Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

When Biden is ahead the polls are correct, when he is behind they can't be trusted?

College age turnout has cratered.
    Trump has gained significant Latino vote. They are strong catholics and strongly against BLM and Antifa apologists.

Biden isn't behind. Biden is ahead and has been for quite some time. and that latino thing is nonsense. already discussed elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

When Biden is ahead the polls are correct, when he is behind they can't be trusted?

Trump has gained significant Latino vote. They are strong catholics and strongly against BLM and Antifa apologists.

When Trump is ahead in the polls they're correct, but when he's behind 'sur look at 2016 and brexit'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

If anyone has seen any of Trump's rallies, there are massive turnouts of people, whereas one can almost count on their hand how man people have turned up to anything Biden does. I actually do not believe for one minute Biden is ahead nor do I believe any of the media propaganda/fake polls that goes with it. This Hunter Biden/Joe Biden thing is not going away either and just at the perfect time for Trump who I think will be re-elected in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,497 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/trump-vs-biden-top-battleground-states-2020-vs-2016/

Sorry, it is in battleground states where Biden is below where Clinton was at.

Only by 0.3% and even then, we don't know which states are which.

Biden leads in most of the swing states and accorfing to polls has flipping eight of them.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If anyone has seen any of Trump's rallies, there are massive turnouts of people, whereas one can almost count on their hand how man people have turned up to anything Biden does. I actually do not believe for one minute Biden is ahead nor do I believe any of the media propaganda that goes with it. This Hunter Biden/Joe Biden thing is not going away either and just at the perfect time for Trump who I think will be re-elected in the end.

Biden isn’t holding corona rallies because he’s not a cnut.

It’ll be interesting to see how all these delusional trumpers react when he loses bigly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

If anyone has seen any of Trump's rallies, there are massive turnouts of people, whereas one can almost count on their hand how man people have turned up to anything Biden does. I actually do not believe for one minute Biden is ahead nor do I believe any of the media propaganda/fake polls that goes with it. This Hunter Biden/Joe Biden thing is not going away either and just at the perfect time for Trump who I think will be re-elected in the end.

Trump holds rallies where anyone can turn up, Biden doesn't hold rralies he holds invitation only socially distanced meetings/press conferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Quite a different demographic. One one hand you have people swarming to a rally during a pandemic, on the other hand you have people with common sense

Can not say that I have. But using turnout at rallies as a gauge somewhere between youtube views and cookies in terms of validity.

The one Trump did in Tulsa didn't seem to go down too well....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

I am just not one bit convinced by Biden. There is no energy from him whatsoever and I don't think anyone really believes he has got what it takes to be the President of the USA. If Biden does happen to win, it won't be because people are pro-Biden but it will be because they are anti-Trump. Anyway, I am sticking to a Trump re-election.

I am just not one bit convinced by Biden. There is no energy from him whatsoever and I don't think anyone really believes he has got what it takes to be the President of the USA. If Biden does happen to win, it won't be because people are pro-Biden but it will be because they are anti-Trump. Anyway, I am sticking to a Trump re-election.

And you'd probably be right.

Trump is not doing anything to attract new voters and his racism and rejection of science is pushing people away. And there is only one direction to go.

If he can't win on policy and had to use a dodgy laptop story, he really shouldn't be president.

• Advertisement

Can you point to anything that says college age turnout is cratering? They won't be voting from college campuses but this doesn't mean they're not voting...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Can not say that I have. But using turnout at rallies as a gauge somewhere between youtube views and cookies in terms of validity.

The one Trump did in Tulsa didn't seem to go down too well....

It used to be a common-sense indicator used by pundits up to and including Obama. 'Look at the enthusiasm, the rallies, the energy, it's a movement'. Now the data-nerds have taken over it has kind of changed, I hope for their own sake that they get it right. I have heard the post-hoc rationalisations about 'oh the polls weren't really wrong before' which I find strange because nobody had any idea that Donald Trump could win until after the counts came in.

Actually it'll be an interesting read to go back to the 2016 thread!

Another thing I think about is that I can't find a lot of positivity on Biden's side. At best it's tepid / neutral support I find online. I can't remember a time in politics when the more cynical vote won, if that makes sense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

You all said Hillary would win big back in 2016, she lost.
    You all said Brexit would never happen. It happened.
    Now you are all saying Biden will win big but he is behind where Hillary was in the polls at the same point.
    Most Trump voters are going to vote in person. Can't wait.

I was pretty sure Trump would win against Hillary, she was such a bad candidate it was obvious Trump was going to do well.
    I knew Biden would be the Democrats choice and that the big guns would rally behind him.
    It is now obvious that Trump is too far behind, has made too many enemies and has been a disaster on covid.

He in my opinion will lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

...his racism...

What racism?

What racism?

Is this like you pretending Trump never had an affair with Stormy?

Can you point to anything that says college age turnout is cratering? They won't be voting from college campuses but this doesn't mean they're not voting...

Yeah I saw numbers the other day haven't managed to find that article yet. Will post it when I do.

Is this like you pretending Trump never had an affair with Stormy?

Yes, in that an accusation not enough.

What racism?

Seriously?

Refering to Covid as the "Chinese virus"?
    Telling white supremicist groups to "stand up and stand by"?
    Attacking NFL players for standing up against police burtaity to blacks?
    Refering to a native American Sanator as "Pocahontas"?

Adn that;s just the ones I ca nremember.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

No energy is one thing...the guy is hardly even campaigning he is off again for a few days.

Meanwhile, unbelievable scenes in California of thousands lining the streets to welcome Trump last Sunday...there have been massive parades held in LA supporting the President....let's not kid ourselves he won't flip California but the visible enthusiasm is off the charts!!!

This is truly the most bizarre election we have ever witnessed...

Seriously?

Refering to Covid as the "Chinese virus"?
    Telling white supremicist groups to "stand up and stand by"?
    Attacking NFL players for standing up against police burtaity to blacks?
    Refering to a native American Sanator as "Pocahontas"?

Adn that;s just the ones I ca nremember.

It came from China? Was the name Spanish flu racist against the Spanish?

Proud boys? The leader is half black half hispanic

They are supporting BLM who are a Marxist organisation who are sowing division, causing riots and want to defund the police... If you look at the stats very very few black people are killed by the police in the US. Usually it is in the midst of a violent confrontation.

He mocked her because she LIED about her heritage.

• Advertisement

Calling it the chinese virus when it had a name is racist. His notes had "corona" crossed out and replced by China.

Why did he do this?
    Makes no difference. Are you telling me that thus means the Proud Boys are NOT racist?
    They are supporting BLM who are a Marxist organisation who are sowing division, causing riots and want to defund the police... If you look at the stats very very few black people are killed by the police in the US. Usually it is in the midst of a violent confrontation.
    Badmouthing BLM as "Marxist" is at best ignorant and at worst sidestepping a balntantly obvious point you can't addrerss. NFL players are NOT Marxist. Claiming Marxism to justify racism.... wow.
    It's still racist! Do you even know who Pocahontas was?

You trying to justify it doesn;t mean it wasn't the case. Not continuing this any more - I've proven my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

so take November 3rd, polling day, queues for up to 7-8 hours to go and vote, standing in line next to people, on one side you have people who have a mixed bag all the way from 'the virus is fake' to 'masks don't work' to 'I don't really care' , on the other you have 'terrified of the virus' , which side do you think won't want to stand in that queue.

you do know the spanish flu didnt originate in spain, right?

Calling it the chinese virus when it had a name is racist. His notes had "corona" crossed out and replced by China.

Why did he do this?

Makes no difference. Are you telling me that thus means the Proud Boys are NOT racist?

Badmouthing BLM as "Marxist" is at best ignorant and at worst sidestepping a balntantly obvious point you can't addrerss. NFL players are NOT Marxist. Claiming Marxism to justify racism.... wow.

It's still racist! Do you even know who Pocahontas was?

You trying to justify it doesn;t mean it wasn't the case. Not continuing this any more - I've proven my point.

You have proven nothing other than the fact that you are loose with the truth.

Who are the multi ethnic proud boys racist against?

A quote from a BLM founder:
    "We do have an ideological frame. Myself and Alicia, in particular, are trained organizers; we are trained Marxists. We are superversed on, sort of, ideological theories. And I think what we really try to do is build a movement that could be utilized by many, many Black folks."

They are leveraging black people.

you do know the spanish flu didnt originate in spain, right?

That doesn't weaken my point.

There are many diseases that are named after their country of origin.

That doesn't weaken my point.

There are many diseases that are named after their country of origin.

so you didnt know that.

so you didnt know that.
    Yes I did know that - what's your point exactly? Are you suggesting I am ignorant?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Trumpers still refusing to acknowledge examples of Daddy's racism

Sad

Yes I did know that - what's your point exactly? Are you suggesting I am ignorant?

We're sugesting that refering to it as a China virus when it has a name is racist. Pretending that the name is not racist because it refers to the origin is ignorant.

Thinking that the Proud Boys are not racist is ignorant.

Telling me that NFL players who take a knee are Marxist is ignorant.

Not knowing who Pocantas was is ignorant.

You tell me whaether or not this discribes you.

• Advertisement

We're sugesting that refering to it as a China virus when it has a name is racist. Pretending that the name is not racist because it refers to the origin is ignorant.

Thinking that the Proud Boys are not racist is ignorant.

Telling me that NFL players who take a knee are Marxist is ignorant.

Not knowing who Pocantas was is ignorant.

You tell me whaether or not this discribes you.

You should look up the definition of the word ignorant.

You appear to be the one with gaps in your information.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement