Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

Betting aside, were you hoping that Trump would get re-elected?

Absolutely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Absolutely not.

Good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Love the man but, as much as it pains me to say it, sometimes he's wrong. Nobody's perfect - not even Bruce I guess:

Ah, he's pretty perfect now, in fairness!

Bruce loves America. Bruce loves the working man. Bruce thinks Trump is an embarrassment to all Americans. Be more like Bruce.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Honestly I dont think so at this point, if anything his actions over the last few day's will likely galvanise opposition to make sure he isnt reelected, the incompetence expecially over the last 24hr's is staggering. I might have said 50/50 before the pandemic but it's certainly more and more likely Biden will win out and flush this turd in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I hope he does get back in. Trump might be asshole and a narcissist, but I would prefer to see him in office for 20 more years than to see Biden and Harris get in for a single year. Biden, a supposed very Catholic man is running with a woman who voted against doctors giving treatment to live aborted babies. Whatever ones views on abortions, it's pure evil to let a live baby die and to use them in experiments by donating them for "medical research". Keep those loony, woke lefties out!

The Washington Post
    Harris also voted last year against the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act, which would punish doctors who fail to provide medical care to a child born alive after an attempted abortion. And while she was attorney general of California, her agency conducted an investigation of David Daleiden, the antiabortion activist who targeted Planned Parenthood with videos about its practice of donating fetal tissue for medical research

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

I have a feeling he will somehow edge all of the swing states and take it despite losing the popular vote by a lot. There will be allegations of rigging/people stopped from voting etc. (all more than likely true). We know how Trumps plays the game- it's win at all costs and cheating is just a means to an end for him. The Republicans in general are quite good at finding ways to win the really tight elections on the electoral college vote and I think it will happen again

• Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I hope he does get back in. Trump might be asshole and a narcissist, but I would prefer to see him in office for 20 more years than to see Biden and Harris get in for a single year. Biden, a supposed very Catholic man is running with a woman who voted against doctors giving treatment to live aborted babies. Whatever ones views on abortions, it's pure evil to let a live baby die and to use them in experiments by donating them for "medical research". Keep those loony, woke lefties out!

The Washington Post

Most of the "abortion" bills in the US are basically designed to outlaw abortion, in this case the worry was that it would prevent doctors from treating patients properly as they would be at risk of getting sued if they didn't attempt to save a successfully aborted foetus:
    "Opponents of the bill argued that it represented an unjustified attack on abortion rights, preventing doctors from exercising their best medical judgment and exposing them to possible lawsuits or prosecution."

It would be impossible to police and prove that someone was either complying or not complying with it, if it had passed.

There is also a law already on the books for protecting babies from being murdered, this bill wasn't necessary for those purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭patnor1011

jmayo wrote: »
    Are you seriously trying to spin that the president who laughed at others wearing masks, advocated injecting all sorts into ones body to fight the virus, held mass rallies, claimed it was a democratic thing has had absolutely no affect on the outcome for his country?

Really.

Vietnam war had under 60,000 US casualties and covid has had a couple of hundred thousand.
    As they say in the US, you do the Maths.

Facts aren't your strong point so I can see how you would be a Trump supporter. :rolleyes:

Well, no politician in the world was prepared for covid which was a new thing so speculating about their response and how it should have been done or what they said without info which is available now is moot. Also not a lot of people died from covid, majority of dead people died with covid. When anyone look at numbers from perspective then everyone will easily see that covid danger is exagerated to the extreme. 160k people die every day in the world. While you scare yourself to death with 1,000,000 covid deaths bear in mind that these people died with covid not from it. At the same time frame another nearly 45,000,000 people died.
    Also when talking about Vietnam war do not forget casualties of USA allies - North Vietnamese as they should be counted with US deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

patnor1011 wrote: »
    Well, no politician in the world was prepared for covid which was a new thing so speculating about their response and how it should have been done or what they said without info which is available now is moot. Also not a lot of people died from covid, majority of dead people died with covid. When anyone look at numbers from perspective then everyone will easily see that covid danger is exagerated to the extreme. 160k people die every day in the world. While you scare yourself to death with 1,000,000 covid deaths bear in mind that these people died with covid not from it. At the same time frame another nearly 45,000,000 people died.
    Also when talking about Vietnam war do not forget casualties of USA allies - North Vietnamese as they should be counted with US deaths.
    Is your contention that nobody has ever died of AIDS as well? Only with AIDS?

• Advertisement

Is your contention that nobody has ever died of AIDS as well? Only with AIDS?

Oh dear, comparing apples with oranges or like those comparing covid with flu again?

Oh dear, comparing apples with oranges or like those comparing covid with flu again?
    Your nonsense point that people only die "with covid" is just as true of AIDS.

Your nonsense point that people only die "with covid" is just as true of AIDS.

What predictable answer. Classic for people with trump derangement syndrome who take one line of text out of context and then build their arguments on that.

If you have a problem with reading comprehension go at it again and then tell me when I claimed that people only die "with covid".
    Meh, let me show you what you failed to see with your trump blinders on.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

What predictable answer. Classic for people with trump derangement syndrome who take one line of text out of context and then build their arguments on a lie.

If you have a problem with reading comprehension go at it again and then tell me when I claimed that people only die "with covid".
    Meh, let me show you what you failed to see with your trump blinders on.

Also not a lot of people died from covid, majority of dead people died with covid.

Also not a lot of people died from AIDS, majority of dead people died with AIDS.

Covid, like AIDS is not the killer, its the precursor to what kills you.

Also not a lot of people died from covid, majority of dead people died with covid.

Also not a lot of people died from AIDS, majority of dead people died with AIDS.

Covid, like AIDS is not the killer, its the precursor to what kills you.

Sure. My point is that he tried to assert that I said that people only died "with covid" while I clearly said that some also died "from covid".

It all stemmed from idiotic argument that Trump is responsible for all covid deaths in the USA.

Sure. My point is that he tried to assert that I said that people only died "with covid" while I clearly said that some also died "from covid".

It all stemmed from idiotic argument that Trump is responsible for all covid deaths in the USA.

Cool, since you're arguing about phrasing. The incredibly high number of deaths falls on the President. People would have died under any president but incompetent leadership led to many more.

Cool, since you're arguing about phrasing. The incredibly high number of deaths falls on the President. People would have died under any president but incompetent leadership led to many more.

Yeah exactly. As it also happened pretty much in every western country. Only that it was not incompetence but dealing with something unknown where "facts" changed pretty much daily and contradictory messages were received from many "international bodies". This is exatly situation which fits old czech proverb: After the battle, everybody is a general.

Unless you think that we should have implemented some Asian style solution. But then you will be first crying that he is a dictator restricting liberties or some other stuff like that.

No matter what he would do people who hate him will find something bad in everything he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,606 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Unless you think that we should have implemented some Asian style solution. But then you will be first crying that he is a dictator restricting liberties or some other stuff like that.

What liberties were restricted in Japan and South Korea?

Igotadose wrote: »
    What liberties were restricted in Japan and South Korea?

You tell me. Interesting choice.
    If Trump would try to implement south korea style lockdown or chinese version of welding out people in their apartment blocks with army on streets he would be branded as new adolf in a heartbeat.

What's wrong with what they've done in Taiwan or HK, and how/why couldn't it be done in the States or Europe?

Also, apologies for using "only" previously. That doesn't really change my point, though; whether your point was "only" or "most" people dying "with covid", it's a bs point. As pointed out to you, it's similar to AIDS in that while it may not have technically been covid/AIDS that killed someone, they wouldn't have died if they didn't contract covid/AIDS in the first place. The idea that deaths are being attributed to people who died "with covid" in car accidents, or heart attacks that they were 100% gonna die from anyway, etc. is pure conspiracy guff.

• Advertisement

No point to try any more. This thread is a safe space dedicated to trump hate.
    I do not care much about Trump as he is not my problem. If Americans do not like him they can vote him out for what I care. Trump is not a blip on my radar but irrational hate piques my interest.

I used to live in under communist regime and that is why I do not like agitators and activists spreading irrational hate. I have seen firsthand where thinking like that leads. Some people seem to like the easy escape of venting their own frustrations and failures on somebody else thousands of kilometres away. It acomplishes nothing.

You tell me. Interesting choice.
    If Trump would try to implement south korea style lockdown or chinese version of welding out people in their apartment blocks with army on streets he would be branded as new adolf in a heartbeat.

China is a dictatorship. They have no liberties there so it's not a valid comparison.

South Korea implemented a very lightweight lockdown. No mass sporting events. Shops mostly stayed open. They started to relax, got an uptick in August and reinstituted measurements. Uptick probably due to some church group flaunting restrictions. So, the American Mussolini would be doing well to have done what they did.

And, lest we forget, to date, 416 deaths per Wikipedia. Why do you think that is? 51 million people with fewer deaths than in Ireland.

No point to try any more. This thread is a safe space dedicated to trump hate.
    I do not care much about Trump as he is not my problem. If Americans do not like him they can vote him out for what I care. Trump is not a blip on my radar but irrational hate piques my interest.

I used to live in under communist regime and that is why I do not like agitators and activists spreading irrational hate. I have seen firsthand where thinking like that leads. Some people seem to like the easy escape of venting their own frustrations and failures on somebody else thousands of kilometres away. It acomplishes nothing.
    I'm an American who will be voting for Biden, actually.

Comparing people who don't like Trump to Communists is absolute hyperbole. I've also lived under a communist regime, who are awful pricks. Doesn't mean I need to support Trump for some bizarre reason.

What's wrong with what they've done in Taiwan or HK, and how/why couldn't it be done in the States or Europe?

Also, apologies for using "only" previously. That doesn't really change my point, though; whether your point was "only" or "most" people dying "with covid", it's a bs point. As pointed out to you, it's similar to AIDS in that while it may not have technically been covid/AIDS that killed someone, they wouldn't have died if they didn't contract covid/AIDS in the first place. The idea that deaths are being attributed to people who died "with covid" in car accidents, or heart attacks that they were 100% gonna die from anyway, etc. is pure conspiracy guff.

Nothing wrong - it worked for them. Being completely different demopgrafic, structure, way of life we can not implement such solutions over here.
    I have stated it consistently and I like to think it looks I was right - We should have go out of our way to protect old and vulnerable instead of shipping them off to nursing houses emptying hospitals and waiting for what will come. We had a luxury of seeing how this virus works on the likes of china, korea or italy.
    We instead chose to lock down everybody (even all the while it was sham lockdown where third of population had to carry on to maintain illusion) destroying businesses and jobs which could provide some funding towards shielding vulnerable people.

And for the last part of your post - it is not conspiracy guff as we all know it happened.

Igotadose wrote: »
    China is a dictatorship. They have no liberties there so it's not a valid comparison.

Yet it is suggested that he did not do enough. A lot of people actually blame him he did not went chinese way even more further. Like grounding all planes and such.

I'm an American who will be voting for Biden, actually.

Comparing people who don't like Trump to Communists is absolute hyperbole. I've also lived under a communist regime, who are awful pricks. Doesn't mean I need to support Trump for some bizarre reason.

I am not comparing people who don't like Trump to Communists. I do not like him and I do not feel like a communist.
    I am saying that people who hate him act exactly like communist agitators used to act. Hyping up hate is irrational. That is why we still have wars. People hyped and brainwashed into hating some other people brings only disaster.

And forgive me but voting for one prick to get rid of another is a tragedy in my eyes.

What don't you like about Trump, patnor1011?

Yet it is suggested that he did not do enough. A lot of people actually blame him he did not went chinese way even more further. Like grounding all planes and such.

Deflection by you, sorry. You were asked why Japan and SOuth Korea did well without severe restrictions and brought up China, which as you I think agree is a country with no liberties - that government is enormously repressive at all turns.

The reason South Korea and Japan did better, is the people their wore masks without being prompted. Hong Kong too, even with massive protests in the spring. It really is that simple. Trump's wanton disregard and disdain for mask wearing in order to keep himself in the limelight and a massive disinformation campaign orchestrated by his team is a huge contributor to the the death toll in the US. No other reason, simply the resistance to wearing masks. It's that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Will this lie ever die.

Ah ffs.
    Pete arguing when a lie is not a lie.
    No wonder you are such a fan of Trump.
    He even later admitted that he was being sarcastic.

Yeah because that is what a country's leader, one of the leading nations on the planet, is supposed to do when speaking to their citizens amidst a global pandemic.
    Imagine if JFK had said sure we are going to fire off a few nuclear missiles at Castro only then to come out a few days later claiming he was sarcastic.

FFS he is the President of the US not a fecking teenager.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

CNN poll:

National: Likely voters

Joe Biden 57%
    Donald Trump 41%

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement