Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,711 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Trump is going to increase his black vote and his hispanic vote.

Yeah, can see him telling people that he was going to protect the suburbs by not allowing low income housing there would really have appealed to the demographics who commonly live in low income housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

No I didn't.

Yes you did:
    Are all ancestors of the Confederates (who would like those statues to remain) bad people?
    No.

The implication of admitting that such people are not all bad people is admitting they are (or at least can be) fine people, naturally. Not sure why you are running from this now. Are you really going to argue that saying someone is not bad is not the same as saying they are fine?

Yes you did:

The implication of saying that such people are not all bad people is admitting they are fine people, naturally. Not sure why you are running from this now. Are you really going to argue that saying someone is not bad is not the same as saying they are fine?

Nope.

Not even close.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Yeah, can see him telling people that he was going to protect the suburbs by not allowing low income housing there would really have appealed to the demographics who commonly live in low income housing.

Typical racist attitude there...plenty of blacks live in the suburbs...plenty of non black live in social accommodation.

Educated guess...non whites supporting racist a$$holes would be the exception not the rule.

Which racists have I supported?

Oh don't tell me, Donald Trump - right? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Typical racist attitude there...plenty of blacks live in the suburbs...plenty of non black live in social accommodation.

You must have missed the word 'commonly' in my post.

Check out the concept of redlining and its impact over decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

You must have missed the word 'commonly' in my post.

Check out the concept of redlining and its impact over decades.

And this is Trumps fault right?

I didn't miss anything in what you said...you were loud and clear.

Nope. Not even close.

That is what you said. They are your words. You admitted that such people were not all bad and that is all that Donald Trump did.

YOU may not want to admit that such people were there that day, and push the notion that everyone there protesting against the statues removal were Nazis, but that doesn't make it so.

Now if you want to take back that you said, about how not all people in confederate groups are bad, do so, but don't pretend you didn't say it.

That is what you said. They are your words. You admitted that such people were not all bad and that is all that Donald Trump did.

YOU may not want to admit that such people were there that day, and push the notion that everyone there protesting against the statues removal were Nazis, but that doesn't make it so.

Now if you want to take back that you said, about how not all people in confederate groups are bad, do so, but don't pretend you didn't say it.

As you said, I, as others, believe that those at Charlottesville were supporting the ideals of white supremacy under the guise of resisting statues removal.

An argument used because it was suggested by the President of the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Which racists have I supported?

Oh don't tell me, Donald Trump - right? :rolleyes:
    President Turd and that w@nkstain that set up EDl....whats his name?

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Advertisement

Ah yes, I remember you from the TR thread not being able to back up your accusations there either.

Welcome.

As you said, I, as others, believe that those at Charlottesville were supporting the ideals of white supremacy under the guise of resisting statues removal.

... being the operative word but it mattes not what you believe, it matters what is logical and it is not logical that everyone at that protest who was against the statues being removed was also a Nazi. You may as well be saying the Dukes of Hazzard was a a racist show because the car was called the General Lee and had a Confederate Flag on the roof.

Amazes me how you can admit that some in confederate groups are decent/good/fine/ not bad people but struggle with the fact they may have been there that day. Truth is that you know fine well that there was decent people there who, whilst they didn't want statues removed, don't/didn't support or share the views of Neo-Nazis.

Ah yes, I remember you from the TR thread not being able to back up your accusations there either.

Welcome.
    lulz:rolleyes: We know what you are Pete :o You made a stage exit left on that thread...or should I say goose stepped off the stage.

Still having a senior moment here...whats his name again ?

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

Suggesting users like me are racist or Nazis just undermines you and those like you who throw around such accusations like confetti but sure keep crying wolf, it only strengthens my contention, not yours.

Suggesting users like me are racist or Nazis just undermines you and those like you who throw around such accusations like confetti but sure keep crying wolf, it only strengthens my contention, not yours.
    blah blah blah:rolleyes:

You're fooling no one. And again I'll ask you who founded the EDL and why do you support him ?

... being the operative word but it mattes not what you believe, it matters what is logical and it is not logical that everyone at that protest who was against the statues being removed was also a Nazi. You may as well be saying the Dukes of Hazzard was a a racist show because the car was called the General Lee and had a Confederate Flag on the roof.

Amazes me how you can admit that some in confederate groups are decent/good/fine/ not bad people but struggle with the fact they may have been there that day. Truth is that you know fine well that there was decent people there who, whilst they didn't want statues removed, don't/didn't support or share the views of Neo-Nazis.

I never said that some in confederate groups are decent/good/fine. Stop suggesting I did.

I'm suggesting that everyone who went to participate in a 'Unite the right rally' organised by a neo-Nazi, white supremacist and anti-semitic conspiracy theorist possesses at least some white supremacist, anti-semitic conspiracy theory views.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Came across this interesting tidbit - early voting in Democratic counties that include Memphis and Nashville, Tennessee is running at 226% and 200% compared to 2016. Obviously TN is not in play for the presidential election, but it does show that Democrats are energised to go vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

It's funny that this poll (on a lefty snowflake forum:P), is actually forecasting the likely result of this election more accurately than many other mainstream polls.

Although the confidence in a Trump win, does not appear to be well represented in the balance of comments. Much more people think Trump will win. But more of the people who don't, like to tell everyone about it... interesting! :)

Yawn. Been down this road a million times with you and others.

There were multiple groups there from Confederate groups, Civic Nationalist groups and locals and of course alt-right groups. They were not all Neo-Nazis no more than the other side were all Antifa.

Can you please name some actual people. You've basically offered the vaguest response. You neither name a group or person.

It's funny that this poll (on a lefty snowflake forum:P), is actually forecasting the likely result of this election more accurately than many other mainstream polls.

Although the confidence in a Trump win, does not appear to be well represented in the balance of comments. Much more people think Trump will win. But more of the people who don't, like to tell everyone about it... interesting! :)

If Boards polls were to be trusted, Peter Casey would be living in Áras an Uachtaráin right now.

He's not, they're not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

If Boards polls were to be trusted, Peter Casey would be living in Áras an Uachtaráin right now.

He's not, they're not.

It also possibly indicates something else too... Trump has quite a lot of closet fans in this country. (Something I've always suspected)

Just like over in the US, they don't all run around with MAGA hats on shouting it from the rooftops!

Some revolutions are silent and hidden! ;)

It also possibly indicates something else too... Trump has quite a lot of closet fans in this country. (Something I've always suspected)

Just like over in the US, they don't all run around with MAGA hats on shouting it from the rooftops!

Some revolutions are silent and hidden! ;)

Hardly a revolution when hoping to be returned as President is it?

I suspect many of the votes for Trump on this poll have come from accounts which are sadly no longer with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

hirondelle wrote: »
    Are you saying that all her questions are invalidated then?

No. Just be aware of the bias while watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Hardly a revolution when hoping to be returned as President is it?

I suspect many of the votes for Trump on this poll have come from accounts which are sadly no longer with us.

That is the democrat's voters you are thinking of and the reason Trump does not trust mail in voting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Probably due to the reregs haha

You're fooling no one. And again I'll ask you who founded the EDL and why do you support him ?

Fooling no one about what? Spit it out and stop being so afraid to say what you think.

As for saying I "support" TR, I don't - I just bumped heads with some lefties who were lying about him is all. Sure if I was such a big fan I'd hardly of said the following about him:
    Anyone that sucker punches someone is a cowardly cunt, don't care what they've done.

The way the left lie about both men is quite similar though. It's almost as if they are not as bad as they wish they were and so are left with no option given they want so badly for society to hate them as much as they so obviously do. Well, maybe if they were the bogey men you'd all have us believe them to be, you'd wouldn't have to resort to lying about them all the time claiming they have done and said things which they have not.

I never said that some in confederate groups are decent/good/fine. Stop suggesting I did.

I'm suggesting that everyone who went to participate in a 'Unite the right rally' organised by a neo-Nazi, white supremacist and anti-semitic conspiracy theorist possesses at least some white supremacist, anti-semitic conspiracy theory views.

Not outright no - but you did by implication, can't understand how you don't get that.

You conceded that not all those who had family that were Confederates are bad people and given these are the very people who largely make up confederate groups, then you are thereby effectively admitting that confederate groups could have members who are fine people. Why run from this?

Look, yes or no - do you think there could be fine people in confederate groups?

Look, yes or no - do you think there could be fine people in confederate groups?

The Confederates were pro-slavery so no.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

The Confederates were pro-slavery so no.

The world is not that simple.

• Advertisement

The world is not that simple.

Of course not. But the main reason for the existence of the Confederacy was to protect slavery. If you join a group that is pro-Confederacy then you are by implication pro-slavery and you cannot be a fine person if you support slavery.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement