Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

cnocbui wrote: »
    It's a fact.

I'm not a Trump fan but what you've stated is an opinion, not a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

BattleCorp wrote: »

Its true - needs to be qualified - there are metrics you could use - but as a statement on its own, it is opinion..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

RIGOLO wrote: »
    So your a fan of Native Americans, me too I love a good western. You must have been delighted with all the work the Trump Administration did for Native Americans .

Looking to resolve the high murder rate in their communities and granting them $8billion in funding in May.

https://www.doi.gov/pressreleases/trump-administration-establishes-first-cold-case-task-force-office-missing-and

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trump-protecting-native-american-community-combat-coronavirus/

And now for the real story about all that: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/03/trump-mount-rushmore-347982

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

BattleCorp wrote: »

I think Trump's open exhortations to violence, to his right wing good old boys, to overthrow a democratically elected government in Michigan, is on it's own, factual enough to validate my statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

For no other reason than just by looking at the people who are anti-Trump.........I would vote Trump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,579 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

sonofenoch wrote:
    For no other reason than just by looking at the people who are anti-Trump.........I would vote Trump

What do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,716 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

sonofenoch wrote: »

That's exactly why we think people vote for him.

It is a motivation fueled by hatred of others, more than admiration for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,549 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    What do you mean?

It’s not worth asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

sonofenoch wrote: »

So you judge people by their looks?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

cnocbui wrote: »
    I think Trump's open exhortations to violence, to his right wing good old boys, to overthrow a democratically elected government in Michigan, is on it's own, factual enough to validate my statement.

not really thats just your opinion on one incident, it does nothing to create a factual narrative as to his performance as the 45th POTUS..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Trump the worst President in US history , now its hardly a fact is it.

I do agree that Biden (2020) is the worst Democrat candidate in history .
    Biden (2016) would have been better but still probably lost .

In some sense it is a fact. Especially in terms of the number of Republicans he's convinced to vote for a Democrat candidate.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    In some sense it is a fact. Especially in terms of the number of Republicans he's convinced to vote for a Democrat candidate.

well those 25 days went very fast, is the election over.. who won

The New York Times have uncovered more dodgy financial practices from Trump's tax returns. It looks like he funneled millions from his hotels and into his election campaign, which is illegal.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election/donald-trump-taxes-2016-campaign-las-vegas-hotel-windfall-phil-ruffin-b913934.html?utm_content=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1602262134

• Registered Users Posts: 21,716 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

The New York Times have uncovered more dodgy financial practices from Trump's tax returns. It looks like he funneled millions from his hotels and into his election campaign, which is illegal.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election/donald-trump-taxes-2016-campaign-las-vegas-hotel-windfall-phil-ruffin-b913934.html?utm_content=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1602262134

I'm reading Michael Cohen's book at the moment.
    I expect that whatever we hear in the news, is the tip of the iceberg.

do you mean the election he won in 2016.. is that the campaign your talking about, the one he beat Hilary Clinton in for US President, is that the one , the one he was the rank outsider and defeated everyone mainstream news , fake news, pollsters and The Democrat Party.. that one ..

If thats the one your talking about I must have a read of the article

I guess its not enough for anti-Trumpers to have wasted their dreams and hopes and countless hours of their lives on Michael Avenatti, Stormy Daniels , Mueller nothing burgers, they also want to give money to a NY lawyer and fund his legal expenses. Its a free'ish country I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Hand in Your Pants

If there was anything really dodgy on Trump they would have dug it up the first time around. All of the money and brainpower being thrown at discrediting Trump during the last election and all they could dig up was some ugly locker room talk. With all of the Anthony Weiners doing the rounds on the democrat circuit, Americans will see through the attempts to defame Trump.

do you mean the election he won in 2016.. is that the campaign your talking about, the one he beat Hilary Clinton in for US President, is that the one , the one he was the rank outsider and defeated everyone mainstream news , fake news, pollsters and The Democrat Party.. that one ..

If thats the one your talking about I must have a read of the article

You start every post asking me a question then answering it to your own satisfaction. You don't even need to reply to my posts to do that.

Yes I've seen the segments where he talks about financial transactions that Trump was extremely worried about. Interesting stuff. I'm guessing the Times are holding out on far bigger stories than they're letting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    What do you mean?

Lots of loony rich kids.

Pity Trump is so divisive, he could have won by a landslide with a little effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,579 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Danzy wrote:
    Lots of loony rich kids.

All of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭riddles

Trump is probably America’s most despicable president on a human level. If you measure modern presidents in terms of outcomes then Clinton ranks as the most ruinous. The China trade deal and financial deregulation were a disaster. The impact of both are the reason we are in the precarious situation we are in with the global ponsi asset bubble economy and China got its foothold at the top table.

Although he has at least apologised recently, his treatment of Monica Lewinsky was terrible. And it is not a stretch to suggest his almost full time efforts to deal with his impeachment almost certainly influenced the prioritisation of the US response to Al Qaeda. He also admitted in a speech hours before the 911 attack that he could “have got Bin Laden”.

As much as it would have been great to have a female president. There was justice at least that kept that two bit huckster Bill out of the place.

Trump is a terrible person in every facet but he has served at least a very real purpose. He is a representation of the cynical business leaders that are manipulating the rules of law to get ever more wealthy. He represents the challenge women’s rights still need to overcome. He also exposed the level of hate that existed in America and has bubbled to boiling with the advent of social media.

Ironically media proposition supported by ill informed celebrities that “Trump is everything that is wrong with the country”, has at least brought things to a point where they can be addressed. Unfortunately I don’t expect Biden has vision, energy or enthusiasm to address these things.

The outcomes of the Clinton presidency will need fixing first.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/grifters-in-chief-1477610771

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

You’d have a hard job convincing me that the US would be in a worse place right now had ol bill and hillary got back in instead of trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

MadYaker wrote: »
    You’d have a hard job convincing me that the US would be in a worse place right now had ol bill and hillary got back in instead of trump.

Latest gallop polls says 56% of voters feel wealthier now than they did last election time...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1314402920474042371?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 13,606 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Latest gallop polls says 56% of voters feel wealthier now than they did last election time...

Make it easier to pay for funeral expenses then, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,549 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Trump: "Are you guys sure you don't want to rethink the question?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

MadYaker wrote: »

Maybe that's right at the heart of the problem.. feeling wealthier and actually better off (either financially or as a society or any other measure of better) are very different things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Slightly Off topic I know but would you recommend ??? I’ve read others that were fascinating - I think it would be a page turner!!

Igotadose wrote: »
    Make it easier to pay for funeral expenses then, eh?

Keep up the good work...your playing a blinder:)

Trump's unhinged critics are now just doing his job for him

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/trumps-unhinged-critics-are-now-just-doing-his-job-for-him-39602953.html

• Advertisement

km991148 wrote: »
    Maybe that's right at the heart of the problem.. feeling wealthier and actually better off (either financially or as a society or any other measure of better) are very different things.

I voted FG as they put more money in my pocket, it was that simple. I'd assume that 56% will do the same.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement