Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Trump will win this, again he'll lose popular vote but will win crucial swing states.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

I voted FG as they put more money in my pocket, it was that simple. I'd assume that 56% will do the same.

I don't think you can compare Irish society with American at the moment.

But regardless, that just goes in to illustrate the point further - being focused on either feeling wealthier or slightly more financially better off (they themselves aren't even equatable)

What's the point in having one or two percent more cash in your pocket if your society is turning to sh!t?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Latest gallop polls says 56% of voters feel wealthier now than they did last election time...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1314402920474042371?s=20

“Facts Don’t Care About Your Feelings”

• Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Trump will win this, again he'll lose popular vote but will win crucial swing states.
    Well you might as well pile in if you believe that, great odds atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

km991148 wrote: »
    I don't think you can compare Irish society with American at the moment.

But regardless, that just goes in to illustrate the point further - being focused on either feeling wealthier or slightly more financially better off (they themselves aren't even equatable)

What's the point in having one or two percent more cash in your pocket if your society is turning to sh!t?

It's turning to crap because of the Democrats from what i'm seeing they have not stopped trying to take him down from day one, Pelosi was the icing on cake the other day, I think the average person can see through that and it paints a very a very unhinged and frightened picture of the Democrats right now. She might as well admitted Biden is going to lose, she doesn't have confidence they can take him out at the ballot box.

• Advertisement

It's turning to crap because of the Democrats from what i'm seeing they have not stopped trying to take him down from day one, Pelosi was the icing on cake the other day, I think the average person can see through that and it paints a very a very unhinged and frightened picture of the Democrats right now. She might as well admitted Biden is going to lose, she doesn't have confidence they can take him out at the ballot box.

Enjoy your day

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

gmisk wrote: »

Yup, if I was onto a "sure thing" like that then I would be selling everything of value I have and making some easy tax free money.

They never seem to be THAT sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

“Facts Don’t Care About Your Feelings”

Election results do

I piled in at today's price, should cover a couple of nights in Doonbeg for the inauguration party. Hope they supply the hats and kick out all journalists again like last time.

Which swing states are you predicting Trump will take?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I piled in at today's price, should cover a couple of nights in Doonbeg for the inauguration party. Hope they supply the hats and kick out all journalists again like last time.

Post the slip

I'd love to see that docket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Election results do

Yes and it’s looking likely Biden will win.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Post the slip

You can wait until November to see it:p

Restassured it's on and will easily cover a couple of nights with Dinner and Drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Do you remember Bill Clinton's presidency? The republicans launched an avalanche of every contrived and underhanded thing they could think of to attack Clinton and remove him from office by hook and by crook. It was absolutely relentless. Trump has had it easy by comparrison. Clinton left the US with the largest budget surpuss the country ever had, then those neocons puppeteering that clown Bush spent every last cent of that surpluss and then some, leaving the US in near economic ruin, which Obama then spent his entire presidency trying to repair, and he managed it to the point Trump was crowing about how great the stock market was doing minutes after he was in office and thumping his chest and bragging about what a great job he had done compared to Obama, when really it was just economic momentum from Obamas good works.

Now another republican president has f*cked it up yet again. It's like a sine wave - Democrat president runs the country in a responsible manner and then a Republican one comes in and eats all the sweets in the jar and smashes the piggy bank to go and hand out alms to some millitay, oil or other old-wealth industry.

How Americans can be so blind to this cycle is beyond my ken.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

If there was anything really dodgy on Trump they would have dug it up the first time around. All of the money and brainpower being thrown at discrediting Trump during the last election and all they could dig up was some ugly locker room talk. With all of the Anthony Weiners doing the rounds on the democrat circuit, Americans will see through the attempts to defame Trump.

If it would be that simple to proof Mafia- style business practices, there wouldn’t be any Mafia type organisations around.
    Trump always relied on his team of lawyers.
    He would have gotten away with murder. Now more so than ever before.

S&P 500 is pretty accurate at predicting the Next US President, it's correct 83% of the time and all the indicators are in Trump's favor.

You can wait until November to see it:p

Restassured it's on and will easily cover a couple of nights with Dinner and Drinks.

Trump loses an we will never see you post here again, well...not under that account name.

Trump loses an we will never see you post here again, well...not under that account name.

When he wins I'll bring a bucket for your tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

Latest gallop polls says 56% of voters feel wealthier now than they did last election time...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1314402920474042371?s=20

Is there a link to that poll?
    I could only find this poll:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/317765/satisfaction-among-americans-remains-nine-year-low.aspx

• Advertisement

S&P 500 is pretty accurate at predicting the Next US President, it's correct 83% of the time and all the indicators are in Trump's favor.

Meanwhile Wall Street are backing Biden.
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/09/investing/bank-earnings-preview/index.html

Lolle06 wrote: »

From here

https://news.gallup.com/opinion/gallup/321650/gallup-election-2020-coverage.aspx

It covers the period before the debates. Also when you look at it its around the percentage as most people polled at the same point in the election cycle for last few presidents.

What is different on this one is the number of people that don't really like him. That's dropped a good bit (but presumably that won't translate directly to lost votes, due to many factors such as the system in general and it's two horse race).

Incidentally, Biden comes out as 'honest' and Trump as 'strong' as if honesty is a weakness (again tho this is based on pre debate data, the effects of Trump being scared to do 2nd debate and how that is spun has yet to be seen).

No tears here kiddo, I dont believe Trump will win but if he does i don't see it affect me that much. My friends and family in the US are the ones I feel sorry for if he does win.

If Trump wins, he might get to preside over the second civil war. Given his handling of Covid-19, that will go well.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Do you have a link?

Trump is losing the old vote: https://reason.com/2020/10/06/trump-is-losing-old-people-to-biden-in-battleground-states/

I'd put my faith in that as an indicator far more than I would the state of the stock market.

I think the fundamentals of the stock market have changed totally in the past year. If it had gone with the wisdom of El Erian, Buffett and almost every hedge fund manager and financial commentator in existence, the stock market would currently still be falling after a massive sell off. So without the unprecedented, history changing magic ingredient, the stock market would be down and heading south.

The magic ingredient that has changed everything is zero interest rates making the stock market almost the only game in town for people seeking a return on investments. This has lead to unprecedented numbers of retail investors getting out of cash and into the stock market, which some have dubbed the Robinhood effect, after the popular investment platform.

If the stock market has had a real predictive value, then it may have lost it's mojo for this one as it's not the same stock market as it was in the past.

Do you have a link?

If you go back to the posts 4yrs ago over in the investing forum there was a thread about it. It was correct then and it's looking like a repeat.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/stock-market-correctly-predicted-next-president-biden-donald-trump-election-2020-6-1029351214

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Well this certainly is a familiar type of post...

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

There's such a divide in America between right and left its like the American Civil war. The problem for the left is that if there ever was a 'hot' civil war they'd get their arses handed to them as the military support Trump because he pumps money into them and hasn't gotten them involved in a silly war.
    Looking in at the Irish media..its like a battle between good and evil when to repeat the oft misquoted phrase...'there's good people on both sides'. The lack of a centre right daily newspaper and the dominant left wing bias in Irish journalists and UK ones aswell like 'Sopel' the BBC editor...means there will be a simmering resentment and no debate until its too late here aswell and we ll all be dragged into these culture wars..we ll all have to pick a side..Thats the inevitable outcome .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,716 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

BloodyBill wrote: »
    There's such a divide in America between right and left its like the American Civil war. The problem for the left is that if there ever was a 'hot' civil war they'd get their arses handed to them as the military support Trump because he pumps money into them and hasn't gotten them involved in a silly war.
    Looking in at the Irish media..its like a battle between good and evil when to repeat the oft misquoted phrase...'there's good people on both sides'. The lack of a centre right daily newspaper and the dominant left wing bias in Irish journalists and UK ones aswell like 'Sopel' the BBC editor...means there will be a simmering resentment and no debate until its too late here aswell and we ll all be dragged into these culture wars..we ll all have to pick a side..Thats the inevitable outcome .

Trump will be inconsequential with respect to the American military in little over 3 months. Fingers crossed.

Most UK media is centre right.

Irish people thus far have thankfully so far treated the Irish version of prominent US/UK populists with the contempt they deserve.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement