Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Stop believing the WaPo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,606 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Stop believing the WaPo.

Why? Something wrong in their list of Trump lies?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Stop believing the WaPo.

I dont read the WaPo, are you denying Yrump has told lies?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Stop believing the WaPo.

Stop believing Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,606 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

No spin needed, Mike - just the truth. The man advocated nothing. He relayed a conservation he already had with Bryan about future research. Hence the "So I asked Bill a QUESTION.." and the "And then I said SUPPOSING you.." and the "And I THINK YOU SAID YOU ARE GOING TO TEST THAT too" and the "And IS THERE A WAY WE CAN DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT.." and the "So IT'D BE INTERESTING TO CHECK THAT" and the "It SOUNDS INTERESTING TO ME, so we'll see" etc etc.

He's the POTUS, directing federal resources into an investigation of obviously quack theories. He's *advocating* for these investigations based on what he heard. Did he stand up there and say, "Hey, go inject yourself, it's safe." No. Would he ever do such a thing? Of course not - he'd always say, 'take the best medical advice.' You know, like the one he directed to investigate these quack cures. He even advocated for Hydroxychloroquine (sort of, took it himself but never did come out and say, you should do so.)

So, yeah, he advocated for light and disinfectant as possible therapies for Covid. And, get real - this story won't die because he's the president and his words matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Igotadose wrote: »
    And, get real - this story won't die because he's the president and his words matter.

Looks like Trump himself isn't going to die either just yet. He's leaving hospital this evening, and I can't believe his doctors would be letting that happen if he was in serious danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭1st dalkey dalkey

Looks like Trump himself isn't going to die either just yet. He's leaving hospital this evening, and I can't believe his doctors would be letting that happen if he was in serious danger.

It can take ten days for the full effect of this virus to present. It has been just a couple of days since he got it.

But then, maybe he had it long before he admitted to, so maybe he is in the clear.
    Impossible to tell with Trump. I wonder did he even tell his own doctors the truth.

I agree that his doctors would try not to endanger the potus, but this is Trump we a talking about. Does he listen to doctors?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

It can take ten days for the full effect of this virus to present. It has been just a couple of days since he got it.

But then, maybe he had it long before he admitted to, so maybe he is in the clear.
    Impossible to tell with Trump. I wonder did he even tell his own doctors the truth.

I agree that his doctors would try not to endanger the potus, but this is Trump we a talking about. Does he listen to doctors?
    Doesn't need to

He knows more about this stuff than they do. They only went to the read a book school whereas he went to the real one

Well yes I envisage him as this sort of patient too

But if is life was in danger he would not be able to conceal that from his doctors, and they would not be hiding it from him, even if they're not telling the rest of us. I don't believe even Trump is reckless enough to insist he is released from hospital in those circumstances...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

The Boss knows he's gonna lose... :cool:

https://twitter.com/actdottv/status/1313203050685886464

• Advertisement

Outlaw Pete won't like that :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Outlaw Pete won't like that :eek:

He's not a Springsteen fan, surely?? As blue collar, blue voting a celebrity as you can get! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

He's not a Springsteen fan, surely?? As blue collar, blue voting a celebrity as you can get! :pac:

Trumpsters hate Brucie.
    Along with everyone else who disagrees with Trump.

Outlaw Pete is a Springsteen song so I presume he is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Wonder if he has any interest in politics as a career? He was Born To Run, after all. He could take the US out of the Badlands and back to its Glory Days.

Steven Van Zandt for VP.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Wonder if he has any interest in politics as a career? He was Born To Run, after all. He could take the US out of the Badlands and back to its Glory Days.

Steven Van Zandt for VP.

Dwayne Johnson for VP, Lets see putin puff out his chest standing next to him :pac:

Edit: yes I'm joking before anyone asks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭TexasTornado

Yeah i'd still be nervous about that Bruce. Same people said he hadn't a chance in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Lies are lies. There can be no justification for them.

Trump on April 24 2020: "5.1 million tests, that's more than all countries combined...all countries combined."
    Trump on April 25 2020: [the United States has tested] “more than any other country in the World, and even more than all major countries combined.”
    Trump on April 28 2020: “We’ve tested more than every country combined”.
    Trump on May 11 2020: "More than all other countries together."
    Trump on May 18 2020: "Over 11 million tests, and going up fast. More than all countries in the world, combined."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

But if is life was in danger he would not be able to conceal that from his doctors, and they would not be hiding it from him, even if they're not telling the rest of us. I don't believe even Trump is reckless enough to insist he is released from hospital in those circumstances...

He is a narcissist that hates looking weak and also hates hospitals. People that knew him said it must be really bad on Friday for him to agree to go. If he is pumped full of drugs and feels strong I can see him wanting to get out of there, even if the strength is just coming from the drugs, just to show off how strong he is. The truth of how well he is will be if he speaks to the media at all (via live video or phone). If not then he is bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

osarusan wrote: »
    Trump on April 24 2020: "5.1 million tests, that's more than all countries combined...all countries combined."
    Trump on April 25 2020: [the United States has tested] “more than any other country in the World, and even more than all major countries combined.”
    Trump on May 18 2020: "Over 11 million tests, and going up fast. More than all countries in the world, combined."

Oh it drives me mad watching him lie.

Is he that big a spoofer or just that ignorant? That's the big question for me :)
    Also the night he lectured us on South Korea too. :pac:

As always no one knows more about it them him. Eh.. lots of people do ha

• Advertisement

osarusan wrote: »

He wasn't lying when he said any of that. He was just incorrect. Misheard the following stat I expect:

https://mobile.twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1252673409584111617

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

He wasn't lying when he said any of that. He was just incorrect. Misheard the following stat I expect:

Misheard it on April 21, and with the media highlighting how wrong it was every time he said it, he was still mishearing it 24 days later...

Apart from yourself (maybe), I doubt there's a single person on boards who actually believes that.

It's ok Pete, people lie, presidents lie even. He wouldn't be the only one.

Igotadose wrote: »
    He's the POTUS, directing federal resources into an investigation of obviously quack theories. He's *advocating* for these investigations based on what he heard. Did he stand up there and say, "Hey, go inject yourself, it's safe." No. Would he ever do such a thing? Of course not - he'd always say, 'take the best medical advice.' You know, like the one he directed to investigate these quack cures. He even advocated for Hydroxychloroquine (sort of, took it himself but never did come out and say, you should do so.)

You must not know what advocated means. If you ask some will they be doing something, that does not mean that your advocating that they do it.
    So, yeah, he advocated for light and disinfectant as possible therapies for Covid. And, get real - this story won't die because he's the president and his words matter.

Nope, again: he asked if there was someway that the anti-viral qualities of light and antiseptics could be harnessed in some way for use inside the body. A silly question, no doubt, which I think he realized given that he then sarcastically said "You’re going to have to use medical doctors for that, right?" and smiled. A nothing burger if ever there was one especially given that we bring tea tree oil inside the body via steam and scientists are currently researching the possibilities of using UV light inside the body also:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/aytu-bioscience-announces-manufacture-delivery-120000160.html

Ultimately though, was just harmless questions asked in a lighthearted way for 64 seconds and if the media truly cared about the public's health they'd have ignored that portion of the presser and focused on the rest, relaying all the helpful data that had been presented. They couldn't help themselves though as Orange Man Bad is always, always, the MSM main agenda, not as they suggest, the best interests of Americans.

This is gold :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Billy Mays wrote: »
    This is gold :pac: :pac:

Exactly. He wasnt lying. He's just incompetent. Ah grand so.

Love the man but, as much as it pains me to say it, sometimes he's wrong. Nobody's perfect - not even Bruce I guess:

Foxtrol wrote: »
    He is a narcissist that hates looking weak and also hates hospitals. People that knew him said it must be really bad on Friday for him to agree to go. If he is pumped full of drugs and feels strong I can see him wanting to get out of there, even if the strength is just coming from the drugs, just to show off how strong he is. The truth of how well he is will be if he speaks to the media at all (via live video or phone). If not then he is bad.

I fully accept that his condition may well be worse than he or his doctors are telling us. However, I am convinced there is a floor to this and his life cannot be at serious risk otherwise there is no way he would be leaving this hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Exactly. He wasnt lying. He's just incompetent. Ah grand so.

It's not like he has access to that kind of information or advisors or anything like that.

I have money on him to win but I think his goose is cooked. Barring some catastrophe from Biden, I'd be happy to call the race now.

Democrats do enjoy employing abysmal tactics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I have money on him to win but I think his goose is cooked. Barring some catastrophe from Biden, I'd be happy to call the race now.

Democrats do enjoy employing abysmal tactics.

Betting aside, were you hoping that Trump would get re-elected?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement