Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Asking for evidence to support your opinion is a daft question? It's no wonder Trump supporters aren't taken seriously.

Trump supporters are taken very seriously. Im pretty sure there are 63million of them in America who probably take each other seriously, give or take.

I know the other side doesnt take them seriously , thats why we won last time.

To lose to someone on such an important contest as President of The United States will never be lived down. To not take that 'team' of supporters that whopped you before seriously well thats probably not advisable.

If anyone beats me at anything I take them seriously next time we face off. Seems the smart thing todo, unless you like losing to them and want a repeat loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

What evidence do you think I have...I have access to the same content/websites as everyone else...

I am not canvassing the black electorate in person if that is what you think!!!!

You arrogantly told another poster to "step away from the media bubble" as if you had some first hand knowledge and experience of the issue and now you're saying you get your information from the same media as they do. And according to you, it's "pathetic" for another poster to ask you for evidence to back up your opinion. It's called a discussion forum for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

You arrogantly told another poster to "step away from the media bubble" as if you had some first hand knowledge and experience of the issue and now you're saying you get your information from the same media as they do. And according to you, it's "pathetic" for another poster to ask you for evidence to back up your opinion. It's called a discussion forum for a reason.

That poster has accused me of confirmation bias numerous times, which is fine by me, a media bubble is the same thing.

I have said, on this thread, repeatedly that my opinion is not based on any polling it is based my own belief, I may very well be wrong, which I have also stated a few times.

It is a discussion forum, and no one is expected to produce documented evidence on why they hold certain opinions, nor should they....if you state something as fact then different story.

Don't be accusing me of arrogance, just look at how condescending anyone who expresses a positive opinion on Trump is treated on this thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Evidence and fact don't mean much to Trump worshipers.

Their hero can do no wrong and must be shilled for at all costs, even if that means using baseless claims in a verbal flag waving exercise.

Tony EH wrote: »
    Evidence and fact don't mean much to Trump worshipers.

Their hero can do no wrong and much be shilled for at all costs, even if that means using baseless claims in a verbal flag waving exercise.

See what I mean?

• Advertisement

See what I mean?

We all see exactly what you mean...
    my opinion is not based on any polling it is based my own belief

In other words, based on fuck all, except the need to shill for someone you don't even know.

And you wonder why you're not taken seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It is a discussion forum, and no one is expected to produce documented evidence on why they hold certain opinions, nor should they....if you state something as fact then different story.

"But if you spent any bit of time away from your media bubble, you can see for yourself that there has been a shift in support from the black community to the current administration....I don't need a poll to tell me what I can see with my own eyes."

Sounds very like a statement of fact to me. Maybe you should choose your words more carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I often ignore questions I feel are pathetic, and get ignored for the same reason I suspect.

You refused/ignored a request to answer back up on a statement you made. It DEFINITELY made you look like you'd something to hide

Tony EH wrote: »
    We all see exactly what you mean...

In other words, based on fuck all, except the need to shill for someone you don't even know.

And you wonder why you're not taken seriously.

Basing an opinion purely on polls isn't exactly the smartest thing to do I have found in recent times.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Basing an opinion purely on polls isn't exactly the smartest thing to do I have found in recent times.

Take your own advice bud
    What do you make of the soaring approval levels amongst the black community for the current administration?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

newhouse87 wrote: »
    again you are not comprehending, im not adamant it happened in 16, im saying IF trump beats the polls again, obviously something is wrong with the polls, so 2 elections would indicate that shy trump voters are present. You cant prove it was undecideds and not shy voters in 16 either.

"Beats the polls again" is you saying you're adamant that there was a silent vote in 16, you just simply can't comprehend the argument you are putting forward because there is no bases for it..

Opinions are based on facts, your opinion is based on a belief that it happened in 16..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

So you are basing your opinion on what?
    The polls you like? What else?

Quit while you're behind lad. The more you post, the more foolish you sound.

Overheal wrote: »
    Take your own advice bud

I have expressed the same opinion on this thread for months without the assistance of a single poll.

I have explained that opinion repeatedly.

I don't need a poll to tell me what I can discern for myself.

I have expressed the same opinion on this thread for months without the assistance of a single poll.

Discern for yourself by....analysing or looking at what?
    What is the logic?

You still haven't provided a source for the below.
    Despite posting it multiple times.

Biden, then the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, took ownership of the measure at the time.

"A guy named Biden wrote that bill and he wrote that bill by going down and sitting down with the president of the United States of America," he said during a 1993 floor debate."

Once again....who is "he" in this quote? Is he referring to himself in the third person?

gmisk wrote: »

I have already stated why I believe Trump will secure 20% of the black vote this time....just a few pages ago was the last time....I have said repeatedly my opinion is not based on any poll.

There are factors that aren't being spoken about, I think the defund the police policy is political suicide, I think the surge in gun ownership is an indicator of a population that is in genuine fear, I believe that the Democratic Party are on the wrong side of the law and order issue...this is why I think there is a shy Trump vote in the Suburban White female vote and the Urban Black female vote, these are people who would not express support publicly.

I think Biden is not a candidate that will inspire people to get out and vote, they already aren't inspired to show up or display any support for him...

Again, obviously, it is just an opinion, feel free to disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

He's like Dev, just has to look into his heart....

Discern for yourself by....analysing or looking at what?
    What is the logic?

You still haven't provided a source for the below.
    Despite posting it multiple times.

Biden, then the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, took ownership of the measure at the time.

"A guy named Biden wrote that bill and he wrote that bill by going down and sitting down with the president of the United States of America," he said during a 1993 floor debate."

Once again....who is "he" in this quote? Is he referring to himself in the third person?

I provided a source for that a few pages ago...and ya, he is referring to himself.

nah your not allowed to do that.
    Its written in the fine print on the contract for 2020.

You are only allowed to think and repeat what CNN, the Irish Times, BBC, New York Times , Great Thunberg, AOC ...approve of.

Any other thought process or viewpoint needs certification from 3 Nobel Laureates, Fintan O'Toole and 20 years of research.

Dont worry in less than 2 weeks, when TRump has won, the left will allow you to believe what you discern. Unfortunately for having the audacity for being right and not koining their pity-party , you will then be labeled a waycist for time immemorial.

He's like Dev, just has to look into his heart....

Thanks...what a nice thing to say about me!!!

Well, I trusted my media and polls (that were published in the media I consumed) in 2016 and I was wrong...so, this time round I just tried to figure it out on my own...like I said, I could be wrong.

• Advertisement

RIGOLO wrote: »
    nah your not allowed to do that.
    Its written in the fine print on the contract for 2020.

You are only allowed to think and repeat what CNN, the Irish Times, BBC, New York Times , Great Thunberg, AOC ...approve of.

Any other thought process or viewpoint needs certification from 3 Nobel Laureates, Fintan O'Toole and 20 years of research.

Dont worry in less than 2 weeks, when TRump has won, the left will allow you to believe what you discern. Unfortunately for having the audacity for being right and not koining their pity-party , you will then be labeled a waycist for time immemorial.

They really don't like it when you don't think like them do they?

I have already stated why I believe Trump will secure 20% of the black vote this time....just a few pages ago was the last time....I have said repeatedly my opinion is not based on any poll.

There are factors that aren't being spoken about, I think the defund the police policy is political suicide, I think the surge in gun ownership is an indicator of a population that is in genuine fear, I believe that the Democratic Party are on the wrong side of the law and order issue...this is why I think there is a shy Trump vote in the Suburban White female vote and the Urban Black female vote, these are people who would not express support publicly.

I think Biden is not a candidate that will inspire people to get out and vote, they already aren't inspired to show up or display any support for him...

Again, obviously, it is just an opinion, feel free to disagree.
    I disagree entirely.
    I think your opinion is based on very little of substance, you seem to be admitting that.

The defund the police policy? Biden has said multiple times he won't be defunding the police.

I think Biden can partially inspire people to get out and vote, he is likeable and has a warmth and decency imo I think peoples dislike of Trump has also ensured a huge amount of people will vote. There are already over 45 million who have voted which is a massive figure. Lots of indications of a massive increase in young people voting, I would argue they would be majority Biden voters.

I disagree entirely.
    I think your opinion is based on very little of substance, you seem to be admitting that.

The defund the police policy? Biden has said multiple times he won't be defunding the police.

I think Biden can partially inspire people to get out and vote, he is likeable and has a warmth and decency imo I think peoples dislike of Trump has also ensured a huge amount of people will vote. There are already over 45 million who have voted which is a massive figure. Lots of indications of a massive increase in young people voting, I would argue they would be majority Biden voters.

Fair enough.

We'll find out fairly soon.

This is the most bizarre election I have ever witnessed, either "side" can make a decent argument on why they believe themselves to be right.

Have NEWSWEEK printed their BIDEN victory edition yet.

Who can forget that classic , you know where they have 125,000 copies of Newsweek printed with MADAME PRESIDENT printed ready for her victory ..
    and we all know what happend next ...

that was so funny I went out and got the actual Newsweek edition for Trumps victory as a symbol of the edition that Newsweek didnt want to print
    Oddly, however, this one not only got published but also got distributed. About 125,000 copies had to be recalled, reported the New York Post.

The copy above, tweeted by David Vick (many thanks), carries the cover line: “Madam President: Hillary Clinton’s historic journey to the White House.”
    https://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2016/nov/10/if-only-donald-trump-had-come-second-eh-hillary

RE early voting I just checked and it's actually over 51 million, crazy numbers at this stage. So impressive especially with those huge queues people standing in line for hours!

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Have NEWSWEEK printed their BIDEN victory edition yet.

Who can forget that classic , you know where they have 125,000 copies of Newsweek printed with MADAME PRESIDENT printed ready for her victory ..
    and we all know what happend next ...

that was so funny I went out and got the actual Newsweek edition for Trumps victory as a symbol of the edition that Newsweek didnt want to print

https://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2016/nov/10/if-only-donald-trump-had-come-second-eh-hillary

There's something pretty amusing that you've setup a similar scenario for yourself where you have the potential to be entirely laughed out of it post election.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I detect a lull in enthusiasm for Biden. Looking back on the last debate one thing I take from it regardless of who 'won', is that he does't look like he really wants it.

I don't think Americans really want him as president because he's just so nondescript. Therefore I'm calling it for Trump for the last time before the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

If there is a smoking gun it better appear soon because Trump is about to get embarrassed at the polls

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Might increase Trumps chances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

how would he manage the most powerful job on the planet??

Better than Trump did

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement