Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭dinorebel

It also possibly indicates something else too... Trump has quite a lot of closet fans in this country. (Something I've always suspected)

Just like over in the US, they don't all run around with MAGA hats on shouting it from the rooftops!

Some revolutions are silent and hidden! ;)
    So Trump supporters are in the closet? Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

The crowds at Trump rallies are just off the charts, Florida, North Carolina, everywhere he goes...there are thousands in an overflow area at tonight's rally, I watched a video taken of the massive ques where thousands of people wait for hours to get in, the positivity and diversity were refreshing to see...each man, woman no matter what their race were all in great spirits, full of energy and positivity for their President....the Latino's really love him, they'd a 30,000 car rally for him in Miami last week....it reminds me of the enthusiasm for Obama in 2008 (2012 no so much).

https://www.850wftl.com/miami-pd-confirms-an-estimated-30k-cars-for-this-miami-trump-rally/

Media won't talk about it...which is a shame, I still remember that campaign in 2008...it was all over our news at the time...we saw so much of the enthusiasm for Obama, I can still remember his slogan!!!

I wonder does Joe himself believe he is leading in the polls? I mean, where ever he goes he is greeted with tumbleweed!!!!

They say Trump's shy vote is Urban Black women and suburban white women...but I'll believe that when I see it!!!...although I wonder if they are part of the surge in gun ownership?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Of course not. But the main reason for the existence of the Confederacy was to protect slavery. If you join a group that is pro-Confederacy then you are by implication pro-slavery and you cannot be a fine person if you support slavery.

Sure. I obviously agree slavery is wrong. But that's spoken from perspective of someone in 2020.

And I'm not saying all people on the side of the confederacy were good. I'm just allowing for the fact that it's more complicated then to say "slavery is bad, therefore all people in confederate groups were bad".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

The crowds at Trump rallies are just off the charts, Florida, North Carolina, everywhere he goes...there are thousands in an overflow area at tonight's rally, I watched a video taken of the massive ques where thousands of people wait for hours to get in, the positivity and diversity were refreshing to see...each man, woman no matter what their race were all in great spirits, full of energy and positivity for their President....the Latino's really love him, they'd a 30,000 car rally for him in Miami last week....it reminds me of the enthusiasm for Obama in 2008 (2012 no so much).

https://www.850wftl.com/miami-pd-confirms-an-estimated-30k-cars-for-this-miami-trump-rally/

Media won't talk about it...which is a shame, I still remember that campaign in 2008...it was all over our news at the time...we saw so much of the enthusiasm for Obama, I can still remember his slogan!!!

I wonder does Joe himself believe he is leading in the polls? I mean, where ever he goes he is greeted with tumbleweed!!!!

They say Trump's shy vote is Urban Black women and suburban white women...but I'll believe that when I see it!!!...although I wonder if they are part of the surge in gun ownership?

Those covid rallies aren't convincing people to vote Trump though. They're just there to make Trump feel better. Sure, they'll make him feel better but they won't get him over the line.

It's funny reading all these posts about people getting so wound up about a country that - by and large - doesn't give a crap about Ireland and consists of people who couldn't find Ireland on a map if you put a shotgun to their head.

• Advertisement

Those covid rallies aren't convincing people to vote Trump though. They're just there to make Trump feel better. Sure, they'll make him feel better but they won't get him over the line.

I wouldn't be so sure....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdEf-0IeAww

This is a rally from Minnesota with over 2,000,000 views....very positive ratio.

This is like free ads, free exposure.

I could post videos like that all night with massive views, all free exposure, all in swing states...very positive ratio's....you could look yourself and see.

Well...you can't say you weren't aware of the massive enthusiasm for Trump in this election campaign!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

This is a rally from Minnesota with over 2,000,000 views....very positive ratio.

What does positive ratio mean here?

He looked in good form tonight anyway.

I wouldn't be so sure....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdEf-0IeAww

I could post videos like that all night with massive views, all free exposure, all in swing states...very positive ratio's....you could look yourself and see.

Well...you can't say you weren't aware of the massive enthusiasm for Trump in this election campaign!!!

Yes but anyone who watches a Trump rally on youtube is already a bit, well, you know...

Those rallies aren't expanding his voting base, they're just making his shrinking base more rabid and the sight of these mass gatherings are putting off anyone who might be on the fence.

hetuzozaho wrote: »

Ratio in relation to digital media is something I am only aware of in recent times.

It is things like view counts, the ratio of likes to dislikes...the amount of like/dislikes versus the view count, comment count are all indicators of viewer enthusiasm...twitter and facebook have different versions of the same.

I took a look at Bidens own Youtube channel, this is his latest video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxeb1qR4nlA from this evening...very poor ratio for a video on his own channel, this video on Fox's channel for instance, would see an even worse ratio....just look at the comments below.

I've checked out his twitter feed from time to time, he is getting battered on there too...it's hard to find anywhere that you could say he is getting any enthusiasm...apart form the polls that we are all supposed to believe!!!

Yes but anyone who watches a Trump rally on youtube is already a bit, well, you know...

Those rallies aren't expanding his voting base, they're just making his shrinking base more rabid and the sight of these mass gatherings are putting off anyone who might be on the fence.

You don't have much respect for people who don't think like you do you...good luck with that!!!

• Advertisement

It's funny reading all these posts about people getting so wound up about a country that - by and large - doesn't give a crap about Ireland and consists of people who couldn't find Ireland on a map if you put a shotgun to their head.

You could say that about most topics in any discussion forum. It's not a new phenomenon. If it is for you, welcome to the internet.

You don't have much respect for people who don't think like you do you...good luck with that!!!

You're correct that I don't have much respect for people who attend large gatherings during a pandemic which happens to be running rampant in the US.

You're correct that I don't have much respect for people who attend large gatherings during a pandemic which happens to be running rampant in the US.

Maybe that is why over 2,000,000 people watched it on youtube!!!

He had a viewership of over 14,000,000 for a rally in June...what you are seeing at the rally is the tip of the iceberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Yes...so much exposure...

To the Corona Virus.

Not many swing voters at those Covid rallies I'd say. Still, exposing your base to a potentially deadly disease so close to an election is a risky move, especially when going by the latest poll numbers, he's gonna need all the votes he can get.

He even held a rally for seniors in Florida today. That crazy Donnie sure likes to play fast and loose with his base's lives!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Sure.
    Trump rallies were likely same size than Hillary rallies and we know how that ended. Biden's rallies are nonexistent yet people still think he will win. :D

hetuzozaho wrote: »

He's always in great form at these. They're what he lives for. He's been doing them throughout the presidency. He was struggling tonight though, confusing Congressman Matt Gaetz with Felon and Trump campaign worker Rick Gates. Repeatedly. His poor mind's not in a great place. I wonder if the crowd even noticed?

Yes...so much exposure...

To the Corona Virus.

Not many swing voters at those Covid rallies I'd say. Still, exposing your base to a potentially deadly disease so close to an election is a risky move, especially when going by the latest poll numbers, he's gonna need all the votes he can get.

He even held a rally for seniors in Florida today. That crazy Donnie sure likes to play fast and loose with his base's lives!

Harris's campaign has been impacted by the virus and she has been locked away for the last few weeks, she hasn't converted a single voter because nobody turns up to see her either......so...it seems, no matter what you do you can't avoid the virus.

And I think you'd be surprised how many people turn up to one of those rallies who wouldn't typically be a Republican voter....big mistake to think that it is just his base that turn up...there is a reason candidates have rallies, a very good reason.

He's always in great form at these. They're what he lives for. He's been doing them throughout the presidency. He was struggling tonight though, confusing Congressman Matt Gaetz with Felon and Trump campaign worker Rick Gates. Repeatedly. His poor mind's not in a great place. I wonder if the crowd even noticed?

Don't tell me you were watching a Trump rally on Youtube...and you've watched a few by the sounds of it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I didn't watch much. And he's flying to another one now going by twitter.

He's going for it anyway. But you'd imagine everyone at it is voting his way anyway.

I guess the YouTube videos are high viewing. But I watch them. If I could I wouldn't vote for him. Its just car crash TV for me.

But you can't deny the enthusiasm I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Don't tell me you were watching a Trump rally on Youtube...and you've watched a few by the sounds of it!!!

Hence the kernel of the problem with the left. They're so cocksure they're the ones that say the opposition need no surveillance at all.

As yer man Jeff Daniels once said (albeit a TV series) but here goes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyzDRc34l2g

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Trump land slide on the cards, the meltdowns will be epic

Is this the only thing that's important to Trump worshipers?

How retarded it is for this to be the desired outcome.

patnor1011 wrote: »
    Sure.
    Trump rallies were likely same size than Hillary rallies and we know how that ended. Biden's rallies are nonexistent yet people still think he will win. :D

Rally attendance during a pandemic doesn't correlate with the voting preference of the general population.

That's not some daft claim that I'm making up. You can compare Trump rally attendance right now with voting preference. You'll find no correlation.

Trump land slide on the cards, the meltdowns will be epic

Based on what? The fact that he's holding a rally?

Rally attendance during a pandemic doesn't correlate with the voting preference of the general population.

That's not some daft claim that I'm making up. You can compare Trump rally attendance right now with voting preference. You'll find no correlation.

Ya...Americans and the rest of the world watched while the BLM protests/riots were cheered on by media and politicians and health officials back in May!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Danno wrote: »
    As yer man Jeff Daniels once said (albeit a TV series) but here goes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyzDRc34l2g

Still baloney. It was never the greatest country in the world. Not now and not ever.

Ya...Americans and the rest of the world watched while the BLM protests/riots were cheered on by media and politicians and health officials back in May!!!

I don't see how that rebuts anything in my post.

You could say that about most topics in any discussion forum. It's not a new phenomenon. If it is for you, welcome to the internet.

Apples. It makes about as much sense as your response. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Tony EH wrote: »
    Is this the only thing that's important to Trump worshipers?

How retarded it is for this to be the desired outcome.

This is interesting. I have yet to hear a Trump supporter talk about what he’s done or not done. Instead they talk about how he makes “Liberal’s heads explode”. He was elected to kick over tables not to do anything constructive ( not counting the religious anti-abortion, evangelist second coming Israel groups).

It’s entirely negative and thus (hopefully) difficult to grow.

I live in a small town, surround by a predominantly Republican rural area in the north east US.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Tony EH wrote: »
    Still baloney. It was never the greatest country in the world. Not now and not ever.

It was. It ended WW2. It fell behind when the hippies got drunk on their mantra, it took Reagan to kick the pups to the kerb. The Clintons and the Bushes pounced on the saturation of a willing media. Trump is a kick back against that - but it is a different stadium now...

America First, no new wars, bring back the troops, regulated migration, tax cuts, energy self sufficiency, school choice, the list goes on. Anyone voting against that in context of what went before over the last 30 years... as they say - experience is everything and experience is who votes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Mary Trump should run for a senate seat

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement