Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Your future sounds bleak, when has American politics ever been insignificant?

Its gone to another level with Trump though. There was a time this felt like American Current Affairs - and its scandal after scandal, issue after issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,579 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Its gone to another level with Trump though. There was a time this felt like American Current Affairs - and its scandal after scandal, issue after issue.

drama queens such as trump, can have that affect alright

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

So Donski didn't win the Nobel peace prize again

Shame really

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    drama queens such as trump, can have that affect alright

And the drama queens in general that exist in the world.

It will be interesting to see if it dies down, or does it just shift to the other side if Biden wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I'd say he'll be re-elected, but lose the popular vote by a wider margin, which means nothing really

All that means is that people in LA and New York are not voting for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,579 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

And the drama queens in general that exist in the world.

It will be interesting to see if it dies down, or does it just shift to the other side if Biden wins.

most are probably cluster b's, like himself

oh that would just be another sh1t show alright

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Billy Mays wrote: »

Shame really

Who won? Not that it matters, he will be having a good twitter rant about it anyway. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Who won? Not that it matters, he will be having a good twitter rant about it anyway. :pac:
    The World Food Programme

Igotadose wrote: »
    Funny, I can think of a lot of entertainment types that support the #IMPOTUS. Kanye. His wife. James Woods. Sure you're right about that 99.9% thing?

Is Kim Kardashian a Republican? Since when?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Billy Mays wrote: »

Shame really

But, but Obama!? Drones!

World Food Programme? Who the **** is that?

Joking aside, I did have to Google WFP, I like when I've to Google Nobel prize winners (which is more often than not). It reminds me of a bigger world outside my blinkered sphere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I could be wrong but I think the recent ridiculous Peace Prize nomination was for the 2021 prize. Nominations for this year's peace prize closed in February this year.
    He won't win it anyway, but dunno if anyone nominated him for this year's one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Funny, I can think of a lot of entertainment types that support the #IMPOTUS. Kanye. His wife. James Woods. Sure you're right about that 99.9% thing?

Make that 99.9% of the likeable ones without serious personality disorders.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

You named three people and asked me if I'm sure about my 99.9% guesstimation?

Yeah, I'm sure. Name 100 and I might revise it.

You only have to look at the near nervous breakdown Jimmy Fallon had (in response to the backslash he received from his fellow lefties after he joked around with Trump on his show) to see the kind of grip liberals have in certain circles in the States when it comes to which political views will and will not be tolerated.

So, yeah - I think BattleCorp is absolutely right when he says that polls are likely "skewed due to the fact that many people won't publicly admit that they are going to vote Trump".

• Registered Users Posts: 56,469 ✭✭✭✭walshb

No idea if he wins or not, but if he loses, he will have lost to probably the most uninspiring candidate in U.S. history...

So what does that say about how bad Trump is....?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭headtheball14

There are a significant proportion of the population who will vote for him purely on the basis that their 401k has boomed under his presidency.
    The stock market has rocketed in the confidence that he will do anything to keep stock prices increasing. It will lose value under Biden in the knowledge that he will take other things into consideration .

It is entirely self interested voting and despite these voters agreeing he is racist, untrustworthy and dangerous they will still vote for him.
    They are locked in now to it and more motivated than they were in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

There are a significant proportion of the population who will vote for him purely on the basis that their 401k has boomed under his presidency.

Again, why are they lying to pollsters?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

The stock market has rocketed in the confidence that he will do anything to keep stock prices increasing. It will lose value under Biden in the knowledge that he will take other things into consideration .

It is entirely self interested voting and despite these voters agreeing he is racist, untrustworthy and dangerous they will still vote for him.
    They are locked in now to it and more motivated than they were in 2016.
    Percentage-wise, the Dow Jones has grown by less than the previous two Democratic presidents (Obama and Clinton) the same amount of time into their first term. Even before Covid, the Dow Jones lagged behind during Trump's presidency compared to Obama's and Clinton's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

That's what't not being explained here. It's one thing not to wish to step out in public and declare your voting intentions in public. It's another thing entirely to have the same issue with a private phone call or an online form.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

There's probably a social stigma attached to voting for Donald Trump so some people might not be willing to publically air the fact that they are going to vote for Trump.

That's what't not being explained here. It's one thing not to wish to step out in public and declare your voting intentions in public. It's another thing entirely to have the same issue with a private phone call or an online form.

Yep, I've been polled by Gallup a few times and don't recall divulging any info that would even make me identifiable. So can't fathom the supposed fear.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

anyone see the pro-Biden celebrities getting all naked

Boobs for Biden

Hollywood showing it could get even dumber than it was.

RIGOLO wrote: »

Boobs for Biden

Why is Naomi Campbell in it? She is English, isn't she? Silverman's bod isn't too bad. The daugher I mean, not the father. :pac::pac:

Boobs for Biden

What's dumb is a legal system that allows the numerous ways the Republicans use to invalidate and minimise the pool of voters and gerrymander electoral boundaries. It's unprecedented amoung countries which class themselves democratic.

cnocbui wrote: »
    What's dumb is a legal system that allows the numerous ways the Republicans use to invalidate and minimise the pool of voters and gerrymander electoral boundaries. It's unprecedented amoung countries which class themselves democratic.

Hang on. Don't the rules apply equally to both sides?

walshb wrote: »
    No idea if he wins or not, but if he loses, he will have lost to probably the most uninspiring candidate in U.S. history...

So what does that say about how bad Trump is....?

It does nothing whatsoever to alter the fact the Trump is the worst US president in history.

What does it say when the worst Democrat candidate in 50 years is infinetly preferable to the current Republican incumbent?

It does nothing whatsoever to alter the fact the Trump is the worst US president in history.

What does it say when the worst Democrat candidate in 50 years is infinetly preferable to the current Republican incumbent?

Trump the worst President in US history , now its hardly a fact is it.

I do agree that Biden (2020) is the worst Democrat candidate in history .
    Biden (2016) would have been better but still probably lost .

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Hang on. Don't the rules apply equally to both sides?

No.
    n October, a new North Dakota law changed identification requirements, disproportionately affecting Native American voters. In North Carolina, voter ID laws target black people “with almost surgical precision,” according to the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals Judge Diana Gribbon Motz.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Boobs for Biden

At least thats something a bit fun - this is way worse:

Trump the worst President in US history , now its hardly a fact is it.

It's a fact.

• Advertisement

No.

in October, a new North Dakota law changed identification requirements, disproportionately affecting Native American voters. In North Carolina, voter ID laws target black people “with almost surgical precision,” according to the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals Judge Diana Gribbon Motz.

So your a fan of Native Americans, me too I love a good western. You must have been delighted with all the work the Trump Administration did for Native Americans .

Looking to resolve the high murder rate in their communities and granting them $8billion in funding in May.

Trump Administration Establishes the First Cold Case Task Force Office for Missing and Murdered American Indians and Alaska Natives

https://www.doi.gov/pressreleases/trump-administration-establishes-first-cold-case-task-force-office-missing-and

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trump-protecting-native-american-community-combat-coronavirus/
    The initial allocation of this funding, totaling nearly $5 billion, will be one of the largest programmatic investments in Indian Country in our Nation’s history.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement