Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Wouldn't it make more sense for Iran to want Biden?

Russia obtained data but did not use it. Iran are doing the harassing.

Iran knows if Biden gets in the planeloads of cash will start up again.

Nope.

Trump is highly compromised and easier to corrupt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Nope.

Trump is highly compromised and easier to corrupt

You base that opinion on what data?

Obama gave them a literal planeload of cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the many hundreds of millions in debt we know he has. let alone what debt we dont know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,337 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

washman3 wrote: »
    In case you did'nt notice, it's been happening in Ireland since the foundation of the state.!! Ever heard of the term 'civil war politics'
    I know some people, you have not spoken to each other since the McCarthy/Keane debacle in Saipan. Were lifetime friends before that, and another case are 2 brothers.
    Yet we call Americans crazy.....:confused::confused:

Yeah, I didn’t really expect it these days. With Covid going on you think people might have some perspective. You might never see these people again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,598 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

The money congress had approved? That planeload?

• Advertisement

Igotadose wrote: »
    The money congress had approved? That planeload?

Yes, what a stupid plan. I wonder how much of that money funded terrorism?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Wouldn't it make more sense for Iran to want Biden?

Russia obtained data but did not use it. Iran are doing the harassing.

Iran knows if Biden gets in the planeloads of cash will start up again.

Russia are using it, according to the FBI: https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/russia-iran-have-some-us-voter-registration-data-aim-to-interfere-in-election-fbi-20201022-p567ii.html

cnocbui wrote: »

Quoting the article directly.
    Ratcliffe said that Russia had not engaged in the same actions as Iran but “we are aware that they have obtained some voter information, just as they did in 2016.”

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Quoting the article directly.

Absence of proof isn't proof of absence

Russia are using it[/url]
    duploelabs wrote: »
    Absence of proof isn't proof of absence

I am disputing cnoc's assertion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I am disputing cnoc's assertion.

Your own quote:
    Russia had not engaged in the same actions as Iran

You are interpreting 'not the same' as meaning 'none at all', which it logically doesn't. To say Ratcliffe was being cagey would be putting it mildly. I suspect he only even mentioned the situation out of fear at what a latter enquiry by the incoming Democrat lead government might do to him if it transpired he knew stuff but did nothing about it. He is doing and saying the minimum he thinks he can get away with.

He is doing and saying the minimum he thinks he can get away with.

I was agreeing with you and then you made this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Judging by what this fella says, Alan Litchman. It is going to be a Biden win.
    He called Trump win last time and the majority of other elections.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Which is why they want Biden to win again as they remember those billions and how much they were able to accomplish as a result of Obama being so generous to them.

Also, lol @ the anti-Trump contingent sneering at the NY Post story on the Biden email scandal as if it's a non story when the same people are on here going nuts about Rudy tucking his shirt in yesterday.

Course you can be damn sure if emails (and an ex business partner) of Don Jnr's showed up to confirm that the President knew he was making millions by his unscrupulous activities, they'd be all over it and especially so if Trump had used a Billion in aid as leverage to get a Ukraine prosecutor fired that just happened to be a thorn in the side of the owner of a gas firm that Don Jnr was sitting on and making millions from, whilst he smoked crack and ... well, we'll left the rest for another day, but the point is the same folk moaning about the legitimacy of this story, would be all over it were the players Trumps and not Bidens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Trump’s goose is cooked. Good news for Ireland. He’s no friend of this country or its people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Sarah Sanders going all out with others 4 to one against their token democrat about Hunter Biden on fox news now
    The evidence is clear they say,they have text messages

Democrat only allowed one word in edgeways so she asks why Trump has paid more tax in China than in the U.S :D

No answer,straight back now to talking about Hunter and rejoicing in Saint Amy Barrett

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Trump should forgo much of his regular rudeness in tonight’s debate and simply pummel Biden constantly on his corruption and disregard for the coveted office he held, regarding the Ukraine and China, when he was point man in both countries in the Obama administration.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,534 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

notobtuse wrote: »
    Trump should forgo much of his regular rudeness in tonight’s debate and simply pummel Biden constantly on his corruption and disregard for the coveted office he held, regarding the Ukraine and China, when he was point man in both countries in the Obama administration.

Welcome back!

That would be a terrible strategy for Trump, just saying, but you're free to hope for it.

All Biden has to do if Trump wants to make the debate all about a laptop and the Ukraine is bring up Trump's Impeachment, when he strong-armed an ally to try and get them to politicize our election on his behalf, or the newest revelation about Trump's Chinese bank account and the much larger sums of taxes he has paid to foreign countries while claiming to put America First.

Trump would be preaching to the already converted and Biden's rebuttal on Trump's own crushing debts and foreign accounts and scheming with Ukraine, that will just land Biden more undecideds, what few remain.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Trump’s goose is cooked. Good news for Ireland. He’s no friend of this country or its people.

Biden would be great for Ireland. Also would be only the second practicing Catholic elected to the office

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

8-10 wrote: »
    Biden would be great for Ireland. Also would be only the second practicing Catholic elected to the office

And he’s Irish ancestry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

If Biden himself says the word QAnon that would be funny.

I read that foreign policy is verboten too, imagine that!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,732 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Which is why they want Biden to win again as they remember those billions and how much they were able to accomplish as a result of Obama being so generous to them.

Also, lol @ the anti-Trump contingent sneering at the NY Post story on the Biden email scandal as if it's a non story when the same people are on here going nuts about Rudy tucking his shirt in yesterday.

Course you can be damn sure if emails (and an ex business partner) of Don Jnr's showed up to confirm that the President knew he was making millions by his unscrupulous activities, they'd be all over it and especially so if Trump had used a Billion in aid as leverage to get a Ukraine prosecutor fired that just happened to be a thorn in the side of the owner of a gas firm that Don Jnr was sitting on and making millions from, whilst he smoked crack and ... well, we'll left the rest for another day, but the point is the same folk moaning about the legitimacy of this story, would be all over it were the players Trumps and not Bidens.

There's mountains of evidence against Trump which he spent most of his presidency firing people to try and keep it out of the limelight, a lot of those covering for him ended up in jail.

You're a Trump supporter who denounces fake news, yet you believe a shady story about Biden without question (or do you?).

Are all the Biden (currently missing evidence) and Trump (lots of evidence, lots of people jailed, likely only protected due to being president) true?

Do you believe Rudy was adjusting his shirt?

And he’s Irish ancestry!

What was the headline on google news today? Sometimes I put Biden in search bar just to have a chuckle at what we are presented with.

After about 20 articles about how each of these Important People are voting for Biden, and after the Rolling Stone propaganda (that for some reason nobody put their name to...) there was this:

How Joe Biden's Ancestor Saved Thousands During The Famine. -Rte

astrofool wrote: »
    There's mountains of evidence against Trump which he spent most of his presidency firing people to try and keep it out of the limelight, a lot of those covering for him ended up in jail.

Nothing but conjecture from those profiting from making such claims and who have an axe to grind.
    Do you believe Rudy was adjusting his shirt?

He was mic'd up and so yes, of course. If he was masturbating a report to that extent would have been made by the woman. She made no such complaint.
    You're a Trump supporter who denounces fake news, yet you believe a shady story about Biden without question (or do you?).

Are all the Biden (currently missing evidence) and Trump (lots of evidence, lots of people jailed, likely only protected due to being president) true?

I am merely pointing out that if the same circumstances took place about the Trumps, with precisely the same amount of evidence, the mainstream liberal media would be all over it. Sure look at the Russia, Russia, Russia and Impeachmentapoloza coverage for heaven sake.

Now though what we are seeing is the liberal media, in conjunction with big tech, putting their thumbs on the scale so that this story gets as little traction as possible. Even the 'Trump called WWII Vets losers' story with anon sources was headline news. The liberal media, along with big tech are effectively interfering in the presidential election and it's good to see that congress have taken note are taking steps to hold them to task:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/oct/20/google-antitrust-charges-threat-big-tech

He was mic'd up and so yes, of course.

Sure everytime I'm alone with a woman in a hotel room I lay on the bed to tuck in my shirt so we can do things the American Way: missionary position, fully dressed, followed by a firm handshake.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,705 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Now though what we are seeing is the liberal media, in conjunction with big tech, putting their thumbs on the scale so that this story gets as little traction as possible.

The most widely viewed cable News network in the US passed on this story because of their doubts about the credibility of it. The 'not exactly liberal media' Fox News.

Think about that.

Comparing this with what happened with Russia, and all the investigations, indictments, prosecutions, trials and convictions associated with that is like comparing kids playing cops and robbers with a bona-fide terrorist act.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

If Biden himself says the word QAnon that would be funny.

I read that foreign policy is verboten too, imagine that!

Far too convenient if true. They are desperate to get Trump out.

Far too convenient if true. They are desperate to get Trump out.

I assume they will backtrack if it was the case. It might be a step too far.

The most widely viewed cable News network in the US passed on this story because of their doubts about the credibility of it. The 'not exactly liberal media' Fox News.

Think about that.

Eh, wut?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hunter-biden-china-email-source-verifies
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hunter-biden-business-partner-email-genuine-joe-biden-advice

Comparing this with what happened with Russia, and all the investigations, indictments, prosecutions, trials and convictions associated with that is like comparing kids playing cops and robbers with a bona-fide terrorist act.

I agree. One had legitimate sources (store owner, ex business partner) and actual evidence (a hard drive) and the other was disgruntled Obama holdovers trying to undermine the newly elected president because they were unhappy that Hillary wasn't elected after she had tried to use Russian sourced salacious misinformation to steal / overturn the results of an election.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement