Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

This thread started out positively.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Can you name anyone of worth who does back him?

I recall somebody else made that mistake when they called voters worthless.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

Trump won last elections in areas where the demographic increase are bigger so he will probrably win this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I recall somebody else made that mistake when they called voters worthless.

Where did I call voters worthless? That's some crazy twisting of words to come to that silly conclusion.

I'll ask again though, has anyone of worth (former presidents, senior Republicans, etc) come out to publicly endorse Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    War Monger Generals aren't backing a President that hasn't started a new war and is ramping down some? I am totally shocked and awed.

Let's ask the soldiers who tend to end up in the firing zone because of these asshole generals and ask their opinion.

Yeah, it's not looking so good for Donald there either. This poll is also from four days ago, before this "losers and suckers" stuff kicked off. Maybe doing or even saying nothing, and just letting Russia kill them didn't work out so well?

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/514418-military-times-poll-biden-holds-4-point-lead-over-trump-among-troops
    The poll, conducted in partnership with the Institute for Veterans and Military Families at Syracuse University with participants chosen from Military Times subscribers, showed Biden garnering 41 percent support among active-duty service members to Trump’s 37 percent.

By comparison, a similar poll from October 2016 showed Trump leading then-Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton by roughly 20 points among military voters.

• Advertisement

Where did I call voters worthless? That's some crazy twisting of words to come to that silly conclusion.

I'll ask again though, has anyone of worth (former presidents, senior Republicans, etc) come out to publicly endorse Trump?

This is the only endorsement that counts, not the Rockefeller Republicans retirement home for politicians who ceased to be relevant after the 1990s.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Fox News now confirming the Atlantic story:

https://twitter.com/JacquiHeinrich/status/1301972236790886402

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

You obviously haven't watched any of his recent speeches :rolleyes:

Yeah after his handlers pump him full of drugs he is lucid for a few minutes, have you seen the IV punctures in his hand ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I'm painfully bored of the Trump saga. But i don't think he is the cause of the current vitriolic decisiveness we see in American public life now, he has just focused attention. A Biden presidency will be nothing more than a temporary sticking plaster over the festering wound.

• Advertisement

This is the only endorsement that counts, not the Rockefeller Republicans retirement home for politicians who ceased to be relevant after the 1990s.

So thats a no then? Not a single person of note has come out in support of Trump, and now after his stupid remarks about the military I expect to see a few senior generals giving their support to Biden, #IMPOTUS has lost the military vote and also the votes of their families.

He's going down in flames.

I'm painfully bored of the Trump saga. But i don't think he is the cause of the current vitriolic decisiveness we see in American public life now, he has just focused attention. A Biden presidency will be nothing more than a temporary sticking plaster over the festering wound.

Do you not think that bidens policies will be great for Americans?

Decriminalisation of people who are caught illegal border crossing sounds like a real positive.

Yeah after his handlers pump him full of drugs he is lucid for a few minutes, have you seen the IV punctures in his hand ?

These ones?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/12301649/trump-bruise-hand-secret-medical-treatment/amp/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

"Trump is the symptom, not the cause"

Both are probably not in perfect health. They are both old men above 70 years of age. I'd imagine Biden's physical health might be better as he is quite trim.

Mentally though Biden really seems to be dithering and stumbling through speeches and just brings nothing in comparison to Trump.

The debates will leave Joe Biden nowhere to hide. His team cant save him when its 1v1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

haha, it really is getting close to the election when old lads we've never heard of before start getting wheeled out that apparently have correctly predicted every election for the last 50 years using their super-duper statistical modelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭guitarhappy

Lets see:

Trump is a sociopathic draft dodging racist, xenophobe, homophobe, pathological liar, malignant narcissist with an obvious psychopathic disorder, failed businessman with multiple bankruptcies who cheats everyone who does business with him, tax cheat, and moron who can't string 5 words together to make a coherent sentence, etc.

Throw in some QAnon, his friendship with pedophile Jeffrey Epstein, his best wishes for Epstein partner Jizzy Maxwell, his cheating on his wives, and his general fear of/abuse of women...Trump represents America to perfection.

So thats a no then? Not a single person of note has come out in support of Trump, and now after his stupid remarks about the military I expect to see a few senior generals giving their support to Biden, #IMPOTUS has lost the military vote and also the votes of their families.

He's going down in flames.

The story is red meat for those suffering Trump Derangement Syndrome by putting an obvious fake news story out there it shows desperation by the Biden campaign and indicates privately they know they are well behind, it's probably intended to shave off maybe 2 to 3 points in the polls for Trump and dent the strong on defence and security arm of the campaign where he has traction.

Don't be surprised if in return Biden gets accused of more than sniffing a young girls hair, American election campaigns are no holds barred events.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Lets see:

Trump is a sociopathic draft dodging racist, xenophobe, homophobe, pathological liar, malignant narcissist with an obvious psychopathic disorder, failed businessman with multiple bankruptcies who cheats everyone who does business with him, tax cheat, and moron who can't string 5 words together to make a coherent sentence, etc.

Throw in some QAnon, his friendship with pedophile Jeffrey Epstein, his best wishes for Epstein partner Jizzy Maxwell, his cheating on his wives, and his general fear of/abuse of women...Trump represents America to perfection.

And still he was more liked than hilary
    And might even be more liked than biden

what does that tell you ?

• Advertisement

Biden Hillary Trump

Only 1 of the above was elected president of the United states
    Also only 1 of the above isnt a career politician

and ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭briany

Mentally though Biden really seems to be dithering and stumbling through speeches and just brings nothing in comparison to Trump.

The debates will leave Joe Biden nowhere to hide. His team cant save him when its 1v1

This is what the Bernie Sanders supporters were saying during the primaries as well.

If you look at a Bernie/Biden debate, here

You can't even really find trolls commenting that Biden is messing up his words because they have very little in this two hour video to go on.

Trump would bring something to debates, alright. Bluster and attempted zingers. If that's what you think makes a good president, OK. Trump has been funny at times during this last 5 years or so, but I think it's now time to let someone proper get on with the serious political work that needs to be done. Biden wouldn't be my first choice for that, but even if he did have dementia, he'd still be better than Trump right now, i.e. the man actively trying to divide the USA at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,990 ✭✭✭✭listermint

He wasn't though she got more votes than him. Ergo more liked. Do you know how to count ?

The dodgy EC system pushed trump into the white House not individual votes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lets see:

and now abuser of war dead! He has something new to offend middle America with every day and yet he could still win. Remarkable dysfunction.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

This story about Trump describing war dead as losers, or whatever it actually is, might rumble on for a while and do some damage, then something else will come along and put Biden in the crosshairs.

It's way too early to be making predictions at this stage. There are plenty of surprises/scandals/slurs still to come.

listermint wrote: »
    He wasn't though she got more votes than him. Ergo more liked. Do you know how to count ?

The dodgy EC system pushed trump into the white House not individual votes

ah that old chestnut....the excuse that hilary was robbed....was wondering when the would make an appearance.
    Tell me if Biden only got in due to the electoral college would you claim trump was more liked than biden.

Truth is Trump got in ahead of Hilary, and I genuinely believe had the democrats nominated anyone, other than Hilary I suspect trump would have lost, but Hilary is was and will always be unlikable

As many on here are pointing out Trump is a dick, but it says a lot about the war monger nation when not only he won, but there is a chance he could win again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

osarusan wrote: »
    This story about Trump describing war dead as losers, or whatever it actually is, might rumble on for a while and do some damage, then something else will come along and put Biden in the crosshairs.

It's way too early to be making predictions at this stage. There are plenty of surprises/scandals/slurs still to come.

Indeed, looking forward to Michael Cohens book.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Erica Kious pushed out by Pelosi has to relocate, go fund me has raised $213,060 so far https://www.gofundme.com/f/sf-salon-pushed-out-by-pelosi-forced-to-relocate

Will she get back in? Makes Big Phil look like Mary Poppins..

https://twitter.com/dbongino/status/1301884086550626306?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,659 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I think he will scrape in again.

And if he does, it will be gas listening to Tubridy, Matt Cooper and the rest of the Irish media who seem to despise him so much.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement