Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Who thinks Trump will win?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

What does a Conservative music festival lineup look like? I love an ol music festival.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Faugheen wrote: »
    I actually do have an issue with Barrett, in that she sees climate change as a politically sensitive issue.

It’s not a politically sensitive issue and the fact she sees it that way means she’s absolutely not qualified.

Wait, why isn't it politically sensitive? Last I heard, politicians and voters of all sorts wanted to put forward or oppose legislation and treaties on the matter. It strikes me as actually being one of the most significant political issues of the decade, especially given the long-term effects on the planet as a whole, with fairly strong feelings on both sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

vojiwox wrote: »
    What does a Conservative music festival lineup look like? I love an ol music festival.

the only two musicians I recognise are Kid Rock and ted Nugent. Neither of which I would cross the street to see.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Donald_Trump_2020_presidential_campaign_endorsements#Celebrities,_producers,_and_musicians

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

the only two musicians I recognise are Kid Rock and ted Nugent. Neither of which I would cross the street to see.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Donald_Trump_2020_presidential_campaign_endorsements#Celebrities,_producers,_and_musicians

You don't recognize Johnny Rotten? I must be getting old.
    Co-founder/lead of KISS in on that list, and I'm well familiar with Trace Adkins.

That said, celebrity endorsements are stupid anyway, I may like their music, doesn't mean I like their policies. Or even care about their policies. I can form my own.

Co-founder/lead of KISS in on that list, and I'm well familiar with Trace Adkins.

That said, celebrity endorsements are stupid anyway, I may like their music, doesn't mean I like their policies. Or even care about their policies. I can form my own.

I never noticed rotten. The 1977 rotten would be embarrassed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,904 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Johnny Rotten doesn’t ring a bell sorry my venerable friend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭newhouse87

https://www.indy100.com/article/chris-pratt-politics-debate-twitter-matthew-yglesias-9723508

why would they bother say they are conservative when you see the reaction chris pratt got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Mike Love (Beach Boys) is a friend and played at one of his events a couple of weeks ago as 'The Beach Boys' given that he owns the rights to use the name even if the other band members are anti-Trump

For some reason the most surprising name on that list for me was Samaire Armstrong. Not really sure why

Overheal wrote: »
    Johnny Rotten doesn’t ring a bell sorry my venerable friend

He's pretty much well past his sell by date at this stage..

8-10 wrote: »
    Mike Love (Beach Boys) is a friend and played at one of his events a couple of weeks ago as 'The Beach Boys' given that he owns the rights to use the name even if the other band members are anti-Trump

For some reason the most surprising name on that list for me was Samaire Armstrong. Not really sure why

the band that played may be billed as the beach boys but they're not. they're a pub band playing beach boys songs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'm well familiar with Trace Adkins.

I'm only familiar with Trace Adkins from his time on The Celebrity Apprentice with Trump. He lost out to Piers Morgan in the final but was a very likeable character throughout and has an amazing voice.

Always remember him, as an established touring musician, having to deal with putting on an event with The Backstreet Boys - polar opposites:

:pac:

"talking about wheatgrass juice...."

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Overheal wrote: »
    Do you have a side by sides of the questions asked of Biden/Trump? Let’s see what the softballs were, like.

Biden was asked questions about tough issues but he was not argued with or met with obnoxious responses the way Trump was. He was instead allowed to answer his questions without interruption. You might say then that this was because what he said was correct but that's not true as they had to correct his responses with voice over and clips.

Biden suggested Dr. Scott Atlas wasn't a serious scientific person, no follow up. He was allowed to ramble (yet again) about how black people and white people now live together in the suburbs and take each other's kids to soccer practice and most incredulously of all was tee'd up a question about the emails on Hunter's laptop in the context of it being Russian misinformation. He of course loved this and then prattled on about Putin and how the intelligence services say as much. That is false and the DNI has made that clear, despite what the likes of Adam Schiff spews all over CNN.

https://twitter.com/CBS_Herridge/status/1318283154281668615

If this was Don Jnr's laptop that such emails had been found on, CNN/MSNBC would be running the story 24-7 claiming it was proof Trump was compromised. They sure had no problem doing that when there was almost zero evidence of it in 2016/17/18. Yet now, even when the DNI confirms the emails are not disinformation, the media allow/enable Biden to treat it as such.

Trump's 60 Minutes interview in comparison was a belligerent grilling, with replies to Trump speaking positively about how the economy pre-Covid such as: "You know that's not true" and a Stahl voice over then saying "It isn't" and "and that's not a fact" when Trump spoke about his promises re preexisting conditions. When Trump brought up that Biden was in the midst of an email scandal, Stahl scoffed and replied: "He's not in the midst of a scandal".

The interviews couldn't be further apart in terms of how each candidate was treated. No problem with Stahl disagreeing with Trump, but she should have responded to his assertions with questions, not flat out denials. Like asking him why he believes that the emails are not disinformation and problematic for Biden and why it is that he feels his campaign was spied on. Let the public decide then if he is wrong or not.

They'd never do that though as they don't want Trump extrapolating on why he feels the FISA courts were abused by the administration which Biden was VP of or why he believes the Biden laptop emails are not merely Russian misinformation. The liberal media are corrupted, end of story. Only leftists and the uninformed could legitimately think otherwise.

Well, of course she seemed well informed to you, given the nonsense you believe.

Biden was asked questions about tough issues but he was not argued with or met with obnoxious responses the way Trump was. He was instead allowed to answer his questions without interruption. You might say then that this was because what he said was correct but that's not true as they had to correct his responses with voice over and clips.

Biden suggested Dr. Scott Atlas wasn't a serious scientific person, no follow up. He was allowed to ramble (yet again) about how black people and white people now live together in the suburbs and take each other's kids to soccer practice and most incredulously of all was tee'd up a question about the emails on Hunter's laptop in the context of it being Russian misinformation. He of course loved this and then prattled on about Putin and how the intelligence services say as much. That is false and the DNI has made that clear, despite what the likes of Adam Schiff spews all over CNN.

https://twitter.com/CBS_Herridge/status/1318283154281668615

If this was Don Jnr's laptop that such emails had been found on, CNN/MSNBC would be running the story 24-7 claiming it was proof Trump was compromised. They sure had no problem doing that when there was almost zero evidence of it in 2016/17/18. Yet now, even when the DNI confirms the emails are not disinformation, the media allow/enable Biden to treat it as such.

Trump's 60 Minutes interview in comparison was a belligerent grilling with replies like: "You know that's not" and a Stahl voice over saying "It isn't" when Trump spoke positively about how the economy was pre-Covid and "and that's not a fact" when Trump spoke about his promises re preexisting conditions. When Trump brought up that Biden was in the midst of an email scandal, Stahl scoffed and replied: "He's not in the midst of a scandal".

The interviews couldn't be further apart in terms of how each candidate was treated. No problem with Stahl disagreeing with Trump, but she should have responded to his assertions with questions, not flat out denials. Like asking him why he believes that the emails are not disinformation and problematic for Biden and why he feels his campaign was spied on. Let the public decide then if he is wrong or not.

They'd never do that though as they don't want Trump extrapolating on why he feels the FISA courts were abused by the administration which Biden was VP of or why he believes the Biden emails are not disinformation. The liberal media are corrupted, end of story. Only leftists and the uninformed could legitimately think otherwise.

Ad hominem, appeal to authority (DNI Ratcliffe is an extreme partisan), and whataboutisms about scenarios that haven’t happened, the Trump kids did not allegedly drop off a laptop Hunter Biden did. By the way, those kids have White House jobs, something Hunter never had. Hunter wasn’t farting around the world on Air Force Two was he?

I was just interested in the make up of a conservative only country is all. If you got rid of all these lefty liberals, and finally make America great again ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

The bad person on TV asked Trump a few questions.

Boo hoo time for his obsequious sycophants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

True...but the Sex Pistols and P.I.L were great bands

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

newhouse87 wrote: »
    https://www.indy100.com/article/chris-pratt-politics-debate-twitter-matthew-yglesias-9723508

why would they bother say they are conservative when you see the reaction chris pratt got.

Think that's getting a bit conspiracy then is it? People in Trumps America are too afraid to say they are conservative. And are even doubling down by telling people to vote him out... I dunno, sometimes the simple explanation is often the more likely one!

I guess I fall on this liberal lefty side, so I am bias and most of my interests and hobbies I see people with similar views to me. Was just enjoying some LeBron James highlights there for example.

So was interested in the other side, what are these people watching and enjoying etc. It all seems so foreign to me. Kind of feels like moving "progress" back 100 years.

True...but the Sex Pistols and P.I.L were great bands

I like the Sex Pistols album, always felt a great band needed more material. But all subjective :)

This is probably the funniest joke that will be made on the internet today..

Think that's getting a bit conspiracy then is it? People in Trumps America are too afraid to say they are conservative. And are even doubling down by telling people to vote him out... I dunno, sometimes the simple explanation is often the more likely one!

I guess I fall on this liberal lefty side, so I am bias and most of my interests and hobbies I see people with similar views to me. Was just enjoying some LeBron James highlights there for example.

So was interested in the other side, what are these people watching and enjoying etc. It all seems so foreign to me. Kind of feels like moving "progress" back 100 years.

Listen to icecube so since he said he would work with trump to improve black america he's gotten tons of abuse. No conspiracy theories here.

• Advertisement

Listen to icecube so since he said he would work with trump to improve black america he's gotten tons of abuse. No conspiracy theories here.

i wasn't arguing that both sides don't throw abuse at the other. Sure Trumpy himself dishes it out regularly if you're not on his side.

I mean that you thinking loads of these people we are discussing are closet Trump fans is getting a bit CTish.

where did i say that loads of celebs are trump fans? You are inferring and you are inferring incorrectly?

Special Adviser to POTUS and former impeachment lawyer shopped the laptop story to WSJ before Rudy took it to NYP.

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/impeachment-lawyer-who-defended-trump-over-ukraine-was-involved-in-hunter-biden-email-story/

To say this story continues to rot would be understating things.

And just on Ice Cube, I have enjoyed his art, especially his first verse on F tha Police, I didn't realise he was a conservative, this conservative utopia music festival is looking up!!

And just on Ice Cube, I have enjoyed his art, especially his first verse on F tha Police, I didn't realise he was a conservative, this conservative utopia music festival is looking up!!

Who told you he was a conservative?

where did i say that loads of celebs are trump fans? You are inferring and you are inferring incorrectly?

oh apologies, i misunderstood.

I agree most people in the arts and sports and big tech I enjoy are letfy liberals

Who told you he was a conservative?

sorry been a long day! whats your point again? I have misunderstood it

sorry been a long day! whats your point again? I have misunderstood it

yes you have misunderstood, anyway time for my break here at work, cant beat triple time on a bank holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,849 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

What happened with Ice Cube was stupid, you have to work with those in charge regardless of who it is, Ice Cube has made contacts with both potential future administrations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

You know the way republicans/conservatives go on about this all the time.

What does a republican only country look like?

Great musicians don't want to be associated with them. The people who make our movies. Our great comedians. Women with less rights? Gay people with less rights? You can't even Netflix and chill as you've kicked out Big Tech:) Even their master himself has said he'd be nowhere without the Big Tech leftists and their scientific smarts.

Who are the smart and talented people on the republican/Trump side?

All you're doing is highlighting how poisoned the entertainment industry in Western Society has become, much like the news media. In America you have roughly half the electorate voting conservative and yet 99.9% of "entertainers" who express their political opinions, do so only when they are leftie ones.

Many reasons for this of course but only a fool would believe it's a true reflection of what those in the entertainment realm think. Statistically it simply can not be true and so the question is then why would the only political views being expressed be liberal and the answer is because an echo chamber has been cultivated over the last 20-30 years which ensures that anyone expressing alternate views to whatever the liberal consensus is, will be treated like a pariah.

A good recent example is how Jimmy Fallon was treated just for joking around with Trump:

https://apnews.com/article/d599adbc29d54df1b2a463d7ac3737f7

Chris Pratt, James Woods, Vince Vaughan etc, all get ripped apart and ridiculed when they express a conservative viewpoint. This sends the message to others that if they dare to do similar, the same will happen to them but don't make the mistake of thinking that that therefore means that 99.9% of those in the entertainment fields have lefty opinions. They don't, they just know that expressing their political views if they don't align with whatever the liberal opinion of the day is, is very likely to negatively impact their bank balance and so wisely choose to keep schtum instead, only making their true feelings known in the ballot box.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement