war ended in case you weren't aware of that.)

I agree, there's no point in arguing war casualties versus Covid.

As for Trump having 'pretty much nothing to do,' his delayed responses and constant denialism about the illness had plenty to do with the large number of deaths. Did you see the latest study on Covid false information and who is the majority source of it? That'd be Trump.

Failure to invoke the DPA and increase mask production, failure to provide a standard nationwide for reopening, attempts to reopen the economy based on lies (remember it was all going away by Easter?) Plenty to do with the deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Are you seriously trying to spin that the president who laughed at others wearing masks, advocated injecting all sorts into ones body to fight the virus, held mass rallies, claimed it was a democratic thing has had absolutely no affect on the outcome for his country?

Really.

Vietnam war had under 60,000 US casualties and covid has had a couple of hundred thousand.
    As they say in the US, you do the Maths.

Facts aren't your strong point so I can see how you would be a Trump supporter. :rolleyes:

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Total confirmed Covid cases per million of population for the US is 23,037 - 524% that of Canada's rate of 4,392 cases per million.

Belgium has been Europe's hot spot and the case rate there is slightly less than half that of the US. The US has a case rate making it look like a South American country, such as Chile, Colombia or Peru.

In 2018, Trump fired the US pandemic response team to cut costs and for 2021, he was proposing budget cuts for the CDC. I suspect Congress won't approve that now.

The buck stops with Trump. Having the IQ of sheep is no defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,729 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

If you believe this you have no concept or understanding on how a narrative and strategic impetus affects preparation, understanding of issues and willingness to accept and to adhere to restrictions.

I would suggest you do a little research, you're appearing ignorant.

You might not be aware but many of people posting here are Irish people living in the US. And some are American people living in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

jmayo wrote: »
    Are you seriously trying to spin that the president who laughed at others wearing masks, advocated injecting all sorts into ones body to fight the virus, held mass rallies, claimed it was a democratic thing has had absolutely no affect on the outcome for his country?

Will this lie ever die.

Will this lie ever die.

It was disinfectant but not remotely a lie. I'm sure you'll post a wall of text in an effort to spin it.

Will this lie ever die.

I wonder does #IMPOTUS regret these videos now where he slags off Biden for wearing a mask.

Will this lie ever die.

I watched the press conference live when he said it. Its not a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I watched the press conference live when he said it. Its not a lie.

He even later admitted that he was being sarcastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

I imagine he couldn't give a f*** about the other people in the car, as long as he gets his photo opp. Not surprising, of course, he has form on this.

cnocbui wrote: »

The buck stops with Trump. Having the IQ of sheep is no defense.

Thats very unfair! Shame on you.

Sheep are really very smart. Honourable, noble creatures.

He even later admitted that he was being sarcastic.

He claimed he was being sarcastic. Which is strange because hes not normally known for sarcasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,606 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

He claimed he was being sarcastic. Which is strange because hes not normally known for sarcasm.

Yes and claims he never kids, either. Funny that.

I'm still wondering what kind of doctors he was talking about looking into that claim at the presser when he said "medical doctors." Medical doctors not having been involved with Covid till then? Who then? Dr. Bombay type doctors?

Will this lie ever die.
    "And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

BBC

It was disinfectant but not remotely a lie. I'm sure you'll post a wall of text in an effort to spin it.

No spin needed, Mike - just the truth. The man advocated nothing. He relayed a conservation he already had with Bryan about future research. Hence the "So I asked Bill a QUESTION.." and the "And then I said SUPPOSING you.." and the "And I THINK YOU SAID YOU ARE GOING TO TEST THAT too" and the "And IS THERE A WAY WE CAN DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT.." and the "So IT'D BE INTERESTING TO CHECK THAT" and the "It SOUNDS INTERESTING TO ME, so we'll see" etc etc.

Sorry, I know the truth annoys you and everyone else that likes to repeat lies about him but like I always say: if you have lie about someone having done something, or said something they didn't, well then you can't have that much on them to begin with.

What you've just quoted sounds more like him making up **** as he goes. Which he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Oh I know. It's just that he didn't say "i didn't say that" which is what his fans are arguing. By saying it was sarcastic, it's an admission that he said it.

What you've just quoted sounds more like him making up **** as he goes. Which he was.

Fine, you think he made up a conversation, okay - that's a little weird to think that, but okay.

Still doesn't justify lying about him saying he advocated that people inject bleach.

Lies are lies. There can be no justification for them.

• Advertisement

Fine, but that doesn't justify lying about him saying he advocated that people inject bleach.

Lies are lies. There can be no justification for them.

And yet you defend a man who has told over 20,000 lies in the last four years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement