Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Overheal wrote: »
    A serious 'terror organization' back in the day... toward fascists

Into_the_Jaws_of_Death_23-0455M_edit.jpg

Boot camps, international support - even taxpayer funding! They anti'd the f out of some fascists. Great bunch of lads.

I can just hear them now, opening their rations of quinoa and crushed guacamole, saying after they crush the nasty anti-gay Nazi Boche they'll move their tanks onto Trans Dead-Namers and pee on some Scottish fantasy children's book writer's bed. Then give the people they disagree with a good old fashioned "Cancelling" from the dug out of their 50's style campervan.

Comparing that generation of Allied forces that went to war against Nazi Germany is so off the mark, tone deaf, historically erroneous and utterly thick.

East Germany was officially called the German Democratic Republic but it really only ticked one of those boxes. Antifa may stand for Anti Fascist which is commendable but the notion they stand shoulder to shoulder in the pantheon of history with the Allied forces is galling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

If only Trump could do the same.

Are you still pushing that lie that he called all dead WWII Veterans "losers" ??

The truth is much different ....

Image.png
    Image.png
    Image.png
    Image.png

IBT "Shure he only did all that for a photo op :mad:"

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

It's laughable reddit-tier garbage. The fucking US military was racially segregated during WW2.

Also just to say about that WW2 photo of the 16th Infantry of the 1st Battalion that it was racially segregated as was most of US forces at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,729 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

humberklog wrote: »
    Antifa may stand for Anti Fascist which is commendable but the notion they stand shoulder to shoulder in the pantheon of history with the Allied forces is galling.

Absolutely true.

But they are less representative of the left spectrum (as it is broadly understood) of politics than many of the conservative aligned groups on the right are of the extreme of that side.

The FBI themselves see the threat to civility within the us largely coming from the latter. To say that you are against such groups coming to prominence does not automatically mean that all who are against them are of the same mindset as the extremists. It is this last point which is a narrative being pushed by the Trump campaign in an effort to detract from the collapse of their own.

• Advertisement

Are you still pushing that lie that he called all dead WWII Veterans "losers" ??

Image.png
    Image.png
    Image.png
    Image.png

By your logic Pete, someone couldn't be abusive to their partner behind closed doors, as long as they behave correctly in public.

Image.png
    Image.png
    Image.png
    Image.png

Serious lack of diversity in those early founders of the modern Antifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,560 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

humberklog wrote: »
    I can just hear them now, opening their rations of quinoa and crushed guacamole, saying after they crush the nasty anti-gay Nazi Boche they'll move their tanks onto Trans Dead-Namers and pee on some Scottish fantasy children's book writer's bed. Then give the people they disagree with a good old fashioned "Cancelling" from the dug out of their 50's style campervan.

Comparing that generation of Allied forces that went to war against Nazi Germany is so off the mark, tone deaf, historically erroneous and utterly thick.

East Germany was officially called the German Democratic Republic but it really only ticked one of those boxes. Antifa may stand for Anti Fascist which is commendable but the notion they stand shoulder to shoulder in the pantheon of history with the Allied forces is galling.

The United States fought alongside Allies in a global war against a Fascist and its axis of powers.

I don't care how tone deaf you think it is, to point out that we should be fighting Nazis, not saying there are fine people on both sides.

\

Evidence of A is not evidence of B not existing.

He called them losers. Get over it.

nj27 wrote: »
    It's laughable reddit-tier garbage. The fucking US military was racially segregated during WW2.

Even the segregated United States knew well enough to fight Fascists.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

ollkiller wrote: »
    Sad you have to keep posting it. Every single day its "the polls were wrong in 2016". They weren't wrong. They were within the margin of error. Which goes to show that anyone who says the polls were wrong hasn't the first clue about how a poll is calculated.

And wasn’t Brexit very close too? (another one that is often brought up)

From what I can see, the polls are usually right.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

He won’t win now. He’s a basket case mentally and physically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Overheal wrote: »
    A serious 'terror organization' back in the day... toward fascists

Into_the_Jaws_of_Death_23-0455M_edit.jpg

Boot camps, international support - even taxpayer funding! They anti'd the f out of some fascists. Great bunch of lads.

Yeah, I remember seeing all that old footage of soldiers burning American flags, chanting death to America and screaming at old people.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

One of the world's leading medical journals have called on people to vote out Trump in November. They state that he turned the corona virus crisis into a tragedy. It is unprecedented that a major medical journal would claim that a current administration is dangerous to its citizens.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/07/health/new-england-journal-trump.html

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The journal Scientific American endorsed Biden, they first time they have endorsed a political candidate in 175 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

This thread started on the 1st of September, and only 27% thought Biden would win vs 67% Trump. I wonder what a new poll would say...

• Registered Users Posts: 46,013 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Trump will win.

He will lose the popular vote, again, maybe by more. but with the terrible way that vote counts are actually made in the Us and electoral college he will win enough seats via a lower vote to win. Just like last time.

Trump was majorly behind in polls last time too.

I don't want Trump to win, if i was voting there isn't a chance I would vote for him, zero. But I just can't see past him winning enough electoral college votes to retain the office. Part of that being down to the disgraceful voter supression tactics of the Republicans, who care nothing for actual democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Yeah, I remember seeing all that old footage of soldiers burning American flags, chanting death to America and screaming at old people.

Overheal and the rest would have been into Poland with their then partners in September 39.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,606 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Trump will win.

He will lose the popular vote, again, maybe by more. but with the terrible way that vote counts are actually made in the Us and electoral college he will win enough seats via a lower vote to win. Just like last time.

Trump was majorly behind in polls last time too.

I don't want Trump to win, if i was voting there isn't a chance I would vote for him, zero. But I just can't see past him winning enough electoral college votes to retain the office. Part of that being down to the disgraceful voter supression tactics of the Republicans, who care nothing for actual democracy.

The #IMPOTUS is WAY more behind in the polls this time. Like, historically way more behind. He wasn't Nearly As Far behind in 2016, this as usual about every other day comes up, fortunately this post shows an handy graph comparing 2016, to 2020.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114852082&postcount=4505

Put it this way: the #IMPOTUS is further behind than any candidate has been since Clinton/Dole in 1996, and (I'm not sure about this, frankly), further behind any incumbent perhaps ever.

Incumbents have enormous advantages. For the #IMPOTUS to be this far behind in the polling is remarkable. Comparing 2016 to 2020 is whistling past the graveyard for the GOP.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,573 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

If Biden shows up he wins this election. I'd say Trump even knows that.

• Advertisement

Trump's chickening out of the debate with Biden. He's the definition of a coward.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I was one of those who predicted a Trump victory. Now I'm not so sure.

I think it's very close. I don't put much faith in the poll numbers because I think that the polls are skewed due to the fact that many people won't publicly admit that they are going to vote Trump.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I was one of those who predicted a Trump victory. Now I'm not so sure.

I think it's very close. I don't put much faith in the poll numbers because I think that the polls are skewed due to the fact that many people won't publicly admit that they are going to vote Trump.

Apparently the pollsters have calculated in the 'silent Trump vote' to their numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Apparently the pollsters have calculated in the 'silent Trump vote' to their numbers.

Maybe so, but that'd only be a bit of guess work though so who knows.

Makes no difference to me who gets the job as I don't live there but I have to admit that Trump is very entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Trump's chickening out of the debate with Biden. He's the definition of a coward.

Why does he upset you this?

Why does he upset you this?

Yoda?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

steddyeddy wrote: »

Called it, knew he would weasel his way out one way or another after the pasting he took at the last debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Trump team's logical inconsistencies on show again with him dodging this debate

https://twitter.com/TheRealHoarse/status/1314202070103322624?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Trump team's logical inconsistencies on show again with him dodging this debate

https://twitter.com/TheRealHoarse/status/1314202070103322624?s=20

We've witnessed it plenty of time on RTE over the course of this pandemic, they get in the experts via video link then don't listen to them, cutting them off on good points to sway back to the Irish fear mongers, some disgraceful behavior going on.
    Trump's correct, you can't have a debate over zoom, he's correct to not play along with bunker Joe, if he's afraid of Trump's unactive covid he has no business being president.

• Advertisement

We've witnessed it plenty of time on RTE over the course of this pandemic, they get in the experts via video link then don't listen to them, cutting them off on good points to sway back to the Irish fear mongers, some disgraceful behavior going on.
    Trump's correct, you can't have a debate over zoom, he's correct to not play along with bunker Joe, if he's afraid of Trump's unactive covid he has no business being president.

If only Trump adhered to the rules of only speaking when it is your time to do so, then there'd be no need to cut him off.

But he can't of course as we saw last week with himself and last night with Pence.

P.S. Wasn't Trump the one who ran to the bunker in the White House before emerging to gas citizens exercising their first amendment rights for a photo op?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement