Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

patnor1011 wrote: »
    Well, no politician in the world was prepared for covid which was a new thing so speculating about their response and how it should have been done or what they said without info which is available now is moot. Also not a lot of people died from covid, majority of dead people died with covid. When anyone look at numbers from perspective then everyone will easily see that covid danger is exagerated to the extreme. 160k people die every day in the world. While you scare yourself to death with 1,000,000 covid deaths bear in mind that these people died with covid not from it. At the same time frame another nearly 45,000,000 people died.
    Also when talking about Vietnam war do not forget casualties of USA allies - North Vietnamese as they should be counted with US deaths.

No politican were prepared but some can cope with adversity way better and can actually help galvanise public opinion in a common cause.
    All things Trump can't do and in fact he does the opposite.
    Your whole argument is like claiming no one dies of gunshot wounds, but of loss of blood.

We were talking about US losses not the entire losses of the Vietnam war.
    Hell you might as well widen the scope to include all the losses in Indochina during WWII as well.
    Then you can add the Japanese ones to the mix.
    patnor1011 wrote: »
    I am not comparing people who don't like Trump to Communists. I do not like him and I do not feel like a communist.
    I am saying that people who hate him act exactly like communist agitators used to act. Hyping up hate is irrational. That is why we still have wars. People hyped and brainwashed into hating some other people brings only disaster.

And forgive me but voting for one prick to get rid of another is a tragedy in my eyes.

Isn't it a bit rich complaining anti Trump people are hyping up irrational hatred.

Why does that song ironic keep playing in my head. :confused:

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 13,606 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

You must not know what advocated means. If you ask some will they be doing something, that does not mean that your advocating that they do it.
    It is when you're the one in charge of the task force asking someone that reports to you. How could it not be?

Nope, again: he asked if there was someway that the anti-viral qualities of light and antiseptics could be harnessed in some way for use inside the body. A silly question, no doubt, which I think he realized given that he then sarcastically said "You’re going to have to use medical doctors for that, right?" and smiled. A nothing burger if ever there was one especially given that we bring tea tree oil inside the body via steam and scientists are currently researching the possibilities of using UV light inside the body also:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/aytu-bioscience-announces-manufacture-delivery-120000160.html

Ultimately though, was just harmless questions asked in a lighthearted way for 64 seconds and if the media truly cared about the public's health they'd have ignored that portion of the presser and focused on the rest, relaying all the helpful data that had been presented. They couldn't help themselves though as Orange Man Bad is always, always, the MSM main agenda, not as they suggest, the best interests of Americans.

You do realize that even 5 minutes spent by some investigator deputized by the task force is paid for by the US taxpayer, right? Nice deflection attempt with tea tree oil, though. So, you agree he advocated for this crackpot stuff, said later he never kids, and basically wound everyone up due to his vanity? Is this the behavior you advocate for, for the NPHET for example when they have briefings? If not, why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

jmayo wrote: »
    Yeah because that is what a country's leader, one of the leading nations on the planet, is supposed to do when speaking to their citizens amidst a global pandemic.
    Imagine if JFK had said sure we are going to fire off a few nuclear missiles at Castro only then to come out a few days later claiming he was sarcastic.

FFS he is the President of the US not a fecking teenager.

Is it any wonder he's beloved by the simple minded and internet trolls everywhere.

:/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

CNN poll:

National: Likely voters

Joe Biden 57%
    Donald Trump 41%

There really should be another thread as to what exactly is wrong with the American political system that he's still at 41%. Tribalism can only account for so much when he shows on a hourly basis how unfit he is to be a member of the human race let alone POTUS. What happens to this 41% when there is a slightly more sophisticated version of Trump looking to take the US even further down the rabbit hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭hirondelle

You must not know what advocated means. If you ask some will they be doing something, that does not mean that your advocating that they do it.

Nope, again: he asked if there was someway that the anti-viral qualities of light and antiseptics could be harnessed in some way for use inside the body. A silly question, no doubt, which I think he realized given that he then sarcastically said "You’re going to have to use medical doctors for that, right?" and smiled. A nothing burger if ever there was one especially given that we bring tea tree oil inside the body via steam and scientists are currently researching the possibilities of using UV light inside the body also:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/aytu-bioscience-announces-manufacture-delivery-120000160.html

Ultimately though, was just harmless questions asked in a lighthearted way for 64 seconds and if the media truly cared about the public's health they'd have ignored that portion of the presser and focused on the rest, relaying all the helpful data that had been presented. They couldn't help themselves though as Orange Man Bad is always, always, the MSM main agenda, not as they suggest, the best interests of Americans.

Good ole Pete, still banging away on multiple threads trying to convince everybody that if we just saw the light on this one vital issue, the scales would fall from the doubters' eyes and Trump in all his glory would be revealed to us.

Or, given all that is currently going on in Trump World, might you be moved to comment on the Theatre of the Absurd we witnessed last night? You're all about the truth being central to this narrative-so two specific questions with very short answers (so you might be able to find the time to respond):

1. Are you happy that Trump won't let the results of his lung scan be revealed?

2. Are the US public entitled to know the health status of their president?

thanks for taking the time to reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭monseiur

Trump won last time not because of his ability as politician or statesman but thanks to the Democratic Party's candidate Hillary Clinton. She was/is one of the most corrupt politician ever to grace/disgrace the American political scene.
    I have met many 'dyed in the wool' Democrats, some elderly, who did not vote in the last presidential election, some for the first time since they reached voting age, because they just couldn't stomach the thought of having her as president.
    Unlike this country, the Americans take their politics seriously and can discuss 'ad nauseam' the merits or otherwise of a particular candidate.

Biden is a weak candidate but will scrape in, he will have a big majority in the popular vote and just enough college votes, thanks to the Corona Virus pandemic.
    America was booming up to March, more African Americans were working than ever before and things were on the up and up. Trump would be a shoo in irrespective who the Democrat candidate was........but the pandemic has changed not just America but the whole world - life will not be the same again for some time to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Trump won because of the undemocratic and ridiculous electoral college system.

Hillary won the popular vote by over 2 million votes. I'd give you 10 years in solitary confinement for calling Trump a 'statesman'. There is a very high likelihood he is the most corrupt politician and President the US has ever had.

Hillary is a snow white angel compared to boof-head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

cnocbui wrote: »
    Trump won because of the undemocratic and ridiculous electoral college system.

That argument does not stand. Mrs Clinton knew the rules going into the race, they are the same as when Barrack Obama and her husband Mr. Clinton won the US presidential election. You must look elsewhere to fund an excuse.

Hillary won the popular vote by over 2 million votes. I'd give you 10 years in solitary confinement for calling Trump a 'statesman'. There is a very high likelihood he is the most corrupt politician and President the US has ever had.

Changing the rules means the election gets decided by California, New York and Northern cities - Chicago and Minneapolis. It is a different election and the campaigning and strategy would change accordingly and disenfranchise the heartland of the USA. Show me a US president that is not corrupt? both Bill Clinton and Barrack Obama have done exceedingly well since leaving the office of the president. Joe Biden is a multi-millionaire after a life time in politics (book deals, speaking engagements and real estate). I think you can figure out the business model of successful politicians and their relations. If you want to see corruption see Lyndon B Johnson who makes Irish politicians look like honest beggars.

Trump is possibly going to be the first president in a long time who does not gain after leaving office having already made his money beforehand and likely facing a fall in value of his real estate holdings due to the after affects of COVID. Given he is the most attacked US president in my lifetime, there probably is not much room for graft, both the permanent government (aka the deep state), the establishment media and established politicians in both Republican and Democrat parties have been trying to oust him unsuccessfully for 4 years thus far.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Last Week Tonight did a piece on a guy in Georgia who waited almost 8 hours to vote. About 5 mins in to the clip below. I wouldn't have his patience and I'm sure many just couldn't afford to wait around that long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Sorolla

I think he will win in a landslide.
    It will be a very special victory - a most beautiful thing.

He will win because he did make America great again.

Let us not underestimate what he has achieved.

Much better trade deals with the EU, Japan and yes also China.

Obama and Bush always complained about the unfavorable trade deals but never did anything to change the conditions because they believed it was not possible to change the conditions.

With these improved trade deals, Trump has significantly reduced the trade deficits with the trading partners of the US.

Trump has brought employment back into the most poorest areas of America.

Hundreds of thousands of coal miners lost their jobs when Obama signed up to the Paris climate deal.

Trump tore up this agreement and the miners are back at work again.
    These guys used to vote Democrat before switching to Trump and he delivered on his promise to bring back the jobs.

They will all vote Trump.

During Trumps time in office he created more jobs than any President before him - under his watch unemployment dropped to 3%

The stock markets hit record highs

Ask anyone if they have more money in their pockets during Trumps presidency and they will all answer yes (Democrats included)

The Covid-19 virus was unexpected and destroyed a lot of these good things.

America will once again be great.
    Only Trump has the vision and determination to make this happen

He is the most brave president of all time.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Faugheen wrote: »
    Jesus.

I know, right?

Leni Riefstahl couldn't have directed a better propaganda piece for dear leader than that pile of nonsense.

Wow :eek:

For context that is Columbus Ohio, the state capital with a population about the size of Dublin. It normally leans Democrat as do large urban areas across the United States. 2016 results

KcY1baQ.png

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,563 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Last Week Tonight did a piece on a guy in Georgia who waited almost 8 hours to vote. About 5 mins in to the clip below. I wouldn't have his patience and I'm sure many just couldn't afford to wait around that long.

This is how it is on Election Day normally in suppressed districts. I’m glad knowing that they have weeks to vote under these circumstances I just Hope most do make the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

That argument does not stand. Mrs Clinton knew the rules going into the race, they are the same as when Barrack Obama and her husband Mr. Clinton won the US presidential election. You must look elsewhere to fund an excuse.

Changing the rules means the election gets decided by California, New York and Northern cities - Chicago and Minneapolis. It is a different election and the campaigning and strategy would change accordingly and disenfranchise the heartland of the USA. Show me a US president that is not corrupt? both Bill Clinton and Barrack Obama have done exceedingly well since leaving the office of the president. Joe Biden is a multi-millionaire after a life time in politics (book deals, speaking engagements and real estate). I think you can figure out the business model of successful politicians and their relations. If you want to see corruption see Lyndon B Johnson who makes Irish politicians look like honest beggars.

Trump is possibly going to be the first president in a long time who does not gain after leaving office having already made his money beforehand and likely facing a fall in value of his real estate holdings due to the after affects of COVID. Given he is the most attacked US president in my lifetime, there probably is not much room for graft, both the permanent government (aka the deep state), the establishment media and established politicians in both Republican and Democrat parties have been trying to oust him unsuccessfully for 4 years thus far.

I absolutely agree that many politicians do well out of it- for balance, would you also list some Republicans who are corrupt?

Trading on your status as a former president or politician to earn an income is not corruption.

Corruption is, hypothetically, tweeting that you had a phone call with the Chinese leader and that a trade deal was on, after you had given a heads-up to certain parties in a position to make large futures trades on the stock market that you would be making such a tweet, with an arrangement whereby you would get a significant benefit from the profits they would make.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Sorolla wrote: »
    I think he will win in a landslide.
    It will be a very special victory - a most beautiful thing.

He will win because he did make America great again.

Let us not underestimate what he has achieved.

Much better trade deals with the EU, Japan and yes also China.

Obama and Bush always complained about the unfavorable trade deals but never did anything to change the conditions because they believed it was not possible to change the conditions.

With these improved trade deals, Trump has significantly reduced the trade deficits with the trading partners of the US.

Trump has brought employment back into the most poorest areas of America.

Hundreds of thousands of coal miners lost their jobs when Obama signed up to the Paris climate deal.

Trump tore up this agreement and the miners are back at work again.
    These guys used to vote Democrat before switching to Trump and he delivered on his promise to bring back the jobs.

They will all vote Trump.

During Trumps time in office he created more jobs than any President before him - under his watch unemployment dropped to 3%

The stock markets hit record highs

Ask anyone if they have more money in their pockets during Trumps presidency and they will all answer yes (Democrats included)

The Covid-19 virus was unexpected and destroyed a lot of these good things.

America will once again be great.
    Only Trump has the vision and determination to make this happen

He is the most brave president of all time.

The US has no trade deal with the EU. Most of the rest of it is also garbage.

baaba maal wrote: »
    I absolutely agree that many politicians do well out of it- for balance, would you also list some Republicans who are corrupt?

I've made reference to Reagans trip to Japan in a previous Trump thread. Don't forget Dick Cheney, ex. Haliburton CEO. You know the reason Wall Street CEOs dominate the US treasury - tax efficiency - they get to cash out their shares tax free for taking the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,563 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I've made reference to Reagans trip to Japan in a previous Trump thread. Don't forget Dick Cheney, ex. Haliburton CEO. You know the reason Wall Street CEOs dominate the US treasury - tax efficiency - they get to cash out their shares tax free for taking the job.

Any Current Republicans? This is a bit of dodge just pointing to people out of the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

In the 1960s in Ireland the media wouldn't report on Cuba and JFKs war crimes.
    After the invasion of Cuba, Kennedy launched a huge terrorist campaign against Cuba, which was very serious. No joke. Bombardment of industrial installations with killing of plenty of people, bombing hotels, sinking fishing boats, sabotage.

But Trump is the worst president ever. :D

Trading on your status as a former president or politician to earn an income is not corruption.

P.S. I love US military planes.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I love how people have run out of whataboutery for Clinton and Obama that they’ve moved on to JFK now.

Faugheen wrote: »
    I love how people have run out of whataboutery for Clinton and Obama that they’ve moved on to JFK now.

We could talk about Biden's racism I suppose:

Joe Biden once called state-mandated school integration “the most racist concept you can come up with,” and Barack Obama “the first sort of mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean.” He was a staunch opponent of “forced busing” in the 1970s, and leading crusader for mass incarceration throughout the ‘80s and ‘90s. Uncle Joe has described African-American felons as “predators” too sociopathic to rehabilitate — and white supremacist senators as his friends.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2019/03/joe-biden-record-on-busing-incarceration-racial-justice-democratic-primary-2020-explained.html

Inquitus wrote: »

US lobster exports will enter Europe tariff-free, as Washington and Brussels announced a limited trade deal that will be seen as a first result in efforts to de-escalate trade tensions.

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1160611/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

We could talk about Biden's racism I suppose:

Joe Biden once called state-mandated school integration “the most racist concept you can come up with,” and Barack Obama “the first sort of mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean.” He was a staunch opponent of “forced busing” in the 1970s, and leading crusader for mass incarceration throughout the ‘80s and ‘90s. Uncle Joe has described African-American felons as “predators” too sociopathic to rehabilitate — and white supremacist senators as his friends.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2019/03/joe-biden-record-on-busing-incarceration-racial-justice-democratic-primary-2020-explained.html

You're going to have a hard time comparing someone having mainstream views decades ago with a guy who regularly holds 5 minutes of hate for a brown member of congress at his covid gatherings.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Inquitus wrote: »

Trump sunk the trade deal with the EU, thankfully.

It was an awful deal and would have seen the Reaganization of the EU.

You're going to have a hard time comparing someone having mainstream views decades ago with a guy who regularly holds 5 minutes of hate for a brown member of congress at his covid gatherings.

His views on Obama were just a few years ago :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

BREAKING: Newly declassified notes show Obama knew of Hillary's plan to tie Trump to Russia...

"As a means of distracting the public from her use of a private email server."

Obama was briefed on this by Former CIA Director John Brennan in 2016.

Oh dear. Not good for Biden.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement