Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Hillary is an option again. Must think there is some chance of Biden getting arrested for treason in the next few weeks.

Obsessed!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,275 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Protectionism rather than Isolationism... We are members of the EU which is all about protectionism too.

Bringing back the troops is bad now? I would have thought disengaging from foreign conflict is a good thing.

Regulated migration aka enforcing immigration law. As for the pictures of children in cages, That was debunked as fake news. It was actually from a protest. If you want open borders then change the law.

Tax cuts are perfectly in line with the small government approach that republican's advocate. There are strong arguments in favour of this approach.

Green energy is a scam and only works if propped up by massive subsidies. We should be striving for energy efficiency not more back door taxes.

Parents should have choice with regards their children's education. We do in Ireland as granted by the constitution.

You are in favour of big government and high taxes. A recipe for waste and more waste. People spending time on bureaucracy rather than productive work.

This is something I love about the whole Trump thing.
    People hate him so much that anything he does is not right.

Before American was always meddling in other countries affairs, being the world's police man, and it was bad
    But when Trump pulls back, suddenly that's bad because it creates a vacuum.

Same with immigration.
    And amount of vitriol against immigrants that you hear day in day out in Ireland is shocking.
    But when Trump tries to reform us immigration, he is evil.
    It was funny a few years ago people in Ireland were up in arms that Trump was going to get rid of the J1 Visa in favor of trying to get employers to hire local people for the jobs they usually give to J1 kids

How shocking, trying to reduce unemployment locally in favor of giving jobs to well off foreign students.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,645 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

It's fair to question both how accurate and how relevant the polls are, no doubt.

But cookies sold in a shop Eric Trump visited being a more accurate measurement? Come on FFS. Barely a primary school argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,501 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Yeah sorry. Just mean there is no logic to it. Like you say he may win and polls might be wrong. But looking at data we have looks like Biden may be ahead at the minute.

But Trump and his people don't do logic or facts. Science and all that stuff is just not their thing.

The praying will start soon.

It really needs a good terrorist attack.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Wow, look at all those undecided voters...

How many are undecided this time around would you say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,815 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

It really needs a good terrorist attack.

The taliban support Trump.

Maybe they could hook him up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Yikers. The corrupt liberal MSM will have to start asking questions now.

https://twitter.com/kayleighmcenany/status/1317268688706375682
    When this turns out to be a big fat nothing quarter pounder will you completely ignore it like you've done with the Bash investigation?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Obsessed!!! :pac:

As of yesterday you can now get odds on Hillary being president in 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

You could always get odds on Hillary being president in 2020. You can also still get odds on Kanye West, Oprah Winfrey, Mark Zuckerberg, Michelle Obama etc.
    Doesn't mean it's at all likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

yaboya1 wrote: »
    You could always get odds on Hillary being president in 2020. You can also still get odds on Kanye West, Oprah Winfrey, Mark Zuckerberg, Michelle Obama etc.
    Doesn't mean it's at all likely.

The more I watch Trump the more I think, hmmm maybe Kanye is not that a crazy an option.

In releasing his albums he has shown:
    - talent (subjective obviously)
    - the ability to learn, grow and embrace new ideas.
    - the ability to collaborate and communicate his ideas to others
    - a work ethic to get his plan over the line

And then I watch trump explain his Health Plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,501 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

You could aleays get them. You can get odds on Kanye West being president.

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2020/winner

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

I'm not seeing it on any of my betting sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Trump being a gent here out and about taking the time to interact with the public.

https://twitter.com/DoubleD_2020/status/1316949251109326849

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

It's funny that this poll (on a lefty snowflake forum:P), is actually forecasting the likely result of this election more accurately than many other mainstream polls.

Although the confidence in a Trump win, does not appear to be well represented in the balance of comments. Much more people think Trump will win. But more of the people who don't, like to tell everyone about it... interesting! :)

It’s funny that you think an Internet forum poll on an Irish site represents the US electorate more than an actual US electorate poll...

Goes to show how desperate Trump voters are getting... grasping at straws.

Btw - not every boards poster would take part in a forum poll. Especially on US politics.

Talking to members of the public :eek: :eek: :eek:

What an absolute hero

I've never seen a politician do that before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Trump being a gent here out and about taking the time to interact with the public.

Did that woman just, ahem, at the end there!?

He clearly has the election sewn up. If the cookie poll doesn't convince you, surely this video convinces us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Yep Biden did the same after his town hall

Yeah, no mask shouting to people, The peoples death spreader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Yeah sorry. Just mean there is no logic to it. Like you say he may win and polls might be wrong. But looking at data we have looks like Biden may be ahead at the minute.

But Trump and his people don't do logic or facts. Science and all that stuff is just not their thing.

The praying will start soon.

The left wing media projected a very strong win for Hilary and laughed at anyone thinking Trump had a chance. They never apologized for their terrible predictions on the TV.

The reality is Trump just has to hold on to the vote he won last time, and he's got a good chance of staying in. Biden is an old guard politician it's doubtful his bringing in new voters. The last election was about giving the establishment a good kicking, and its going to be interesting to see if the voters still hold the same prejudices this time around?

Trump a phenomenon and lot of Americans still like him. You can see crowds are still showing up to hear him speak. Active support great like this is good for Trump. People in isolated rural areas will wear the Trump gear and influence small communities to back Trump re-election. I'd be shocked if Biden wins. I think the supports isn't there, but the media will say it is. We'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,373 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The rallies really are a mad idea from a strategic perspective. He's getting his base all crammed together sans masks so they can contract the virus in a time domain that could see them so sick on election day that they can't get out of bed to vote. Even if they're not severely ill, they could just feel fatigued and miserable while running a temperature.

When he needs every vote he can get, creating the possibility that he's losing a couple of percent of the attendance at each of these rallies from being able to mark their X on the day is just wild. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    The rallies really are a mad idea from a strategic perspective. He's getting his base all crammed together sans masks so they can contract the virus in a time domain that could see them so sick on election day that they can't get out of bed to vote. Even if they're not severely ill, they could just feel fatigued and miserable while running a temperature.

When he needs every vote he can get, creating the possibility that he's losing a couple of percent of the attendance at each of these rallies from being able to mark their X on the day is just wild. :pac:

There all going to die from not being afraid....:eek:

There all going to die from not being afraid....:eek:

Who said they're all going to die? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Lolle06 wrote: »
    It’s funny that you think an Internet forum poll on an Irish site represents the US electorate more than an actual US electorate poll...

Goes to show how desperate Trump voters are getting... grasping at straws.

Btw - not every boards poster would take part in a forum poll. Especially on US politics.

And grasping at cookies by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I think Biden will win the popular vote by a large distance but only narrowly win the college and it'll be stuck in the courts for months.

I think Biden will win the popular vote by a large distance but only narrowly win the college and it'll be stuck in the courts for months.

Even if he wins they've ground for impeachment on day one.

WnWOSoh3.jpg

No they don't since it looks like the offending emails aren't even real... Plus no such meeting occurred. I'd say stick to polling by cookie sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

If you want an antidote to all these Trump is going to romp homers, Bloomberg has some great articles for you:

‘Lock Up the Bidens,’ Trump Says at Georgia Campaign Rally
    Trump Praises Congressional Candidate Who Has Backed QAnon
    Pelosi Flags Stimulus Poison Pills; Kudlow Says Terms Changing
    States Shatter Early Voting Records as Democrats Drive Turnout
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-10-17/-lock-up-the-bidens-trump-says-at-georgia-campaign-rally?srnd=premium-europe

And even better: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-10-16/trump-undercuts-campaign-reset-as-he-weighs-prospect-of-defeat?srnd=premium-europe
    Trump Undercuts Campaign Reset as He Weighs Prospect of Defeat

Donald Trump has begun openly acknowledging his precarious re-election chances, but is undercutting his own campaign’s attempts to tailor appeals to women and seniors as polls show them flocking toward Joe Biden.

Recent polls have shown Biden with growing leads nationally and in key battleground states, an advantage driven largely by erosion in Trump’s support among women and people 65 and older. Trump’s campaign has begun running more ads aimed at seniors, and hopes some of the loss can be offset by gains among Latino and Black voters.

But the campaign’s efforts to reverse the trends face a headwind: Trump himself. The president has undercut the outreach to seniors by continuing to downplay the coronavirus outbreak and by mocking Biden’s age.

He’s tested what support he still enjoys from women by unloading particularly pointed attacks on Biden’s running mate, Kamala Harris, and by mocking Hillary Clinton’s failure to crack the “glass ceiling” on the White

I was actually worried Trump would win again until I read about Rupert Murdoch thinking he'll lose. I think there quite literally would be no one more in the know and with better resources and contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

WnWOSoh3.jpg

This is tragic.

No they don't since it looks like the offending emails aren't even real... Plus no such meeting occurred. I'd say stick to polling by cookie sales.

Oh it's fake news now, my how the tables have turned:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Trump will win comfortably electoral college-wise. Popular vote could be anything. For America's sake I hope it isn't close

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement