Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Heck of a way to answer a straightforward question.

Is it racist or not?

they could have meant back to their home states...from Washington...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,497 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So interesting to see "Progressive" Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries ...

Washington ain't a country, Eric...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Don't be so stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0jzHlKAmkU&ab_channel=AFPNewsAgency

You really do like making people waste posts, don't youi?
    Heck of a way to answer a straightforward question.

Is it racist or not?

I'd say it was offensive for sure, as are their antisemitic comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I'd say it was offensive for sure, as are their antisemitic comments.
    I didn't ask you whether it was offensive, I asked you whether it was racist but for some reason you refuse to answer.

It's ok to say it was racist you know. I doubt if Donnie follows the Current Affairs forum on Boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

No you didn't read the article correctly, that document was written by the guy who FBI later clarified was mistaken.

I didn't ask you whether it was offensive, I asked you whether it was racist but for some reason you refuse to answer.

It's ok to say it was racist you know. I doubt if Donnie follows the Current Affairs forum on Boards.ie

Do we need to play this game though?

I ask you is it racist for Biden to insinuate that someone who votes for him isn't really black. From an old white guy! Or when he says poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Even his vice presidential pick called him racist! She has changed her mind about his contribution to her harrowing childhood.

My point is not to say Biden has hate for black people, like Trump I don't think he does. My point is it's just gamesmanship.

People realise there are more important things going on in the world than the language of boomers on race.

You see it starting to break among mainstream black artists and there have been tens (hundreds?) of thousands of blacks who support Trump. Now either we as white irish people are calling them all uncle toms or they see things differently. Or they see the alleged racism and realise some things are more important. 50 cent, if he isn't trolling prioritises lower taxes. Ice Cube is willing to overlook it all to further his agenda for ADOS. Kanye just loves Trump because he recognises the other side don't really represent christian values.

Trump himself doesn't represent Christian values and he obviously uses Christianity for political gain however the key insight is that his executive actions and rhetoric do. So if I have an agenda and someone is so narcissistic that it causes them to implement it for their own political gain then I might not care about their motivations.

People realise there are more important things going on in the world than the language of boomers on race.

You see it starting to break among mainstream black artists and there have been tens (hundreds?) of thousands of blacks who support Trump. Now either we as white irish people are calling them all uncle toms or they see things differently. Or they see the alleged racism and realise some things are more important. 50 cent, if he isn't trolling prioritises lower taxes. Ice Cube is willing to overlook it all to further his agenda for ADOS. Kanye just loves Trump because he recognises the other side don't really represent christian values.

Trump himself doesn't represent Christian values and he obviously uses Christianity for political gain however the key insight is that his executive actions and rhetoric do. So if I have an agenda and someone is so narcissistic that it causes them to implement it for their own political gain then I don't care. A

Biden's tax changes are going to harm everyone.

https://taxfoundation.org/joe-biden-tax-plan-2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,707 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Biden’s tax plan would raise about $3.05 trillion over the next decade on a conventional basis, and $2.65 trillion after accounting for the reduction in the size of the U.S. economy.

Lot of money there to be used by the Government.

Or how do you think a government should get money to invest if not from taxes?

In a year that saw GDP drop by 30% in Q2, I think people would be happier with the projection of a tiny decrease as long as the money raised is used appropriately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Erm....
    Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden would enact a number of policies that would raise taxes on individuals with income above $400,000

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I hope not, but it wouldn't surprise me if the **** did win.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Jesus, the lengths some posters will go through to jump through hoops for Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Tony EH wrote: »
    Jesus, the lengths some posters will go through to jump through hoops for Trump.

And he wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. I'll never understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

I have to agree....the only thing that will spare the US violence and unrest is a Biden landslide...but I just can't see that happening.

So a Trump landslide wouldnt spare the US violence...hmm. The left would keep on with the violence..we know that already

BloodyBill wrote: »
    So a Trump landslide wouldnt spare the US violence...hmm. The left would keep on with the violence..we know that already

There'll be violence no matter what way this turns out - you thing the right aren't capable if they lose...?

Erm....
    Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden would enact a number of policies that would raise taxes on individuals with income above $400,000

Read past the headline. Overall result is a net drop in GDP and everyone loses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

^^ Trickle down economics - no thanks.

Phoebas wrote: »
    ^^ Trickle down economics - no thanks.

And you are okay with wages lowered and 1/2 million unemployed?

Gross Domestic Product (GDP)
    -1.47%
    Capital stock
    -2.54%
    Wage rate
    -1.04%
    Full-time Equivalent Jobs
    Source: Tax Foundation General Equilibrium Model, January 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,598 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

-1.47%
    Capital stock
    -2.54%
    Wage rate
    -1.04%

What's the #IMPOTUS's plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,707 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

-1.47%
    Capital stock
    -2.54%
    Wage rate
    -1.04%

You seriously asking if people are ok with the idea of 1/2M people losing their jobs over ten years after seeing 30M lose their in 3 months?

You seriously asking if people are ok with the idea of 1/2M people losing their jobs over ten years after seeing 30M lose their in 3 months?

Well that’s what you get with Biden.

Igotadose wrote: »
    What's the #IMPOTUS's plan?

Not increasing taxes. Not removing jobs.

Well that’s what you get with Biden.

A massive reduction in unemployment figures..?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Tax Foundation:
    Biden’s tax plan also includes the following proposed business tax changes:

Increases the corporate income tax rate from 21 percent to 28 percent.

Creates a minimum tax on corporations with book profits of $100 million or higher. The minimum tax is structured as an alternative minimum tax—corporations will pay the greater of their regular corporate income tax or the 15 percent minimum tax while still allowing for net operating loss (NOL) and foreign tax credits

And on a wholly unrelated note, also Tax Foundation...
    Funded by / Ownership

The Tax Foundation is organized as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit educational and research organization. They are primarily funded by corporate interests such as the Koch Brothers and Exxon-Mobil. According to their website, in 2010 (the last we could find) 33% of donations came from corporate sources.

Analysis / Bias

In review, the Tax Foundation covers tax policy that advances a Libertarian agenda. Essentially, they advocate for lower taxes and regulations on business. Articles and analysis on the website typically do not use loaded wording, such as this: Tracking the Economic Impact of U.S. Tariffs and Retaliatory Actions. This story is very well sourced to Reuters, NPR, and Whitehouse.gov. The website also features a blog, that again uses minimally loaded language and sticks to the theme of low taxation: Which Places Pay the Most in Property Taxes?

Blatant ad hominem aside, having looked at the model they employ which "does not currently estimate the effects of changes in private and government spending policies, and focuses primarily on changes in tax policy", I have to ask - given the historic dichotomy between the two parties, the Republicans being the ones of both tax and federal spending cuts and the Democrats that of tax increases on particular demographics accompanied by increases in federal spending, could this model ever result in a favourable outcome for Team Blue?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Is it racist or not?

Not.

If some white South African, or white Moldovan, or white Ukrainian (etc etc etc) became a member of congress and then began spewing out the same kind of bile that up-start Omar has, about how the current US administration are fascists, then you can bet your arse Trump would tell them to go back to the countries from whence they came and fix the problems there before returning back and telling him how to run America. Some people said something. It wasn't remotely a racist statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Pretty cute it's Ilhan you pick as the example, the remarks weren't solely for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Ilhan Omar is an American citizen, who moved to the country at 12 years old. America IS her country.

*EDIT* And as pointed out by MeMen, he was also referring to other women who were actually born in the United States

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Ilhan Omar is an American citizen, who moved to the country at 12 years old. America IS her country.

Trump did not say America wasn't her country or that she wasn't an American citizen .. and nor did I.

He merely suggested (after she ran her mouth about the US Administration being fascistic) that she: return to where she came from originally, fix the problems there, then come back and advise the current US administration how to run America.

Again, had a white Congressperson (that was originally from say South Africa, Moldova, or Ukraine etc, suggested that the US Administration was fascist like Omar did, Trump would've for certain said the same to them. There was nothing racist about the comments given they weren't made because of her skin colour. They were in fact made about an immigrant in the US who was given a chance at the American Dream, achieved it, then had the neck to speak as poorly as she did about the US. Clearly she does not love her new country. Nobody is saying she shouldn't have the political views she does but her expressed radical left views are nauseating given they make devils of the very country which enables her to live a charmed life.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement