Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

km991148 wrote: »
    You are right he has..

Crossposting my response to a similar remark from the other thread:

When has he encouraged white supremacists?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Team Biden's new strategy: Run out the clock
    Call it the don’t-touch-anything strategy.

Team Biden knows they’re ahead against President Trump, with national polls showing Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden above the 50 percent mark. And with under three weeks to go until Election Day, the campaign has been doing just enough to keep things where they are as the clock ticks down to Nov. 3.

“They don’t want to break anything in the last three weeks,” said one Democratic strategist. “If the election were held today, they would win. They know it, and more importantly, Trump knows it.”

source

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Why should he condemn a group he knows nothing about? These are just questions designed to get soundbytes. Most of America has no idea who or what the f*** Qanon is. They are trolls from what I can see. Was Biden asked to condemn scumbag violent Antifa or comment on his son's emails? Nope, course not,
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Seems reasonable.
    When you've managed to convince enough people with your current strategy, it would be pointless to change things up with 3 weeks to go.

Especially when the other guy seems to break everything he touches.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭maccored

who is killing these black people ?

why its the other black people who are committing more murders, despite only being 13% of the population.

Also the police in the US shoot more white people than black people, but that is usually covered up as it does not suit the agenda .
    Here is another fact, of the black people shot by the police, they were mostly killed by...wait for it...black and hispanic officers.

I am sure someone will along at some point to label me racist for posting stats that do not go along with the current agenda

there are a lot - A LOT - more white people in america than black, and your 'stats' do not reflect that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Cmon man - don't do that - the whole week after the first debate was taken up about his inability to talk straight on this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

And this is a bad thing because?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Cmon man - don't do that - the whole week after the first debate was taken up about his inability to talk straight on this issue.

So you don't have an answer then. Truth is he has never encouraged white supremacists and in fact condemned them for decades. But wacism accusations are all the left have, hence them never shutting the fcuk up about them. The fact that when Trump asked Wallace for a white supremacist group to condemn and he instantly named the fcuking Proud Boys, says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,711 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

This approach in itself will appeal to people who are sick of the noise and bluster coming from the oval office.

When he tried to legitimise them by suggesting there were fine people amongst them.

When he refused to denounce them at the first (and probably only) Presidential debate.

Are these facts new to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

So you don't have an answer then. Truth is he has never encouraged white supremacists and in fact condemned them for decades. But wacism accusations are all the left have, hence them never shutting the fcuk up about them. The fact that when Trump asked Wallace for a white supremacist group to condemn and he instantly named the fcuking Proud Boys, says it all.
    Not really

My answer is the word salad he used in the first debate. That is why I referenced the first debate and the ensuing chaos.

In your world that might be those pesky democrats trying to make something out of nothing, but it was clearly not the case as evidenced by the fact that the 'fcucking proud boys' as you put it were instantly celebrating because Trump minced his words about some vague crap about stand down and stand by..

Why aren't you asking yourself why the great Donald trump, the greatest leader of all time isn't able to put this to bed? Why when asked the (very boringly predictable) question about QAnon there wasn't a straight clear cut answer instead of playing the victim, denial and blame.

Even if we run with the assumption that there is an agenda against him here, and his opposition is pushing it, it's very easy to kill this off without mixing your words.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Not really

Nor weally :pac: (cmon, it's Friday after all)

You are right he has..

Crossposting my response to a similar remark from the other thread:

We have users on the thread saying that Trump's view on Qanaon are something the American people need answers on and that's what you post?? I'm amazed you thought so highly of that reply you would repost it quite frankly :P

The average American couldn't give a fcuk about Qa-fcuking-non. They care about tax hikes, job growth, cost of living, stopping/preventing wars, politicians not getting away with being corrupt, or using the DOJ to spy on / undermine their political opponents etc etc. The left's talking points on the other hand are not something which concern as many people as they delusively think they do. I guess because the MSM amplify these non-issues it's somewhat understandable though. We live in strange and dangerous times. Many people died as a result of the left's race baiting and identity politics apalooza this year. They have no shame.

And this is a bad thing because?

The old adage of give em enough rope and they can hang themselves does seem to be applicable here.

We live in strange and dangerous times. Many people died as a result of the left's race baiting and identity politics apalooza this year. They have no shame.

I'm ignoring the first part of your deflective post - I don''t really care as much as you obviously do regarding who wins and what Americans care about. The place is a fcuking mess and I am glad I have fcuk all to do with it.

The last part is more interesting.. You are right - these are becoming dangerous times. The Irony with which you post the comment regarding shame is telling. Maybe it all of our responsibility to stop being caught up on all this blame and arguing.

At least as a republican Trump has not entered america in another war

He has brought the country closer to civil war than any President in over 150 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

The average American couldn't give a fcuk about Qa-fcuking-non. They care about tax hikes, job growth, cost of living, stopping/preventing wars, politicians not getting away with being corrupt, or using the DOJ to spy on / undermine their political opponents etc etc. T

Yes! And health care is a big one too. And he talked clearly through his plan last night.

And to think people think he just Tweets, Golfs and watches TV.
    Trump wrote:
    So we got rid of the individual mandate on Obamacare, which was the worst part of Obamacare, and now you could actually say it’s not Obamacare because that’s how big it was, where you had to pay a fortune for the privilege of not having to pay for bad health insurance, so we got rid of that. That was a big, big thing. And by doing that, and we will always have… By the way, we’re always protecting people with pre-existing conditions, and I can’t say that more strongly, but we’ve been able to bring healthcare costs way down. Now, I took over Obamacare, got rid of the individual mandate, made it good, managed it much better. Remember, they had the $5 billion website disaster, and all of the problems they had. The problem with Obamacare, it’s not good. We’d like to terminate it, and we want a much less expensive healthcare that’s a much better healthcare, and that’s where we’re aiming. And if we can do that, and we have a very good chance of doing it, but we’ve also brought down the price of Obamacare. The problem with Obamacare, it basically is never going to be great, and I want to give great healthcare. So important. And thank you very much.

I can't see that plan failing.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Yes! And health care is a big one too. And he talked clearly through his plan last night.

And to think people think he just Tweets, Golfs and watches TV.

I can't see that plan failing.

He completely failed to mention his drug price order to stop US Pharma overcharging which I think was a serious miss. The individual mandate was awful for states without a lot of competition among insurers. I know people are repping universal healthcare but considering the framework they have, Trump has made inroads into reducing the costs without throwing out the system that I doubt any US president has the authority to fully replace.

When he tried to legitimise them by suggesting there were fine people amongst them.

When he refused to denounce them at the first (and probably only) Presidential debate.

Are these facts new to you?

Are THESE facts new to YOU??
    Nn1.png

How the hell can saying a group of people should be "condemned totally" be "legitimizing" them??

By that logic you are also claiming that Trump was legitimizing Antifa because he also said there was fine people on their side too.

Just because you really really want Trump to have said something (and boy do you) doesn't mean that he actually said it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

That’s not the real healthcare plan, the real one will be here in 2 weeks!

How the hell can saying a group of people should be "condemned totally" be "legitimizing" them??

By that logic you are also claiming that Trump was legitimizing Antifa because he also said there was fine people on their side too.

Just because you really really want Trump to have said something (and boy do you) doesn't mean that he actually said it

Got a link to whatever that screen shot is?

By the way - here is how you condemn something:

"I condemn something"

Not -

"Something should be condemned and the thing is it wasn't all the something because there was also other things in with the something and while I wont say it I am going to mention that other thing over there because if I get a shot in at that maybe someone will run with than and that puts enough fluff in here so that something can't get too offended and maybe they wont take at that way because then if the wind blows the other way I can say I never really said anything much about something."

But it seems the second strategy is working out for him, isn't it Pete?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

MadYaker wrote: »
    That’s not the real healthcare plan, the real one will be here in 2 weeks!

Seems like an age ago he said the 2 weeks.

I think his plans are just "Make X great". A good plan fits on a hat.

I must try it in work. "Well I've analysed the system. The problem is the system is not good. The system will never be great. I will make a new system. It will be great."

You should include the 2 minutes in his speech before these comments.
    There is no doubt that Trump is trying to support people involved in such overt marches and give them a narrative that 'oh, we are not white supremacists, we just disagree with what is happening to statues'

Given what happened in Charlottesville, and the extreme sights of people marching in white shirts with tiki torches, he really went out of his way to make sure they didn't all feel condemned. That, to me, and to most other people watching was seeking to legitimise them.

Just because you really want Trump to be something, and (and boy do you) doesn't mean that he is such.

The last part is more interesting.. You are right - these are becoming dangerous times. The Irony with which you post the comment regarding shame is telling. Maybe it all of our responsibility to stop being caught up on all this blame and arguing.

No, now is the perfect time for blame as it is only when those who are responsible for chaos, unrest and destruction are called out for it, that they can be stopped in their tracks and something done to ensure that they can not continue. Identity politics is bringing society to its knees and anarchy to the streets. Scumbags burning, maiming and killing in huge numbers. This can not be ignored. The radical left are propagating an evil. hateful, wrong headed ideology on not just America, but throughout Western Society. Triggering the brainwashed to pull down statues and intimidate companies into nonsensically changing the names of food products is just a small peek into the control these people are after. They are fascists no matter what they call themselves and they need to be cut off at the root before they do any more damage with their poisonous rhetoric .

You should include the 2 minutes in his speech before these comments.
    There is no doubt that Trump is trying to support people involved in such overt marches and give them a narrative that 'oh, we are not white supremacists, we just disagree with what is happening to statues'

Given what happened in Charlottesville, and the extreme sights of people marching in white shirts with tiki torches, he really went out of his way to make sure they didn't all feel condemned. That, to me, and to most other people watching was seeking to legitimise them.

Just because you really want Trump to be something, and (and boy do you) doesn't mean that he is such.

Again, he said:
    "They should be condemned TOTALLY"

I'm not sure what you're struggling with exactly.

The truth it would seem.

No, now is the perfect time for blame as it is only when those who are responsible for chaos, unrest and destruction are called out for it, that they can be stopped in their tracks and something done to ensure that they can not continue. Identity politics is bringing society to its knees and anarchy to the streets. Scumbags burning, maiming and killing in huge numbers. This can not be ignored. The radical left are propagating an evil. hateful, wrong headed ideology on not just America, but throughout Western Society. Triggering the brainwashed to pull down statues and intimidate companies into nonsensically changing the names of food products is just a small peek into the control these people are after. They are fascists no matter what they call themselves and they need to be cut off at the root before they do any more damage with their poisonous rhetoric .

So says a white male in a western country who hasn't experienced the prejudice of many in society.

If you were around in the 60's you'd have been saying the same thing about the dangers of desegregation.

Thankfully, society generally moves in a progressive manner irrespective of the luddites who seek to retain the status quo either through ignorance or outright selfishness stoking a fear that the world they are comfortable with might change.

I would suggest looking within. Trying to understand. Stop having such a polarised view and try to be objective or at least understand where the 'other side' are coming from. If everyone tried to do this and not get caught up in trying to sound clever on the internet (and beyond) then things would be in a better shape.

Strong leadership would also help in this regard (calming the flames), but for some the need of the many is just not that important (which is a terribly sad situation for someone in politics, never mind the people presided over).

Again, he said:

The truth it would seem.

While simultaneously giving an excuse to people at the march to say 'Oh, I'm not a white supremacist, I'm just protesting at the removal of our cultural artefacts'

We're not buying it Pete.

• Advertisement

Again, he said:

The truth it would seem.

and so they should be.

I should tell most people on here to fcuk right off, but I haven't for various reasons.

But if I wanted to (and risk the ban, and looking like an a-hole and all else that goes with it) I would have the balls to come out and say fcku right off.

Just to point out - I am not wanting to tell anyone to fcuk off - just highlighting how a sentence can be softened with one word.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement