Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Supposedly, 96% of Americans have already decided who they are going to vote for and will not change their minds. The undecided 4% will decide the winner!

Personally, I can't believe that Trump is now in a position to be re-elected, after the 3 1/2 years of chaos and mismanagement he has overseen. Shows America and it's people in a very poor light, imo, although I do think Biden will just about fall over the line first in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 brentanrodgers

briany wrote: »
    Elements of that were proven true, so we can deal with that. QAnon, on the other hand...

How many millions followed those 'rogue' white house twitter accounts? Get over yourself.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/slate.com/news-and-politics/2017/02/the-pleasure-of-fake-twitter-feeds-like-roguepotusstaff-for-desperate-liberals.amp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I got to admit, with all the hyperbole about liberal self soothing, liberal erogenous zones, liberal timelines, Chicken Soup for the Leftie Soul, etc., I find that pretty much impossible to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Mrsmum wrote: »
    Trump talks rubbish but don't know why but Joe just creeps me out bigtime. It's not an anti Dem. thing for sure. I liked Clinton and Obama.

Clinton should have given you the creeps as well, chances are he would have whipped out his middle leg if you were on your own with him.

Hillary was nothing but a hypocrite smiling beside him when she knew what he was like.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Sanders hype is overblown.

The youth didn't go out and vote enough.

Sanders campaign depended on well to do white States.

As soon as States where that was not the case it ran aground.

Especially where there were a lot of African Americans.

Add in the young largely didn't bother to vote in the Democratic primaries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I’m NO fan of trump and his gang but having watched videos of Biden he is very very unlikeable

Tries to bully anyone who expresses a contrary view to his. Often spouts gibberish - dementia or what I do not know.

On top of all of this He’s bet to the ropes and only fit for the nursing home.

Whatever ppl say about trump, he absolutely lives for confrontation and once he gets going I can’t see aul joe standing a chance.

Voters will make a snap judgment after the debates and it won’t be pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Tries to bully anyone who expresses a contrary view to his. Often spouts gibberish - dementia or what I do not know.

These exact same things could be said about Trump.

It's like trying to pick between poo and poop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

I’m NO fan of trump and his gang but having watched videos of Biden he is very very unlikeable

Whatever ppl say about trump, he absolutely lives for confrontation and once he gets going I can’t see aul joe standing a chance.

I'm afraid you might be right. Trump is closing the in the polls. Kamala Harris will have to do great convincing that she is Presidential material in the event that Sleepy Joe pops his clogs

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I’m NO fan of trump

Sure ;)
    but having watched videos of Biden he is very very unlikeable

Why?

Trump calls people names, gets pissy when people are nasty to him

And as for spouting jibberish??

Hmmmm let's see

Biden

https://twitter.com/JTHVerhovek/status/1292130789052887041?s=20

Trump

Trump is a vain jealous fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Connacht15

Re Biden gone seafóid - It never stopped Ronnie Reagan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

These exact same things could be said about Trump.

It's like trying to pick between poo and poop.

I agree both are too old for the job and both are very erratic

But trump lives for confrontation and no holds barred debate

Joe is not up to it as far as I can see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

I think trump has it won already. Suburban America fear that Biden won’t protect them. They are historically the ones who turn out to vote.

Twitter/reddit/facebook are not representative of the voting majority.
    The more I watch CNN the further left they go. BLM have done very little on distancing themselves from BLM.

The hate for Trump is phenomenal, something like it I don’t think has every Been witnessed in the past. It seems no matter what he does is bad, regardless if it was something Obama did.

It’ll be interesting too see what happens in 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭letowski

Disagree, in the eyes of the American public, his likability is maybe the only thing that makes him a different proposition to Trump from 2016. He is generally liked by the American public with a net approval/disapproval rating has consistently been mostly even (+/- 2 points) by RCP and 538. That's compared to Hillary -12 and Trump -13, both fiercely disliked candidates in 2016. Trump polls historically low in terms of approval ratings amongst US presidents also.

Nevertheless I do agree Biden is a weak candidate and Trump still is in with a good enough chance of catching up to Biden by the 3rd of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭letowski

Nabber wrote: »
    I think trump has it won already. Suburban America fear that Biden won’t protect them. They are historically the ones who turn out to vote.

Twitter/reddit/facebook are not representative of the voting majority.
    The more I watch CNN the further left they go. BLM have done very little on distancing themselves from BLM.

The hate for Trump is phenomenal, something like it I don’t think has every Been witnessed in the past. It seems no matter what he does is bad, regardless if it was something Obama did.

The state of the economy always the most pressing issue with the Americans come US election time, and there is no evidence that this has changed. The BLM stuff will mostly die down, just like it had before the Jacob Blake incident. The Q3 GDP report that comes out in late October will have a big say in this election.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

stuck 30 quid on him few weeks back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

I don't share your optimism that Biden will make the debates at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

course he will win, dictatorship innit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I would like to think the the American people aren’t stupid enough to re-elect Trump but then I didn’t think they’d be stupid enough to vote him in in the first place.

There’s no question Biden has the popular vote but who knows if that translate into actual votes on Election Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

It's very hard to know what way it will go. There is a lot going against Trump.

- anyone who would vote for him, voted for him in the last election which he lost the public vote by over 2 million. I can't see too many new voters.
    - minorities who didn't vote for Clinton in high enough numbers have a greater incentive to vote to remove Trump.
    - all Biden needs to do is win back three states, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Florida to be home and dry. Anything beyond that is a bonus.

• Advertisement

I don't share your optimism that Biden will make the debates at all.

Yet you're not worried about the guy who was rushed to hospital and had to have a cognitive test :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Nabber wrote: »
    I think trump has it won already. Suburban America fear that Biden won’t protect them.

Considering he jumped on the "Defund the Police" bandwagon that's a very valid concern. Especially since he [like many other Dems] have yet to condemn the riots.

Just shows how phony the outrage against him is. I get his personality can be off putting [which some might find appealing since we just had years of "We can't say that. Its not politically correct." types from Bill Clinton, Barack Obama and even George W]Policy wise he's a Kennedy Democrat. Which is why there is so much hatred for him. His policies remind them of when they used to be grounded in reality.

It will be interesting to see who the GOP put up after Trump and what the Democrats will do if they lose again. If they lose badly that can't pull the "Muh Russia" again and be taken seriously, and if they lose one their major stronghold states {New York or California} they'll have to do some self reflection and have to abandon many ridiculous policies if they want to win the White House again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Dear Sub-Human Filth,

I'm appealing to all of you stupid idiots to vote Democrat in 2020. That is if you have the basic education enough to read a ballot, anyway. I understand the majority of you racist rednecks can't even read this post, though. But those who can, please pass my message on to the rest of your inbred family.

We Democrats are morally, culturally and intellectually superior to you in every way. I will qualify myself by noting that I have a Liberal Arts degree from a college, which you obviously have never been to, if you even know what one is. I also have a black friend. I have been told by several professors that everything you hold dear is terrible. Therefore you, personally, are also terrible.

I don't know you, but I know that you're racist. I also know that you hate gay people and still get scared during lightning storms. The religion which you hold closely, greatly believe in, and which brings you comfort--you are wrong because I'm smarter than you and I'm telling you so. It is one of the many reasons why you are stupid and I'm better than you.

You see, us Democrats want a system which helps everyone in the world. Our system is designed around love and kindness to everyone. If you don't agree, I hate you.

It's not too late to change. If you knew your history, which of course you don't, you'll remember a time in America when Indians were dragged away from their homes and forced to assimilate into white society. Well, we want to change that kind of behaviour (sorry for my spelling, as I'm not from your country) by making sure you go to college and have a small apartment in a big, busy coastal city, where you belong. That will help you rid yourselves of your backward, incorrect culture and way of thinking. We'll do everything we can to make sure you agree with us and say all the right things and not be brainwashed against thinking the same way we do.

All of you stupid, backward, redneck, racist, homophobic, uneducated yokels need to realize we're trying to build a classless society where we all get to live in harmony with each other, where we're all equal. If you only understood that you wouldn't be so much worse of a person than I am. So please vote Democrat. Help me help you, you worthless mother****ers.

Sincerely,

r/Politics

Deer Demokrat.

tank u for yur post. I hope you and yer kin fall off the earth.
    I wud not waist any bullits on u. God is on our side.

the good lord says all folk are equal and all life is preshuss but the death penalty does not count.
    We dont hate white folk, like u do, we only hate them beaners that takes all da jobs that us white folk would do.
    tis my god given rite to have a gun, as with all the crime them blacks boys does we need dem.Just cos we dont like colors and he-shes dont mean we is racist as it says so in da good book.
    We knows our scriptures and how the jew is trying to fix de elekshun,

Vote Trump

Cletus...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Yet you're not worried about the guy who was rushed to hospital and had to have a cognitive test :pac:

Every single one of your responses to anything about Biden thats even remotely negative is "but trump" , come on...

Every single one of your responses to anything about Biden thats even remotely negative is "but trump" , come on...

ermmmm, spoiler alert.... His name is literally in the thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

ermmmm, spoiler alert.... His name is literally in the thread title.

that is true, but every criticism of him or his campaign doesn't have to be met with 'but trump' as if that invalidates any issues people may have with Biden.

and you've actually just posted in another thread about somebody doing the same thing with Obama....

Ladies and gentlemen, The Eric Cartman show tonight brings you a feature presentation, Irony...
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114502788&postcount=442
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114503069&postcount=5672

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Considering he jumped on the "Defund the Police" bandwagon that's a very valid concern. Especially since he [like many other Dems] have yet to condemn the riots.

Just shows how phony the outrage against him is. I get his personality can be off putting [which some might find appealing since we just had years of "We can't say that. Its not politically correct." types from Bill Clinton, Barack Obama and even George W]Policy wise he's a Kennedy Democrat. Which is why there is so much hatred for him. His policies remind them of when they used to be grounded in reality.

It will be interesting to see who the GOP put up after Trump and what the Democrats will do if they lose again. If they lose badly that can't pull the "Muh Russia" again and be taken seriously, and if they lose one their major stronghold states {New York or California} they'll have to do some self reflection and have to abandon many ridiculous policies if they want to win the White House again.

You really should learn to use Google before posting :rolleyes:

This is from May

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-condemns-riots-over-george-floyd-death-calls-for-end-to-needless-destruction.amp
    Biden condemns riots over George Floyd death, calls for end to 'needless destruction'

Plenty more since then, dont be lazy, check next time before posting lies.

that is true, but every criticism of him or his campaign doesn't have to be met with 'but trump' as if that invalidates any issues people may have with Biden.

If people want to post rumours, lies, BS then yes i will counter it with facts, If you don't like the facts I post then feel free to block me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I do think Covid has gone against him. Not because he can be accused of dealing with it badly but because he can't do his campaign rallies.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

AllForIt wrote: »
    I do think Covid has gone against him. Not because he can be accused of dealing with it badly but because he can't do his campaign rallies.

like biden then ? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement