Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Igotadose wrote: »
    Sigh. This again.

Feel free to look through this thread on the polling and betting. The polls weren't innacurate in 2016. The shy voters are accounted for. The money moving appears to be sucker bets (big odds on a longshot)

Hope that helps, oh new poster to this forum.

Ok sorry I didn't read back through the whole thread. It's a simple question no need to be so short with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭newhouse87

gmisk wrote: »
    Oh yeah I don't disagree.
    I just think a lot of the polling companies have changed their practices to account for that possibility.
    I also think (and hope!) Biden will just about win, but we will see!

yeah you would imagine they have changed practice alright. At least with biden there will be less divisiveness and less american news over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

newhouse87 wrote: »
    yeah you would imagine they have changed practice alright. At least with biden there will be less divisiveness and less american news over here.

One thing I found amazing at the 1st debate was Biden saying 'we'd mandate mask wearing in Federal facilities.'

I thought, "You mean, there isn't one in place already?!" Well, best as I can determine, there isn't.

I mean, really. I can rock up to the Capitol spraying virus throughout the facility (which, tbf, might be closed to tourists now. So, choose a federal courthouse where I might have to be on a Jury.) And yeah, I'm not required to use a mask. Nor are the employees. No mandate from the #IMPOTUS administration.

Awesome. The winning gets tiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Igotadose wrote: »
    Sigh. This again.

Feel free to look through this thread on the polling and betting. The polls weren't innacurate in 2016. The shy voters are accounted for. The money moving appears to be sucker bets (big odds on a longshot)

Hope that helps, oh new poster to this forum.

Didn't every poll have Hillary as winner bar one ?
    7/4 is not a longshot

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

7/4 is not a longshot
    I have no idea, but I think a lot of them were somewhat within the margin of error? As mentioned already pollsters have changed their practices to account for the so called shy trump voter.

It is a long shot.... in a two horse race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

7/4 is not a longshot

It is when your opponent in a 2 horse race is 4/9

• Registered Users Posts: 33,496 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

A lot of betting money moving towards Trump in the last 48 hrs. I don't get it. Are the polls as inaccurate as 2016 again? I thought the pollsters had built in for the shy Trump vote also?

THe margin is higher than it was four years agao and polls have claimed to be more accurate (whether or not they are is open to debate).

People betting on Trump is a different thing though. Betting logic can be anything. The polls are not calculated on where people are better, it's where they plan to vote.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

That poster has accused me of confirmation bias numerous times, which is fine by me, a media bubble is the same thing.

I have said, on this thread, repeatedly that my opinion is not based on any polling it is based my own belief, I may very well be wrong, which I have also stated a few times.

Em... that's EXACLTLY what confirmation bias is!! You form a belief based on opinon and not on logic research and informed thinking. You then go looking for the "research" that backs up you belief afterwards.

Thank you for finally admitting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

More white liberals telling black people how to think.

https://twitter.com/NickAdamsinUSA/status/1320107197834158085

No - one white liberal. And I'm not even sure I'd agree with you that she's liberal (would depend on whether you mena liberal as in political or social).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The democrats are really pissed that trump is an ‘opportunity for all’ president focussed on black unemployment rather than a ‘stay quiet and have your welfare’ like the democrats

Who is she? How many people will she reach? Do you think that this one woman will change the minds of millions?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Who is she? How many people will she reach? Do you think that this one woman will change the minds of millions?

Google tells me she's 50 Cents ex girlfriend and she's mad at him because he urged people to vote Trump because of Biden's tax plans. Biden's tax plans will affect people who earn over 400k per year, like 50 Cent, but not the people he's urging to vote Trump. Great to see her calling him out on that.

Its really not. What have the democrats actually done to increase black employment in the US, what policies are not based in handing out free welfare or pulling black people up the ladder over others ?

Donald trump encouraged equality of opportunity, democrats encourage equality of outcome

These are differetn statements to the ones you made realier: you commented on Trump with regard to employment, not the Democrats. And the democrts on welfare is just an extension of your everything-left-of-centre-is-welfare-handouts agenda.

Nor is there anything to back up your point: another user who doesn't think they need to post evidence because there IS No evidence. And without evidence or research we can have no debate. No one's going to take your word for it.

So yeah - aimed at winding up, not encouraging debate.

Google tells me she's 50 Cents ex girlfriend and she's mad at him because he urged people to vote Trump because of Biden's tax plans. Biden's tax plans will affect people who earn over 400k per year, like 50 Cent, but not the people he's urging to vote Trump. Great to see her calling him out on that.

Yeah i had to Google her

Here's what she said
    'Hey f**ker! I will pay your taxes in exchange for you coming to your senses. Happily! Black lives matter. That’s you, f**ker! Remember?' 

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

7/4 is not a longshot

I was listening to an interesting podcast on this very topic the other day. Back in 2016 the pollsters had Hillary at 45% in a swing state and Trump at something like 41% and undecided at 14%. Hillary still got the 45% but Trump won on something like 53% due to the undecideds.

Generally speaking you can argue that polls are right for the time that they are taken but circumstances change.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Em... that's EXACLTLY what confirmation bias is!! You form a belief based on opinon and not on logic research and informed thinking. You then go looking for the "research" that backs up you belief afterwards.

Thank you for finally admitting it.

So all opinions are just confirmation bias then? Including yours....

I had no idea Trump was so popular in the Black community not too long ago, I do now....you still have your head in the sand so you are not in any position to be navel gazing at anyone...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

The democrats are really pissed that trump is an ‘opportunity for all’ president focussed on black unemployment rather than a ‘stay quiet and have your welfare’ like the democrats

The Liberals really hate Black people who don't think the way they want them to...they call them grifters!!!!

The famous you ain't black f##k up!

Come on man!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The Liberals really hate Black people who don't think the way they want them to...they call them grifters!!!!

The famous you ain't black f##k up!
    Come on man!!!

You're correct, no one should vote for a racist like Trump, regardless of ethnicity.

I do like your "I never realised he was so popular" which actually = as popular as previous GOP candidates, which is not very popular at all, and implies that the support is for the party not the person (as the person is pretty nasty to any ethnicities other than his own).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,698 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Its really not. What have the democrats actually done to increase black employment in the US, what policies are not based in handing out free welfare or pulling black people up the ladder over others ?

Donald trump encouraged equality of opportunity, democrats encourage equality of outcome

Here is unemployment graphed by various demographics.

Note the trend in unemployment which Obama started and which continued under Trump.

1105.jpeg

Can you tell us what exactly Trump did to create such great opportunities for black people or was it, in reality, more a case of staying the fcuk away from it and allowing Obama's work to continue?

• Advertisement

Here is unemployment graphed by various demographics.

Note the trend in unemployment which Obama started and which continued under Trump.

1105.jpeg

Can you tell us what exactly Trump did to create such great opportunities for black people or was it, in reality, more a case of staying the fcuk away from it and allowing Obama's work to continue?

No president is responsible for anything going by your logic so. Its the preceding president who done all the work negative or positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

She has 8 million twitter followers so she's not a nobody.

No president is responsible for anything going by your logic so. Its the preceding president who done all the work negative or positive.

Check out the transition from Bush to Obama and come back to me on that.

Check out the transition from Bush to Obama and come back to me on that.

Its your logic not mine, simple fact is african americans had lowest ever unemployment under trump, thats not up for debate.

Its your logic not mine, simple fact is african americans had lowest ever unemployment under trump, thats not up for debate.

Thanks to the polices of Obama, that's not up for debate.

Thanks to the polices of Obama, that's not up for debate.

Yes it is, obama policies are not a fact just your opinion for the reason of such low unemployment , lowest unemployment numbers for african americans under trump are a fact.

Yes it is, obama policies are not a fact just your opinion for the reason of such low unemployment , lowest unemployment numbers for african americans under trump are a fact.

You should get someone to explain to you how graphs work and the significance of the direction of the lines on them. It's clear you didn't/can't understand the above.

You should get someone to explain to you how graphs work and the significance of the direction of the lines on them. It's clear you didn't/can't understand the above.

Its clear you think your opinion is fact, when it clearly isnt. Im speaking on facts unlike you who is speaking on beliefs.

If your facts are correct, then the employment drop from 08 happened without influence of Obama and if so then Trump has no claim for bringing it to historically low levels.

Which is it? Trump has no responsibility for the low figures, or the low figures are in thanks to the policies of Obama?

• Advertisement

If your facts are correct, then the employment drop from 08 happened without influence of Obama and if so then Trump has no claim for bringing it to historically low levels.

Which is it? Trump has no responsibility for the low figures, or the low figures are in thanks to the policies of Obama?

My facts are correct, never claimed trump was responsible just stated a fact. Cant just credit obama with anything positive that happened under trump's presidency its disingenuous. BTW i think trump is a moron but i dont view things through tinted glasses on either side.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement