Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Trump will win comfortably electoral college-wise. Popular vote could be anything. For America's sake I hope it isn't close

I have to agree....the only thing that will spare the US violence and unrest is a Biden landslide...but I just can't see that happening.

Oh it's fake news now, my how the tables have turned:D

Unverified screenshots by an organisation known for poor fact checking and the FBI looking into them as potentially fake and originating from a foreign state. On top of that the FBI warning that this was a scenario they were worried about. Ya, huge credibility gap on them and backed up by facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

The left wing media projected a very strong win for Hilary and laughed at anyone thinking Trump had a chance. They never apologized for their terrible predictions on the TV.

The reality is Trump just has to hold on to the vote he won last time, and he's got a good chance of staying in. Biden is an old guard politician it's doubtful his bringing in new voters. The last election was about giving the establishment a good kicking, and its going to be interesting to see if the voters still hold the same prejudices this time around?

Trump a phenomenon and lot of Americans still like him. You can see crowds are still showing up to hear him speak. Active support great like this is good for Trump. People in isolated rural areas will wear the Trump gear and influence small communities to back Trump re-election. I'd be shocked if Biden wins. I think the supports isn't there, but the media will say it is. We'll see.

By media do you mean the polls?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Unverified screenshots by an organisation known for poor fact checking and the FBI looking into them as potentially fake and originating from a foreign state. On top of that the FBI warning that this was a scenario they were worried about. Ya, huge credibility gap on them and backed up by facts.

What facts are you claiming are not real exactly?

Have the Biden's said the emails are fake, or that the laptop is not Hunter's?
    Why did the Biden's lawyer ask for the laptop if it wasn't Hunter's? When ever a story comes out about Trump it is amplified before any verification, and when it comes out against any Democratic it is potential Russian interference and literally censored.

Each side of the political aisle should be up in arms about that kind of situation, it benefits nobody.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

So your think it's all fake, the Biden campaign haven't said it is. Nearly a year now and it's not going away the evidence is even stronger.
    Biden is in la la land..

• Advertisement

So your think it's all fake, the Biden campaign haven't said it is. Nearly a year now and it's not going away the evidence is even stronger.
    Biden is in la la land..

So that lad thinks Joe set it up for his son to work there. That it was what Joe wanted and he then orchestrated it?

Is that what you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Its really baffling thst there are Irish people that support trump with the same fevered lunacy. Same rhetoric, same tone to the comments. Even parroting the same terms.

Genuinely pathetic haha

But it speaks to the fact that these sort of people are everywhere. Chip on their shoulder, hard done by, and easily radicalised.

D.Q wrote: »
    Its really baffling thst there are Irish people that support trump with the same fevered lunacy. Same rhetoric, same tone to the comments. Even parroting the same terms.

Genuinely pathetic haha

But it speaks to the fact that these sort of people are everywhere. Chip on their shoulder, hard done by, and easily radicalised.

What were you expecting to read on a thread about Trump? You thought everyone would share your distain and think the same as you?

Because one of the reasons why I did a 180 on his administration is it became obvious to me that there existed a cult like devotion to hating the man....it is weird that a moderate Republican President would invoke so much anger.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Genuinely pathetic haha

Whilst your side just believe whatever Pat Kenny says. Give me a break.

What facts are you claiming are not real exactly?

Have the Biden's said the emails are fake, or that the laptop is not Hunter's?
    Why did the Biden's lawyer ask for the laptop if it wasn't Hunter's? When ever a story comes out about Trump it is amplified before any verification, and when it comes out against any Democratic it is potential Russian interference and literally censored.

Each side of the political aisle should be up in arms about that kind of situation, it benefits nobody.

Biden's attorney has specified the meeting never occured so the legitimacy of the email is pretty questionable based on that statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Genuinely pathetic haha

There is another group of people who desperately want Trump to win - tories and brexiters.

Only the dems have actually stood up to the tories on the north and the Brits looking for their trade deal. Trump couldn't care less if we have a border back on the island. He is bent on Brexit no matter the costs.

For that reason alone Irish people should support Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

There is another group of people who desperately want Trump to win - tories and brexiters.

Only the dems have actually stood up to the tories on the north and the Brits looking for their trade deal. Trump couldn't care less if we have a border back on the island. He is bent on Brexit no matter the costs.

For that reason alone Irish people should support Biden.
    Owning da libz is far more important m8 icon14.png

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Detritus70

What were you expecting to read on a thread about Trump? You thought everyone would share your distain and think the same as you?

Because one of the reasons why I did a 180 on his administration is it became obvious to me that there existed a cult like devotion to hating the man....it is weird that a moderate Republican President would invoke so much anger.

It is not a cult.
    It is normal, decent, honest, upstanding people who have even the tiniest shred of honbor and decency that rise up against a scumbag in charge.
    And then there is whoever is not just fine with a rapist, cheating, traitorous asshole in the White House, but backs Trump specifically because of those qualities.
    This election will show if decent, honorable people still outweigh the scumbags in the US.
    And no, I don't care about my language being polarising. People who support him do so because he is a piece of shizzle, they won't be turned, they don't care if the US burns and, quite frankly, they can say "If you vote Trump, fcuk you"
    Trump voters can expect very little good grace when Biden wins and I hope people will remember who they are in future.

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

So you did a 180 on his administration because so may people hate him. That’s bizarre. Can you not see why so many people hate him?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Genuinely pathetic haha

Do you realise you are parroting the same talking points held by those who feel morally superior and look down their noses at Trump supporters.

Why so many voters support Donald Trump: a letter to baffled non-Americans
    Many friends and associates overseas are bewildered by what is happening in the United States.

They can’t understand the vitriol and outright violence that has engulfed American political life, and how so many otherwise sane Americans not only support Donald Trump but do so enthusiastically.

<snip>

Many Americans, both liberals and conservatives, believe that the two major political parties are utterly indifferent to their real concerns and are merely tools of big multinational corporations.

Virtually all of the organs of modern American society now speak with a single, increasingly intolerant and authoritarian voice – the media, “woke” corporations, universities, the judiciary, even parts of the military.

That’s why an astonishing 62 percent of Americans now say they hold political views they are afraid to express in public.

Thus, for many Americans a vote for Donald Trump is a vote for freedom — and against the authoritarian bureaucrats and cancel culture commissars who now openly terrorize innocent people and make public life so threatening.

source

The difference between campaigns tends to be who is in the "don't vote" category. In 2008 and 2012 some of that "don't vote" group defected to Obama, but that same group were nowhere to be found in 2016 for Hillary Clinton and another faction of the "don't vote" group came out for Donald Trump. This is what the mail-in votes are about, the DNC know their candidate does not inspire people to come out and vote so they are hoping they can inflame enough people to at least motivate them to mail in a vote rather than waiting in line.

There may be another twist in the system for mail in votes, earlier this year the media in US put out stories that the mail could carry the virus and as a result a few people wiped down their ballots with Dettol wipes and spoiled them, plus the "don't vote" group use them to protest the system by writing "Can’t decide", "Refuse to be bullied" or "none of the above". The US system also allows for voters to write in their candidate which a few Bernie Sanders supporters did last time. They are expecting a problem with rejected votes for not being filled out correctly and court cases arising from that. Research found switching to mail-in ballots made no statistically significant difference in voting levels by Democrats versus Republicans.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,501 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Genuinely pathetic haha

It's more the fear that people who they think are inferior to them, might actually have the same rights and freedoms as them. It's a human trait, so it pops up everywhere.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Biden's attorney has specified the meeting never occured so the legitimacy of the email is pretty questionable based on that statement.

That's at least an interesting metric for the legitimacy of evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Whilst your side just believe whatever Pat Kenny says. Give me a break.

See this is what I'm talking about? What side? Things don't need to be so down the middle.

Haha what's pat kennys involvement in all this? Don't tell me Kenny has been compromised by the deep state pedos too.

The way he starts every morning with running over the latest CNN you'd have to question his motive. He's another bunker Joe, wants everyone in a mask and all under 30's executed at dawn, Leo roll in the tanks...

Different take on the polls, sounds logical.

• Advertisement

The way he starts every morning with running over the latest CNN you'd have to question his motive. He's another bunker Joe, wants everyone in a mask and all under 30's executed at dawn, Leo roll in the tanks...

So you're annoyed that people are being told to wear masks during a global pandemic? Honestly shows the stupidity that the likes of Trump has encouraged, following common sense practices during a global pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Genuinely pathetic haha

They're the same people that throw themselves so whole-heartedly into American identity politics. You'll even see them arguing about the NRA and for gun-rights.

It's such a weird phenomenon, but it seems like they submerge themselves so deeply into American political forums that they're completely subsumed.

MadYaker wrote: »
    So you did a 180 on his administration because so may people hate him. That’s bizarre. Can you not see why so many people hate him?

I said one of the reasons, not the reason.

I can understand why people don't like him personally, he has and has always had a very polarizing personality, he can be crass and immature...it is a shame it took a man of his character to expose the rampant corruption by both parties over the last number of decades...I'd have love to have seen a similar outsider get the Democratic nomination but we all know why that didn't happen.

I don't for one second believe he is a successful businessman, or is any kind of genius, far from it.

I think his behaviour on twitter has done him more harm than good.

I don't think he has delivered on all his promises from 2016 but I do believe he has delivered on enough to reasonably expect a second term.

What would concern me, is the behaviour of virtually the entire media establishment, who have persistently misrepresented his public remarks and simultaneously have never held the Democratic Party to account for the actions of their leadership over the last 5 years.

His administration, in my view, would be consistent with moderate republican views.

If any one thinks that the above is a radicalized position on a US President then I'm afraid it is you who have abandoned reason, not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,501 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I said one of the reasons, not the reason.

I can understand why people don't like him personally, he has and has always had a very polarizing personality, he can be crass and immature...it is a shame it took a man of his character to expose the rampant corruption by both parties over the last number of decades...I'd have love to have seen a similar outsider get the Democratic nomination but we all know why that didn't happen.

I don't for one second believe he is a successful businessman, or is any kind of genius, far from it.

I think his behaviour on twitter has done him more harm than good.

I don't think he has delivered on all his promises from 2016 but I do believe he has delivered on enough to reasonably expect a second term.

What would concern me, is the behaviour of virtually the entire media establishment, who have persistently misrepresented his public remarks and simultaneously have never held the Democratic Party to account for the actions of their leadership over the last 5 years.

His administration, in my view, would be consistent with moderate republican views.

If any one thinks that the above is a radicalized position on a US President then I'm afraid it is you who have abandoned reason, not me.

This from someone who's own research is nothing mor than confirmation bias?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

This from someone who's own research is nothing mor than confirmation bias?

If I have done a 180 on the administration, how can I be accused of confirmation bias?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

If I have done a 180 on the administration, how can I be accused of confirmation bias?

Your assertions as to the motivation behind your opinions are frankly not credible.

Accusing Trump dislikers of cult like behaviour when it's more usual for that sort of behaviour to be identified with Trump supporters, is just jaw-dropping and calls for a Jimmy Connors 'You can't be serious' moment.

So you're annoyed that people are being told to wear masks during a global pandemic?

He's banned from the covid mask thread FYI!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Detritus70 wrote: »
    It is not a cult.
    It is normal, decent, honest, upstanding people who have even the tiniest shred of honbor and decency that rise up against a scumbag in charge.
    And then there is whoever is not just fine with a rapist, cheating, traitorous asshole in the White House, but backs Trump specifically because of those qualities.
    This election will show if decent, honorable people still outweigh the scumbags in the US.
    And no, I don't care about my language being polarising. People who support him do so because he is a piece of shizzle, they won't be turned, they don't care if the US burns and, quite frankly, they can say "If you vote Trump, fcuk you"
    Trump voters can expect very little good grace when Biden wins and I hope people will remember who they are in future.

Tara Reade and Neil Kinnock say hello .. or do rape accusations and being caught cheating not matter when you're a democrat?

cnocbui wrote: »
    Your assertions as to the motivation behind your opinions are frankly not credible.

Accusing Trump dislikers of cult like behaviour when it's more usual for that sort of behaviour to be identified with Trump supporters, is just jaw-dropping and calls for a Jimmy Connors 'You can't be serious' moment.

It is perfectly normal for people to be vocal in their support of Presidents, we all remember the surge in enthusiasm for Obama in 08...was that cult like behaviour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

It is perfectly normal for people to be vocal in their support of Presidents, we all remember the surge in enthusiasm for Obama in 08...was that cult like behaviour?

I think a lot of people who voted Obama would be able to look at his entire presidency and call him out for things that went wrong.

I don't see that in a lot if Trump fans. Any slight criticism of Trump is like an attack on everyone.

These are (of course) generalisations, and I'm not sure it means cult like, but there is something very weird with that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement