Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

all polls I see are moving towards a 1-2% lead for Biden .

Any citation for these polls?
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/22/biden-leads-trump-in-polls-with-less-than-2-weeks-to-go-in-campaign.html
    Here’s what some nationwide polling trackers showed Thursday morning:

The NBC News national polling average had Biden up more than 8 percentage points over Trump, 51%-42.7%. That figure, down nearly 1 point since last week, is based on an unweighted average of the 10 most recent reliable public opinion polls.
    The RealClearPolitics general election polling average showed Biden with a 7.5-point lead over Trump. Seven days ago, the Democrat held a 9.2-point edge.
    FiveThirtyEight’s national polling tracker gave Biden a 9.9-point advantage, 0.4 percentage points lower than where he stood a week earlier. But its models maintained that Biden has an 87% chance of winning the election.

Okay, 'moving towards' a 1-2% gap in that if these trends continued till Christmas that's where the gap would get to...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Igotadose wrote: »
    I pointed out to you fivethirtyeight didn't say 'soaring'. They said, "about as popular as any GOP President." So, if you can stay away from your media bubble and actually do some critical thinking, the hyperbole that tempts the scorn will stop.

I have predicted that Trump will get 20% of the black vote, which will have dire and long lasting consequences for the Democratic Party...I have stated repeatedly I am not basing that on any poll, it is my prediction, based on what I have read, seen and my own ability to analyze what I consume.

What Fivethirtyeight says means nothing to me!!!

I am also going to predict that there is a shy Trump vote in the Urban Black women demographic...many of whom have been traumatized by the destructive riots over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You must be involved with black communities in the US then to be able to say you've seen this with your own eyes? Please do tell us about your experiences?

PrisonMikeScott.jpg

What questions did they ask and how big was the survey?

And you can quit wit hthe ad homeinems - they add nothing to your credibility

I am merely extending the courtesy to you that you extend to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I have predicted that Trump will get 20% of the black vote, which will have dire and long lasting consequences for the Democratic Party...I have stated repeatedly I am not basing that on any poll, it is my prediction, based on what I have read, seen and my own ability to analyze what I consume.

What Fivethirtyeight says means nothing to me!!!

I am also going to predict that there is a shy Trump vote in the Urban Black women demographic...many of whom have been traumatized by the destructive riots over the summer.

Interesting and relevant article.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/10/23/whats-happening-out-there-with-black-men-trump/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,497 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I am merely extending the courtesy to you that you extend to me.

We both know that's never happened and askign for an some kind of evidence is pointless.

We're done here.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

It's behind a paywall...

But I did watch this one evening...

Calling Trump a white supremacist is an act of desperation.

It's behind a paywall...

It’s not. You can click through.

Yeah that video is heart warming.

It's behind a paywall...

And why doesn’t this make the news?

Bringing people together is exactly what the media don’t want.

And why doesn’t this make the news?

Bringing people together is exactly what the media don’t want.

I have yet to meet a single person who holds a negative opinion on Trump who is aware of what his policies have done for the black community....

First Step Act
    Special Investment Zones
    Funding for Black colleges
    Record employment levels

The media they consume only repeats the negative narrative over and over again all day every day.

They'll be shocked again in November like 2016 and wonder how Americans can be so stupid!!!

• Advertisement

We both know that's never happened and askign for an some kind of evidence is pointless.

We're done here.

Oh...your hard!! ;)

I have yet to meet a single person who holds a negative opinion on Trump who is aware of what his policies have done for the black community....

First Step Act
    Special Investment Zones
    Record employment levels

The media they consume only repeats the negative narrative over and over again all day every day.

They'll be shocked again in November like 2016 and wonder how Americans can be so stupid!!!

Some of that is Tim Scott’s policies actually.

And now we’ve met. You are most welcome.

Overheal wrote: »
    Some of that is Tim Scott’s policies actually.

And now we’ve met. You are most welcome.

Ah your back...you never told me what you think of Bidens crime bill!!!

I think it was introduced in the House of Representatives by persons not named Senator Joe Biden.

I don’t just think that though it’s a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Not his bill.
    Detailed article on it below

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/07/biden-on-the-1994-crime-bill/

It also received bipartisan support.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Oh...your hard!! ;)

*you're

gmisk wrote: »
    Not his bill.
    Detailed article on it below

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/07/biden-on-the-1994-crime-bill/

It also received bipartisan support.

So why did he claim it was...

Again...

"Biden, then the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, took ownership of the measure at the time.

"A guy named Biden wrote that bill and he wrote that bill by going down and sitting down with the president of the United States of America," he said during a 1993 floor debate."

Again...

"Biden, then the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, took ownership of the measure at the time.

"A guy named Biden wrote that bill and he wrote that bill by going down and sitting down with the president of the United States of America," he said during a 1993 floor debate."

Which measure in the bill?

Again...

Who is "he" in this quote? Is he referring to himself in the third person?

Show me the link to the quote, I.e where do you keep copying and pasting it from.

First Step Act
    Special Investment Zones
    Record employment levels

There's always a tweet

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/342190428675796992?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Oh...your hard!! ;)

Still waiting for the evidence that you've apparently seen with your own eyes for your claim that there has been a shift in support from the black community to the current administration...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

vojiwox wrote: »
    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN AGAIN
    Doesn't have the same ring to it lol.

Still waiting for the evidence that you've apparently seen with your own eyes for your claim that there has been a shift in support from the black community to the current administration...

You asked me a daft question...I didn't bother answering it, I am expressing an opinion as I am entitled to do, agree or disagree or ignore!

Overheal wrote: »

Isn't it such a pity he draws a bigger crowd than Biden....as pitiful as that crowd is!!!!

You asked me a daft question...I didn't bother answering it, I am expressing an opinion as I am entitled to do, agree or disagree or ignore!

Ignoring it make you like like you've something to hide though

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Asking for evidence to support your opinion is a daft question? It's no wonder Trump supporters aren't taken seriously.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Ignoring it make you like like you've something to hide though

I often ignore questions I feel are pathetic, and get ignored for the same reason I suspect.

• Advertisement

Asking for evidence to support your opinion is a daft question? It's no wonder Trump supporters aren't taken seriously.

What evidence do you think I have...I have access to the same content/websites as everyone else...

I am not canvassing the black electorate in person if that is what you think!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement