Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Be interesting to see if this gets labelled "Manipulated Media" by Twitter:

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1316811506613325824

If we are the stage where we *really* need to explain the difference between satire or parody and articles presented as fact that are full of false information, then we truly are fcuked.

Wether you like it or not these are things that the American people would like answers to, Trump squirming and not answering the questions has now given them their answer.

He refused to condemn QAnon last night.... It's getting more and more ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Oh dear, really scraping the barrel now Pete, thats the boards equivalent of FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Once again, seems Trump and his fans reaction to being challenged on anything at all is to cry and whine.

Nothing is ever his fault, nobody ever treats him fairly........yet we're supposed to believe he's a "strong" leader?

When laypeople defend any politician that staunchly it's clearly down to propaganda

This idea of having fans and supporters to this extent should be reserved for sports teams

Fully grown adults embarrassing themselves to the point of no longer being able to think for themselves about politics

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭hirondelle

Trump's Townhall is hostile as fcuk, surprise surprise. Asking him nonsense questions about Qanon and White Supremacy.

Will Biden be asked questions about Antifa and the latest Hunter email scandal? We'll see.

So you think it nonsense to question Trump about retweeting a claim that Obama fabricated the killing of Bin Laden? That the Navy facilitated this?

Let some light in Pete, that basement is too gloomy and your thinking is getting more and more confused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Ah come on Pete, you believed less realistic video edits than that when it came from Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bocaman

Is Trump listing? Has he played his last card with Hunter Biden. Clearly he wasn't happy last night. Still I dont think he'll go quietly if beaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

bocaman wrote: »
    Is Trump listing? Has he played his last card with Hunter Biden. Clearly he wasn't happy last night. Still I dont think he'll go quietly if beaten.

At the moment it looks like Biden will win by such a margin that it’ll be very hard for Trump to cry fowl. Easier to cast doubt in people’s minds if it’s close.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

bocaman wrote: »
    More Hunter leaks coming today.

• Advertisement

If Trumps big plan is to let Rudy make noise about this from the sidelines and hope that’s its enough he’s finished. He didn’t even mention it in the Town Hall interview last night.

Like the ones that the FBI are investigating because they're looking likely to be fake and manufactured by foreign interests?

MadYaker wrote: »
    If Trumps big plan is to let Rudy make noise about this from the sidelines and hope that’s its enough he’s finished. He didn’t even mention it in the Town Hall interview last night.

He did a great job during the townhall I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,605 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

You're not someone's crazy uncle, you're the President!

Awesome

Igotadose wrote: »

Awesome

Yes, she clearly had an agenda.

She did indeed, she wanted to know why the President of the US retweeted a claim that Obama fabricated the killing of Osama Bin Laden and that the US Navy were complicit in this.

Care to suggest why any responsible person wouldn't ask him why he did this?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

He missed the softball answer to the question about corporation tax. He should be slamming home the facts about US multinationals located in Ireland and elsewhere not repatriating profits. These are the types of things you need to nail to win the undecided votes.

Everytime I watch him answer questions it seems like he hits the same points that resonate most with his base.

He doesn't need to pander to his base, he has those votes. It's the independents and undecideds that he should be scrambling for right now and I'm not seeing Trump as the obvious candidate for those votes as it stands. I still have no clear view on many of the policies that he should be putting front and centre right now.

What is the incentive to vote for him if you don't already love him or hate Biden and are genuinely in the middle?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

She is a part of the American media so 100% she has an Agenda, both sides exaggerate as they decide to follow one political party and blacken the party they do not support, things have gotten worse than ever with the media lying about Russian involvement in the election or mis-quoting things this president has said which made a lot of the public lose faith in what they were hearing on the news and some even switching sides because of it. There is no such thing as a non partisan media in America unfortunately.

She is a part of the American media so 100% she has an Agenda, both sides exaggerate as they decide to follow one political party and blacken the party they do not support, things have gotten worse than ever with the media lying about Russian involvement in the election or mis-quoting things this president has said which made a lot of the public lose faith in what they were hearing on the news and some even switching sides because of it. There is no such thing as a non partisan media in America unfortunately.

Are you saying that all her questions are invalidated then?

8-10 wrote: »
    He missed the softball answer to the question about corporation tax. He should be slamming home the facts about US multinationals located in Ireland and elsewhere not repatriating profits. These are the types of things you need to nail to win the undecided votes.

Everytime I watch him answer questions it seems like he hits the same points that resonate most with his base.

He doesn't need to pander to his base, he has those votes. It's the independents and undecideds that he should be scrambling for right now and I'm not seeing Trump as the obvious candidate for those votes as it stands. I still have no clear view on many of the policies that he should be putting front and centre right now.

What is the incentive to vote for him if you don't already love him or hate Biden and are genuinely in the middle?

The Trump campaign in 2016 was a lot more impressive. I didn't agree with anything they were saying but it was clear that the people running it could see where the votes were and Trump was able to target them effectively with his message as a result. I don't know if it's brain drain due to talented people not wanting to hitch their wagon to the trump train or what but its a shadow of his 2016 campaign.

• Advertisement

He's really trying not to let that mask slip, but with all of them it eventually does.

The annoyance and anger is stepping up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

What were the highlights?

MadYaker wrote: »
    The Trump campaign in 2016 was a lot more impressive. I didn't agree with anything they were saying but it was clear that the people running it could see where the votes were and Trump was able to target them effectively with his message as a result. I don't know if it's brain drain due to talented people not wanting to hitch their wagon to the trump train or what but its a shadow of his 2016 campaign.

In fairness a lot of Trump's campaign team and advisers are either in Jail and/or have been completely put off by Trump's behaviour.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    In fairness a lot of Trump's campaign team and advisers are either in Jail and/or have been completely put off by Trump's behaviour.

Or else he gave them covid :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Igotadose wrote: »

Awesome

https://twitter.com/MaryLTrump/status/1316904814467600386

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Ah come on Pete, you believed less realistic video edits than that when it came from Trump.

Did I now - such as?
    He refused to condemn QAnon last night.... It's getting more and more ridiculous.

Why should he condemn a group he knows nothing about? These are just questions designed to get soundbytes. Most of America has no idea who or what the f*** Qanon is. They are trolls from what I can see. Was Biden asked to condemn scumbag violent Antifa or comment on his son's emails? Nope, course not, as I predicted.
    Wether you like it or not these are things that the American people would like answers to, Trump squirming and not answering the questions has now given them their answer.

Yeah, cause Trump has never condemned White Supremacy before like :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/abigailmarone/status/1311707571737309184

Is he supposed to give a live presser every morning for the rest of his tenure and condemn white supremacy or something?

Pete, he mentioned QAnon about a month ago... Also a bit bizarre that he's oblivious to groups that are his base.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Yes, and he said the same thing then:
    "I don’t know much about the movement other than I understand they like me very much"

Yes, and he said the same thing then:

So why would he not have information on them now then? If he was aware of them, knew he didn't know about them then got caught out again.. looks a little bit silly now, doesn't it?

• Advertisement

Yeah, cause Trump has never condemned White Supremacy before like :rolleyes:

You are right he has..

Crossposting my response to a similar remark from the other thread:
    km991148 wrote: »
    He has. He has also encouraged them multiple times.

It's typical narcissist word salad. Give all the options and let others fight it out.

Not being able to clearly and firmly state his position and stick with it is not denouncement. It's throwing out a few breadcrumbs of hope to his fans, obfuscation and non committal. This is to keep his options open and allow him to deny something in the future.

It's weak.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement