Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

God sent Trump to save Israel? Pompeo's God must be off his face on coke.

and not the **** stuff you buy in dublin. Or so eamonn dunphy told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,737 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

mcsean2163 wrote: »
    What about Pompeo:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/pompeo-agrees-hunter-bidens-laptop-not-part-of-russian-operation

Is pompeo a loon too?

Looks like Biden will get in but Kamala and Biden are absolutely dreadful. A pair of crooks selected from a pretty good field; Gabbard, Yang, Bernie or Klobuchar all would have been good candidates.

Read the article you linked, Pompeo doesn't think it came from Russia, but doesn't call out if any of it's real, this is like Trump's tax returns, as long as he doesn't release them he can deny he's sh*t at business, even though the world and his dog knows this is the reason he hasn't released them. If there was anything in the emails, they would have been released or leaked already, as their providence can be easily figured out by anyone with half a brain.

Those with less than half a brain keep on falling for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

God sent Trump to save Israel? Pompeo's God must be off his face on coke.
    Apparently so

Disappointing that he never bothered sending someone to prevent the Holocaust

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Pompeo is dangerous, and smart. He's playing the long game. Wait for him to run for President as the end of Biden's term

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

There's a lot of people as well who are keen to point out they're not fans of Trump, but...............

Part of the re-write so if he loses it'll become, 'I never liked him' or 'I never said he was good'.

Of course, many will just transition to new accounts and so their previous views will be lost in to the ether.

Hmmmm....I wonder what newhouse87 will call himself when he re-reg's...again. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Biden now ahead in Texas on two new polls

https://twitter.com/evanasmith/status/1320339896087777280

The fact Texas is in play demonstrates the disaster about to befall the republican party. If remotely accurate the republicans are headed for a punishment beating of epic proportions.

If Biden were to flip just Texas it undoes every other gain Trump made in 2016 and would win Biden the election on it's own.

I still think republicans will hold on there in the end but it shows how dire their situation is.

^
    Honestly, I wouldn't be trying to call the result no matter what side I was on.

Tony EH wrote: »
    ^
    Honestly, I wouldn't be trying to call the result no matter what side I was on.

I don't agree. When republicans are in a battle over Texas, it's over nationally.

It might as well be a battle over Alabama ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

My opinion is Obama policies kick started a recovery which led to, amongst other things, a 10 year year on year decrease on the US unemployment numbers.

What's yours?

Is it a trade secret is it beneath you to go into some specifics or reasoning?

My broad opinion would be that since 2008 the federal reserve has been printing money and is more readily free to do so in part because the US is the reserve currency, i.e everyone else deals with consequences - the global root of monetary policy. So I wouldn't give Trump credit for the economy jumping up after covid (except for leading places to open up sooner) and I wouldn't necessarily give Obama credit for signing a stimulus that the fed basically threatened him to sign. So when I saw graphs being presented of a downward trend from the time of the global financial crisis I was curious what exactly you were crediting him with. But I may misunderstand some economic stuff so I am hesitant going too deep into it.

Now some of that could be dumb, hence my wanting to hear more of your theory.

I don't agree. When republicans are in a battle over Texas, it's over nationally.

It might as well be a battle over Alabama ffs.

Wasn't this the case in either the last election or the one before that? I'm almost certain this rings a bell from a recent one. There's been a lot of change there in recent years from what I gather.

• Advertisement

Wasn't this the case in either the last election or the one before that? I'm almost certain this rings a bell from a recent one. There's been a lot of change there in recent years from what I gather.

trump won texas by 9 points in 2016.

trump won texas by 9 points in 2016.

Well then this will be a Joe Biden landslide on election day if these polls are anywhere near correct. If the poll is reliable he will have swung Texas by such a huge margin it can't possibly be close.

Important to note Clinton's result was under estimated in Texas by 3% in the advance polls in 2016 as well.

I wonder to what extent Trump's behaviour toward veterans and things he has said about them is playing a part here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Biden is 12 points up in New Hampshire. That "race" is long over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

I'm watching Trump parades all over the US today....numerous different parades in California and New York, I've never seen anything like it for an incumbent candidate.

These all have nothing to do with the Trump Campaign.

Biden did pull a crowd in PA yesterday however....unfortunately it was mostly Trump supporters.

It really is hard to believe that this guy hasn't a hope according to the polls.

And before you ask...no I don't have anything better to do on a Bank Holiday weekend, more's the pity!!!

I'm watching Trump parades all over the US today....numerous different parades in California and New York, I've never seen anything like it for an incumbent candidate.

These all have nothing to do with the Trump Campaign.

Biden did pull a crowd in PA yesterday however....unfortunately it was mostly Trump supporters.

It really is hard to believe that this guy hasn't a hope according to the polls.

And before you ask...no I don't have anything better to do on a Bank Holiday weekend, more's the pity!!!

You've never seen anything like it? many people are saying that.

You've never seen anything like it? many people are saying that.

Have you ever witnessed such massive public support for an incumbent candidate in an election before?

Apparently all the polls are as such that even if they swung how they did in 2016 Biden would still win..

they're boll*x..

Have you ever witnessed such massive public support for an incumbent candidate in an election before?

yeah, totally unprecedented

150507191853-obama-in-every-state-iowa-super-169.jpeg

Obama_rally1-1.jpg

h_50571545.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

You do know the reason he's doing all these rallies is because the campaign is broke and have no money for ads?

I don't know. Is it a general thing among Trump worshippers that they have very tiny memories?

150507191853-obama-in-every-state-iowa-super-169.jpeg

Obama_rally1-1.jpg

h_50571545.jpg

Were there huge Obama boat/car/walking parades held all over the country including Red States for months on end in the run up to 2012?

You do know the reason he's doing all these rallies is because the campaign is broke and have no money for ads?

Well judging by the massive public support all over the nation....it ain't doing him any harm!!!

Were there huge Obama boat/car/walking parades held all over the country including Red States for months on end in the run up to 2012?

parades? jesus, how desperate are trump supporters. Of course a lot of their parades are really just excuses to intimidate people with firearms.

parades? jesus, how desperate are trump supporters. Of course a lot of their parades are really just excuses to intimidate people with firearms.

So that is a no then.

Well judging by the massive public support all over the nation....it ain't doing him any harm!!!

Do you really think anyone apart his supporters are attending these? They're already going to vote for him. The only reason he's going to places like California where he has no chance of winning instead of battleground states is to refill the campaign coffers.

Biden now has an 87% chance of victory according to Fivethirtyeight assessment of polling averages.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/

Do you really think anyone apart his supporters are attending these? They're already going to vote for him. The only reason he's going to places like California where he has no chance of winning instead of battleground states is to refill the campaign coffers.

Look, I'm not going to get into this again, we have no idea who is turning up to his rallies and clearly it is only his supporters that are taking to the streets/lakes/motorways to show their support for the President.

I have never seen anything like it before, and of course, there is no mention of this support in media I'll bet.

• Advertisement

I have never seen anything like it before, and of course, there is no mention of this support in media I'll bet.

Why would there be? A bunch of idiots crowding together in the middle of pandemic that continues to worsen is nothing to celebrate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement