Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,497 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

You should look up the definition of the word ignorant.

You appear to be the one with gaps in your information.

Actacking me personally isn't going to change either the definition of the word "ignorant" or the fact that you made these statements (or failed to correct or clarify ANY of them in your post).

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Actacking me personally isn't going to change either the definition of the word "ignorant" or the fact that you made these statements (or failed to correct or clarify ANY of them in your post).

Okay, let's unpick this shall we?

How are the proud boys racist? Their membership is about as diverse as it gets. Please explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

How are the proud boys racist? Their membership is about as diverse as it gets. Please explain.
    Trump telling black and brown skinned Americans to go back to where they came from.

Racist or not?

That's not "unpicking", but hey.

Well, the FBI sees fit to inclide them on a list of extremist orgnaisations, they repeadly show up at BLM marches. I'd consider this either racist, or ask: why or they extremist? Why are the banned from social media? Why is there website inaccessable?

Feel free to disagree, but then you tell me: who do YOU think they are? Are they a group that a president seeking re-election should be encourageing?

So let's unpick THIS:

I've quoted Trump as being racist on three other counts, none of which you have contested.

Trump is racist. He uses racist rhetoric. He uses racial slurs to defame.

Well, the FBI sees fit to inclide them on a list of extremist orgnaisations, they repeadly show up at BLM marches. I'd consider this either racist, or ask: why or they extremist? Why are the banned from social media? Why is there website inaccessable?

Feel free to disagree, but then you tell me: who do YOU think they are? Are they a group that a president seeking re-election should be encourageing?

So let's unpick THIS:

I've quoted Trump as being racist on three other counts, none of which you have contested.

I said they are not racist. They appear to be a reaction to antifa more than anything.

BLM are Marxists who are leveraging black issues for political reasons. Being against BLM does not make one racist. I would argue that the real racists are the one's that want to use black people for their own ideological reasons.

• Advertisement

So let's unpick THIS:

Also, I contested all your previous points.

I said they are not racist. They appear to be a reaction to antifa more than anything.

BLM are Marxists who are leveraging black issues for political reasons. Being against BLM does not make one racist. I would argue that the real racists are the one's that want to use black people for their own ideological reasons.

Pretneding to be against Marxism is a cover, but we agree to disagree.

Can you prove to me that BLM are Marxist?
    Can you tell me why Trump told the Proud Boys to stand by?

You NEVER countered the Corona/China virus switch, you never countered Trump's opposition to NFL players, you never countered Pocahontas.

At the moment, you argument is that Trump is not racist because the BLM are Marxist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Not a single sentence here even implies they are racist.

I just looked it up and they are not on a list of extremist organisations. One sheriff made that claim and the media wrote thousands of articles. Then the FBI corrected the record and hardly anyone reports. Hence two years later people still claim it, even media still use it.

Did I miss something?

Not a single sentence here even implies they are racist.

I just looked it up and they are not on a list of extremist organisations. One sheriff made that claim and the media wrote thousands of articles. Then the FBI corrected the record and hardly anyone reports. Hence two years later people still claim it, even media still use it.

Did I miss something?

Sorry, you are correct, they were taken off the ist in 2018. FBI just uses "white supremicism groups" as a blanket section. If they are considered "white supremicist" then they would be on the list, but that's abit vague, I accept. I personal would, but that's just opinion.

Beyond that, I refer you to the answer (and question: who are they and why did Trump tell them to Stand by?) I gave above.

Sorry, you are correct, they were taken off the ist in 2018. FBI just uses "white supremicism groups" as a blanket section.

Beyond that, I refer you to the answer (and question: who are they and why did Trump tell them to Stand by?) I gave above.

Thanks. Were they ever on the list? Or did the sheriff report misrepresent the FBI's presentation?

I say maybe at least let's get an accurate picture of the situation before going into how Trump is using them. I don't mean to have a go but think about all the people out there just believing the FBI has categorised them as extremists / white supremecist. I know they have off-colour views, trolling elements and I'm even aware of violence that they've been involved in and some of their guys have been jailed.
    But that doesn't make them white supremecists and it doesn't make them militants / extremists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,598 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Thanks. Were they ever on the list? Or did the sheriff report misrepresent the FBI's presentation?

I say maybe at least let's get an accurate picture of the situation before going into how Trump is using them. I don't mean to have a go but think about all the people out there just believing the FBI has categorised them as extremists / white supremecist. I know they have off-colour views, trolling elements and I'm even aware of violence that they've been involved in and some of their guys have been jailed.
    But that doesn't make them white supremecists and it doesn't make them militants / extremists.

Uh.
    https://www.adl.org/proudboys
    'Ideology: Primarily alt lite: Misogynistic, Islamophobic, transphobic and anti-immigration. Some members espouse white supremacist and anti-Semitic ideologies and/or engage with white supremacist groups.'

Walks, acts, quacks like a duck...

They were, alebit briefly.

Problem is, with their social media and website all blocked, it's difficult to say what they beleive in. I don't buy this anti-Marxist bull**** and, as you say, they have a history of off-colour views and tyrning up at raliies that then turn violent.

They aren't in existence to promote freedom, justice and equlity for all - put it that way.

Igotadose wrote: »
    Uh.
    https://www.adl.org/proudboys
    'Ideology: Primarily alt lite: Misogynistic, Islamophobic, transphobic and anti-immigration. Some members espouse white supremacist and anti-Semitic ideologies and/or engage with white supremacist groups.'

Walks, acts, quacks like a duck...

The ADL and SPLC are politicised organisations now imo. But what incidents are you referring to? What was the thing that tilted it over the edge for you specifically?

They were, alebit briefly.

Problem is, with their social media and website all blocked, it's difficult to say what they beleive in. I don't buy this anti-Marxist bull**** and, as you say, they have a history of off-colour views and tyrning up at raliies that then turn violent.

They aren't in existence to promote freedom, justice and equlity for all - put it that way.

When you say briefly, was it also mistakenly or no?

Fair enough. I think both they and antifa/blm have a whole portion who aren't really idealogical. A good portion of the people heading out to these protests /events are doing it for the thrill of confrontation.

Telling me that NFL players who take a knee are Marxist is ignorant.

NFL players who openly support BLM are likely doing it for good publicity.

BLM founders are openly Marxist.

When you say briefly, was it also mistakenly or no?

Fair enough. I think both they and antifa/blm have a whole portion who aren't really idealogical. A good portion of the people heading out to these protests /events are doing it for the thrill of confrontation.

They were.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/19/proud-boys-fbi-classification-extremist-group-white-nationalism-report

They have since been removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

So standing (or kneeling in this matter) for racial equality is just for publicity?

Publicity? That's a new one. They were professional players in the public eye who were - mostly - black. It was an issue that directly effected them. Most sports - including the Prmeier League - took similar stances.

The second is just an excuse to avoid looking like racists (them, not you). The poru boys are a lot closer to racism than BLM is to Marxism. Again - a lot of famous non-marxist people supported them. Raheem Sterling off the top of me head - are you going to tell me he was doing it for publicity and nothing to do with anti-racist measures.

So. Lies, guesses and confirmation bias. ANything else?

The first is "likely" bollocks: most of the players were black.

The second is just an excuse to avoid looking like racists (them, not you). Unless you can prove it?

If this is the bets you can do to defend Trumps's racism, we're done here. These excuses are unproven confirmation biases which are at best very umlikely and at worst downright lies.

The quote I provided earlier from a BLM founder stating they were Marxist was not sufficient?

https://therealnews.com/pcullors0722blacklives
    CULLORS: Um, I think that the criticism is helpful. I also think that it might–. I think of a lot of things. The first thing, I think, is that we actually do have an ideological frame. Myself and Alicia in particular are trained organizers. We are trained Marxists. We are super-versed on, sort of, ideological theories. And I think that what we really tried to do is build a movement that could be utilized by many, many black folk.

so take November 3rd, polling day, queues for up to 7-8 hours to go and vote, standing in line next to people, on one side you have people who have a mixed bag all the way from 'the virus is fake' to 'masks don't work' to 'I don't really care' , on the other you have 'terrified of the virus' , which side do you think won't want to stand in that queue.

So neither of you are gonna provide proof of the claim? I imagine many are queuing and wearing masks btw. You guys have reached some levels of speculation.

• Advertisement

Also:
    "We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and ‘villages’ that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable."
    They are about destroying the family unit. Nice.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Trump telling black and brown skinned Americans to go back to where they came from.

Racist or not?

I ignored your comment because it had nothing to do with the question.

You are making a new assertion.

Please explain what you mean. Is that a direct quote from Trump or another misrepresentation?

The quote I provided earlier from a BLM founder stating they were Marxist was not sufficient?

https://therealnews.com/pcullors0722blacklives

Not really. They're also black.

Tell me - what Marxist ideals do you think relate to the BLM movement more than racial equality ideals? On a general level, not just founders? Afterall, you said the organisation was Marxist, not just the founders.
    And how does anti-Marxism prove that Trump is not racist? He can be both.

I'll also add Billy's one to my list so you cna now answer that one too as it;s no longer a neww assertion:

Trump telling black and brown skinned Americans to go back to where they came from. Racist or not?

I ignored your comment because it had nothing to do with the question.

You are making a new assertion.

Please explain what you mean. Is that a direct quote from Trump or another misrepresentation?

It's in relation to you questioning Donald's racism.

Donald said 4 Democrat congresswomen who just happen to be non-white should go back to where they came from if they don't like how America is being run. Three of these women were born in America.

Do you think it's racist to tell black/brown skinned Americans to go back to where they came from?

It's in relation to you questioning Donald's racism.

Donald said 4 Democrat congresswomen who just happen to be non-white should go back to where they came from if they don't like how America is being run. Three of these women were born in America.

Do you think it's racist to tell black/brown skinned Americans to go back to where they came from?

Please provide a quote, clip or any direct evidence please.

So interesting to see "Progressive" Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly, you can't leave fast enough. I'm sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0jzHlKAmkU&ab_channel=AFPNewsAgency

You really do like making people waste posts, don't youi?

I'll agree that it's a pretty inflammatory tweet and he should have watched his language.

• Advertisement

I'll agree that it's a pretty inflammatory tweet and he should have watched his language.
    Heck of a way to answer a straightforward question.

Is it racist or not?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement