Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

NSAman wrote: »
    You do realise that these “riots” in many cases are organised criminality?

Take Chicago.. buses collect these “protestors” bring them to “protests” in areas that have nice shopping malls/areas... then the “protest/riot” begins.

Mayor has told police not to touch the “rioters” all the while she has 150 officers assigned to protect her home.

Ordinary people In Upscale neighbourhoods are targeted, the Gold Coast, Lincoln Park are being targeted by these “protestors” with no police protection.

This is causing more discontent amongst people.

White flight is accelerating.

These “protestors” are not republican.. hence you see the division of society and the upset with leaders.

All sounds very conspiracy theory-ish. A recent study found that 93% of all protests held after George Floyd murder were peaceful. No doubt there are agitators but they are small in number.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/national/article245491375.html

Also vast majority of the country hasn't been affected by riots, issues like economy and COVID-19 are more important to them.

In terms of Trump winning, at this point he is running well behind any incumbent in the polls and the gap is not really closing and he has never had an approval rating above 50% (practically unheard of). His campaign has tried various messaging over the last few weeks to close the gap in the polls (the "Law and Order" message during the convention was the latest attempt) but nothing is closing it by a significant margin. Having said that, there's a good chance he will win but it won't be a fair win, it'll be due to voter suppression and other tools the GOP use.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Explain to me how he was personally responsible for instigating these riots...please.

this is disturbing, its obvious! hes a vile human being!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    this is disturbing, its obvious! hes a vile human being!

If it's really that obvious then you should easily be able to explain it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Explain to me how he was personally responsible for instigating these riots...please.

Hes been out with various police departments n his spare time shooting black people.

He also has been providing bricks, bottles and other scallywag rioting supplies to anarchists

In today's world criticism of rioters is actually promoting rioters

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I bet the response just throws round the bingo card of calling him various ‘ist’s

• Advertisement

wow, i can see why his supporters are the way they are, hes more than likely a cluster b, npd (Narcissistic personality disorder), check it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

wow, i can see why his supporters are the way they are, hes more than likely a cluster b, npd (Narcissistic personality disorder), check it out!

You can deflect and complain about his supporters all you want but you still haven't answered the question.

Explain to me how he was personally responsible for instigating these riots...please?

You can deflect and complain about his supporters all you want but you still haven't answered the question.

Explain to me how he was personally responsible for instigating these riots...please?

by having these types of behaviors:

Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g. exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements).

Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.

Believes that he/she/they is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).

Requires excessive admiration.

Has a sense of entitlement (i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations).

Is interpersonally exploitative (i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends).

Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.

Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him/her/them.
    Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes..............

by having these types of behaviors:

Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g. exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements).

Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.

Believes that he/she/they is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).

Requires excessive admiration.

Has a sense of entitlement (i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations).

Is interpersonally exploitative (i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends).

Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.

Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him/her/them.
    Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes..............

That is your opinion of Trumps personality with a description that I would wager is copy pasted from some internet page. It gives zero reasoning or link as to how Trump is responsible for the rioting and violence playing out in some American cities

That is your opinion of Trumps personality with a description that I would wager is copy pasted from some internet page. It gives zero reasoning or link as to how Trump is responsible for the rioting and violence playing out in some American cities

not just my opinion! some believe he could be another, potentially more dangerous cluster b, aspd(anti-social personality disorder), or what we d commonly call a sociopath or psychopath, but im not convinced, yet! but many believe hes an npd. the cluster b's are extremely complex people, particularly npd's and aspd's, they tend to try create chaos, in order to gain personally, this effectively explains the rioting

• Advertisement

He is not responsible for the riots but he is responsible for the environment in which they happened. His words and actions have generally empowered law enforcement, his policies have made life harder for minorities, his refusal to condemn the actions of people like Kyle Rittenhouse while simultaneously condemning peaceful protestors have all helped stoke this atmosphere. The murder of George Floyd should be a time for a president to lead in a non-partisan way, Trump is incapable of this.

He is not responsible for the riots but he is responsible for the environment in which they happened. His words and actions have generally empowered law enforcement, his policies have made life harder for minorities, his refusal to condemn the actions of people like Kyle Rittenhouse while simultaneously condemning peaceful protestors have all helped stoke this atmosphere. The murder of George Floyd should be a time for a president to lead in a non-partisan way, Trump is incapable of this.

I disagree with that line of reasoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

quelle surprise

And had trump said anything positive about floyd, the democrats would have been all "the president is glorifying a criminal!..".

Whatever about him, the one thing his presidency has shown is how dishonest the democrats are and that they've no claim to any moral high ground..

And had trump said anything positive about floyd, the democrats would have been all "the president is glorifying a criminal!..".

Whatever about him, the one thing his presidency has shown is how dishonest the democrats are and that they've no claim to any moral high ground..

How many Republicans (Trumps people) convicted in the last few years?

Trump not allowed run a charity after fraud investigation.

Yeah, he certainly gets to hold the moral high ground:D

Well I mean the president glorifies criminals all the time (see: Kyle Rittenhouse). He didn't even have to say anything positive about Floyd or turn him into martyr. All he had to do was accept that Floyd's life should not have ended that way and try to understand the protestors concerns. It's really not hard.

Going to provide a reasoning for your disagreement?

Going to provide a reasoning for your disagreement?

I didn't claim Trump was responsible for the rioting. I don't need to give any reasoning.
    I made no claims

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

How many Republicans (Trumps people) convicted in the last few years?

Trump not allowed run a charity after fraud investigation.

Yeah, he certainly gets to hold the moral high ground:D

you seem to think Trump is all evil and the sun shines out of the demovrats.

I despise trump but dont kid yourself about the democrats either.

You are speaking about a nation that bombs brown nations, invaded countries on proven lies, and tell me when they found out they invaded another on country on lies, what did the democrats do when they were in power ?
    did they cease drone strikes ?
    did they bring the troops home ?
    Course not, they are just as guilty.

But I am sure you will take any criticism of the democrats and do your usual "but trump did this" deflection tactic as if somehow this negates the criticism or truth about the democrats, you seem obsessed with.

Whjy an Irish person would be so obsessed about biden is another matter.

I am not questioning your right to hate Trump, like or hate who you want, but because you hate trump does not mean the rival party are not as guilty for their crimes and faults.

Personally I think they are all liars, and war mongers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Haha Irish democrats think the average american person cares about the most mundane stuff. Soundbites win elections these days.

Build that wall

Let the police do their job

Sleepy Joe

This is election winning in the modern world.

Students thinking they know more about the world than a man in his 60s just because he is in his 60s are the type of people who lose elections. How many elections has the guy in his 60s seen.

Now young people sitting at home probably in their mammies house with 23 hours a day of leisure time cant seem to grasp that the average american works all day, is angry at something or other and nothing seems more boring to them than watching all of joe bidens speeches to be educated about who to vote for or whos speech writer to vote for.

They turn on the news, that shouty man with the funny hair that was on the tv show is annoyed at the same thing they are annoyed about. He doesnt care about people slagging his funny hair. He doesnt care about tv reporters slagging his little hands or all the stuff they make up about him, some of it real some of it fake none of it affects the people watching the tv. All they care about is what makes them angry.

Liberals wanting to change things.

They need enough money to feed their families three meals a day in a warm dry house the immigrants will happily take enough money to put them in a bunkbed in a damp house with enough left over to send home a few dollars.
    When they raise the erosion of living conditions they are called racist. Theres a man on the TV who doesnt care what they call him

Build that wall

They see people wearing masks smashing up and looting businesses on tv they feel scared and threatened, scared enough to go out at the age of 17 with a gun to protect themselves from this madness on the news each night, hysteria in households, young people looking at their old parents worried. Theres two people on the radio having a popularity contest, only one of them has anything bad to say about this chaos, the other guy refuses to condemn it.

These people are told they arnt allowed support the guy who thinks like them, its racist, they are worse than rapists probably transphobic.

They have or have somebody close to them who has been to war, publicly they wont say it but they know the human cost of war. They dont want their kids used as canon fodder. They wont say it but they dont care about bringing freedom to the people of the middle east, they know its a crock of baloney, they want a president who doesnt start wars. He had one regime look like it may try and bite off more than they can chew and he blew up their main man before they could even make their decision.

Imagine Achiles had of got blown up as soon as he stepped on the boat, heading off to war. Thats what would have happened if Trump was around back then. How many lives did he save not sending the american nations poor boys to Iran.

I know if I was coming in from a long day in the office kids needing to be fed, uniform needing to go in the wash, radio on in the backround. Bus driving by smashed up businesses on the way home. World spinning around,

Let the police do their job.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

if Biden can hold his own at the 1st debate on the 29th Biden will win. I don't think that's likely.

I do fear for some peoples metal health if Trump wins. My boss is a complete anti Trumper.
    Yesterday I took the first week of November off just in case Trump does win, and I'm not the only one to do that.

It's gonna be a cluster fuk.

Democrats would like to see the voting age lowered to 16.
    Why?

Because younger people tend to be more "left wing " and as they get older and get some life experience many become more conservative.

Democrats would allow illegals to vote if they got their way.
    Why?
    Because illegals would vote left wing as they would have less chance of ICE rounding them up and sending them home.
    Some Democrats want to see decriminalisation of illegal border crossing. It's part of Joe Bidens election promises.

Law and order vs free for all mayhem and misery

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

is donald trump running for president of Ireland?

no thread on who's the next minister for agriculture or trade commissioner for eu

Democrats would like to see the voting age lowered to 16.
    Why?

Because younger people tend to be more "left wing " and as they get older and get some life experience many become more conservative.

Democrats would allow illegals to vote if they got their way.
    Why?
    Because illegals would vote left wing as they would have less chance of ICE rounding them up and sending them home.
    Some Democrats want to see decriminalisation of illegal border crossing. It's part of Joe Bidens election promises.

Law and order vs free for all mayhem and misery

theres very little left politics in american politics, particularly economically

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭greenfield21

statesaver wrote: »
    if Biden can hold his own at the 1st debate on the 29th it's Bidens to win.

I do fear for some peoples metal health if Trump wins. My boss is a complete anti Trumper.
    Yesterday I took the first week of November off just in case Trump does win, and I'm not the only one to do that.

It's gonna be a cluster fuk.

There is just no talking to the anti trumpers, we've seen it with Brexit and will see it again in November. These people don't believe in democracy. tunnel vision no other view point is considered. I can't wait for the meltdown on the trump threads on here. The mods will probably shut it down for good.

theres very little left politics in american politics, particularly economically

There is a cohort within the democratic party who are very left wing.
    They want the voting age lowered

Decriminalisation of illegal border crossing is in Joe Bidens list of "promises "

As is giving 10s of billions to minorities. Nothing motivates someone like a handout
    Sounds like reparations through the back door

Anything to buy those votes

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

"straw man melting from the inside"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

There is just no talking to the anti trumpers, we've seen it with Brexit and will see it again in November. These people don't believe in democracy. tunnel vision no other view point is considered. I can't wait for the meltdown on the trump threads on here. The mods will probably shut it down for good.
    if trump wins., and you laugh or try to claim you saw it coming you will be accused of trolling.

I can see it now :D

you seem to think Trump is all evil and the sun shines out of the demovrats.

Nope

I despise trump but dont kid yourself about the democrats either.

I don't

You are speaking about a nation that bombs brown nations, invaded countries on proven lies, and tell me when they found out they invaded another on country on lies, what did the democrats do when they were in power ?
    did they cease drone strikes ?
    did they bring the troops home ?
    Course not, they are just as guilty.

Neither did the Republicans, Also, it wss the Reps that started those wars.
    But I am sure you will take any criticism of the democrats and do your usual "but trump did this" deflection tactic as if somehow this negates the criticism or truth about the democrats, you seem obsessed with.

Nope, I will criticise both sides when the need to arises.

Whjy an Irish person would be so obsessed about biden is another matter.

I'm not Irish

I am not questioning your right to hate Trump, like or hate who you want, but because you hate trump does not mean the rival party are not as guilty for their crimes and faults.

Personally I think they are all liars, and war mongers

I don't hate anyone.

• Advertisement

1990sman wrote: »
    is donald trump running for president of Ireland?

no thread on who's the next minister for agriculture or trade commissioner for eu

Start one so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement