Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Phoebas wrote: »
    Seems reasonable.
    When you've managed to convince enough people with your current strategy, it would be pointless to change things up with 3 weeks to go.

Especially when the other guy seems to break everything he touches.

They are now wheeling out Obama to stump for Biden, he has been notably absent from the campaign considering he was popular with voters and had a major role in telling the others to stand down in the primary to clear the way for Biden.

Obama to hit the campaign trail for Biden in final stretch

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

So says a white male in a western country who hasn't experienced the prejudice of many in society.

How do you know I'm white?
    If you were around in the 60's you'd have been saying the same thing about the dangers of desegregation.

Thankfully, society generally moves in a progressive manner irrespective of the luddites who seek to retain the status quo either through ignorance or outright selfishness stoking a fear that the world they are comfortable with might change.

I would be speaking about the dangers of desegregation? What the hell are you on about? :P

Sure you're not thinking of Joe Biden there, the man who didn't want his children being schooled in a "racial jungle" ?

If Trump had said that y'all would never stfu about it but as it's Biden, a sanctimonious lying democrat, he gets a pass of course, as wacism is just really being used as a political tool and not for any genuine reason, otherwise you folk would be all over him for that but the silence from the left, and the mainstream liberal media in the States, is, and always has been, deafening.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,711 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I would be speaking about the dangers of desegregation? What the hell are you on about? :P

Sure you're not thinking of Joe Biden there, the man who didn't want his children being schooled in a "racial jungle" ?

If Trump had said that y'all would never stfu about it but as it's Biden, a sanctimonious lying democrat, he gets a pass of course, as wacism is just really being used as a political tool and not for any genuine reason, otherwise you folk would be all over him for that but the silence from the left, and the mainstream liberal media in the States, is, and always has been, deafening.

I'm as sure you're white, as you're sure I am liberal.

More 'If Trump' deflection.
    You should realise the nonsense in advocating for this man when you simultaneously say that if someone else did what he has done, everyone would be complaining about it.

So you don't have an answer then. Truth is he has never encouraged white supremacists and in fact condemned them for decades. But wacism accusations are all the left have, hence them never shutting the fcuk up about them. The fact that when Trump asked Wallace for a white supremacist group to condemn and he instantly named the fcuking Proud Boys, says it all.

He's condemned white supremacists for decades.... Sure thing, Pete

While simultaneously giving an excuse to people at the march to say 'Oh, I'm not a white supremacist, I'm just protesting at the removal of our cultural artefacts'

People don't (nor shouldn't) need "an excuse" to protest the removal of Confederate statues and yes those people can of course be fine people or do you believe that's an oxymoron and that anyone who even displays a confederate flag could never be such by virtue of that fact? Are all ancestors of the Confederates (who would like those statues to remain) bad people?

You'd think the democrats of all people would recognize that some of those people might be decent folk. I mean, after all, they are their relatives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

They are now wheeling out Obama to stump for Biden, he has been notably absent from the campaign considering he was popular with voters and had a major role in telling the others to stand down in the primary to clear the way for Biden.

Obama to hit the campaign trail for Biden in final stretch

Perfect timing.

People don't (nor shouldn't) need "an excuse" to protest the removal of Confederate statues and yes those people can of course be fine people or do you believe that's an oxymoron and that anyone who even displays a confederate flag could never be such by virtue of that fact? Are all ancestors of the Confederates (who would like those statues to remain) bad people?

No.

Should statues remain just because their descendants like them?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Wether you like it or not these are things that the American people would like answers to, Trump squirming and not answering the questions has now given them their answer.
    He refused to condemn QAnon last night.... It's getting more and more ridiculous.

Trump may or may not support white supremacists himself, but it's certain that he is desirous of their support, which is why he shuffles uncomfortably when asked about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Yes! And health care is a big one too. And he talked clearly through his plan last night.

And to think people think he just Tweets, Golfs and watches TV.

I can't see that plan failing.

Trump doesn't understand that the individual mandate is still in place, it's just the penalty is now $0. Trump doesn't have the interest in developing a new healthcare plan - Obamacare took years to enact.

No.

So you agree with Trump then that some of those there were fine people?
    Should statues remain just because their descendants like them?

It's a numbers question. I believe each State should hold a referendum on such things and anyone that damages a statue in the interim should face the consequences for it.

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »
    When laypeople defend any politician that staunchly it's clearly down to propaganda

This idea of having fans and supporters to this extent should be reserved for sports teams

Fully grown adults embarrassing themselves to the point of no longer being able to think for themselves about politics

This is the level that simple minded US politics has sunk to, however. You only have to look at the absolute gibberish in this thread. Nonsense written by ridiculously partisan people, without an ounce of real thought beyond shilling for someone they don't even know, just because it isn't the "other guy".

Dumb, imbecilic, schoolyard, faux, "politics", carried out by useful idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Tony EH wrote: »
    Trump may or may not support white supremacists himself, but it's certain that he is desirous of their support, which is why he shuffles uncomfortably when asked about them.

Yep he needs their votes and he absolutely understands what they are about - there's just no way it's possible he doesn't considering some of the stuff he has liked and retweeted.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Christ the whinging never stops.

It’s always someone else’s fault. The world is against Trump. The media don’t like him. Nobody is fair towards him.

Welcome to politics, Donny. It only took you five years.

The biggest man-baby that has ever lived. To think his supporters are the first to call ‘the left’ snowflakes when he is a massive one himself, and they join in with the crying.

MadYaker wrote: »
    The Trump campaign in 2016 was a lot more impressive. I didn't agree with anything they were saying but it was clear that the people running it could see where the votes were and Trump was able to target them effectively with his message as a result. I don't know if it's brain drain due to talented people not wanting to hitch their wagon to the trump train or what but its a shadow of his 2016 campaign.

The problem is he can only use the campaign lies of 2016 once.

It's a numbers question. I believe each State should hold a referendum on such things and anyone that damages a statue in the interim should face the consequences for it.
    I've asked you before but I'll try again, can you name some of the fine people who marched with the white supremacists and Nazis?

No. In the position in which he was speaking, splitting hairs to try to suggest some fine people only served to highlight his refusal to denounce everyone entirely associated with white supremacy.

By all means, talk afterwards and say 'There are voices which disagree with white supremacy and abhor the premise of it who also are concerned that we are erasing part of our history and we need to find a way to allow them to speak, along with those who think statues should be removed so that we can have a national conversation about how to move forward'

But he didn't do that, because he couldn't, because he either didn't want to or he is incapable for the office he holds.

Not separating the two messages, either accidentally, or intentionally, provided white supremacists with a 'legitimate' reason for their protesting. They were his actions, his words, he owns the way they were received.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

So you don't have an answer then. Truth is he has never encouraged white supremacists and in fact condemned them for decades. But wacism accusations are all the left have, hence them never shutting the fcuk up about them. The fact that when Trump asked Wallace for a white supremacist group to condemn and he instantly named the fcuking Proud Boys, says it all.

Trump was successfully sued for refusing to rent against African Americans by the Nixon administration. If you spent any time in America you'd know that Nixon wasn't exactly on the left.

He's condemned white supremacists for decades.... Sure thing, Pete

Sorry, is that argument you're making there?

Yes, Trump has condemned racism and white supremacists for decades.

In 1991 on Larry King when asked about David Duke getting votes off racist whites he said:
    "I hate seeing what it represents. I guess it just shows there's a lot of hostility in this country"

In 2000 he left the Reform Party when Duke joined and called him:
    "a bigot, a racist"

In 2016 he condemned them multiple times:

Now, I could be wrong, but I believe it's been almost 30 years since 1991.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

Part of me would like to see him win again. Just for the outage

In 1991 on Larry King when asked about David Duke getting votes off racist whites he said:

Doesn't change the fact that his behaviour after Charlottesville was why he was being seen to offer them support.

You have 2 choices, he's incompetent in relation to speaking on serious matters in front of the nation, or to some degree, for some reason, does not want to alienate white supremacists.

Whichever it is, it further shows his unsuitability for the role of President of the US.

• Advertisement

Meanwhile, can you name some fine people with the white supremacists and Nazis in Charlottesville? You seem to have ignored me asking it. Also that clip only serves to show that he's entirely inconsistent on it, he's been giving opportunities in past few weeks to condemn white supremacists and he hasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Meanwhile, can you name some fine people with the white supremacists and Nazis in Charlottesville? You seem to have ignored me asking it. Also that clip only serves to show that he's entirely inconsistent on it, he's been giving opportunities in past few weeks to condemn white supremacists and he hasn't.

I too would like to know who these good people were who decided that a parade featuring swastikas was the place for them.

No. In the position in which he was speaking, splitting hairs to try to suggest some fine people only served to highlight his refusal to denounce everyone entirely associated with white supremacy.

By that logic he was failing to denounce everyone entirely associated with scumbag Antifa as he said there was fine people on their side too.

At least you admitted that some people in confederate groups are fine people though, that's a start.
    By all means, talk afterwards and say 'There are voices which disagree with white supremacy and abhor the premise of it who also are concerned that we are erasing part of our history and we need to find a way to allow them to speak, along with those who think statues should be removed so that we can have a national conversation about how to move forward'

But he didn't do that, because he couldn't, because he either didn't want to or he is incapable for the office he holds.

Not separating the two messages, either accidentally, or intentionally, provided white supremacists with a 'legitimate' reason for their protesting. They were his actions, his words, he owns the way they were received.

Bullshit, he did separate the messages when he clearly said "And I am NOT talking about". That was making a clear distinction. Just because people like you refuse to acknowledge that, doesn't mean he didn't do it. Total condemnation is Total condemnation. He didn't say White Supremacists must kinda be condemned. Total means Total.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I too would like to know who these good people were who decided that a parade featuring swastikas was the place for them.
    Thirded

By that logic he was failing to denounce everyone entirely associated with scumbag Antifa as he said there was fine people on their side too.

At least you admitted that some people in confederate groups are fine people though, that's a start.

Bullshit, he did separate the messages when he clearly said "And I am NOT talking about". Just because people like you refuse to acknowledge that, doesn't mean he didn't do it. Total condemnation is Total condemnation. He didn't say they must kinda be condemned. Total means Total.

No I didn't.

It might explain your incapacity to understand the reaction to Trump when you can't understand my simple posts.

Yeah that must explain the outrage during the press conference and the widespread interpretation of his words.

Either incompetent, or supportive of white supremacists, pick a lane.

I've asked you before but I'll try again, can you name some of the fine people who marched with the white supremacists and Nazis?

Yawn. Been down this road a million times with you and others.

There were multiple groups there from Confederate groups, Civic Nationalist groups and locals and of course alt-right groups. They were not all Neo-Nazis no more than the other side were all Antifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Educated guess...non whites supporting racist a$$holes would be the exception not the rule.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Educated guess...non whites supporting racist a$$holes would be the exception not the rule.

Trump is going to increase his black vote and his hispanic vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Trump is going to increase his black vote and his hispanic vote.

And will still lose on November 3rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

And will still lose on November 3rd.

If you say so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement