Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

duploelabs wrote: »
    2 to 4 % swing, even with the margin oof error isn't going to get trump over the line given the current status of the polls

Yes, I personally think he won't get over the line this time. 2016 was the first time in a long time people could send an actual, meaningful protest vote to professional politicians and put someone in who might be crazy and thick-headed enough to actually change how things are done. He's had four years and I don't think things have changed enough to get the same kind of disaffected and alienated voter back out, especially with covid. On the other hand though, Biden is the least charismatic and energising candidate they could have come up with on the Democrat side. If the Democrats come out to vote, it will be out of hatred for Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Yea that gaurdian story was bollox, I'll bet the house there's not even an insinuation that the 24 year old woman was underage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

Is there even a shred of evidence to support this?

Pretty sure all evidence points to the swing of the undecided voters in 16 pushing trump across the line.. here in 2020 the percentage of undecideds is a lot smaller which is giving trump less room to wiggle his way to victory.

No evidence, how could there be? With turnout at 55-56% I am not sure how you could quantify how many undecideds just stayed at home. People who state a preference seem more likely to me to value the vote more than undecideds.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,535 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yea that gaurdian story was bollox, I'll bet the house there's not even an insinuation that the 24 year old woman was underage.

Has Rudy denied it? ;)

Overheal wrote: »
    Has Rudy denied it? ;)

hah no

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

The article was quite clear about that though. Borat barges in and says 15 after as a joke?

hah no

Must be true then! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GerryWalsh

Let's go Trump!

vojiwox wrote: »
    The article was quite clear about that though. Borat barges in and says 15 after as a joke?

Yea I was put off earlier at least one poster insinuating otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭newhouse87

twitter as usual gets wrong end of the stick and goes mental, really is a cesspit.

• Advertisement

Yea I was put off earlier at least one poster insinuating otherwise

Quite the week for rudi all the same. What a mess.

What a mess the whole Trump campaign is at the moment.

Roll on the 60, or 45 minutes interview on Sunday. Is it still being televised?

newhouse87 wrote: »
    twitter as usual gets wrong end of the stick and goes mental, really is a cesspit.

My timeline seems fine, people need to look at who they follow. They may be creating the cesspit!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

GerryWalsh wrote: »
    Let's go Trump!

He's going alright :D

My timeline seems fine, people need to look at who they follow. They may be creating the cesspit!

dont have a profile so your snide comment is not valid. also its number 2 trending in the us so maybe you should check your twitter again.

dont have a profile so your snide comment is not valid.

Wasn't being snide. Advice. Set up a profile. Follow some people you're interested in. Enjoy.

Simples.

Wasn't being snide. Advice. Set up a profile. Follow some people you're interested in. Enjoy.

Simples.[/QUOTE

You were wrong, it was all over twitter, simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

hah no
    Fun fact Rudy's first wife was also his second cousin...he is a classy guy.

You were wrong, it was all over twitter, simples.

Wrong. Not all over my timeline. Not how it works.

Get a profile, you might like it.

Wrong. Not all over my timeline. Not how it works.

Get a profile, you might like it.

wrong, just because it wasn't on your timeline doesn't mean it wasn't all over twitter. Its exactly how it works when it comes to trending topics.

wrong, just because it wasn't on your timeline doesn't mean it wasn't all over twitter. Its exactly how it works when it comes to trending topics.

I can help you with twitter and boards quoting if you want.

• Advertisement

I can help you with twitter and boards quoting if you want.

cheers i can help you not thank posts you dont mean to in future, i can also explain about trending on twitter, pm me if you need help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    No evidence, how could there be? With turnout at 55-56% I am not sure how you could quantify how many undecideds just stayed at home. People who state a preference seem more likely to me to value the vote more than undecideds.

Exactly.. yet you're using it in a discussion when you have no proof and you're asking me how many people lied to pollsters..

What we do know, it was part of Donnie's campaign strategy to target voters to get them not to vote.. you can check it out on channel 4 website.

Exactly.. yet you're using it in a discussion when you have no proof and you're asking me how many people lied to pollsters..

What we do know, it was part of Donnie's campaign strategy to target voters to get them not to vote.. you can check it out on channel 4 website.

The point is the proof is in the pudding, if trump was to win again would you not agree that the polls are wrong and trump supporters are not declaring for trump when asked.

gmisk wrote: »
    Fun fact Rudy's first wife was also his second cousin...he is a classy guy.

Aye he's dangerously close to the line there :P

Obama just now: “Our Democracy is not going to work if the people who are supposed to be our leaders lie everyday and just make things up. And we’ve become just numb to it. We’ve become immune to it. Every single day. Fact checkers can’t keep up.”

While Donny is at the same time posting articles from breitbart about hunter and China.

If they vote him in again... I dunno.

What do Trump supporters here think of breitbart out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

The point is the proof is in the pudding, if trump was to win again would you not agree that the polls are wrong and trump supporters are not declaring for trump when asked.

There are other factors at work in parallel.

1. The Democrats neglected the ground game until too late as the Republicans have got their voter registrations up.

2. Biden has collected more donations than Trump but money can only buy him advertisement. Trump gets media attention for free due to the constant outrage the Democrats project on him.

3. Trump has the enthusiasm of his supporters while Biden goes out to read from giant teleprompters to few people.

4. Biden is center right by the standards of the Democrats and it is assumed he is a stand in who will replaced by the centre right Kamala Harris. During the primaries she never polled higher than 2%. Politically she is a very weak candidate. The younger voters are not really motivated to come out and vote for them in the same way they might for Bernie Sanders and there is a split in the DNC between the younger radical left and the geriatric corporates which has alienated the center moderates of the party.

5. Biden has yet to find a way out of the Hunter laptop controversy.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Hold up, the "proof" was supposedly in the 16 election that people lied.. the proof is that undecided voters decided how they would vote after the first debate, and the scandal..
    Donnie fans don't accept that there isn't this silent majority, there was just a simple undecided vote in 16 that swung to Donnie and he got the electrol college vote..

Here and now, the undecideds, even if they all swung to Donnie he still loses as things stand.

Hold up, the "proof" was supposedly in the 16 election that people lied.. the proof is that undecided voters decided how they would vote after the first debate, and the scandal..
    Donnie fans don't accept that there isn't this silent majority, there was just a simple undecided vote in 16 that swung to Donnie and he got the electrol college vote..

Here and now, the undecideds, even if they all swung to Donnie he still loses as things stand.

ok you are missing my point, im saying IF trump wins again, would you agree that the polls are wrong and trump has silent voters not declaring for him in polls? Im not saying it is true, im saying if he wins again it points to that conclusion, would you agree?

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement