Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Danno wrote: »
    It was. It ended WW2. It fell behind when the hippies got drunk on their mantra, it took Reagan to kick the pups to the kerb. The Clintons and the Bushes pounced on the saturation of a willing media. Trump is a kick back against that - but it is a different stadium now...

America First, no new wars, bring back the troops, regulated migration, tax cuts, energy self sufficiency, school choice, the list goes on. Anyone voting against that in context of what went before over the last 30 years... as they say - experience is everything and experience is who votes.

Not going to go the with Greatest country in the World (Americans do like to blow their own trumpet though :D <they are world leaders in this regard). But >Leaders of the Free World Democracies... maybe. Reagan hailed the free market 'Money as God' mantra... Greed is good 80's etc and Trump is just a reaction or protest vote to the 'too close' to Wall Street and Corporations (Clintons and Bushes) that did nothing for the average or middle American. He still has done nothing in his 4 years.

America First sounds a lot like Isolationism... we now live in a Global Society
    ( and just for Historical reference America First was also used by Isolationist and Nazi sympathiser Charles Lindbergh)
    Bringing back the troops from Syria??.... yeah not a good move, leaving a vacuum for Russia and Turkey to carve up that country and throw the Kurds to the wolves. General Mattis resigned over this.
    Regulated Migration??!! a success??? babies separated from their Mothers and kept in cages. Horrendous.
    Tax Cuts??? 82% of the tax cuts were given to the super rich with no sunset clause ( worth potentially 100k's and more) and the remainder got a tax with a sunset clause( worth about (2K a year) yeah Trumps not looking after the little guy.
    Energy self sufficiency ...what by burning Coal? any of it Green Energy??? not likely.
    School Choice what like Charter Schools??? not a good choice, with their slimmed down curriculum primarily for cost saving and maybe even religious schools teaching creationism???!!!

You would hardly call any of the above 'wins' for Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I wouldn't be so sure....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdEf-0IeAww

This is a rally from Minnesota with over 2,000,000 views....very positive ratio.

Some people who attended that one were very positive afterwards

https://twitter.com/gelles/status/1317236055209279489

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Didn't a bunch of people who showed up to the White House rally test positive as well. Spreader in chief.

Harris's campaign has been impacted by the virus and she has been locked away for the last few weeks, she hasn't converted a single voter because nobody turns up to see her either......so...it seems, no matter what you do you can't avoid the virus.

And I think you'd be surprised how many people turn up to one of those rallies who wouldn't typically be a Republican voter....big mistake to think that it is just his base that turn up...there is a reason candidates have rallies, a very good reason.

Trump has rallies because his ego means he likes standing in front of a cheering crowd, thats literally it. Any sane person would realise how insane it is to be organising gatherings like that at the moment. He holds a rally and then a bunch of attendees test positive. You seem to admire this approach?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,711 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Harris's campaign has been impacted by the virus and she has been locked away for the last few weeks, she hasn't converted a single voter because nobody turns up to see her either......so...it seems, no matter what you do you can't avoid the virus.

And I think you'd be surprised how many people turn up to one of those rallies who wouldn't typically be a Republican voter....big mistake to think that it is just his base that turn up...there is a reason candidates have rallies, a very good reason.

I'd be very surprised if anything more than a handful of people (literally, as in less than ten) out of those that attend are anything but dyed in the wool Republicans eager to show support for the leader.

No one is going to a rally in 2020 to hear a candidates views on important things. Rally's are from a bygone age where TV and radio was limited and are inconsequential in a world where everyone has access to virtually every piece of information humans have ever accumulated in the palm of their hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Yikers. The corrupt liberal MSM will have to start asking questions now.

https://twitter.com/kayleighmcenany/status/1317268688706375682

This is a dead ringer. The trump campaign need to change tack, although at this stage its probably too late.

From that article
    Biden's campaign has denied wrongdoing and claimed that the former vice president's schedule showed no meeting taking place, though Politico later clarified that the campaign wouldn't rule out the possibility that the former vice president had an informal interaction with Pozharskyi. The campaign also said it has released the former vice president’s tax documents and returns, which do not reflect any involvement with Chinese investments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Rally attendance during a pandemic doesn't correlate with the voting preference of the general population.

That's not some daft claim that I'm making up. You can compare Trump rally attendance right now with voting preference. You'll find no correlation.

I don't see how that rebuts anything in my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Danno wrote: »
    It was. It ended WW2. It fell behind when the hippies got drunk on their mantra, it took Reagan to kick the pups to the kerb. The Clintons and the Bushes pounced on the saturation of a willing media. Trump is a kick back against that - but it is a different stadium now...

America First, no new wars, bring back the troops, regulated migration, tax cuts, energy self sufficiency, school choice, the list goes on. Anyone voting against that in context of what went before over the last 30 years... as they say - experience is everything and experience is who votes.

Utter nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Wow. Explosive news. And sirens. This is sounding serious now. AND from the Kaylster, she really has won the trust of the American people over the last few months.

The sirens though. Brilliant. Wait till Donny discovers how to do Emojis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Trump gaining on Biden in the betting odds. Biden campaign manager says don't believe the polls there not ahead by double digits.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,501 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Ratio in relation to digital media is something I am only aware of in recent times.

It is things like view counts, the ratio of likes to dislikes...the amount of like/dislikes versus the view count, comment count are all indicators of viewer enthusiasm...twitter and facebook have different versions of the same.

I took a look at Bidens own Youtube channel, this is his latest video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxeb1qR4nlA from this evening...very poor ratio for a video on his own channel, this video on Fox's channel for instance, would see an even worse ratio....just look at the comments below.

I've checked out his twitter feed from time to time, he is getting battered on there too...it's hard to find anywhere that you could say he is getting any enthusiasm...apart form the polls that we are all supposed to believe!!!

I think I'll take the polls over YouTube counts, thank you very much.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Another one who can't say she wasn't warned and did nothing to educate herself just relied on polls that her media told her were accurate...

Youtube counts are only one indicator, there are many many more, but keep ignoring what is staring you in the face.

Another one who can't say she wasn't warned and did nothing to educate herself just relied on polls that her media told her were accurate...

Youtube counts are only one indicator, there are many many more, but keep ignoring what is staring you in the face.

YouTube counts indicayte nothing because you can't see who is clicking or how often or what their actual impression is. Or if they're even legible to vote.

By your logic PewDiePie would be a good vote.

Also, in not saying polls are accurate - especially with the US collegiate system - but YouTube?!

Why aren't we seeing the poll numbers reflected anywhere but the polls. If you were to look at social media or feet on the street Trump is ahead by miles and looking at a landslide. Pennsylvania cookie poll probably the most accurate one out there.

https://twitter.com/EricTrump/status/1317272840949977089?s=20

Why aren't we seeing the poll numbers reflected anywhere but the polls. If you were to look at social media or feet on the street Trump is ahead by miles and looking at a landslide. Pennsylvania cookie poll probably the most accurate one out there.

You want to see poll numbers concistent with a Trump account reporting cookie sales, and your logic tells you the cookies are more accurate?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

America First sounds a lot like Isolationism... we now live in a Global Society
    ( and just for Historical reference America First was also used by Isolationist and Nazi sympathiser Charles Lindbergh)
    Bringing back the troops from Syria??.... yeah not a good move, leaving a vacuum for Russia and Turkey to carve up that country and throw the Kurds to the wolves. General Mattis resigned over this.
    Regulated Migration??!! a success??? babies separated from their Mothers and kept in cages. Horrendous.
    Tax Cuts??? 82% of the tax cuts were given to the super rich with no sunset clause ( worth potentially 100k's and more) and the remainder got a tax with a sunset clause( worth about (2K a year) yeah Trumps not looking after the little guy.
    Energy self sufficiency ...what by burning Coal? any of it Green Energy??? not likely.
    School Choice what like Charter Schools??? not a good choice, with their slimmed down curriculum primarily for cost saving and maybe even religious schools teaching creationism???!!!

You would hardly call any of the above 'wins' for Trump.

Protectionism rather than Isolationism... We are members of the EU which is all about protectionism too.

Bringing back the troops is bad now? I would have thought disengaging from foreign conflict is a good thing.

Regulated migration aka enforcing immigration law. As for the pictures of children in cages, That was debunked as fake news. It was actually from a protest. If you want open borders then change the law.

Tax cuts are perfectly in line with the small government approach that republican's advocate. There are strong arguments in favour of this approach.

Green energy is a scam and only works if propped up by massive subsidies. We should be striving for energy efficiency not more back door taxes.

Parents should have choice with regards their children's education. We do in Ireland as granted by the constitution.

You are in favour of big government and high taxes. A recipe for waste and more waste. People spending time on bureaucracy rather than productive work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

YouTube counts indicayte nothing because you can't see who is clicking or how often or what their actual impression is. Or if they're even legible to vote.

By your logic PewDiePie would be a good vote.

Ha ha haaaa....

Polls mean nothing because you can't see who is doing the polling or who they are polling or what their actually impression is...

You are kidding yourself if you think that both campaigns are not paying attention to their online footprint...this isn't the 90's!!!

As I have said....it is only one indicator....there are many many more if you bothered to take the time.

You are gas I'll give you that...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Trump gaining on Biden in the betting odds. Biden campaign manager says don't believe the polls there not ahead by double digits.

Hillary is an option again. Must think there is some chance of Biden getting arrested for treason in the next few weeks.

You want to see poll numbers concistent with a Trump account reporting cookie sales, and your logic tells you the cookies are more accurate?

Look at the poll in this thread, you'd hardly consider boardies pro trump and there still predicting it, pretty much in line with the cookie poll.
    We've seen the media make all these claims with Clinton, it was fake the last time nothing to suggest it's not fake now. Could bite biden in the ass and the get the Trump vote out.

• Advertisement

Ha ha haaaa....

Polls mean nothing because you can't see who is doing the polling or who they are polling or what their actually impression is...

You are kidding yourself if you think that both campaigns are not paying attention to their online footprint...this isn't the 90's!!!

As I have said....it is only one indicator....there are many many more if you bothered to take the time.

You are gas I'll give you that...

As I said, polls can get it wrong too.

Beyond that you haven't actually challenged my post. You just repeated what you already said.

I'm not saying Trump won't win - I'm saying if he does it will be against the run of play.

Leicester did win the Premier league once...

Look at the poll in this thread, you'd hardly consider boardies pro trump and there still predicting it, pretty much in line with the cookie poll.
    We've seen the media make all these claims with Clinton, it was fake the last time nothing to suggest it's not fake now. Could bite biden in the ass and the get the Trump vote out.

So many Trumper reregs on these threads. Feel like there's about 5 actual people and a long line of reregs.

And that's supposed to be more accurate because...?

And that's supposed to be more accurate because...?

Because it aligns with Trump winning. Like the cookies :)

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Because it aligns with Trump winning. Like the cookies :)

Ah, you're being sarcastic :) never get that. Mild autism :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

So trump supporters are fat.
    Next!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

He's winning the cookies :eek:

Ah, you're being sarcastic :) never get that. Mild autism :)

Yeah sorry. Just mean there is no logic to it. Like you say he may win and polls might be wrong. But looking at data we have looks like Biden may be ahead at the minute.

But Trump and his people don't do logic or facts. Science and all that stuff is just not their thing.

The praying will start soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Biden still 4/9

Trump still 7/4

Hasn't changed in 2 weeks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement